Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's been so QUIET around this game lately!!!

lolunaticlolunatic Member Posts: 108

I keep waiting for a big announcement, or something around the corner, and its just disapointments :/.. I'm really excited for this game but  it's just a drought lately... thoughts..?

(  -  Y   -  )

Comments

• SmellyNannerSmellyNanner Member Posts: 152
    Same. I'm waiting for that Beta invite. Or announcement or something lol
  • darthbuhdarthbuh Member UncommonPosts: 24

The problem is the P2P model they've chosen, at least in my opinion.

Many new MMORPGs are going wtih a F2P / hybrid model for subscription.  This varies from GW2 (B2P) to RIFT (F2P) and everything in-between.

There is nothing wrong with a P2P model, assuming that the game has enough content; players use WoW as a basis of argument, but forget / neglect the fact that there is over a half a decade of development in the game's content.

Are you willing to pay $59.99 for a game box with 30 days of time, and then $180 yearly for a game that may or may not have extensive end-game content? (multiple raids, multiple PvP options, structured advancement, sophisticated crafting, etc)

Or would you rather let it all pan out, and see if the game can stand on its own, without your support?

Time will tell.

Retired: WoW (Cataclysm), SWTOR (pre-F2P), Champions Online, City of Heroes, RIFT, Age of Conan (pre-F2P)
    On Hold: FFXIV Heavensward, Blade and Soul, Firefall
  • Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by darthbuh

Many new MMORPGs are going wtih a F2P / hybrid model for subscription.  This varies from GW2 (B2P) to RIFT (F2P) and everything in-between.

There is nothing wrong with a P2P model, assuming that the game has enough content; players use WoW as a basis of argument, but forget / neglect the fact that there is over a half a decade of development in the game's content.

Are you willing to pay $59.99 for a game box with 30 days of time, and then $180 yearly for a game that may or may not have extensive end-game content? (multiple raids, multiple PvP options, structured advancement, sophisticated crafting, etc)

Or would you rather let it all pan out, and see if the game can stand on its own, without your support?

Time will tell.

why yes I would in fact I prefer it.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• darthbuhdarthbuh Member UncommonPosts: 24

Yes, but one player or a few versus the majority will make this decision.  Whip out your credit card, step up, and try to alter this game's future.

But you won't.

Retired: WoW (Cataclysm), SWTOR (pre-F2P), Champions Online, City of Heroes, RIFT, Age of Conan (pre-F2P)
    On Hold: FFXIV Heavensward, Blade and Soul, Firefall
  • GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907

Yes, but one player or a few versus the majority will make this decision.  Whip out your credit card, step up, and try to alter this game's future.

But you won't.

I won't that is correct.... it's not the SciFi MMO product that I and others desire....

a SciFi MMO that looks like a Saturday Morning cartoon? It should have looked like Alien/Prometheus/Predator.... not warm and fuzzy cartoon graphics...

Maybe the reason Wildstar isn't doing as good as it could be is because the Devs missed the boat when they chose a graphics style that doesn't seem to fit for a SciFi game (some of us feel that way, I am not the only one that has expressed this opinion).

I understand that Wildstar is in fact a great MMO (or I should say will be), I understand many like how it's getting made, however....

Some of us Players have been waiting for a good, thorough, mostly Adult oriented, realistic, gritty, scary, dark  SciFi MMO for YEARS. Wildstar isn't it.

We want an alternative to EvE.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    I think a lot of excitement died out when devs said that end game is for hardcore players only and that they don't care. I guess this game appeals to a small percentage of hardcore raiders who enjoy gear treadmill.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

its been quiet since they announce the pricing model. I personally wanted the GW2 model on this game as well, but its not the case. I still want this game, very much, but i wont buy it at launch unless they announce we can turn off telegraphs.
    I like everything ive seen in this game but i wont accept mandatory telegraphs. That would be the only reason why i am willing to skip the game. I can live with the sub if the game is good enough to justify it, but no mandatory telegraphs. Do not insult my capabilities as a gamer if you expect my wallet to open. Let me turn off telegraphs, do not ruin my gaming experience.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    This is why it's kind of annoying when MMOs are announced so far in the future, but they stay in closed Beta or alpha for so long.
  • Swids2010Swids2010 Member Posts: 244
    Originally posted by rojo6934

