Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Siege of Orgrimmar Goes Live

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

According to player reports, queues are building in World of Warcraft with the arrival of Siege of Orgrimmar that will allow players to take on none other than Garrosh Hellscream himself. The Blizzard team has sent out a list of handy articles to read while you're waiting to get on your server.

There are many features with this patch including:

Read more at the links above.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Ehh, with all of this 3 faction pvp goodness now-a-days the only thing I do is pvp and that in large-scale 90% of the time. The large-scale open world pvp in WoW, as of 4 months ago, creates so much server lag it's unplayable. Will probably return to Wow after a couple expansions and when they're on sale.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • icculus2112icculus2112 Member Posts: 105
    pretty interesting patch for WoW.  Timeless Isle on paper looks like a GW2 style zone, something completely different for WoW.  they listened to the 'we hate dailies' crowd, will it pay off?
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500

Siege of Orgrimmar is a far better name than the huge banner ad across the website's home page saying "World of Warcraft Patch 5.4 goes live"  Really? Did the cost per letter in the ads go up or something so they opted to shorten it to 5.4?

I knew Blizzard could come up with a better name than that.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Im pretty sure wpvp was not the focus. Thanks for trying though. I'm also pretty sure everyone playing could care less about zerg fest wpvp as well. As far as the patch, its just freaking awesome. If it weren't for this game, mmorpgs would have fallen off the face of the planet already.
  • floreairfootfloreairfoot Member Posts: 59
    Originally posted by Kyleran

Siege of Orgrimmar is a far better name than the huge banner ad across the website's home page saying "World of Warcraft Patch 5.4 goes live"  Really? Did the cost per letter in the ads go up or something so they opted to shorten it to 5.4?

I knew Blizzard could come up with a better name than that.

/facepalm

• icculus2112icculus2112 Member Posts: 105
    Originally posted by Rockniss
    Im pretty sure wpvp was not the focus. Thanks for trying though. I'm also pretty sure everyone playing could care less about zerg fest wpvp as well. As far as the patch, its just freaking awesome. If it weren't for this game, mmorpgs would have fallen off the face of the planet already.

I like WoW [mod edit], but I do think the MMORPG landscape would be better without it.

This isnt WoW's fault though, its the people who tried to copy WoW.  Thankfully the 'cloning' looks like its stopping or at least slowing down.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    Originally posted by icculus2112
    pretty interesting patch for WoW.  Timeless Isle on paper looks like a GW2 style zone, something completely different for WoW.  they listened to the 'we hate dailies' crowd, will it pay off?

I tried it last night, and it sort of is like GW2.  Zergs of people run around killing rares for drops.  There is also new jumping puzzles, with chests at the end.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    I'm so bored, I'm tempted to go play this for a bit while I wait for other things.  I stopped playing right after finishign Burning Crusade because the end zone was so weak.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• AlomarAlomar Member RarePosts: 1,299
    Never stated it was the focus mate, just saying the game can't handle it. If it's not your cup of tea then fine, no need to make rude remarks to fellow MMORPG.com members just posting their opinions.
    Haxus Council Member
    21  year MMO veteran 
    PvP Raid Leader 
    Lover of The Witcher & CD Projekt Red
  • sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 431
    Originally posted by Vivasvan
    Been playing wow 3 months after lotro stopped making raids. 14 boss raid loool superb.

Level 80 now and I can't wait for the endgame.

I tried EVERY other MMO out there after I left lord of rings sadly. And I tell u this... NOTHING is better then Wow out there.

Superb. Keep the raids coming

Tx for the update, but everyone knows this already.

It is just that all these other guys in here played it for years on end and you have such a great honey moon time now.

See you in 5 years, but in the meantime have fun.

Not sure I see any dire ted rudeness Mith just like im nit sure why wpvp is even mentioned here in the comments. If Blizzard wanted wpvp you can bet they would go over the top and make daoc look like childs play. WoW players just dont care about wpvp so wpvp get sidestepped. And no the game as it is can not handle it. I know this first hand because I used to raid stormwind every night and I would d up in orgrimmar when the alliance decided to hit they would have to bring 4-5 fulk raid groups to make sure it lagged out enough so we didnt kill them all before they would kill garrosh. So long as wpvp means zerg fest like the modern day culture believes, wow is not the place for zerg style wpvp. Now smaller grouos scattered and cokrdinated assualts it handles just fine. I know that as a member of the WSB strike force Swat team.
  • ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    I haven't play WOW for years and wont ever again. Such "events" can only be seen by people with organized Raid Guilds, so it automatically excludes me from ever seeing it.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Originally posted by Elikal
    I haven't play WOW for years and wont ever again. Such "events" can only be seen by people with organized Raid Guilds, so it automatically excludes me from ever seeing it.

Pretty sure they made them easy enough for everyone to see them. I mean a new raid comes out that has 14 new bosses, bosses that no one has seen before, and in a week everything is already cleared. It's been like this since 3.2.0

Originally posted by moosecatlol

Pretty sure they made them easy enough for everyone to see them. I mean a new raid comes out that has 14 new bosses, bosses that no one has seen before, and in a week everything is already cleared. It's been like this since 3.2.0

I dont want it to be easy, but playable. It could be a story mode instance like the "LOTRO Book - instances", which may adapt to the player number. The book quests in LOTRO were often quite challanging, as it SHOULD be with such a story! But I want it to be accessible for more than one playstyle, not easier.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

Sounds like you would rather play single player games or just aren't up to the challenge of leading a group or working as a team. You should really give it a shot though and let the world know the game is to easy for you in the proving grounds.
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Whenever I start to feel slight boredom with wow, they invent something, to keep me in game. :-) I'm still split to which game give crown, swtor or wow, but they are for me top mmo's of all times. Only games i can immagine to play even after 10 years or 20 with successive expansions. Fun never run out with them.
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by moosecatlol

Flexable raids and raid finder ensure every one can see the raids providing they want to put a little time & effort into gearing a little.

