Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Firefall: PvP 'Shut Off' for the Time Being

Comments

• ichihaifuichihaifu Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Originally posted by marz.at.play
    This is a huge step back imo. Stop listening to the players and release the game you wanted to release. Players don't know what they want, that's why they keep switching games.

No, it doesnt take playerbase to decide on something like redoing an aspect of the game that is not being used.

• immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610

I always thought the game was marketed for the FPS PvP'ers. They play more zoned type PvP.(Planetside 2, Day Z)

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Seriously - this shit should have been figured out in alpha.  It was obvious that the PvP battlegrounds in this game sucked.  The main reason was because you are locked into your default abilities for each frame.  Maybe they were afraid that allowing any abilities that your frame could use would make PvP more unbalanced, but it was already unbalanced from default abilities alone.

This game screams two faction world pvp map control.  I mean its there in broad daylight, everytime you retake a control point from the Chosen.

What Red 5 should have done is figured this out in Alpha and create a world zone where world PvP is greenlit.  Just make it fun.  No more given us these half-baked ideas like the battlegrounds pvp.  And i'm not saying all pvp (instance) battlegrounds don't work in mmos - i'm simply saying they don't work well in this game when you can have world pvp so easily set up.

• cnutempcnutemp Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Woah talk about vocal minority, the correlation between the people that played pvp (less than 3%) and the percentage of angry posts in this thread are amusing.
  • avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Pve and Pvp do not mix well. I would prefer they just put their efforts into a first class PvE game and forget the Pvp. This game has great potential...don't muck it up with PvP.
  • MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

I tried pve in this game and dude its 4 diffrent mobs spawning in endless loop.
    You run around in circles shooting the same boring mobs over and over and over again.
    I had enough of this game in 2 days.

The selling point of this game was PvP/PvE but it just dint delivered on any side.
    Hope they can turn it around and make it great pve game, but it doesnt look good.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by Agoden

Wait.. The PvP wasn't popular, so they just took it out entirely?

... That seems very odd

Firefall is like my primary reason for not pre-ordering and supporting in development games anymore.

Way to mess up, again.

Funny thing is I didn't even know Firefall has or had PVP....and yes I am playing, not as my main MMO, because it offers something I can't really call a MMO or MMORPG. It's more like an Craft/Combat Online Game. I enjoy the game and not sure why it should have PVP.

And the reason I wanted to reply to Agoden is that I honostly not understand how a person could call Firefall which is a free to play thus free to download game to be the reason for not pre-ordering.

I could understand it if it was a P2P game, but a free game makes it a reason to you, I am kind of confused.

Anyway regardless, as said didn't even knew about pvp in this game so not going to miss. Still get my pvp kicks from other genre of games that in my opinion offer a much better and faster pvp experiance then MMORPG offer for me personaly of course.

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107
    Originally posted by Reklaw
    Originally posted by Agoden

Wait.. The PvP wasn't popular, so they just took it out entirely?

... That seems very odd

Firefall is like my primary reason for not pre-ordering and supporting in development games anymore.

Way to mess up, again.

Funny thing is I didn't even know Firefall has or had PVP....and yes I am playing, not as my main MMO, because it offers something I can't really call a MMO or MMORPG. It's more like an Craft/Combat Online Game. I enjoy the game and not sure why it should have PVP.

And the reason I wanted to reply to Agoden is that I honostly not understand how a person could call Firefall which is a free to play thus free to download game to be the reason for not pre-ordering.

I could understand it if it was a P2P game, but a free game makes it a reason to you, I am kind of confused.

Anyway regardless, as said didn't even knew about pvp in this game so not going to miss. Still get my pvp kicks from other genre of games that in my opinion offer a much better and faster pvp experiance then MMORPG offer for me personaly of course.

Apologies for not being clear, but the magic was in "and supporting in development games anymore" ;)

• MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405

I love the pvp. Sabotage is amazing..

There are two main problems with pvp right now imho.

1. Pvp is incredibly unbalance. Assualt and Biotech frames basically murder everyone else, and the Recon frames and almost completely unusable which is really sad.

2. Because of #1, you always see the same like 10-20 people playing pvp, and nobody else. This means you basically just lose over and over unless you play the best frames or with a group of friends.

Taking pvp out of the game is a bad idea. Just do like gw2 and balance them separately.

