Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Live action trailer

SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401

Surprised someone didn't beat me to it.

But it actually isn't to bad.  Much better then the FF half a second live action trailer! 

Would watch again!

and forgot the link...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=QWYM2vMMgbw

Comments

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

some fairly nice costumes in there, just wished it was perhaps a bit longer.

This have been a good conversation

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

I saw it earlier when it was announced .. I thought it was mostly forgettable, so I didn't think anyone would even bother to mention it.  Did it even have a plot, or was it meaningless eye-candy?

It doesn't really flow with anything story-wise in-game (and nothing near as interesting as Deceived, Hope, or Return).. as for unrelated commercial type promo's I guess it's alright .. I fast forward through commercials though, where possible.  As for a PVP promo, it's ironic they show a huge war, when having even 1% of "players / actors" shown would turn SWTOR into a slide show again (or freeze up the game).

My initial reaction was that it was crumbling the 4th wall beyond the damage EA has already done to the TOR era.  Meh.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• SwaneaSwanea Member UncommonPosts: 2,401
    Originally posted by Karteli

I saw it earlier when it was announced .. I thought it was mostly forgettable, so I didn't think anyone would even bother to mention it.  Did it even have a plot, or was it meaningless eye-candy?

It doesn't really flow with anything story-wise in-game (and nothing near as interesting as Deceived, Hope, or Return).. as for unrelated commercial type promo's I guess it's alright .. I fast forward through commercials though, where possible.  As for a PVP promo, it's ironic they show a huge war, when having even 1% of "players / actors" shown would turn SWTOR into a slide show again (or freeze up the game).

My initial reaction was that it was crumbling the 4th wall beyond the damage EA has already done to the TOR era.  Meh.

Ya know, I've said this many times in the past.  We understand you hate the game, hiding behind a maske of "you know and want it to be so much better"..

Good lord.

It's a live action trailer that very few games ever do.  I liked it a lot more then the GW2 live action trailer.  You give it a TINY bit of credit for an unrelated promo (since it's just a promo), and then blast the game for things unrelated to the trailer.

Since I also know the game, I'm going to venture that 85% of the people their are "npcs" next to the actual players to prevent the horrendous slide show that happens when about 3 people are on the screen in PvP.  It's fine in the fleet, but put them on a planet and the engine just goes...."No....Not gonna do that..."

• Originally posted by Karteli

i dont think it was suppose to be a live action trailer showing people in the TOR universe or have a plot.  just another choose a side video. when watching it, i more so thought it was suppose to be the players becoming the characters they play based on the clothes many of them wore and what the world looked like.  and even more so once the voice over started. and im guessing that is what you meant by your breaking the fourth wall comment.