Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To all the haters..

DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337

..why so much hate?

We get it, you don't like cartoony graphics, you don't like parkour..

The game is going to be free to play, and no one is even forcing you to play it.. So why are you still here on the forums bitching about it?

Do you really have nothing better to do? or even another forum to visit?

I am by no means a fanboy,.. but I am very happy that someone is FINALLY trying something new. 

"lots people have done new stuff!!! so ur stupid"

...Oh really? lotsa new stuff? WOW bigger instances in Rift!!! oooohhh GW2 did away with the "trinity"!. ESO is in 1st person...

...puleeezzeeeee thats like saying a FPS is different because they decided to go with laser guns instead of guns that shoot bullets.

"But Dewm, they've promised us so much for so many years!!!!!! and now look at this crap!, they will fail!"

...dude just chillax, they said we would get EQ:L before the end of winter/end of the year.. that means they have a large portion of the game in place. Heck even indie games off of kickstarter take more then 6 months to get moving.. So they have alot done..

And we've seen alot, we seen they have models, physics, a working destructible world.. thats HUGE!

We KNOW they've been working on it for around 2.5 years, and they are comfortable enough with what the have to say "We are doing this for sure"

They have said that FOR SURE they will have destructible worlds.... dude, 1 year ago we would have been like "WTF IN A MMO?!!?!?!? NO F"N WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Long story short, if you are going to post "I don't like cartoons, I'm a 55 year old man!!!" or "I don't like parkour! i'm fat and it offends me"!!! don't bother.. no one cares... But it does sure clog up this forum when ever 4th post I have to skip it because it starts like this "EQN is going to fail because Pixar"

TL:DR  -  stop complaining, its a free game that will be playable inside 6 months. You have nothing to lose.

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/user/BettyofDewm/videos

Comments

• adderVXIadderVXI Member UncommonPosts: 727
    lol, dude!

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master.

George Washington

• OzivoisOzivois Member UncommonPosts: 598

Who is clogging up the forums? *holds up mirror*

I think you got it wrong; these folks are not haters but quite the opposite -- they are EQ lovers.

EQ lovers don't want to see EQ Next released in its current planned state... this is exactly what Star Wars fans would have been doing if they knew about Jar Jar Binks before the movie was produced.

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    Your rant is about six weeks late.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Originally posted by Ozivois

I think you got it wrong; these folks are not haters but quite the opposite -- they are EQ lovers.

EQ lovers don't want to see EQ Next released in its current planned state... this is exactly what Star Wars fans would have been doing if they knew about Jar Jar Binks before the movie was produced.

• TygranirTygranir Member Posts: 741

But... EQ lovers still have EQ. With a brand new expansion in Pre-Order status.

SOE already said they aren't trying to pull players from their other games. This is a new game.

True EQ fans are still playing EQ (Myself included)

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• DewmDewm Member UncommonPosts: 1,337

..If they love EQ then go play EQ. This is EQ:N its a completely different game. And SoE is going after a completely different user base.

All the EQ games have been different, thats like getting on a FFXI forum and complaining that its not like FF7..

And does anyone in their right mind think that saying crap about the graphics at this point on this forum is going to do jack?

haha get over yourself.

Please check out my channel. I do gaming reviews, gaming related reviews & lets plays. Thanks!

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Dewm

All the EQ games have been different, thats like getting on a FFXI forum and complaining that its not like FF7..

agree

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

How long does a positive thread last on the first page here ? How many posts does it get ?

We only have 4 topics here really

Anything sandbox is good, anything themepark is bad.

FFA OWPVP and why everyone has to like it.

F2P = bad P2P = good

and BCbully ranting about how great AoW is.

All threads will at some point degrade into one of these three things or just die and fall off the front page.

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257

..If they love EQ then go play EQ. This is EQ:N its a completely different game. And SoE is going after a completely different user base.

And does anyone in their right mind think that saying crap about the graphics at this point on this forum is going to do jack?

haha get over yourself.

