Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I will be reviewing the Game ...soon

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by Dren_Utogi

I will be playing the game as intended and will not be skipping any cut scenes.

The character will be a trooper and I may try to see if it can dps / hybrid .

I will be critical and will not share the review until I reach as fa as the f2p model allows.

If their is anything anyone want to know or something one would like to tell/warn me while I'm doing this, please post.

this will be a completely objective review which mean I will write about what the games has and doesn't without comparing it to any othe rmmorpg. This is a new experience for me so I look forward to the challenge of writing such a review.

Maybe try a different game. SWTOR is a terrible game and they totally wasted the Star Wars IP on it. Just a suggestion.

Smile

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279

This game has loading screens at every corner. It isnt a seamless world game. Also the classes mirror each other so that makes it like only 4 classes total in game. I like the art style and the animations of the characters, but pvp sucks cos not much variety, only 4 classes to choose from. Also the instanced pvp sucks cos the game engine cannot handle big battles. This is why all the war zones are 8v8. I would of loved the game if the classes did not mirror each other(devs taking lazy route for balancing pvp) and there werent a loading screen at every corner you turn.

Also wpvp sucks because when you go out and quest in contested planets, the desgins of the quests do not take you to cross patch with opposite faction. This game is a big dud. Wish SW:TOR was like EQ Next.

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    Not to be rude or anything, but why should I care that you are doing a review? Are you someone special? The game has been reviewed many times. Why should anyone care that you in particular are reviewing it? And also, if its so far off, why the announcement? Again, are you someone special and we should all get excited because you MIGHT be reviewing the game in a year or so?
  • slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

I think thats the only thing anyone needs to tell you, and you are already going to be doing it.  Play it the way THEY intended, not the way the spacebar happy a.d.d people play it.

• dorugudorugu Member UncommonPosts: 184
    it feels 2 me like the mmo part was tacked on a single player game as an after thought that it wasnt meant to b an mmo but a single player game with coop and online functionality
  • slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464
    Originally posted by madazz
    Not to be rude or anything, but why should I care that you are doing a review? Are you someone special? The game has been reviewed many times. Why should anyone care that you in particular are reviewing it? And also, if its so far off, why the announcement? Again, are you someone special and we should all get excited because you MIGHT be reviewing the game in a year or so?

You should be just as excited about him reviewing a game as you are any other e-youtubecelebrity you currently worship.  His opinions are just as valid.

*Don't get me wrong. I probably won't read his review just like I don't read any other reviews. But if he wants to take the time and review it, I see nothing wrong with it.

• obocoboc Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Well, go right ahead and review it all you want. But to be honest there isn't much you can or can't say that has not been said 20 million times already. But enjoy your gaming :)
  • sudosudo Member UncommonPosts: 697

Care to answer to this, OP?

"Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted.
    Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world."
    Hans Margolius

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    What is the point of this thread? 

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493
    Originally posted by VassagoMael

Exactly...as some one else already pointed out to OP.."Who are you??" What can you add that hasn't already been said. 

The game plays great as the console game that it should have been. But as an mmo fails miserably, as evident by it  going F2P within the first year (notice that it did not make it to the one year mark before it changed.) so that in itself should tell you something. And yes it was a failure, before the white knights come out, with an IP like Star Wars...this should have NEVER happened. EA's game design was lazy and short sighted. Not to mention the terrible game engine employed by them that is the main cause of this game's dismal performance ( one year to release a character re-skin ..aka Cathar because of the engine). But as a solo game (And I still believe wholeheartedly that if they had put this game out on consoles with multiplayer options, it would have done phenomenal ) it plays very well and is an enjoyable  experience as almost all of Bioware games are.

But as an mmo..it missed that mark quite bad. 

AND that's not to mention the continued support towards the cash shop, while alienating the subscribers to the point that having a sub is really not even worth it.Case in point ...the expansion will be free now to new subs (they get a refund) while the older players get a "title" as compensation.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by Razeekster

The character will be a trooper and I may try to see if it can dps / hybrid .

I will be critical and will not share the review until I reach as fa as the f2p model allows.

If their is anything anyone want to know or something one would like to tell/warn me while I'm doing this, please post.

this will be a completely objective review which mean I will write about what the games has and doesn't without comparing it to any othe rmmorpg. This is a new experience for me so I look forward to the challenge of writing such a review.

