Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Well I'm done!

Comments

• gessekai332gessekai332 New York City, NYPosts: 854Member Uncommon

i've been hacked before, it really sucks. i utterly despise bots and gold seller with the passion of a thousand suns, but that doesnt stop you from getting hacked. if you used a unique password its probably because you visited 3rd party final fantasy websites for databses/guides/ info etc. a lot of the times they have malware on them from the banner ads that will infect your computer and steal your information.  

i'm sorry for loss. the real only way to prevent it is to use the one-time password thing. but honestly they should have made it more clear what the hell one time password is, or that you should strongly use it. i am used to the phrase "authenticator" so i had no idea what the hell one-time password meant.  also, its launch. they are probably hideously swamped right now so its going to be fun dealing with customer service right now. its not an excuse, but its typically like this with all mmorpgs.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• VoqarVoqar Phoenix, AZPosts: 498Member

This is kind of lacking in details.  The chances of someone being truly hacked are so very slim.  Most "hacking" is due to people having horrific security and usage behaviors.

For ex, I recently heard of someone in game who got hacked and was blaming SE for it and crying about getting restored.  Turns out they had the same username and password for both FFXIV and the recently hacked LoL/Riot, which was public and where it was explicitly stated to change your info.  If you're dumb enough to use the same usr/pwd for multiple services AND don't change them when they get hacked...well...yeah...bend over.  IMO, SE would be doing an extreme kindness to restore somone who gets hacked this way, or by dealing with RMT, or doing other incredibly stupid things.

Premium MMORPGs do not feature built-in cheating via cash for gold pay 2 win. PLAY to win or don't play.

• PpiperPpiper Horsham, PAPosts: 648Member Uncommon
    sorry man, I feel your pain. SE's CS is horrid, always has been. It's your dime, move on. The game is Meh! anyway. See you in the next "great" game, lol!
  • mastersomratmastersomrat Saint Charles, MOPosts: 368Member
    No worries, not missing much...that I saw anyway.  Played archer to 10, then switched to Bot (got it to lvl 9).  OMG, I thought I was going to hang myself....it is sooooooooo boring.  The combat was...okkyyy..at least they kept me moving.  Looking forward to trying or playing Wildstar.
    Originally posted by mastersomrat
    No worries, not missing much...that I saw anyway.  Played archer to 10, then switched to Bot (got it to lvl 9).  OMG, I thought I was going to hang myself....it is sooooooooo boring.  The combat was...okkyyy..at least they kept me moving.  Looking forward to trying or playing Wildstar.

EQ:N for me.

• MindfistMindfist Atlanta, GAPosts: 13Member

I had the exact same thing happen to me this past weekend. First I could not log in, so I do everything to find out why my account says in is "not registered". When I log on to the SE site, it says my account is suspended, but did not say why. I change my password, and sign up for the android one time password key. Still no luck.

On Monday i get an accusatory email stating my account has been terminated for gold farming.....here is the text......

Dear Customer:
    This notice is to inform you that we have suspended the FINAL FANTASY XIV service account registered to this e-mail for one or more violations of the FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement that occurred on 9/9/2013. Specifically, you have violated following Section(s) of the FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement.

------------------
    SQUARE ENIX ACCOUNT TERMS OF USE
    1. Registered Users
    Use of the Website or Services is limited to those satisfying the following conditions:
    (b)You represent and warrant that you will not use the Website or Services in any manner that is in violation of this Agreement or of any applicable law or regulation;

FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement
    2.2 Real Money Trading, Farming and Power-Leveling.  You may not sell,purchase or exchange for real-world money or value any in-game currency,accounts, characters, in-game services, or in-game virtual items.  Youmay not play the Game for the purpose of acquiring virtual items or advancement in game play on behalf of a third-party or for the purpose of selling any virtual assets to a third party for real-world money, specifically including  $B!H (Bgold-farming $B!I (Band power-leveling services.
    ------------------
    Every action we issue is based on conclusive evidence of a violation and is reviewed for accuracy.  Here is an excerpt from the activity log regarding this termination:

Based on the actions in this most recent incident and any prior record on the service account, we have terminated the FINAL FANTASY XIV service account registered to this e-mail in accordance with the FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement.  To best understand the penalties taken against the service account, please review the Account Penalty Policy section on the Support Center at the following link:
    http://support.na.square-enix.com/rule.php?id=5382&la=1

For information on prohibited activities in FINAL FANTASY XIV, please refer to the Square Enix Account Terms of Use, the FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement, and the following URL:
    http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5382&la=1&kid=68216

As your account has been terminated due to a violation, you will be unable to create another FINAL FANTASY XIV service account.Unfortunately, you have shown yourself to be unwilling to follow the rules of the FINAL FANTASY XIV community.  If we find that you have created another FINAL FANTASY XIV service account, we reserve the right to terminate that account as well in our sole discretion.

