Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No sign of digital sales resume date yet...

Comments

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    For my wife and I its what ever comes first the Terraria patch or FF14 digital download. If Terraria is first we will wait on FF14 until we get tried of all the new content coming to Terraria. 
  • heavyhebrewheavyhebrew Member Posts: 309

At this point it is just a waiting game. I just do not want it to become three weeks or a full month. Playing catch up sucks.

Oh well, GTA5 is next week.

TRUST THE COMPUTER! THE COMPUTER IS YOUR FRIEND!

Stay Alert! Trust No One! Keep Your Laser Handy!

Yellow Clearance Black Box Blues!

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    I really want to hand them my $$$$ :(

• synnsynn Member UncommonPosts: 563

I was really looking forward to playing this game and the fact that digital downloads were down made me want to play it even more :p Now I'm not so sure. I figured the reason they stopped it was due to server issues which makes perfect sense but its been about 2 weeks so either they are trying to keep the hype going or they aren't sure they can handle the influx of players that they foresee gaining once digitals are back. I'll probably hold off for another week or so once digitals are back to see if more issues arise and i'm stuck with a game that's unplayable for what ever the reason.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by synn

I was really looking forward to playing this game and the fact that digital downloads were down made me want to play it even more :p Now I'm not so sure. I figured the reason they stopped it was due to server issues which makes perfect sense but its been about 2 weeks so either they are trying to keep the hype going or they aren't sure they can handle the influx of players that they foresee gaining once digitals are back. I'll probably hold off for another week or so once digitals are back to see if more issues arise and i'm stuck with a game that's unplayable for what ever the reason.

IMO this has got to be the worst launch I've seen. I remember issues with Vanguard and AOC, but this is ridiculous as far as suspending digital sales and it is not in any store with 200 miles of the Los Angeles area. I wanted to give it a go, but they are probably going to loose me now to GTA V and by the time I get through that, other games on the next gen consoles or PC will be out and Ill be patiently waiting for ESO in the Spring. It really does feel like they sold an extended open beta that isn't totally open for everyone.

There Is Always Hope!

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    This is odd to me.. First, people freak out because they didn't do enough research to know how many players there would be, and the problems insured. Now, people are pissed cause they implemented fixes and want to make sure the current issues are solved before introducing potentially more issues... I guess SE Just can't win with some folks...
  • SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by Praetalus
    This is odd to me.. First, people freak out because they didn't do enough research to know how many players there would be, and the problems insured. Now, people are pissed cause they implemented fixes and want to make sure the current issues are solved before introducing potentially more issues... I guess SE Just can't win with some folks...

Apples and oranges dude.

One group pre-purchased the game and was upset that they could not access what they paid for.

The other group is people who did not preorder, but are now interested in playing the game. But since they are not able to buy now interest in the game dwindling.

So no SE can't win when they can't even make one of these groups happy. But that is not the customer's fault. That fault lies squarely on SE's shoulders.

• Hitman211Hitman211 Member Posts: 52
    Originally posted by SuperDonk

Apples and oranges dude.

One group pre-purchased the game and was upset that they could not access what they paid for.

The other group is people who did not preorder, but are now interested in playing the game. But since they are not able to buy now interest in the game dwindling.

So no SE can't win when they can't even make one of these groups happy. But that is not the customer's fault. That fault lies squarely on SE's shoulders.

Im sorry, I don't see how SE could have predicted accurately how many people were going to be interested.

We all have the benefit of hindsight now..however if one month ago you were asked "How many people will play a remade game that once failed so miserably if made grown men cry?" would you honestly say "well they need at least 75 servers since at least 53 servers will be packed to the brim for early access"

I don't think so.  They might have known the game was good, they might have know how many people would have played if this was the original launch.  The fact that the old game failed and pissed a lot of fans off, that changed everything.  Perhaps they thought launch would have been weak but then grown as word spread...that's what I would have guessed would happen.

53 server packed...I don't think anyone saw that coming a week before EA.