Sorry but I have seen it too many times over the years - devs promise you everything you want to hear plus you add some. But they don't deliver because enough people buy their product no matter what. And stop calling people haters just because they don't wear rose coloured fanboi glasses.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by DamonVile
    How long does a positive thread last on the first page here ? How many posts does it get ?We only have 4 topics here reallyAnything sandbox is good, anything themepark is bad.FFA OWPVP and why everyone has to like it.F2P = bad P2P = goodand BCbully ranting about how great AoW is.All threads will at some point degrade into one of these three things or just die and fall off the front page.

yep. And last year it was:

Anything sandbox is too niche to succeed, themepark needs new combat

FFA OWPVP and why nobody understands how great it is

B2P = good, everything else = bad

and BCbully ranting about how great TSW is

never ends haha

Originally posted by Piiritus

haha get over yourself.

Sorry but I have seen it too many times over the years - devs promise you everything you want to hear plus you add some. But they don't deliver because enough people buy their product no matter what. And stop calling people haters just because they don't wear rose coloured fanboi glasses.

Haha I am anything but a fanboi, in fact I have never played a EQ game in my life.. not even once, yes I've seen videos about EQ 1 & 2.. but never played them

(Now your going to flame me for not knowing what I'm talking about)

Its all good, hate if I have played hate if I haven't.

Point is.. we (as in the MMO community) have been asking for something different since around 2006.. and we are finally getting it. And yet all I year is complaints. 

And if you really have "see it to many times over the years blah blah blah" then you'll also know that posting about it in a forum does nothing

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

haha get over yourself.

Here's the thing they haven't not delivered yet.Yes you may not like the character art style shown so far or the movement system but that's only a very small fraction of what I need to see to even start judging this game personally.

Am I saying they definitely will deliver on their promises?Hell No until I see actual proof I won't get hyped up similarly though without proof I won't condemn.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

haha get over yourself.

Yeah, you are starting to show your true colors..... you and the haters deserve each other, cut from the same mold really.

These are discussion forums, and people have a right to take an opposing viewpoint.  Here's a clue for you, many will likely play it anyway, even while slamming it for the next year and a half or so.

Which is realistically when its really likely to release. 6 months....right.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Foomerang

Originally posted by DamonVile
    How long does a positive thread last on the first page here ? How many posts does it get ?

We only have 4 topics here really

Anything sandbox is good, anything themepark is bad.

FFA OWPVP and why everyone has to like it.

F2P = bad P2P = good

and BCbully ranting about how great AoW is.

All threads will at some point degrade into one of these three things or just die and fall off the front page.

never ends haha

True I suppose.

That is one thing I've always found funny about video games. 

You talk to people in games about politics and its all "can't we get along, we just want to play our games.. leave us alone etc.."

And as soon as you start talking about the game itself.. its life or death.

cracks me up.

Originally posted by Kyleran

haha get over yourself.

Yeah, you are starting to show your true colors..... you and the haters deserve each other, cut from the same mold really.

These are discussion forums, and people have a right to take an opposing viewpoint.  Here's a clue for you, many will likely play it anyway, even while slamming it for the next year and a half or so.

Which is realistically when its really likely to release. 6 months....right.

? your post doesn't even make sense. How am I cut from the same mold?

And you really think that SoE won't deliver Landmark until fall 2014 or spring 2015? (which would be a year - year and a half)

lol get real dude.

• Swedish_ChefSwedish_Chef Member Posts: 213

People hate it for the same reason Diablo 3 got / gets so much hate: People don't like change. Despite clamoring for something new & exciting, when a company finally decides to answer them and produces something with many features which haven't been seen before (either in similar games or in the series), they immediately start picking it apart and hating on things because they're different from the norm.

Funny thing is, if SOE had decided to 'play it safe' and create something much closer to the original EQ titles, I can guarantee we'd be seeing thread after thread about how SOE lacks creativity & isn't trying anything new.

The above, when combined with the heavy anti-corporate sentiment (some is deserved, most isn't) being spread around these days, creates an atmosphere where pretty much any product produced by a large company is going to have a lot of hate being spewed about it.

Best thing to do is just take everything with a few grains of salt, and judge the product for yourself when its released. In the case of EQN, being F2P means at most it'll cost you some bandwidth & an afternoon of your time.

Originally posted by Swedish_Chef

People hate it for the same reason Diablo 3 got / gets so much hate: People don't like change. Despite clamoring for something new & exciting, when a company finally decides to answer them and produces something with many features which haven't been seen before (either in similar games or in the series), they immediately start picking it apart and hating on things because they're different from the norm.

