Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Get Your Subversive Battle Droid Today!

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

From now through October 20th, new players, returning players and current players have the opportunity to earn a Subversive Battle Droid in Star Wars: The Old Republic. Anyone signing up, reactivating an account or renewing a subscription will get one of these little darlings for free. In addition, those who subscribe will also receive the Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion for free.

Beginning September 12, 2013 through October 20, 2013, you can get your own JA-3 Subversive Battle Droid Mini-Pet and a JA-3 Subversive Speeder as you embark on or continue your epic Star Wars™ adventure! Here’s what you need to do by October 20, 2013 to receive your rewards:

• New Players: Create an account and play free now!

• Previous Subscribers: Reactivate your subscription and also receive 500 Bonus Cartel Coins just for reactivating.

• Current Players: Remain or become an active Subscriber.

Find out more and check out the fine print on the Star Wars: The Old Republic site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    nah, but thanks
  • NoxiousBassNoxiousBass Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Nice!
  • Swedish_ChefSwedish_Chef Member Posts: 213
    If their game were decent in the first place, they wouldn't have to resort to bribing people with 'free' stuff. I suppose it's a nice little bonus for current subscribers though.
  • RamadonisRamadonis Member Posts: 18
    So it's...new players get new exclusive stuff...everyone else has to pay. Nah.
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022
    lol I don't even have it installed any more. 
  • Afro-ThunderAfro-Thunder Member UncommonPosts: 86
    I uninstalled this months ago. My CE box is up in the attic because I will not allow it to share space with my SW collectibles /shrug
  • DrakephireDrakephire Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Originally posted by Afro-Thunder
    I uninstalled this months ago. My CE box is up in the attic because I will not allow it to share space with my SW collectibles /shrug

lulz...you could use the disks for drink coasters.....

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

The pet looks alright I guess.  The speeder is cheesey?

I wish the rewards were more original.  Someone can only have 1 pet out and 1 vehicle (same with titles, etc)... and there are more interesting options.... so getting another pet / vehicle is nothing overly enticing.

After awhile, like in WoW, you get 150+ pets / mounts and they are all useless except the select few that you consider your favorites.

example: giving away the exclusive fleet lounge complete with jukebox if the CE was bought = awesome idea.  Giving $5 worth of fake money (cartel coins) as a thank you = lame.  Unique pets / vehicles are a bit better than straight up cashshop currency, but they are only interesting for as long as it takes to retrieve em from the mailbox and click to learn em (then forget).

Too bad all the freebie stuff is gimp (given away or even earned), and the best stuff is in cashshop gambling boxes...:/

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571
    Can we pls get a F2P model like RIFT's, instead of this Battle Droid?
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

I already said it in the previous article.

It's just utterly sad what has happened to this game With such a famous IP. /shrug

That all that is left is milking People via the Cash Shop and bribe (read litterly beg) New People to please come and try play the game and give us some Money to survive.

All those grand plans they had for this game when it launched. Frequent content updates, New planets, expacs, etc.   /sigh    Why don't they just put this game out of it's misery. It's Electronic Arts afterall.

• lordoffilinglordoffiling Member Posts: 37

I still play now and then.

Having admitted that, this game did serve an important purpose in the MMO industry, believe it or not. Companies are finally starting to realize, cloning WoW is a bad idea. Bioware came onto the scene and shouted, in the loudest most expensive voice possible, that adding the Star Wars brand and Grade A voice acting and cutscenes to a WoW clone does *not stop it being a WoW clone*.

And so finally, we're getting games like Neverwinter, with visceral, engaging combat. The sandbox is re-emerging. Games like Wildstar are trying new stuff. The message, at last, was received: Rehashing old gameplay over and over is done. The industry wants new ideas, and we're getting them.

• VaultFairyVaultFairy Member UncommonPosts: 566
    Originally posted by Drakephire

Frisbee?

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257
    Originally posted by JeroKane

It's just utterly sad what has happened to this game With such a famous IP. /shrug

That all that is left is milking People via the Cash Shop and bribe (read litterly beg) New People to please come and try play the game and give us some Money to survive.