NOTE:  If you suspect the violation resulted from unauthorized access to the FINAL FANTASY XIV service account or the actions of an unauthorized third party who is not your parent or legal guardian, or if there are other points you wish to clarify, please contact the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.
    http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5382&la=1&kid=68228

This message has been sent to you for notification purposes only, and we are unable to address further inquires via replies to this email. Should you have any additional questions or concerns, we ask that you visit the SQUARE ENIX Support Center at [http://support.na.square-enix.com/] to contact us directly.

- SQUARE ENIX Account Administrator

.................................................................................................................................................

Notice the highlighted areas of this letter. They amount to a flat out assault om my personal integrity. My opinion is, due to the fact this is made a matter of record in a publicly traded company amounts to libel, slander, and defamation of character, and may be worthy of a lawsuit. As I have been a gamer since PONG came out I take my gaming very seriously. It is my hobby and has always been a huge part of my life. The email plainly states they have CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE that they REVIEWED FOR ACCURACY, but no rep could tell me what the evidence was. I spent an enormous amount of time trying to get them to fix this, but all they told me is it has to be investigated in JAPAN, and they would let me know in time with no ETA. SO i get NO DETAIL, NO EVIDENCE, and NO ASSISTANCE. I will let everyone on a little hint.....The main switchboard number for SE is 310-321-6004...they are many extensions that start with 600*. You can get into all kind of departments if you really want to speak to a live voice, not that it will do you any good. I got on the line with their legal department and got a gentleman who, while obviously a pretty cool dude, could only try to calm me down with vague blanket statements and very few answers.

The emailed accusation really pisses me off. I did not do anything except play the game i paid for, which at this point is no more than a paper weight. I have never been anything but honorable in gaming. Have never cheated, exploited or hacked EVER.

Now here is the kicker......Back in 2010 I contacted them about a possible intrusion on my account. I found the old ticket when i went to review a support ticket issued on this subject. In the meantime I forget about it. There is no reply to the ticket, no contact made with me, no phone call, and they did absolutely nothing when given information about a security breach on their system. When I brought this up the rep said "oh we sent you an email....." Funny thing is they never investigated the issue that was brought to light......They drop the ball and I have to eat $40.00 for their incompetence. You would have thought that would be enough to reinstate the account, but it was not even close. They could not tell me when the infraction happened, what it was or any time frame at all as to when this will be fixed

When I saw this post I began to wonder, is this just a way for them to temporarily purge the servers so they can handle the load?

Again, the main switchboard number for SE is 310-321-6004. If everyone calls that number maybe they will realize they need to staff up quickly. No one wants to spend 1/2 a day on the phone trying to get some support. SE should be ashamed of the way it has treated their core base of players. We gave them a second chance after their last huge failure and they never even thought to give me any consideration in this scenario at all.

There is no reason for any delay in reactivating my account. Either they have  CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE that I personally did something or they do not. Fact is they don't and now they just simply refuse to make it right anywhere near as fast as they made in wrong.  I doubt they will ever see another dime of my money on any game ever again, i don't care what it is or how much it is hyped. The guy in the legal department actually apologized. That was appreciated, but it did not solve my problem. I will ponder filing suit. I do not know that I have the time or energy, but i do so want to make an example out of them for the lack of consideration they have not just shown me, but everyone else this has happened to. Just plain shameful.

• SithosSithos Sault Ste. Marie, ONPosts: 320Member Uncommon

If you pay for a service and you have to try for days or weeks on end for any form of satisfaction then the company has failed horribly. At no point in this day and age should any paying customer have to spend that amount of time/effort to rectify a potential problem. It is simply unacceptable. 

The OP has every right as a paying customer to stop paying them for what he perceives as craptastic service. Those who want to try to belittle or make light of him doing so are just furthering the idea that shitty customer service is the "norm" and is to be expected,or they use the fact that they spent weeks on end calling,emailing and such to fix a problem,as a badge of honor.

Bad customer service is just exactly that..BAD. To state that it's OK because the game just launched shows a lack of basic understanding of how a company can retain it's player base. Any responsible company would have overstaffed for the initial influx and resulting complaints or issues.The cost/expense of doing so would have been far eclipsed by customer retention in the long run. Shows a spectacular lack of foresight.