As to raids being cleared within weeks of release, you must no forget the months that these raids are playable on PTR prior to release so the big organised groups know the fights inside out by time it goes lives they post strat guides and videos online that casual raid groups simply follow.   The true difficulty and time sink required to clear a raid is far an beyond what it appears.

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    These people that want easy raid loot without making the effort (which is fun itself to see the progress) make me sick.

Oh I have no friends nobody will raid with me I can't do this content, it's not fair, we should be able to get raid loot too.

Listen you lazy effortless people get lost. Go do something else. Go play single player games. Or MANY other mmos that cater for those that don't want raids but easy zerfests.

Raiding is about team playing. Effort, coordination. If your not a team player your problem.

Whining and moaning you can't get into a raid guild cos your crap is not our problem.

some people just want to SEE the content.  a previous poster in this thread did not mention gear at all.  I do not raid,  i get too impatient for the group to start.  but,  i remember the first time i walked into icecrown citadel at lvl 85 and it was cool just to see the place.  the design of the rooms and what not.  raid finder provides a way for people to see the content.  it's not always about gear. 

• Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Originally posted by muffins89
    These people that want easy raid loot without making the effort (which is fun itself to see the progress) make me sick.

Oh I have no friends nobody will raid with me I can't do this content, it's not fair, we should be able to get raid loot too.

Listen you lazy effortless people get lost. Go do something else. Go play single player games. Or MANY other mmos that cater for those that don't want raids but easy zerfests.

Raiding is about team playing. Effort, coordination. If your not a team player your problem.

Whining and moaning you can't get into a raid guild cos your crap is not our problem.

some people just want to SEE the content.  a previous poster in this thread did not mention gear at all.  I do not raid,  i get too impatient for the group to start.  but,  i remember the first time i walked into icecrown citadel at lvl 85 and it was cool just to see the place.  the design of the rooms and what not.  raid finder provides a way for people to see the content.  it's not always about gear. 

This...I could care less about gear. Actually I find your fascination and fixation upon gear a bit trivial and sad to be honest. I simply want to enjoy the artwork and story the developers have worked so hard to deliver. And I work far too much and hard to have a regular raiding schedule, not to mention most my old vanilla buddies quit playing ages ago :V I don't even want gear this time around, if I do come back it'll be to see what happens to Garrosh and Orgrimmar. And see the effort that's been put into it....and to admire the world I've come to both cherish and hate. These recent changes are something that have actually piqued my interest in a game I've almost come to resent because of past changes, mostly mechanic wise.

--Custom Rig: Pyraxis---
    NZXT Phantom 410 Case
    Intel Core i5-4690 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB Smart Cache, 3.5GHz
    Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    Asus GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
    Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB

If your not bothered about the gear then you can see all the wonder and glory of this level 90 raid at level 100 with ease when they raise the level cap.

I see no reason for that? I pay just the same as you, put in as much effort as I can when I'm online....I don't care about the gear, I want to see the new content rather than actually get phat lootz. And as with previous expansions it's almost impossible to get a group for older dungeons. Do you know why? Because most people only care about the gear, and won't do older dungeons because they have seen it or just...don't think it's worth their time. I've tried getting a group for Dragon Soul for almost half a year now, it's never happened :-/ So yeah that's why I'd rather do it while I can....What's it matter to you? Especially if I'm not getting gear for it? Is another person's happiness that doesn't affect you what so ever that hard to bear witness to? It's not like me enjoying the content sullies it in any way for you....

NZXT Phantom 410 Case

I'm not about gear at all myself, in Wotlk after the raid group and I defeated the lich king one time, the only time I went back is when someone wanted some help, otherwise I was like, "been there done that"

Oh boy... where to begin.

First, doing stuff alone is NOT easier. Any hick can follow 40 people bashing a Dragon. But when you are alone, that's the real prove! A raid is not per se more difficult. It just takes TON of time to organize, wait, prep asf.

Second, god, GEAR is really the LAST thing I CARE about in a MMO! I want to look cool, and that's it, and to HELL with gearscore! Do I look like I ever cared about such absurd stuff? You can keep that for good. But I want to SEE it, I want to participate in the STORY.

Good riddance...

If you want to participate in the story then get your character ready for raiding and join raids.

I don't see what the problem is.

I don't understand people that who've at raiders but they want to see things an easier way without the time and effort. And I beg to differ solo is completely easy com

Well I work twelve hour shifts most days of the week, and I'm also on call so I can't really raid...As in I can't put entire nights away because I might get called away at any moment, and most the time I'd rather sleep than play a game. When I get the off chance and day off, I will play and that's when I get the chance to LFR and do raids. If I didn't have LFR I'd never be able to gear up, do raids, and I'd probably quit since I wouldn't be able to see the content. I know that's nothing big cause I'm only one player, and all that and I won't be missed by the supreme and much better likes of you and your hard core raider ilk....But there are many others like me that hardly have any free time. 

NZXT Phantom 410 Case