Im just worried about how many people out there that don't have the game want to buy it.  We could guess all day but I don't think anyone knows for sure.  So how many servers should the bring up in order to resume sales?  Again not going to be easy to predict unless they do pre-orders on a live game and then allow people who buy them to play a week or two later when they can adjust capacity....and I don't think people would like that.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by Hitman211

Apples and oranges dude.

Im sorry, I don't see how SE could have predicted accurately how many people were going to be interested.

We all have the benefit of hindsight now..however if one month ago you were asked "How many people will play a remade game that once failed so miserably if made grown men cry?" would you honestly say "well they need at least 75 servers since at least 53 servers will be packed to the brim for early access"

I don't think so.  They might have known the game was good, they might have know how many people would have played if this was the original launch.  The fact that the old game failed and pissed a lot of fans off, that changed everything.  Perhaps they thought launch would have been weak but then grown as word spread...that's what I would have guessed would happen.

Im just worried about how many people out there that don't have the game want to buy it.  We could guess all day but I don't think anyone knows for sure.  So how many servers should the bring up in order to resume sales?  Again not going to be easy to predict unless they do pre-orders on a live game and then allow people who buy them to play a week or two later when they can adjust capacity....and I don't think people would like that.

Businesses make sales predictions ALL OF THE TIME. I fail to see why SE would not do the same. Besides they should have been faster on their feet to address the problems. Here we are, two weeks since launch and three weeks since EA, and still sales are suspended. If that is not a business failure I don't know what is.

I'm still trying to grasp why so many people on this website want to continue to excuse the inexcusable from game devs. Only in a gaming world is it ok to sell a broken, unfinished product while claiming it is not. Only in the gaming world is it ok to not project sales. Only in the gaming world is it ok fail to provide service already paid for in advance. The excuse of, "well that's just the way it is", is growing very old and tiresome. I've become jaded and will not accept this anymore. SE will not be getting my money and the upcoming AAA launches better do much better if they want anything from me.

Originally posted by Hitman211

Apples and oranges dude.

Businesses make sales predictions ALL OF THE TIME. I fail to see why SE would not do the same. Besides they should have been faster on their feet to address the problems. Here we are, two weeks since launch and three weeks since EA, and still sales are suspended. If that is not a business failure I don't know what is.

I'm still trying to grasp why so many people on this website want to continue to excuse the inexcusable from game devs. Only in a gaming world is it ok to sell a broken, unfinished product while claiming it is not. Only in the gaming world is it ok to not project sales. Only in the gaming world is it ok fail to provide service already paid for in advance. The excuse of, "well that's just the way it is", is growing very old and tiresome. I've become jaded and will not accept this anymore. SE will not be getting my money and the upcoming AAA launches better do much better if they want anything from me.

+1 you captured  my feeling and probably the feeling of so many from your last couple of posts. Im a big MMOer, I'm familiar with what to expect at Launch as far as bugs, long server queues, delayed support, email issues, missing features, etc, but this game is entering uncharted territory and some of these defenses are from folks who clearly don't understand business. In addition, they are trying to rewin the favor of so many disappointed in the first launch. One bad first impression is bad enough. Two bad first impressions is just inexcusable.

There Is Always Hope!

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    i really dont know how you can call it a failure. Sales of stopped because they were expecting as many people as they did. So as far as predictions go they went way over what was expected to sale. So i would call it a success. Sucks to be you people who didnt pre order. Live with your choice and wait for sales to resume. Another maintenance is happening today to increase server performance . So just hang in there im sure they will resume soon
  • mrputtsmrputts Member UncommonPosts: 283
    I just hit up my local walmart this morning and snagged up a copy. Check local stores walmart's website said they had no copies but there it was.

Ea is like a poo fingered midas ~ShakyMo

Originally posted by mrputts
    I just hit up my local walmart this morning and snagged up a copy. Check local stores walmart's website said they had no copies but there it was.

Thats a great idea. No store within all of Los Angeles for any retailer shows in stock within 100 miles, so I'm gonna get in my car tomorrow and drive all over the state because one of them is bound to have an inventory discrepancy lol.

There Is Always Hope!