All those grand plans they had for this game when it launched. Frequent content updates, New planets, expacs, etc.   /sigh    Why don't they just put this game out of it's misery. It's Electronic Arts afterall.

I can only give one reason to play and that is to experience the story modes on each of the classes. The Raids are fun for couple tries but then it becomes ridiculously easy, for me and others they'd have to include 8 new planets and new story mode and class missions with new improved dungeons. It'll not happen, but one can only hope... hey they could make an expansion called... Swtor: A new hope. Har har!

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

Hey, I was promised SEXUAL THEMES in the intro?! Where were they? SCAM! XD

Nah, it was a fun ad. I'd play a game that looks like that! ^^

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• BadOrbBadOrb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Aroukos

I hope not , I don't want the 2nd to final tier of gear in swtor's cash shop thanks talk about really bad F2P model's then rift's is one of them.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

PSO 4 years , EQOA 4 months , PSU 7 years , SWTOR launch ongoing , PSO2 SEA launch ongoing , Destiny 360 launch ongoing.
    "SWG was not fun. Let it go buddy." quote from iiNoSkillzii 10/18/13
    The original propoganda pixie dust villain :[]

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

You make it sound like 60-70% of all star wars games were not shite in one way or another.. In fact a good star wars game is a rare gem in it´s own right.

But i sort of have to agree... Beyond the story-mode this game holds very little interest to me. But the stories are fairly good, campy but entertaining.

This have been a good conversation

• ElethonElethon Member UncommonPosts: 138

Totally agree. The irony is that they would probably make more money if they didn't have such a restrictive F2P system. The nickel and dimed model of SWTOR is what keeps me from spending a nickel or dime on SWTOR

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by lordoffiling
    And so finally, we're getting games like Neverwinter, with visceral, engaging combat. The sandbox is re-emerging.

. .

_
    ______

What?
    There aren't many games that are worse that swtor, but NW would have to be one of them.

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• farorefarore Member UncommonPosts: 89
    Originally posted by tawess

You make it sound like 60-70% of all star wars games were not shite in one way or another.. In fact a good star wars game is a rare gem in it´s own right.

But i sort of have to agree... Beyond the story-mode this game holds very little interest to me. But the stories are fairly good, campy but entertaining.

Umm up until a few years after EP I came out you couldnt go wrong buying a SW game. They have some of the best games you can play. Xwing/tie fighter, Kotor, Rogue squadron, Jedi power battles, Shadows of the empire, Pod racer, hell even lego star wars was decent.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

What is this?

Even animated trailers are too expensive now?

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    Originally posted by Muke

What is this?

Even animated trailers are too expensive now?

They were going to use in game content, but the guys in the trailer department all uninstalled the game so they just went outside and made a home movie.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• Afro-ThunderAfro-Thunder Member UncommonPosts: 86

If they changed their model to match Rift's, I would probably come back in an instant.

Originally posted by VaultFairy

Originally posted by Drakephire

Frisbee?

To match the longevity of the game, it would be the shortest flight of a frisbee ever recorded.

• KyngBillsKyngBills Member UncommonPosts: 452
    Getting REAL tired of seeing games I play, and SWTOR is by no means alone in this...*cough* LOTRO *cough*...giving away, or deeply discounting, something I paid full-pop for and basically giving me nothing in return...It's the most loyal subscribers, or VIP's that get boned worst...I just don't get that...Give us some serious cash-shop-points love or something...This is getting ridiculous...image
  • DrakephireDrakephire Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Originally posted by KyngBills
    Getting REAL tired of seeing games I play, and SWTOR is by no means alone in this...*cough* LOTRO *cough*...giving away, or deeply discounting, something I paid full-pop for and basically giving me nothing in return...It's the most loyal subscribers, or VIP's that get boned worst...I just don't get that...Give us some serious cash-shop-points love or something...This is getting ridiculous...image

You have the privilege of playing their game. As a customer, who are you to demand anything of the mighty Star Wars IP?

/snark

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458
    Oh that video just plain made me feel embarrased for them. Kids runing around "the hood" playing at being Star Wars characters...