Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Godus Early Access...

5Luck5Luck Member UncommonPosts: 218

I have been trying to find some decent information about this game and so far I have hit roadblocks at every turn.

I found developer gameplays and a few feature vids but its seems the forums are private even after a steam early access launch!

Anybody have any player driven info? Or is there an NDA still in effect? Or what is up with this title?

Comments

• indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344

It isn't an MMO so you're posting on the wrong website completely.

The game looks like complete trash and everything about it has been done in 20 other god games.

• 5Luck5Luck Member UncommonPosts: 218

Interesting... ya know that whole "general gaming" thing...

Yea...

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    Originally posted by 5Luck

Yea...

I agree that this is the wrong forums for these kind of things, but "General Gaming" doesn't mean that it has to be MMOs.

Anyhow, I have a bone for you. Here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0Y4OtDEfKA

Total biscuits Alphastrike on the game. Looks alright but not great as of yet. Might just play populous instead.

• GolazGolaz Member UncommonPosts: 24

You can follow the forum/discussion for Godus on Steam  here:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/232810/discussions/

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

The game looks interesting. . It is sort of making me more skeptical  about crowd funding things though.  For sure it is not one I am going to be buying early access to.  

The Alpha Strike video was good to see.  

[mod edit -fixed post]

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Wow. . not sure how I managed that.  See side panel above for my comment :)  I can't even edit it.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• GolazGolaz Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Originally posted by Aethaeryn
    Wow. . not sure how I managed that.  See side panel above for my comment :)  I can't even edit it.

hehe..thought it was my browser first and reloaded the page hoping it would go away without any luck :)

• 5Luck5Luck Member UncommonPosts: 218

Yea that alpha strike vid really oped my eyes a bit..

Thx for the share!

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,100

Yea...

I don't know how the 2 responders to you think that this is the wrong forum. I think they are very, very confused. Your post is in the perfect place.

And I almost bought Godus, but I got a feeling that it's going to be filled with lies like most of the other games coming from Peter Molyneux.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by madazz

Yea...

I don't know how the 2 responders to you think that this is the wrong forum. I think they are very, very confused. Your post is in the perfect place.

And I almost bought Godus, but I got a feeling that it's going to be filled with lies like most of the other games coming from Peter Molyneux.

I don't remember Peter Molyneux ever lying.His problem is that his designs and goals are always over ambitious and not grounded in technical reality.He shoots his mouth about his grand design schemes then the guys with technical prowess come in and tell him what is possible and what's not and he has to do a lot of backpedalling and apologizing.

People who are planning to buy into early access should also remember that it's in alpha...true alpha so is in a very rough state when it comes to QoL stuff and user interface and a lot of the planned features don't exist.

Game may turn out to be bad and I'm not gonna pay money personally to alpha test a game.I'll wait to see the final product.

• madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Originally posted by Drakynn
    Originally posted by madazz

Yea...

I don't remember Peter Molyneux ever lying.His problem is that his designs and goals are always over ambitious and not grounded in technical reality.He shoots his mouth about his grand design schemes then the guys with technical prowess come in and tell him what is possible and what's not and he has to do a lot of backpedalling and apologizing.

People who are planning to buy into early access should also remember that it's in alpha...true alpha so is in a very rough state when it comes to QoL stuff and user interface and a lot of the planned features don't exist.

Game may turn out to be bad and I'm not gonna pay money personally to alpha test a game.I'll wait to see the final product.

I pre-ordered fable. He promised it was going to be an open world game, he promised getting married, he promised you'd be able to alter the world. He said you'd be able to plant a seed and watch the plant/tree grow over time. He said you could have babies. He said there would be online co-op.

You know what I got? A game with NONE of those PROMISED features. Whats worse? THEY REMOVED THE FINAL BOSS FOR THE ORIGINAL RELEASE. That is right, I purchased a game that was LITERALLY incomplete. I am not talking about a buggy beta, I am talking about content that was actually MISSING. The end game boss was a dragon. Instead of that dragon there was a wall that blocked off the area. The game just kind of ended.