• mrputtsmrputts Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Originally posted by keithian

Thats a great idea. No store within all of Los Angeles for any retailer shows in stock within 100 miles, so I'm gonna get in my car tomorrow and drive all over the state because one of them is bound to have an inventory discrepancy lol.

Did you check you LOCAL stores? 'None" in stock around me, but I took a chance drove to my Walmart, and it paid off. I mean you can be a smart ass about it thats fine.  I'll be enjoying the game while your still waiting.

Ea is like a poo fingered midas ~ShakyMo

• jdnycjdnyc Member UncommonPosts: 1,643

BestBuy online.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Final+Fantasy+XIV%3A+A+Realm+Reborn+-+Windows/6881058.p;jsessionid=FACAA89C2A4CB634218BA40225142634.bbolsp-app02-131?id=1218810355735&skuId=6881058&st=final%20fantasy%20xiv&lp=1&cp=1

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    My Best Buy  nearest me went from none in stock to showing 4 in stock today.  Went there, they couldn't find them, hahaha.  Hoping digital shows up available tomorrow.

• TambourineTambourine Member UncommonPosts: 181

Jesus... I want to play this game just as much as the next guy but y'all seriously need to calm the F down. Reminds me ever so much of Veruca Salt in Willy Wonka. Have a little bit of shame for Christ's sake, not to mention patience. I'm personally rather impressed with Square's display of humility on the matter, good for them - this is exactly why I'll continue to tout SE as one of, if not the best game developer around, IMHO.

"I WANT IT NOW!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRTkCHE1sS4

• HorActiHorActi Member Posts: 33

From a retailer (not sure if I can post the name):

STOCK UPDATE (10th September) : You've probably noticed the game is sold out everywhere. Originally, Square Enix told the distributors stock would be in Tues 9th. They've now changed this date to towards the end of this week. 

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    If you have an account - with a key attached to it -you can download it as much as you want since it was paid for right? I have an extra one that my son was using but hes off to college now..Thinking about dishing it out to one of you guys. Dunno if that works that way?
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    I'm pretty sure selling accounts is against the TOS.
  • vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587

The videogame industry is NOT the only company that does 'this'.

Airlines over book flights all the time and leave people in the lurch.

Cable tv and cell phone companies have spotty service and down time on occasion, or even, on mayny occasions.

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    Originally posted by tom_gore

I didnt say anything about selling an account. Let me rephrase it . "  I WILL GIVE IT TO SOME ONE " . 

Always that one person.......

• RackjawRackjaw Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by moguy2
    Originally posted by tom_gore

I didnt say anything about selling an account. Let me rephrase it . "  I WILL GIVE IT TO SOME ONE " . 

Always that one person.......

Hey there, I'd be willing to take that account off your hands if you'd like! I just drove to 5 or 6 different stores (and called far more than that) with no luck. I'm out maybe 20$ worth of gas and I am no closer to playing FF14, haha. 

Let me know, I can also trade you something if you are on Steam :)

• Iceman8235Iceman8235 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Originally posted by jdnyc

BestBuy online.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Final+Fantasy+XIV%3A+A+Realm+Reborn+-+Windows/6881058.p;jsessionid=FACAA89C2A4CB634218BA40225142634.bbolsp-app02-131?id=1218810355735&skuId=6881058&st=final%20fantasy%20xiv&lp=1&cp=1

Thanks for the tip with bestbuy.  Ordered this morning with expedited delivery and it's scheduled to get here tomorrow morning :)

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Sharkypal

This is pretty pathetic tbh.

A 3 year old game, re released and two weeks later digital sales are still suspended?

I understand 'teething' problems etc but these guys are shooting themselves in the foot with this kind of behavior.

At the very least, set a date, so people know when they can expect to be able to buy the game.

Leaving people in the dark with no ETA just serves to annoy potential customers.

And I agree, many people who are angry about this will run out and buy it the second it is available (myself included) but it doesn't excuse this type of behavior when you are trying to win back customers and promote a game that tanked extremely badly when it was first released.

thsi is a brand new game