Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Rift: Beyond Infinity - Something For Everyone

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Rift's 2.4 patch, Beyond Infinity, will launch soon with enough content to make even the biggest curmudgeon sit up and take notice. We have a great preview to share to spotlight all the great things coming to Rift. Read on before telling us what caught your eye in the comments.

Starting September 18th, you will be able to step into Trion Rift's Patch 2.4: Beyond Infinity. The development team at Trion is very excited about launching a whole new dungeon in the realm of the Fae, a Chronicle featuring Laethys, and TWO new 20 man Raids. If that isn't enough, then you can also look forward to new Player vs Player (PVP) gear and weapons for rank 90. Additionally, Patch 2.4 will offer Cross-Shard instant adventures, new Barbershop hair options and brand new event items! The Autumn Harvest event that will offer a Halloweeen theme where you can select costumes, such as a horse, unicorn, and duck head masks. Furthermore, we were able to see a preview of a handful of boss ecounters from some of the new content.

Read more of Mike Haro's Rift: Beyond Infinity - Something For Everyone.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669

Been playing Rift on and off since launch. It's been my go-to game for a while now. Just came back a few weeks ago. Working my way through the SL content and taking my time to enjoy the journey. Working on my outfitting, fishing, exploring the new zones (I absolutely love Seratos), messing around with some friends in dimensions, and just hit 56 (Mage; Harb/Chloro/Ele build) yesterday. Plenty of people around on my server (Greybriar) as well, which is always a plus. 

Definitely looking forward to 2.4, especially the Realm of Twisted Dreams (atrophinius is my homeskillet, yo).

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Great game, been playing it a month or two for the past two years it's been out each year. Look forward to these changes when I give it a go again next year.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,488
    When this goes live, the end-game will have 4 20-man and 2 10-mans. I wish Trion would change that around. It's a lot easier to get 10 people together for impromptu raids than 20. Currently, there is only ONE tier 1 10-man so it's a real bottleneck to progression.
  • CalmmoCalmmo Member Posts: 52
    He's been used to death and as a boss he has the dullest of core mechanics. His appearance in PF was probably the worse fight this game has had in a raiding environment yet. Who knows, maybe this new expert version of him will manage to be even worse.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i uninstalled the game yesterday. Its been about a month since i stopped playing due to getting bored so quick after loggin in. COuldnt stay on for more than 10 minutes. WAsnt enjoying the content at all, and the visuals didnt help (i always found Rift to be the ugliest looking modern mmo since launch). I will most likely try it again after this content patch lands. Hopefully the game becomes interesting again. I was kind of happy when it went F2P and enjoyed it for a few weeks until the boredom slapped me in the face.

• KiwiHypeKiwiHype Member UncommonPosts: 233
    LOVE Rift, so looking forward to 2.4 and 2.5! Yes you did my fav pixel backyard justice Kel. Thanks!.... and for all of you who play Rift I will be running around with Kelethar on his Rift char at 3pm Friday, he will be streaming and we will be giving away a Toxic Hellbug Mount! - Cheers! Kiwimidget@Greybriar

• quon2k9quon2k9 Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Originally posted by rojo6934
    i uninstalled the game yesterday. Its been about a month since i stopped playing due to getting bored so quick after loggin in. COuldnt stay on for more than 10 minutes. WAsnt enjoying the content at all, and the visuals didnt help (i always found Rift to be the ugliest looking modern mmo since launch). I will most likely try it again after this content patch lands. Hopefully the game becomes interesting again. I was kind of happy when it went F2P and enjoyed it for a few weeks until the boredom slapped me in the face.

So you're going to reinstall the hideous boring game you despise & couldn't play for more than 10 minutes at a time which you just uninstalled so that you can try the new patch? Mmkay.

• quon2k9quon2k9 Member UncommonPosts: 23
    Originally posted by rojo6934

So you're going to reinstall the hideous boring game you despise & couldn't play for more than 10 minutes at a time which you just uninstalled so that you can try the new patch? Mmkay.

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794
    Originally posted by Samhael
    When this goes live, the end-game will have 4 20-man and 2 10-mans. I wish Trion would change that around. It's a lot easier to get 10 people together for impromptu raids than 20. Currently, there is only ONE tier 1 10-man so it's a real bottleneck to progression.

iz why I like gams that consider raids 8-10 mans....the 20+ raids kinda getting old

• RolleZRolleZ Member UncommonPosts: 42
    I hope Trion doing the famed optimisation patch this time.
  • AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571
    I like RIFT. I like almost every aspect of its content and 2.4 looks good too. But i would like more a client improvement. Every single friend of mine has the same prio, client improvement. They have promised it before 2.3 but nothing happened. Its time to fulfill their promise at last...
  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    No one churns out content like Trion does for Rift. I am amazed really. I am already struggling to finish the new expansion and now more content. I better hurry up.
  • AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812

Contributed to beta and it bored the shit out of me, just the same old same but with random rifts which seem great at first but were flawed imo when areas went quite and could effect your game play. I have no intensions of ever buying or playing this game as it's dead Jim!!!

Asbo

• darkedone02darkedone02 Member UncommonPosts: 581
    I stop playing rift after having a difficult time leveling in storm legion content and how I end up dying more and more on regular npcs... I dislike how this game is difficult and i dislike the troll community in the game that just respond "hodor!" when I require help.

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257
    I like what Trion has done, they really did pull it off. I'll be sure to take a look, my highest is 59 now.
  • mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    No one churns out content like Trion does for Rift. I am amazed really. I am already struggling to finish the new expansion and now more content. I better hurry up.

Uh, Arenanet for GW2, churns out about 10x the content. I agree, though. RIFT started the trend.

• AkumawraithAkumawraith Member UncommonPosts: 370

Zaylin writes:

Originally posted by Samhael

"iz why I like gams that consider raids 8-10 mans....the 20+ raids kinda getting old"

I see the whiners about the large group size raids are still at work. 40 man raids are too big.. takes to much time to get a groups together... yet groups still ran the 40 mans every day many times a day, and lets not forget the Alterac Valley Battleground was the most run 40 man content ever run in any game. and yet it was 40 man size.

Now you are saying that 20 man raids are too big? give me a friggin break.. they arent dungeons they are raids. Large group content... even 10 man is low balling a raid content. and if you fools havent noticed with the lowering of the raid group sizes the raid content has also been downgraded.

The raids are no where near as complex nor complicated as they were in early versions of games like WOW. with the demand of idiots screaming" be fair" there has been a bad turn up of stupid devs that listen.

Want to know why the wow clones all failed? its because no one bothered to create the content for the game and instead listened to the players... sad part is, when it comes to players all they know is what their personal thoughts are, and usually those are not for the betterment of the game for a community.

Played: UO, LotR, WoW, SWG, DDO, AoC, EVE, Warhammer, TF2, EQ2, SWTOR, TSW, CSS, KF, L4D, AoW, WoT

Playing: The Secret World until Citadel of Sorcery goes into Alpha testing.

Tired of: Linear quest games, dailies, and dumbed down games

Anticipating:Citadel of Sorcery

• teeza20teeza20 Member Posts: 1
    i love this game i started to play rift 2 months ago love it im so hooked i find this better then wow and all the other mmorpg games :)
  • JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173
    Love Rift. /wave @ Kiwi
  • popezaphodpopezaphod Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Rift is the best "classic" MMO out there, period.  The only reason I don't play anymore is because of incredibly stupid guild drama that left me having to try and find yet ANOTHER guild when mine exploded.  I'm playing TERA now, which is a little more forgiving in terms of pugging it.