Sadly it's not just S.E that does this,it's done by the vast majority of MMO companies out there and we as the consumers keep making excuses time after time. Maybe one day we will stand up and let these companies know that it's no longer acceptable.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Posts: 5,464Member Uncommon
    First I am sorry your account got hacked. Second, most peoples accounts that get hacked is their own fault. Using the same email all over the web and the same 3 passwords. Being a IT guy it drives me nuts trying to tell people who are educated to be smarter. Third, people like you should not be permitted to play new MMOs till they have been out 2-6 months. Been MMOing for 14 years and this launch is by far from good but not outside the norm. WoW still holds the books as the worst MMO launch I have ever seen. They haded out so much free time the first month because of server down time I almost had 3 weeks free play time. The also had to keep maxing out rest exp because they were down 3 days at a time. I played that game for 6 years because it was a good game. Never expect a good MMO launch, just hope for one and roll with what comes or dont play. This is a grown ups world.

=-D Only on a forum can optimism be called bad and pessimism the good thing =-D Welcome to the internet and forums. 

• WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaPosts: 8,461Member Uncommon

If i remember they tell you to specifically not use the same passwords as other accounts in other places,that is the only way your account gets hacked.

The worst place is in Emails one possible is Yahoo email.They can use key loggers or steal information just by you simply clicking an email,never having to go to any sites.So in this day n age,you should never click any email that you do not know as being 100% legit.You can hover your mouse over an email to see the actual sender,i always send them directly to the spam.

Reason why all those lame email businesses like Yahoo for example don't allow blocking is because they don't want you blocking their advertisers.

As to fighting it,you don't need to fight anything,you can simply take care of that process online however it is a bit tricky and why i prefer phone calls,the support people are very limited in their ability to help,seems YOU need to ask the right questions to get the proper answer.

Anyhow you mention you were hacked and want a roll back.They will want you to confirm it but not really tell you how to do it,again be persistent in your questions.They ask for you to sign a document stating you are going to forfeit your only chance at a roll back and allow them to investigate.When happened top me i was actually pissed because it was a no brainer,my account was logged in via Japan,i live in Canada.A foreign country login should NOT happen,so i blamed them for lack of security even though i realized it was my stupidity for clicking an email i did not check closer,i simply reacted to a user name that the email used to fool me.

It is a bit of a bs process,but you can understand how FULL protection must be utilized so they ask for photo ID and a singed document.They limit your size of file but it is not possible to combine the two with legibility so you will have to send two separate files,one with photo one with document.Point is you cannot expect them to simply make changes to your account,especially after it was hacked,without some form of PROOF/ID.

Samoan Diamond

• AstropuyoAstropuyo Stock, CAPosts: 1,797Member

At what point is the OP going to take responsibility I wonder?

Most of the time if not all of the time an account hacked is your own fault.

You did something incorrect and you were caught up in it.

You easily can read the lodestone and they speak directly as to why they lock accounts.

You clearly made the mistake and unless suddenly we find SE has a lead* in their security?

This is on you. 100%.

Stop being a wah wah and recognize your own mistakes.

Or you can keep justifying your little whine and gripe and your OWN incompetence.

Edit: *Leak not lead.

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Vancouver, WAPosts: 781Member Common

Reading this thread has convinced me to stay far away from FFARR. I was on the fence, thinking I would give them another week or so to figure it all out. Now I'm completely off of the fence. FFARR might be a decent game, but customer service counts in my book.

They still have not been able to open sales, and seeing how fast they are to ban without any way for the banned person to even find out why they were banned, I'm staying FARR FARR away from this one.

• AoriAori Carbondale, ILPosts: 1,886Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by SuperDonk

Reading this thread has convinced me to stay far away from FFARR. I was on the fence, thinking I would give them another week or so to figure it all out. Now I'm completely off of the fence. FFARR might be a decent game, but customer service counts in my book.

They still have not been able to open sales, and seeing how fast they are to ban without any way for the banned person to even find out why they were banned, I'm staying FARR FARR away from this one.

Check back after 2.1 hits, it really is a worth while game. They are working on the NA/EU Customer Service.

it's a psychotic break, a world without rules, a culture unknown to us, a place I wanted to be a part of but never felt akin too. It was a desperate attempt to become part of a world that promised so much and delivered so little. I feel violated. 