Funny thing is, if SOE had decided to 'play it safe' and create something much closer to the original EQ titles, I can guarantee we'd be seeing thread after thread about how SOE lacks creativity & isn't trying anything new.

The above, when combined with the heavy anti-corporate sentiment (some is deserved, most isn't) being spread around these days, creates an atmosphere where pretty much any product produced by a large company is going to have a lot of hate being spewed about it.

Best thing to do is just take everything with a few grains of salt, and judge the product for yourself when its released. In the case of EQN, being F2P means at most it'll cost you some bandwidth & an afternoon of your time.

Need a +1 button.

• SuraknarSuraknar Member UncommonPosts: 852

haha get over yourself.

Haha I am anything but a fanboi, in fact I have never played a EQ game in my life.. not even once, yes I've seen videos about EQ 1 & 2.. but never played them

(Now your going to flame me for not knowing what I'm talking about)

Its all good, hate if I have played hate if I haven't.

Point is.. we (as in the MMO community) have been asking for something different since around 2006.. and we are finally getting it. And yet all I year is complaints. 

And if you really have "see it to many times over the years blah blah blah" then you'll also know that posting about it in a forum does nothing

Yes and something different you will get, a different take on the Themepark design.

EQ:N is not a Sandbox no matter how many times they are throwing that word out... that is what irks me personally. I would not have minded if they came out and said,

"We are making the real next Generation Themepark, and here are its 4 grails and here are our plans, and here is the companion Game EQ:L with Sandbox element such as Freeform Housing Building"

But no, they are hammering the Sandbox term over and over...for marketing purposes.

It is not a Sandbox if the central focus is the AI.

It is not a Sanbox if the Story Line guides the Player.

It is not a Sandbox if the players need not bother with what other players are doing in the world.

Call a spade a spade, and I will give it a try for as long as it lasts (usually 1 week to 6 months for a Themepark).

As for the EQ Lovers, I agree with comment here, they can continue playing EQ. I have no problems with Graphics or Parkour etc..for EQ:N...I actually like the graphical artistic style very much.

Ever since I saw the first videos, my immagination got inspired, by the graphics, the terrain, the colors used etc. It is really good, it is bright it is clear, it will be Epic :)

- Duke Suraknar -
    Order of the Silver Star, OSS

ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997 - Order of the Silver Serpent, Atlantic Shard
    Originally posted by Suraknar

Yes and something different you will get, a different take on the Themepark design.

EQ:N is not a Sandbox no matter how many times they are throwing that word out... that is what irks me personally. I would not have minded if they came out and said,

"We are making the real next Generation Themepark, and here are its 4 grails and here are our plans, and here is the companion Game EQ:L with Sandbox element such as Freeform Housing Building"

But no, they are hammering the Sandbox term over and over...

It is not a Sandbox if the players need not bother with what other players are doing in the world.

Call a spade a spade, and I will give it a try for as long as it lasts (usually 1 week to 6 months for a Themepark).

As for the EQ Lovers, I agree with comment here, they can continue playing EQ. I have no problems with Graphics or Parkour etc..

Nothing in your It is not a Sandbox list makes a game a Sandbox or Themepark.You can have all those things you listed in a sandbox or a thempark even storyline.

Originally posted by Drakynn

As for the EQ Lovers, I agree with comment here, they can continue playing EQ. I have no problems with Graphics or Parkour etc..

Nothing in your It is not a Sandbox list makes a game a Sandbox or Themepark.You can have all those things you listed in a sandbox or a thempark even storyline.

Read more carefully please and think before you post a retort to someone else's points.

Having a story line is not the same as having a storyline that guides the actions of the player. ;)

- Duke Suraknar -

ESKA, Playing MMORPG's since Ultima Online 1997 - Order of the Silver Serpent, Atlantic Shard
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Foomerang

never ends haha

True I suppose.

That is one thing I've always found funny about video games. 

You talk to people in games about politics and its all "can't we get along, we just want to play our games.. leave us alone etc.."

And as soon as you start talking about the game itself.. its life or death.

cracks me up.

I've found when you talk to people in a game they are happy to talk about the positives and want to be involved. You talk about a game on a forum and it's all just bitching.

