Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else have Mod abuse and censorship issues?

Long story short. Made a legitimate bug report addressing MAJOR issues, give them simple solutions, granted the tone wasn't SUPER positive, but it was the most detailed report that I personally have seen on the topic.

This gets met with a thread lock, comment removals, an official warning, and a nasty not from a mod telling me to "try again", make it less "negative", and that it was a "Cheap shot at the DEVs". So apparently this guy wants bug reports that are filled with rainbows and sunshine or something...Sent him a PM explaining my post more in depth. 5 messages or do later, I still have not gotten one useful bit of information regarding what I have done "wrong". I have yet to be pointed to ANY specific rule. All I have gotten is semantics and have been talked down to every step of the way. 

A few quotes:

"It isn't what you say, but how you say it that counts."

"You can kindly leave the sarcasm out of your messages because it does not help your position and will only lead to further action being taken."

You get the point, each message more negative, and more threatening.

Personally I stand for free speech, free information, and no censorship. So needless to say I am pretty heated. Dude has ruined NW for me, and this is now a first amendment fight for me.

Also PW customer service, phone support, and in-game ticketing just tell me to post in Bug Reports on the Forum, and the Mod says I can't do it there. Anyone else have nightmare issues with these people?

Comments

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

There is no such thing as unlimited freedom of speech on a private forum. Use their forum and you are subject to their rules. Even in the cases where moderation is blatantly heavy-handed or completely arbitrary in nature, that is so.

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• Yyrkoon_PoMYyrkoon_PoM Member Posts: 150
    I think you always have to remember the reason you write a bug report is to get the bug fixed. Best advise you can give some one who is going to write a bug report is keep it simple stupid. Report on what the bug is and what you did to make it happen. When you add in extra commentary on things such as suggestions, ideas or negative feedback it tends to wash out the actual bug and usually ends up with what you experienced.
  • TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741

If you came into my house and said things I didn't like, you'd be censored in a harsh manner there as well.

Be nice when conversing with others. Those are real people reading what you type.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Originally posted by Burntvet

There is no such thing as unlimited freedom of speech on a private forum. Use their forum and you are subject to their rules. Even in the cases where moderation is blatantly heavy-handed or completely arbitrary in nature, that is so.

QFT.  You don't have any right to freedom of speech when utilizing someone else's publishing platform or private venue (ie: forums).  They own the forums and so they can do whatever they want with them.  Just like you can't be shouting "fire" in a crowded movie theater, engage in slander/libel, etc.  There's limits on freedom of speech.  Obviously you don't have to agree with them and can refuse to utilize their services, but they're perfectly entitled to do what they want with their property.

Steam: Neph