Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

titan fight lag (spoiler)

svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
I am having trouble getting out of the red line in time.  I play a bard so it should be no problem, but if I wait till I see it then half the time I wont get out of it in time.  It looks to me like Im 20 yards away, but I still get punted.  I think what must be happening is that it lays down the line but its not showing it to me in time.  And Im not from europe, Im from the US so its not like I have trans-atlantic lag.  The only way I could beat it was to just keep moving even when its not down.  Doesnt seem like a solid answer even though it worked for that one fight. 

Comments

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

Check your "Sending" and "Receiving" number which appears when you move your mouse to the icon to the left of the "LT" above your radar. 

Let us know what numbers those show D:.

• strangesidestrangeside Member UncommonPosts: 19

sometimes it can be the line stays longer than the cast, so if you're not out the red by the time the cast ends but the line is there you will be hit even if you get out it.

It's how all of telegraphs work in this game, you better be out of the stuff on the ground asap

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour

Check your "Sending" and "Receiving" number which appears when you move your mouse to the icon to the left of the "LT" above your radar. 

Let us know what numbers those show D:.

In town, they show 54 sending 1637 receiving.  But what do those numbers mean?  Cant be ping in milliseconds because at the time I looked just now I wasnt lagging at all.  1637ms would be horrible lag.  I think thats a measure of the amount of data being sent.  I notice if I dont do anything the sending number will fall to zero.

Originally posted by strangeside

sometimes it can be the line stays longer than the cast, so if you're not out the red by the time the cast ends but the line is there you will be hit even if you get out it.

It's how all of telegraphs work in this game, you better be out of the stuff on the ground asap

Ok, next time I go Ill try looking for his cast bar instead of looking for the line.  Maybe the line isnt showing till his cast is almost completed.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Unfortunately, it gets worse in other fights. Stone Vigil final boss drops AOE all over in the last phase, and I get hit with it even if I'm no where near it... That fight in particular is awful for server lag.

I pretty much just bank on getting AOEed in that fight.

Titan - I haven't had a problem with it. The huge AOE with the red line hurts, but it doesn't punt unless your outside of it - you want to be slightly inside of it.

The straight line one that's crazy colored - yeah, that one you have to avoid.

• JasdemiJasdemi Member UncommonPosts: 149
    I gave up on the game because of this intended built-in lag. Especially annoying playing as a caster. The lag is so bad, that I can almost finish 1s casts while running. 
  • TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Jasdemi
    I gave up on the game because of this intended built-in lag. Especially annoying playing as a caster. The lag is so bad, that I can almost finish 1s casts while running. 

I had major issues during the launch. Now, it isn't so bad for me (European), it is enough for me to avoid most AoEs. Although I haven't tested Titan yet.

• SagaSolunaSagaSoluna Member Posts: 14

Remember NOT to jump while you run away.

If the line disappears while you are on the air you still get hit regardless of where you stand once the spell actually happens. 

Originally posted by TwoThreeFour
    Originally posted by Jasdemi

I had major issues during the launch. Now, it isn't so bad for me (European), it is enough for me to avoid most AoEs. Although I haven't tested Titan yet.

Titan is the only one Ive ever had this problem with.  Ive missed getting out of stuff because of my own fault, but this is different.  I moved as soon as I saw it on the ground, and was a good 5 beam widths out of it before it hit me.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405

This is a known issue. Hopefully they will fix it. In the bug report the person reporting is from EU but this affects most everyone, what people are doing to get around the issue is learning the patterns in the fights where it can wipe your party and moving or strafing before the attack comes up.

As a tank I find it annoying to have to strafe right and left because I cannot count on the visual cue the game gives me. SE needs to fix this ASAP but I am not sure they believe the issue to be very important sadly.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• BloodaxesBloodaxes Member EpicPosts: 4,662

Wait till you do cutter's cry last boss or dzemeal darkhold 2nd boss if you are having problems on titan.

Just like the last boss of cutter's cry the chimera their aoes are fast to be executed, you either move instantly or don't bother you'll get hit.

Even melee suffer on those aoes sometimes not only casters but casters have the tendency on waiting for that spell to finish casting before moving which is not a good idea.

You can't just do that in all dungeons! Interrupt the spell and get out of the red circle.

I must say tanks start seeing this in Brayflox in the last boss fight and the tanks take lots of "grief" till they learn to start strafing before the attack comes up but then when you do titan it is grand because the tanks is the one person that doesn't have to dodge the knockoff attack.

The tanks that took grief from the dps kings can then ask them elite players if they are stupid and cannot not see the attack and "Uh move out of the way" lol.  I though it  was grand to see all the dps kings moan and groan as they got knock off. lol

Seriously this issue needs fixing though as i think many people will leave over it.

@bloodaxes you might have missed that link but this is a known issue, there is a delay which causes the servers to think you are inside the red lines when in fact you are not.  This was suppose to have been addressed in beta and although the issue is not as bad it is still there and hasn't been eliminated.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551
    Originally posted by Asm0deus

I must say tanks start seeing this in Brayflox in the last boss fight and the tanks take lots of "grief" till they learn to start strafing before the attack comes up but then when you do titan it is grand because the tanks is the one person that doesn't have to dodge the knockoff attack.

The tanks that took grief from the dps kings can then ask them elite players if they are stupid and cannot not see the attack and "Uh move out of the way" lol.  I though it  was grand to see all the dps kings moan and groan as they got knock off. lol

Seriously this issue needs fixing though as i think many people will leave over it.

@bloodaxes you might have missed that link but this is a known issue, there is a delay which causes the servers to think you are inside the red lines when in fact you are not.  This was suppose to have been addressed in beta and although the issue is not as bad it is still there and hasn't been eliminated.

Pretty much this.  The night before I attempted the Titan fight, I probably wiped on the last boss in Brayflox 6 times because of that AoE that seemed almost impossible to dodge.  To make matters worse, I'm an American playing on a JPN region server (a problem I will rectify when they allow server transfers).  I wasn't able to successfully complete the fight until I literally ran circles around the boss for the duration of the fight.

By comparison, I thought Titan was pretty much a joke.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    Ya your right !there is a lot of bugie effect going on!like me I cast a spell 3 time to heal.DRM refuse to authorize it to server it think I hack.I don't .I just don't use paging file .
  • GormogonGormogon Member UncommonPosts: 224

This issue was brought up in beta and it was addressed to the satisfaction of SE (Yoshi-P even released a statement on it) and the vast majority of fans.  Blame the latter for convincing SE it really wasn't a big enough issue to take seriously. Here's our mmorpg discussion about it: 

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/390188/Stop-denying-the-terrible-persistant-lag.html

Then deal with it or quit, because SE doesn't give a flying **** about the problems you're having, because it's apparently not really happening or it's entirely your fault.  Or it's beta.  Or something.

Good thing I haven't uninstalled the secret world!
    Precision:it isn't lag.its like the DRM think player is hacking and is preventing player from interacting in game like if you turn clock wise and counter clockwise a few time too quick.or if you press heal DRM act like this:wtf this player is too quick he hacked .I ain't lifting this heal pass.etc I ain't reinstalling a paging file because game Dev at s-e are noob.
    Originally posted by Gormogon

This issue was brought up in beta and it was addressed to the satisfaction of SE (Yoshi-P even released a statement on it) and the vast majority of fans.  Blame the latter for convincing SE it really wasn't a big enough issue to take seriously. Here's our mmorpg discussion about it: 

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/390188/Stop-denying-the-terrible-persistant-lag.html

Then deal with it or quit, because SE doesn't give a flying **** about the problems you're having, because it's apparently not really happening or it's entirely your fault.  Or it's beta.  Or something.

Well if enough people complain about this now that the game has gone live they may change their minds even the Mr Yoshi P might change his mind, there has been that much talk about in in the official forums.  Also it is still in the "Accepted Bugs" section, so no it has not been addressed to anyones satisfaction.  ;)

Your right though about how shiny the White light reflecting off the Knightly armor is in those forums though!