It's why devs really need to stop listening to forums. They don't represent what people want. They just represent the know-it-all gamer that given the chance would just make the equivalent of homers ultimate car.

Read more carefully please and think before you post a retort to someone else's points.

Having a story line is not the same as having a storyline that guides the actions of the player. ;)

Incorrect a sandbox can have a Storyline that guides a player a long a path just in a sandbox the player is free to ignore it without penalty or come back to it later if they choose.

Incorrect a sandbox can have a Storyline that guides a player a long a path just in a sandbox the player is free to ignore it without penalty or come back to it later if they choose.

Misleading, you are just describing Open Ended Play.

A Sandbox MMORPG experiece is about Player Inteaction first and foremost. If the action is based upon the AI, then it is Player vs Environment Interaction, bellongs to the Themepark Realm.

Furthermore, since the Sandbox Experience is based on Player Interaction this implies that the actions and decisions of a player have an impact towards another player, and affect their actions and decisions in turn.

In a Themepark it is a very solo experience, once that you can share with others with many of its elemenst but it is an option. I can play WoW from lvl 1 to 85 and never have to talk to a single player, never have to even Care what othe rplayers are doing in the game.

Because the themepark is there to offer the same experience to ll independently of their actions. It is just massive because many other players happen to be playing the same game as I in the same Server. But beyond that ... nothing.

In a Sandbox experience, I may want to find a little island upon which I want to build a Tavern, but low and behold other players maybe interested to hat spot as well. And they may prevent me from doing so. I have to interact with these players I have to deal with them, find an arrangement a compromise or if all fails, just fight them and the strongest prevails.

Very different view, it is focussed around player interaction, none of what I describe in this specific example involves any AI...

It is just us, the players in the Virtual environment using its Tools accoding to own goals.

That is the Sandbox experience.

And the story line is there to enrich the setting, provide us with a template to be able to define the role of our characters, and give our goals some relevant context.

- Duke Suraknar -

A Sandbox MMORPG experiece is about Player Inteaction first and foremost. If the action is based upon the AI, then it is Player vs Environment Interaction, bellongs to the Themepark Realm.

Furthermore, since the Sandbox Experience is based on Player Interaction this implies that the actions and decisions of a player have an impact towards another player, and affect their actions and decisions in turn.

In a Themepark it is a very solo experience, once that you can share with others with many of its elemenst but it is an option. I can play WoW from lvl 1 to 85 and never have to talk to a single player, never have to even Care what othe rplayers are doing in the game.

Because the themepark is there to offer the same experience to ll independently of their actions. It is just massive because many other players happen to be playing the same game as I in the same Server. But beyond that ... nothing.

In a Sandbox experience, I may want to find a little island upon which I want to build a Tavern, but low and behold other players maybe interested to hat spot as well. And they may prevent me from doing so. I have to interact with these players I have to deal with them, find an arrangement a compromise or if all fails, just fight them and the strongest prevails.

Very different view, it is focussed aroudn player interaction, none of what I describe in this specific example involves any AI...

It is just us, the players in the Virtual environment using its Tools accoding to own goals.

That is the Sanbox experience.

No that's a Sandbox experience according to you and your likes and biases.TO be a Sandbox only requires tools to effect the world and shape it.Everything you describe are game elements that could be thrown into either a Thempark or Sandbox to make a Thempark or Sandbox GAME.Implementation of those elements may be different in each but they don;t define them.

Hell as Sandbox doesn't even require multiplayer massive or otherwise it can be purely solo.However in a Massively Multiplayer Sandbox with a persistent world for all players on the server then yes all players actions should effect other players and that should naturally encourage interaction positive or otherwise within the game's rule set because all games have rules.

• rungardrungard Member Posts: 1,035

Very different view, it is focussed around player interaction, none of what I describe in this specific example involves any AI...

That is the Sandbox experience.

And the story line is there to enrich the setting, provide us with a template to be able to define the role of our characters, and give our goals some relevant context.

the problem you have is that your interpretation of a sandbox actually is your very narrow personal definition.

My personal definition of an actual sandbox is much broader and is simply the ability to create or destroy, and I think EQN has that in spades. I have also included a picture of a sandbox for reference.

This discussion has been closed.