Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AoC had bigger zones

BelegStrongbowBelegStrongbow Member UncommonPosts: 296

I love this game,  still playing it even though I am stuck on a JP legacy server and cant switch to a NA legacy yet.  

I just want to ask the community there thoughts on this.  I am confused why there is a huge overall lack of attention at the zone sizes.  When AoC was released it was the biggest feature that was trashed on by EVERYONE in the mmo community.  And Honestly I feel the Zones in AoC have more detail with the same sizes.  Much more levers and triggers throughout AoC zones.  

I have yet to hear a single person complain about zone sizes in ff14.  What is everyones thoughts? 

Before you go on and say no way AoC had smaller zones,  Lets take a step back and be realistic,  FF14 zones are not big or anything close to it.  

Im lvl 35 monk,  and it feels the zones are getting a hell of alot smaller the higher up i go.  

Comments

• BelegStrongbowBelegStrongbow Member UncommonPosts: 296
    Wow i completely missed the other thread about this.... lol  
  • JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271

I agree the world right now doesn't feel massive, but It's very detailed, beautiful and smooth.  In exchange we have a nice night/day cycle and awesome weather system :)

I am guessing the first expansion will expand the world quite a bit.

Anyways I think it's better this way than huge lifeless mass lands empty and bland.

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    I've seen a few people, myself included, mention that the size of some of the zones are too small. Some zones are made to seem even smaller because level 10 mobs are next to higher level mobs just across the bridge.
  • TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    the zone sizes are fine. I'm sure a lot more will be added with expac's and such. Ive even read some where they theyll be adding FFXI types zones where group camps can be setup like is so popular in FFXI
  • echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681
    Originally posted by Juaks

I agree the world right now doesn't feel massive, but It's very detailed, beautiful and smooth.  In exchange we have a nice night/day cycle and awesome weather system :)

I am guessing the first expansion will expand the world quite a bit.

Anyways I think it's better this way than huge lifeless mass lands empty and bland.

This ^ Bigger doesn't always mean BETTER...

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    aoc was also instanced like crazy and not on a  console