Maybe try a different game. SWTOR is a terrible game and they totally wasted the Star Wars IP on it. Just a suggestion.

Yep, already reviewed that game.

final score 3/10

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by sudo

Care to answer to this, OP?

As opposed to whom? Who do you two authorize to write a review?

It just seems like the OP is trying to drum up some excitement for his new review. Why not just make the review and post that?

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

I feel when games go F2p and as a free plauyer which  a lot people are, they are not given an accurate look at what the game has to offer them. I think it is extremely important to review both sides of a game that has multiple pay options. Some folks plainly put, are to poor to buy a sub right now, but love to play mmos.

With out getting into plotics or why people aren't working, just know that America is almost reaching 10% unemployment and folks are struggling. It is nice to have something to take you into a different world and have some fun.

So instead of creating my own justifications of why , I'm just going to tell you, " I just am",

I could be missing something, and you have every right to play, review and post...It is a forum, but are you expecting the experience to be better now that it is f2p?  I know I played my free month, and even wrote if the game was free to play with no cash shop, I was done....Just didn't have a lasting design imo, so not sure what the f2pness of it would enhance, well besides it being free.

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by orionblack

Exactly...as some one else already pointed out to OP.."Who are you??" What can you add that hasn't already been said. 

The game plays great as the console game that it should have been. But as an mmo fails miserably, as evident by it  going F2P within the first year (notice that it did not make it to the one year mark before it changed.) so that in itself should tell you something. And yes it was a failure, before the white knights come out, with an IP like Star Wars...this should have NEVER happened. EA's game design was lazy and short sighted. Not to mention the terrible game engine employed by them that is the main cause of this game's dismal performance ( one year to release a character re-skin ..aka Cathar because of the engine). But as a solo game (And I still believe wholeheartedly that if they had put this game out on consoles with multiplayer options, it would have done phenomenal ) it plays very well and is an enjoyable  experience as almost all of Bioware games are.

AND that's not to mention the continued support towards the cash shop, while alienating the subscribers to the point that having a sub is really not even worth it.Case in point ...the expansion will be free now to new subs (they get a refund) while the older players get a "title" as compensation.

I believe it would have done well as a console game too but I think your tone towards that fact seems to suggest you think consoles and their games are inferior ? if so don't talk trash thank you. Not sure why on one hand you say a great solo game but think with a multiplayer option it would be great on a console , a bit of a contradiction really don't you think. Console bashing is old and tiresome , there has been a few great MMO's on consoles , the dev's are just waking up to this fact about 12 years late. Some people would argue that the amount of skills in the game per character wouldn't fit on a  controller but i know otherwise , says my 40 skills on my 360 controller.

As to the OP I would read your review , I am interested in how far and how much fun the game is to a pure F2P , if played well you can bet that you will get to the end and have fun. It seems you are going to play for about 3 months , is that right ? If so yeah that seems to be enough time to get an objective idea of how easy , fun etc F2P SWTOR actually is.

Just be aware of some unlocks you might want to buy off the GTN to help level you quicker etc.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• Whiskey_SamWhiskey_Sam Member UncommonPosts: 323
    I'll alert the media.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

Dont even bother OP....
    I am a big fan of the whole SW franchise.
    I bought 2 copy's and 2 timecards spending around 170 euro and damn it was the worse money i ever spent.
    Quited 2 weeks in and never looked back :(

Offcourse to each his own taste, but you wont find many positive mmo players in this dark dungeon ;)
    EA/Bioware ruined something that could have rocked the mmo world for at least 5 years.
    A missed oppertunity and left many with a bad taste in mouth.

Now its free to play and its even worse :P

• krondinkrondin Member UncommonPosts: 106

Despite all the folks who Commented Negatively to your project, I think its a good thing for you to do! Seems funny all these people say negative things about your goal to review this game, if they didn't really care, or don't like the idea,  then why did they take the time to post a reply!  

I would ask you to review in your journeys in SWTOR, your feelings on layout of the maps, progression thru them and content on them that respawns, like crafting materials spots and quest hubs.  I would also be interested in how you feel the game works twords providing a Social Community vs twords solo, single play.  I hope you have a Fun time in your review process.