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    To all the folks commenting on great pve coming soon recently on the forums they shared they are unable to make the open world anywhere near as massive as planned. If you point out their previous stratements on what would be in game or advertising u get a 21 day temp ban. I called this along time ago but this is just another title that's adead man walking.

Steam: Neph

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by Nephaerius
    To all the folks commenting on great pve coming soon recently on the forums they shared they are unable to make the open world anywhere near as massive as planned. If you point out their previous stratements on what would be in game or advertising u get a 21 day temp ban. I called this along time ago but this is just another title that's adead man walking.

Yup. I called it when I saw them wasting exorbitant amounts of cash on advertising. Red 5 is a joke. They've had years to make this game and have failed miserably.

Smile

• describabledescribable Member UncommonPosts: 407

Money is on FF14 following suit in 4 months time...

just saying.

"nothing actually matters, we're just slightly evolved monkeys clinging to a dying piece of rock hurtling through space waiting for our eventual death." - Frankie Boyle, Mock The Week

• blbetablbeta Member UncommonPosts: 144

I got into Firefall about 2 months ago.  Love the PvE game.  Not sure how long it will last, but it is still a lot of fun.  I do enjoy playing all the different frames though.  The thought of other parts of the world opening up sounds great.

I don't care about the PvP at all.  Loved BGs in WoW and I enjoy Planetside 2 a lot too, but have no need for it in Firefall.

If they do add PvP back I hope has something to do with the world and not arenas.  I picture something akin to early Alterac Valley in WoW.  Capturing towers and bases and your faction's npcs gaurd it and such.  Of course also still fighting against NPC factions.

Although I am fine with how PvE is now.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by describable

Money is on FF14 following suit in 4 months time...

just saying.

Following suit in what exactly, the pvp they don't have?

• bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    how do you guys STILL have any money left? never seen a company with such a lack of focus

• BuddyDudeBuddyDude Member UncommonPosts: 52

The crap part is they nerfed so much of the game for pvp. now that pvp is gone i hope they un-nerf the weapons and skills and guns.

Nerfing PvE for PvP is always 100% fail. Those two should be separate sets of skills /guns so one never affects the other. 

• IrsigIrsig Member UncommonPosts: 2

Funny, i didn't played pvp all this time cause i was just waiting for the oppvp, now i can't duel, ok then time to find another game

• SchnizitSchnizit Member Posts: 25

The PVE is good. The leveling used to be better when there was a tech tree. Unfortunate that the devs are too proud to put the tree back and change direction. 

The pvp was ok, but not amazing. Good that they are reevaluating it. Hopefully they do the same and put the tech-tree back.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

IMO pvp will never attract enough players,unless it is the ONLY facet worth playing in the game,which would detract from the role playing aspect of this genre.

FFXI has solid pvp,most probably don't know it,players don't care about it.

You would think players care most about role playing aspects but truth is they ONLY care about having the best gear and sadly that is the truth.That is what churns that one certain game,players keep coming back to grind better pvp gear.

Point is to think they  can create interest through an overhaul,might be possible but will not make for a better game.The fun of the game and your player is what matters,not focusing solely on pvp.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• ray12kray12k Member UncommonPosts: 487
    lol the game sucks suprised people still play.
  • indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    This game has had one problem after the other... Red 5 has to be made up out of the least competent developers in the industry. They were in beta for literally years, and are still having major problems and don't seem to know what they want their game to even be.

you clearly have never played Darkfall or Mortal online lol.

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

I thought the game had some interesting concepts, but they got a little too grindy for my taste when they added item decay plus the horrible grind to re-create said items.

Of course, the reason why I even looked at this game at all was the potential for world PvP; Clans fighting over resources and such, perhaps even area control. They seemed to abandon that very early to focus on instanced PvP arena's, which is just not my thing.

• Swedish_ChefSwedish_Chef Member Posts: 213

This dev team has wasted ridiculous amounts of time & money trying to get this thing off the ground. They have absolutely no focus whatsoever.

BTW I can't find anything about them not being able to make the world as big as originally planned, and I'm having no luck with google.

• ichihaifuichihaifu Member UncommonPosts: 280
    Originally posted by Razeekster
    They were in beta for literally years, and are still having major problems and don't seem to know what they want their game to even be.

You got this one wrong, the game is STILL in beta, and rightfully so. Open beta != Release, please learn this already people.

However I do agree on the fact that red5 doesnt really have any clear view of what they want to do with their game.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938
    Kudos to them for having the balls to admit that there's a problem and to take such drastic action to fix it.