So yeah, he lies. And I am not going to trust him again. Having big ideas doesn't mean JACK if it isn't in the game. As far as I am concerned Black and White was his last innovative game.

*edit - he also lies or as you imply, shares his ideas to hype up his games. He knows well enough that his ideas will not come to fruition. He's done it multiple times now. If you wanna listen to him talk about ideas he would like in a standard game he is about to release than all the more power to you. But I wanna know what is actually IN THE GAME. I don't want to buy ideas. 

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

I have been trying to find some decent information about this game and so far I have hit roadblocks at every turn.

I found developer gameplays and a few feature vids but its seems the forums are private even after a steam early access launch!

Anybody have any player driven info? Or is there an NDA still in effect? Or what is up with this title?

I'm interested, too. Hoping someone that picks it up can shed a little light, or is it NDA'd still?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

The current beta seems like a very Niche game that leaves an AWFUL first impression.

Basically the beginning of the game is a cowclicker, you'll be constantly clicking buildings gathering "belief" making space for your villagers to make more buildings so they can mate, so you can get more villagers, to make more buildings, to gather more belief.. Etc, etc, etc. This is made easier later on when you get a Settlement tower which gathers the belief of all buildings around it in one place.

After a little while the game expands, you find a shrine that introduces you to PvP by imitating a battle like it, but against AI, It's like a RTS with a few godpowers, and you can only control your units with a beacon you can move and turn on and off, this means all your units at once, no seperate groups, although your working villagers will keep on working and ignore the beacon.

The AI at least in beta is absolutely braindead, and usually telling your units to attack at the start beats them fairly easily, if you lose that initial battle It's not much of an issue, the AI seems to sort of get stuck at a set amount of settlers, so you just build until you outnumber them and rush again.

Resources in the game are hidden around the island in chests, cutting trees wont give you wood, clearing rocks wont give you stone, villagers wont clear trees or stone - This is all up to you, you click to destroy, to clear land, to make space for houses, so people can mate, and make more villagers, to make more houses.. Etc. etc.. You get the idea.

Throughout the land you'll find shrines that'll expand the area you have access to ( they clear a fog of war you can't build or alter land in ) and as your population grows you'll unlock higher tier buildings that grant more belief, and have space for more villagers.

There is a wolf here and there, clicking them 5 times kills them, they're really no threat - Your god powers besides altering land seem pointless unless you play PvP against other players, besides clearing "blighted land" which slows your villagers, i haven't found much use for my powers at all.

This is .. Really it, theres not much more in the game besides that, the beta currently has a bug where your population caps out around 2400 villagers, they'll stop building.

You'll often lack resource cards to upgrade your civilization, for example learning to "mine" requires you to find pickaxes, coal, and something i forgot.. If your map doesn't have these in them you can't progress unless you get these through PvP, so PvE players are forced to PvP - But you can only PvP with people in your friendslist, theres no lobbies or anything.

I'll answer questions if there are any, It's 2:15AM so i might not be up very long but i'll check back for another hour, and perhaps tomorrow - I really enjoy godus, but i wouldn't recommend paying for it in It's beta state unless you really really want to play it.

• logicbomb82logicbomb82 Member UncommonPosts: 228
    Thanks for the info on the game, I was interested myself but I think I'll pass for now.
    I run the Mature Minded Gamers. We do video and board gaming videos and reviews. We also have a big Dungeons and Dragons community with multiple games active each week.
    Join us at: https://www.maturemindedgamers.com

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    If you buy it, just be prepared to replace your mouse from all the clicking.  
  • SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    Originally posted by Torcip
    If you buy it, just be prepared to replace your mouse from all the clicking.  

Oh yes, my first session gave me mad carpel tunnel.

• AlthewiseguyAlthewiseguy Member Posts: 108
    Yeah I will be following this. Not buying it right now.