Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Closed Beta Announced (KR) Oct. 1st

Comments

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    ah nice news. Going to be  a very long time before we see it here in the west though!
  • moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Originally posted by Jinxys
    ah nice news. Going to be  a very long time before we see it here in the west though!

I bet we see it before Blade and Soul.

• StefacleStefacle Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Originally posted by moosecatlol

That would be great news, hope you are right.

Black Desert looks so much more interesting than Blade and Soul.

• alyosha17alyosha17 Member Posts: 156
    They should be able to do a near-simultaneous release in this day and age.  If Squareenix can do same-day international release in 4 languages, then it shouldnt take two whole years to localize and find a publisher.   It should be a maximum of months between releases.  Don't these companies know to strike while the iron is hot, rather than waiting until interest diminishes?
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

B&S seriously might not make it out the East. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Originally posted by alyosha17
    They should be able to do a near-simultaneous release in this day and age.  If Squareenix can do same-day international release in 4 languages, then it shouldnt take two whole years to localize and find a publisher.   It should be a maximum of months between releases.  Don't these companies know to strike while the iron is hot, rather than waiting until interest diminishes?

You just compared the monster that is Square Enix to these small independent Korean developers....

• alyosha17alyosha17 Member Posts: 156
    Originally posted by Shauneepeak
    Originally posted by alyosha17

You just compared the monster that is Square Enix to these small independent Korean developers....

The point is they should be taking actions to release simultaneously, rather than waiting until after they've already released in Korea & after interest has already dried up .

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Originally posted by bcbully

B&S seriously might not make it out the East. 

Out of the East?

• EhnoahEhnoah Member UncommonPosts: 29

Just a small fix for you guys. Beta is NOT on October 1. it is just OPEN of the Website with BETA APPLICATION.

After this Date Beta will be announced for some date IN Ocotober. Might be a bit confusion for some of you :)

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    I don't think "the west" will see this game for  y e a r s...........
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

2016 if we are lucky.

• drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf
    I don't think "the west" will see this game for  y e a r s...........

If Archeage is any indication then probably not. If memory serves there fist closed beta started in 2010.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by Ehnoah

Just a small fix for you guys. Beta is NOT on October 1. it is just OPEN of the Website with BETA APPLICATION.

After this Date Beta will be announced for some date IN Ocotober. Might be a bit confusion for some of you :)

Yeah, time to get this one off my radar. I'm still waiting for AA and frankly I wish I hadn't found out about it so soon (January 2010) and Blade & Soul way before that.

By the time I finally get to play some of the ones I had been waiting for they would have already been butchered by the "localization."

• JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271

I am guessing Black Dessert will take no less than 2 years to hit the west if ever.

Considering how long is taking Blade & Soul and ArcheAge to be released here.

The fastest release in the west of a Korean game I remember was Aion by NCsoft in Sep 2009,10 months after Korean release in Nov 2008.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Originally posted by coretex666

Good news.

When do you think will the game release in the west? My guess would be Q4 2015.

That is a pretty good guess! At least it gets the ball rolling with this announcement. If they release in Q1 2014 in South Korea that could easily mean Q1 2015 for us... which really translates to Q4 2015 or maybe Q1 2016. The future is near!

• alias333alias333 Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Originally posted by Juaks

I am guessing Black Dessert will take no less than 2 years to hit the west if ever.

Considering how long is taking Blade & Soul and ArcheAge to be released here.

The fastest release in the west of a Korean game I remember was Aion by NCsoft in Sep 2009,10 months after Korean release in Nov 2008.

first BNS is not very actual game to hit in west servers.I have played it for 6 month in  korea and believe me it will be so big fail in west that it will not be close to tera fail.in NCSOFT they know this better for us and they are not hurry to get them game in west.

Example I can provide when nvsoft wanted to westernize game AION they did all betas after korea live in 6 month and we had full updated 1.5 content live servers in 9 month.

Now another game to archage played also fir 3 month beta and live for 2 month.Why it took so long even to go live in korea.

I will explain. the amount world and content its so so huge,that to be honest I have not seen after l2 so big amount of content,questing,housing,fawrming,siege and so on. that's why there beta testing took months,i mean each beta test.I am not talking about skills and class.thats also very messy.

Now lets compare archage+BNS to BD.BD content for currents version is not so huge.It mostly supports 4 classes or 5 don't remember exactly and they don't have support and healer classes.Potions all the way.Now lets have a look at content,landshaft and all mechaniks of the game.its not so big what we know from QA at this moment.we don't have separate instances in the game like it is in BNS or was in aion.Thats also big plus when u westernize a game. and also as devs said there will be very very small amount of endgear like it was in l2 dark crystal and drakonik. So from this point of view they don't need big amount of time to westernize it,i Think time will depend to company which will choose PA in usa/EU.

• MersnomsMersnoms Member Posts: 1
    One can only hope and pray this game will be released in the west...