I just re sub'd for a month to check it out again with all the changes since launch < i am a founder > I had left the game for over a year.  I am finding it a better game then when i left it, thou still not all i had hoped it would be, by far.... I am getting my $15 worth of entertainment and we'll see if i have enough fun to continue playing after this. 

• orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493
    Originally posted by BadOrb

I believe it would have done well as a console game too but I think your tone towards that fact seems to suggest you think consoles and their games are inferior ? if so don't talk trash thank you. Not sure why on one hand you say a great solo game but think with a multiplayer option it would be great on a console , a bit of a contradiction really don't you think. Console bashing is old and tiresome , there has been a few great MMO's on consoles , the dev's are just waking up to this fact about 12 years late. Some people would argue that the amount of skills in the game per character wouldn't fit on a  controller but i know otherwise , says my 40 skills on my 360 controller.

As to the OP I would read your review , I am interested in how far and how much fun the game is to a pure F2P , if played well you can bet that you will get to the end and have fun. It seems you are going to play for about 3 months , is that right ? If so yeah that seems to be enough time to get an objective idea of how easy , fun etc F2P SWTOR actually is.

Just be aware of some unlocks you might want to buy off the GTN to help level you quicker etc.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Wasn't console bashing in the bit (preordered my ps4 btw..) and didn't mean for it to come out like that. Point is this game to me seems to far removed from the mmo game style, but more in line with a console style game, that being said..you have to agree it is the best single player mmo out there. I have more than a couple of +50 toons on the game and at no time did I really need help to achieve the grind to 50..and beyond. And while yes you can raid, it most definitely is not required to handle the higher level content except for the raids of course (I.E : gear). So ...yeah I was not in the bit bashing consoles..I love em myself. 

As to why SWtOR would have done well on a console system...long story short (deleted a bunch out ^^ ) it would not have taken as much heat if it released as KotOR 3, then just add multiplayer function and there ya . ^^ 

P.S.   Only console mmo's I can think of are FFXI and DCUO.....and I guess Defiance , if that really is an mmo. But let me know because I would like to check them out.

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by BadOrb

Cheers,

BadOrb.

Wasn't console bashing in the bit (preordered my ps4 btw..) and didn't mean for it to come out like that. Point is this game to me seems to far removed from the mmo game style, but more in line with a console style game, that being said..you have to agree it is the best single player mmo out there. I have more than a couple of +50 toons on the game and at no time did I really need help to achieve the grind to 50..and beyond. And while yes you can raid, it most definitely is not required to handle the higher level content except for the raids of course (I.E : gear). So ...yeah I was not in the bit bashing consoles..I love em myself. 

As to why SWtOR would have done well on a console system...long story short (deleted a bunch out ^^ ) it would not have taken as much heat if it released as KotOR 3, then just add multiplayer function and there ya . ^^ 

P.S.   Only console mmo's I can think of are FFXI and DCUO.....and I guess Defiance , if that really is an mmo. But let me know because I would like to check them out.

O right ok , very hard to read people's writings on the interweb , sorry bout that. Well I was forced to play solo as my levelling partner hardly played with me back in the day , well they did but not as often as I wanted. So I have some solo characters and some grouped up and I agree the solo play is actually pretty good really , I don't normally like soloing an MMO , but I guess because of the story and cinematic's and VO , it made the experience very entertaining.

I get what you mean now kotor 3 with multiplayer , still I would imagine it would have been more than one kotor edition though , with all the different class stories.

O my sig mentions 2 of them both sadly closed down now though , they where Phantasy Star Online and Phantasy Star Universe. We are still waiting on PSO2 but it will be on PC and possibly Vita , eventually.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    THis is a very odd thread and should be locked as it holds no value as far as being able to discuss anything, but as far as some of the posts here, its a great game to some, its a horrible game to others, many more are in the middle for one reason or another, what difference does it make. If you like it, play it. IMO the game is just fine when treated as a single player story game with the occassional need to group with others for some of the better story modes. Did the game do as well as I had hope and what Bioware thought? Not at all, but the games seems to have a healthy enough population and is staying afloat so who gives a shit lol.

There Is Always Hope!