Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] WorldAlpha: Checking Out WorldAlpha

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In today's Independency column, we take a look at WorldAlpha, a collaborative, free to play, real-world style browser game that isn't quite as scary as it sounds. Check out our preview and mini-interview before chatting WorldAlpha up in the comments.

Economy: Start by getting a basic job and buying and selling consumables. Move on to starting and maintaining an in-game business, perhaps becoming an industry mogul.

Military: Joining the army and working your way up through the ranks. Commanding troops and moving mountains.

Politics: Vote, run for office, create new political parties, propose laws and even a constitution, and basically become a power player on the political stage. Perfect for the game-oriented political wonk.

Read more of Lisa Jonte's Independency: Checking Out WorldAlpha.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• worldalphaworldalpha Member Posts: 403
    Thanks Lisa for the review.  We appreciate it!

Thanks,
    Mike
    Working on Social Strategy MMORTS (now Launched!) http://www.worldalpha.com

• MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Sounds interesting. Heading to youtube to check it out. :D

• flinter_hexflinter_hex Member Posts: 1
    It is a good game with Great people playing and running the game, i Strongly recommend the game, and if you do come to play i even more strongly suggest the country of ACanada 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    What, no FFA full loot open world PVP? BAH /dismiss.

Sorry, knee jerk reaction, actually it sounds somewhat interesting, and it is free to try.

But I dunno. Maybe.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• TsigaroTsigaro Member Posts: 2
    Hmmm while I've been playing eRepublik for almost 3 years I could say that these type of games turn to be P2P as the one who spends money in it wins every time.Also, as I've seen from the pictures, it involves real countries and that causes hatred between some communities as real life issues have strong impact in the game.On the other hand people in these games tends to be a lot more friendly as cooperation leads to better results for your community.