Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fanciful Ideas - What are Yours?

BeadmanBeadman Member UncommonPosts: 154

What are some of the ideas you have had for ESO that you believe will never happen, but still find yourself enjoying the thought of?

For me it is a first person view-locked server. A lot of talk by Paul Sage is about the use of third person for situational awareness in PvP. I personally wouldn't mind the added tactical thinking needed with a locked-in first person view. Not to mention that I just love the way the player interacts with the world in first person.

Comments

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Get rid of devs who cannot think out of Daoc box. Sadly it won't happen though.
  • vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708
    Originally posted by DeanGrey

What are some of the ideas you have had for ESO that you believe will never happen, but still find yourself enjoying the thought of?

For me it is a first person view-locked server. A lot of talk by Paul Sage is about the use of third person for situational awareness in PvP. I personally wouldn't mind the added tactical thinking needed with a locked-in first person view. Not to mention that I just love the way the player interacts with the world in first person.

For me personally I like options.  I would rather not have them reduce my options by locking my view perspective in a game.  You can play the game either way.  Why should you care how another person experiences a game?  As a person who lives in the Southern US, I am personally tired of having others tell me how I should do things.

Back on topic, extensive underwater exploration.  The devs have already stated that there is no underwater exploration in the game and I doubt they will bother to add it.  Yet underwater content is some of the most intense moments I have had in TES games.  You cannot see very well and you're running out of breath (or your spell/potion) is running out of time.  Fun stuff.

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

A clothing system like Ultima Online. How can a game get it so perfect in the 90s and now the multi-million dollar MMOs 15-20 years later have everyone running around looking the exact same. They need to let us layer the clothes and give us dye tubs to color the different garments whatever color we want. They can keep the colors muted if they want, and they can leave the armor designs as is.

It's such a small thing, but it can make a huge difference.

• nachofootnachofoot Member UncommonPosts: 122
    A large, open world where I can explore or place a home.
  • GrixxittGrixxitt Member UncommonPosts: 545
    Originally posted by nachofoot
    A large, open world where I can explore or place a home.

Or kill the inhabitants and make it my own!!

The above is my personal opinion. Anyone displaying a view contrary to my opinion is obviously WRONG and should STHU. (neener neener)

-The MMO Forum Community

• baphametbaphamet Member RarePosts: 3,311

i have always wanted to play an mmo where there were real GM's in the game story telling and doing stuff in the world to make it more interesting and alive.

EQ was sort of like that when i first was introduced to the genre but i would love for a new game to do something like that, even if it meant a higher sub fee like $20-$30 a month.

• CthulhuPuffsCthulhuPuffs Member UncommonPosts: 368
    Originally posted by Piiritus

1 million times ^^^This^^^

I really wish they had not made this game with a forced race=faction lock, ala DAoC, all for the sake of "realm pride" in PvP.

Bringer of Eternal Darkness and Despair, but also a Nutritious way to start your Morning.

Games Played: Too Many

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by CthulhuPuffs

I really wish they had not made this game with a forced race=faction lock, ala DAoC, all for the sake of "realm pride" in PvP.

1 million times^^^NOT This^^^ as Daoc was widely regarded as one of the best PVP experiences of all time and I for one am glad they have that subject matter expertise in house.

There Is Always Hope!

• BeadmanBeadman Member UncommonPosts: 154
    Originally posted by vmoped

For me personally I like options.  I would rather not have them reduce my options by locking my view perspective in a game.  You can play the game either way.  Why should you care how another person experiences a game?  As a person who lives in the Southern US, I am personally tired of having others tell me how I should do things.

Back on topic, extensive underwater exploration.  The devs have already stated that there is no underwater exploration in the game and I doubt they will bother to add it.  Yet underwater content is some of the most intense moments I have had in TES games.  You cannot see very well and you're running out of breath (or your spell/potion) is running out of time.  Fun stuff.

Cheers!

Because...

• In PvP it will be a great disadvantage to use first person.
    • In PvE you lose the experience of "I didn't see it coming!" when your groupmate is in third person and spinning their camera around like most do.

On underwater exploration, I would like to imagine that argonians would still have their water breathing ability while others need to hunt down the right gear to get the same effect. It would be nice fluff.
  • GrummusGrummus Member UncommonPosts: 151
    Graphical mod support.

*cough*
  • MurdusMurdus Member UncommonPosts: 698

I really like this idea. I would only play on that server. I noticed the difference from third to first while playing DayZ. Playing on a server with third person enabled almost seemed like cheating. Being able to peak around corners and see without "looking." FPS always proved more challenging, and I was way more immersed in the game.

I don't know if anyone mentioned this because I rushed to respond but, my idea is friendly fire.

Enabling friendly fire would change this game 100%, and it will never happen. But it would be a huge change in tactics for group play. Well timed fireballs and axe swings. Perhaps enable a "vertical" swing so two handers can come down on a single target for bonus damage while negating their 'hit-everything' feature.

PvP would be more interesting as well.

• SleepyfishSleepyfish Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by keithian
    Originally posted by CthulhuPuffs

1 million times^^^NOT This^^^ as Daoc was widely regarded as one of the best PVP experiences of all time and I for one am glad they have that subject matter expertise in house.

An opinion only shared by the 250k at peak players DAOC ever had in its prime. That was ok for then but open world factions was obviously a more popular model and 250k players cant sustain a large IP.  A lot of people hate gated RVR its just a way to kill the soul  of game it ends up feeling more like one big game of king of the hill. They already cloned it once with GW2 that was a snorefest. 

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    World space portals and non-euclidean geometry.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin