Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance: State of the Game Details Game Alterations

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The latest Defiance State of the Game letter has been published on the official site. In it, the discussion centers around things the team is ardently working on, including changes to weapons, shields, the inventory system, the social system, objectives and UI. There is even a sneak peek at what lies ahead.

That will bring us to our second DLC, which you saw a sneak peek of during PAX. It’s going to be an exciting expansion with arkfall interiors, new boss encounters, and useful power-ups called spikes and stims. It’s a big update and I look forward to sharing more details soon.

After that, we’re putting a major focus on the chase. EGO, gear, and weapon improvements as those are needed to be a core part of the ark hunter experience. Not only will ark hunters improve over time, but their loadout and gear decisions will matter. Choosing to specialize in spitting out flaming death will obliterate flash and blood opponents, yes, but that may not be the best way to handle a two-ton mechanical juggernaut. The New Frontier is a dangerous and unpredictable place, and only the most adaptable ark hunters survive.

Read the full letter on the Defiance site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    its about time! this game has needed an overhaul from the beginning. If these changes are done right and SOON, i may have to reinstall! 
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Like TribeOfOne says - ABOUT TIME! This game has tons of potential but I'm not playing it as much as I should because of most of the problems that currently come with it. If the changes are made I might be playing it a lot more.
  • Afro-ThunderAfro-Thunder Member UncommonPosts: 86

As much as I hate to admit this....

I played the weekend trial thingie a while back. I enjoyed the game, but it wasn't really worth the price. I honestly thought this would have gone F2P by now and that's what I have been waiting for.

It looks like they are actively trying to improve it now, so I'll keep my eyes on this and maybe pick it up soon.

• pappacubepappacube Member UncommonPosts: 99
    is the DLC free? because there is no way I am giving them anymore money for something that really should be part of the base game. 
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Still playing game as casual 1-2 hours during works days & enjoying

Only dislike chat system & solo instancing.

• VooDoo_PapaVooDoo_Papa Member UncommonPosts: 897
    Originally posted by pappacube
    is the DLC free? because there is no way I am giving them anymore money for something that really should be part of the base game. 

if i had to guess, yhe DLC wont be free, but the changes to features like chat and UI will be global changes to the client and not require purchasing the DLC. 

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Plan on playing this when the next season of Defiance comes on, till then improve it as much as possible =).
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    I almost forgot i have this game installed on my PC, yeah that is how average and forgettable this game really is.
  • Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    With these fixes, the game has a chance to be better than the show. Of course, that's not saying much.
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    I honestly wouldn't suggest this game to my worst enemy in the state that it is in right now. It's just a mess of a game and I uninstalled it after about 5 hours of gameplay and asked Steam for a refund because I felt so cheated by all the problems Defiance has. Just a warning to anyone thinking about buying, wait a while to see if things improve first.

Smile

• Psion33Psion33 Member Posts: 248
    Originally posted by PWN_FACE

Defiance is still installed on my computer. I haven't played it for a few months, but I believe Trion can still do something good with this game. I had a lot of fun, but as everyone knows, it can feel like you are just out there by yourself running around with others. That is fun in some ways, but it doesn't help keep you there for the long haul. 

If there are social hubs and reasons to go to these hubs (not talking about Arkfalls, where you don't really need to talk to anyone), then things can get better in terms of fostering a community of some sort. 

Gameplay is basically fun, but the weapons do need some working on. It's fun to drive. I agree that  there is a lot of *potential* here.

Sorry my man, but you are the kind of people I try to avoid, the clingy "socialites." I don't mind the chat interface maybe being redone but I don't want some kid following my back pocket around.

• TheRealDarkeusTheRealDarkeus Member UncommonPosts: 314
    If they can fix this game, I will gladly go back. 
  • EndoRobotoEndoRoboto Member Posts: 275
    Flash and blood!
  • RolleZRolleZ Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Fix the gawd darn FOV.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by VooDoo_Papa
    Originally posted by pappacube

if i had to guess, yhe DLC wont be free, but the changes to features like chat and UI will be global changes to the client and not require purchasing the DLC. 

DLC is not free *sadly* You gotta buy it for €10/$10 each. Or you grab the Season Pass from eBay for about €13 (€30/$30 retail) and you get the 5 DLC that are planned for 'free'. Obviously I picked the eBay option from a trader that I've bought keys from more than once...

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

I guess the only person left interested in reading that "state of the game"-article was the author himself, for spell checking purpose.

Everyone else just moved on in terms of Defiance. The game is dead way before S2 even started.

• To be honest, the reason I left this game a few weeks after launch was: I got to San Diego, I was doing the same damage, had the same HP, didn't give a crap about my gear because it didn't matter, had points spent in the 3-4 only good things to get and I was basically doing the exact same thing as I was at launch.

No progression or a feeling of progression is a NO GO. It's also the reason why people leave GW2 as well. You just never get stronger or feel like you are. You get more OPTIONS, but you never become this godlike hero of the game's world.

This patch looks like it will fix this. But, I wouldn't hold my breath for you guys who are actually anticipating this. Trion is not in a strong and safe position right now. The moment they need to lay off to stay in business, Defiance will be the target. Now I'm not saying the game will shut down, but they can very well ignore it "as long as it's up for as long as the show is up".

• bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    The show might out live the game, kool.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    If all those changes are live, I might reinstall the game again.