its been quiet since they announce the pricing model. I personally wanted the GW2 model on this game as well, but its not the case. I still want this game, very much, but i wont buy it at launch unless they announce we can turn off telegraphs.
    I like everything ive seen in this game but i wont accept mandatory telegraphs. That would be the only reason why i am willing to skip the game. I can live with the sub if the game is good enough to justify it, but no mandatory telegraphs. Do not insult my capabilities as a gamer if you expect my wallet to open. Let me turn off telegraphs, do not ruin my gaming experience.

They said a few times to interviewers at Pax that you could turn off telegraphs. I was happy with this too

I feel same as OP there are only two mmo's on the distant horizon I am looking forward too and this is one think it looks cool combat looks great and they sticking with trinity which I bloody love but since gamescon I feel there has been nothing new all stuff at pax has been showed off before. Would love some more info

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Swids2010

They said a few times to interviewers at Pax that you could turn off telegraphs. I was happy with this too

thanks, ive watched a lot of interviews but none from this year's Pax. Now i am even more interested in this game.

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Originally posted by lolunatic

I keep waiting for a big announcement, or something around the corner, and its just disapointments :/.. I'm really excited for this game but  it's just a drought lately... thoughts..?

(  -  Y   -  )

Try going to one of the wildstar sites like Wildstar central.  The devs post there on a pretty regular basis.  This site users pretty much just bash this game for this and that and not many hardup Wildstar guys come here to talk about this game.

I been on one site recently and a dev was talking to us about the number of dungeons at release.  She also told us about another type of instance dungeon called adventures, but wasn't ready to tell us all about that just yet.   She also told us about another type of quicker instance called "shiphands" but again he could not tell us to much about it.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by lolunatic

It's just as quiet as almost every other game in development right now, as the year's expos have pretty much come to a close.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Originally posted by Swids2010

thanks, ive watched a lot of interviews but none from this year's Pax. Now i am even more interested in this game.

Yeah been a few things bugging me that just haven't been talked about this was one of the announcements that made me quite happy I know people might think its a trivial thing but it little things like this for me that can really hurt the experience. I've just been looking for the interview cant seem to find it but i'm pretty sure it was there lead Jeremy Gaffney that said it if I find it will post it.

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997
    well they announced they had to push back the release to sometime in 2014 - which may be why it is rather quite around this game, their marketing probably have been target for a late 2013 release, now need to make new plans.  but then still its not long ago they started a comic, and they still have updates on their site every Wednesday, even if it isnt much of updates about the game in those either atm.
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122

It depends on where you lurk. The game has an insanely active community that chatters with devs literally every day. Heck, today I found out that they will feature scalable group instances called "Shiphands". The devs also chimed in on how they compare difficulty/length wise.

That means WildStar, at launch, will feature:

Content (quantity) in order of difficulty/time requirement

• Discovery Dungeons - via Path or 'discovery' spot in the world (??)
    • Housing Dungeons/Expeditions (??)
    • Shiphands (??) NEW INFO
    • Adventures (6) (almost exact rewards as Dungeons, slightly less) NEW INFO
    • Dungeons (4)
    • Veterans (hard mode of the 4 dungeons)
    • Raids (??)

Some of this stuff just came out in the last few days in the community. WildStar Central is probably the main hub for all of these discussions. 

Here's the WildStar Central thread where some of this came out.

Again, it's only quiet if you don't know where to lurk.

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• CetraCetra Member UncommonPosts: 359
    i wish they would just reveal the last 2 classes already.
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Originally posted by Cetra
    i wish they would just reveal the last 2 classes already.

Tru dat!

Scooter said they have them down, but they're using the time to finalize some of their gameplay. I'm guessing we'll see some DevSpeaks and a WildStar Flick about them when they come out. But yea, hopefully very soon!

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    I think a lot of excitement died out when devs said that end game is for hardcore players only and that they don't care. I guess this game appeals to a small percentage of hardcore raiders who enjoy gear treadmill.

I think that's exactly the kind of attitude you do need to take to make a P2P MMO in this day and age.  If you expect people to sub to your game for years on end you need to give them content that takes years to complete and that means "hardcore".  PVP could be a second option but that market is so flickle that getting that crowd to stick around in large numbers long term is pretty difficult.

If you want to make a game that is consumed in 30-60 days than thrown aside maybe to be revisited every few months than F2P or B2P (I honestly don't see much difference these days) is the best model for it.  You can get as many people into your game as possible without the box fee and design it around maximizing profits during that short time the player will stick around before jumping off to something else.  if you want to design a P2P game you need to make it hard, you need to make it take teamwork, and you need to build systems that promote social interactions.  I think a steep small group/raid content treadmill that takes years to complete if ever is a pretty good way to do that don't you?

• KyelthisKyelthis Member UncommonPosts: 287
    Originally posted by Gardavsshade

Yes, but one player or a few versus the majority will make this decision.  Whip out your credit card, step up, and try to alter this game's future.   But you won't.

I won't that is correct.... it's not the SciFi MMO product that I and others desire....

a SciFi MMO that looks like a Saturday Morning cartoon? It should have looked like Alien/Prometheus/Predator.... not warm and fuzzy cartoon graphics...

Maybe the reason Wildstar isn't doing as good as it could be is because the Devs missed the boat when they chose a graphics style that doesn't seem to fit for a SciFi game (some of us feel that way, I am not the only one that has expressed this opinion).

I understand that Wildstar is in fact a great MMO (or I should say will be), I understand many like how it's getting made, however....

Some of us Players have been waiting for a good, thorough, mostly Adult oriented, realistic, gritty, scary, dark  SciFi MMO for YEARS. Wildstar isn't it.

We want an alternative to EvE.

A sci-fi game doesn't have to look super realistic, just look at Borderlands. Highly successful sci-fi game that uses cell shading to convey their world and characters. Wildstar was never meant to dethrone Eve, it's a different type of MMO and imo, it looks just fine.
  • GrummusGrummus Member UncommonPosts: 151

The problem is the P2P model they've chosen, at least in my opinion. Many new MMORPGs are going wtih a F2P / hybrid model for subscription.  This varies from GW2 (B2P) to RIFT (F2P) and everything in-between. There is nothing wrong with a P2P model, assuming that the game has enough content; players use WoW as a basis of argument, but forget / neglect the fact that there is over a half a decade of development in the game's content. Are you willing to pay $59.99 for a game box with 30 days of time, and then $180 yearly for a game that may or may not have extensive end-game content? (multiple raids, multiple PvP options, structured advancement, sophisticated crafting, etc) Or would you rather let it all pan out, and see if the game can stand on its own, without your support? Time will tell.

I would pay $1000 dollars for a MMO that could keep me busy [i]and entertained[/i] for six months instead of six hours, or six days, or six weeks.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    It's quite because the Closed Beta has been down for a month now as they " restructure " the game whatever the hell that means.
  • killion81killion81 Member UncommonPosts: 995

Time will tell.

I don't think they are going for the segment of the audience that chooses games based primarily on payment model.  Personally, I rate games on how much fun they are to play regardless of the payment model.  If people won't pay for a subscription, why would a game developer want to cater to them?  They are in the business of making money just like everyone else.

I have no problem dropping $60 on a month's worth of entertainment and if it continues to entertain me beyond that month at $15 monthly, it's a fantastic deal.  

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

What really boggles my mind is that Wildstar is technically slotted to compete with their own game GuildWars 2.

And yet they are going to have 2 different business models in place. 

Either brilliant or idiotic, and I lean towards idiotic.

• ariboersmaariboersma Member Posts: 1,802
    Originally posted by Br3akingDawn
    The calm before the storm...

this.. but with 2 cons behind them.. another incoming and a release time... did you expect to hear a ton? They have got to be up to their ears in stuff to do. Although I would agree with some in this thread.. a beta invite would be nice ;)