• JimmydeanJimmydean Ypsilanti, MIPosts: 1,270Member
    If only there were some kind of extra security measure people could take. They could even make it "token" sized so you could carry it around with you. Heck, they might even be able to integrate it into a mobile "app". Person who figures this stuff out is gonna be rich I tell ya!
    Originally posted by Jimmydean
    If only there were some kind of extra security measure people could take. They could even make it "token" sized so you could carry it around with you. Heck, they might even be able to integrate it into a mobile "app". Person who figures this stuff out is gonna be rich I tell ya!

This whole thread is talking more about customer service issues than a security issues. Either way their handling of just about everything during this launch has been laughable at best.

• RaxeonRaxeon cedar falls, IAPosts: 2,090Member Uncommon

This whole thread is talking more about customer service issues than a security issues. Either way their handling of just about everything during this launch has been laughable at best.

it is what it is not goign to stop me from playing a good game

Originally posted by Raxeon

it is what it is not goign to stop me from playing a good game

It will stop someone like me from buying it though.

• TissmogiTissmogi Portland, OHPosts: 177Member
    So the op got his account hacked and blames SE for bad service, then calls one of the smoothest launches a bad launch? This thread is ridiculous even for MMORPG standards.
  • DistopiaDistopia Baltimore, MDPosts: 16,915Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Tissmogi
    So the op got his account hacked and blames SE for bad service, then calls one of the smoothest launches a bad launch? This thread is ridiculous even for MMORPG standards.

I was in full agreement until I read that line in yellow.. I mean come on...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

It is a sign of a defeated man, to attack at ones character in the face of logic and reason- Me

• Swedish_ChefSwedish_Chef of heroes, MSPosts: 213Member

Squeenix really has dropped the ball on customer service for a lot of people. Yes, there should be some leeway given due to the fact that the game has so far proven to be more popular than expected (and rightfully so IMO) & 'caught them napping', but you can only ride that chocobo for so long. Eventually they need to be held accountable for both their lack of foresight, and their relatively ineffective (so far) responses to the situation.

Squeenix has been given a second chance in an industry which does not often present the luxury of such a thing, and they need to quickly step up & do whatever it takes to make things right. If they botch things up too badly this time, I can pretty much guarantee there will not only be no further chances for FFXIV, but for Squeenix as a whole within the MMO industry.

On a personal note I'll add that FFXIV is the first FF game I've actually enjoyed since FF9, and I'd really hate to see it fail because Squeenix screwed up something which they should've had down pat by now, given their years of experience with FFXI.

• MiracleDownMiracleDown Saint Helena, CAPosts: 10Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Sithos

If you pay for a service and you have to try for days or weeks on end for any form of satisfaction then the company has failed horribly. At no point in this day and age should any paying customer have to spend that amount of time/effort to rectify a potential problem. It is simply unacceptable.  The OP has every right as a paying customer to stop paying them for what he perceives as craptastic service. Those who want to try to belittle or make light of him doing so are just furthering the idea that shitty customer service is the "norm" and is to be expected,or they use the fact that they spent weeks on end calling,emailing and such to fix a problem,as a badge of honor.Bad customer service is just exactly that..BAD. To state that it's OK because the game just launched shows a lack of basic understanding of how a company can retain it's player base. Any responsible company would have overstaffed for the initial influx and resulting complaints or issues.The cost/expense of doing so would have been far eclipsed by customer retention in the long run. Shows a spectacular lack of foresight.Sadly it's not just S.E that does this,it's done by the vast majority of MMO companies out there and we as the consumers keep making excuses time after time. Maybe one day we will stand up and let these companies know that it's no longer acceptable.

This exactly. Does anyone remember Tera's customer service at launch, and all throughout their subscription days? It was by far the best customer service I've received - anywhere! And it was that way right at launch - I remember because I called them to correct launch-related account issues, and to set up two annual subscriptions. I was amazed! They were so positive, too, and joked all the time. I loved it, and I miss it. :( I really think it would be great for companies to learn from events like this with Square-Enix, listen to customers, and buck up. Good customer service = return customers. This goes for anything.
  • TissmogiTissmogi Portland, OHPosts: 177Member
    Originally posted by Distopia

I was in full agreement until I read that line in yellow.. I mean come on...

What? Just 1 week of problems then it was fixed. The game is polished like no other game before, has tons of content and classes and the most stable client i have seen. You name me one, just one MMO that launched without any server issues and did not have missing classes, skills, auction house problems or game breaking bugs incl. economy rollbacks.

All recent MMO launches had multiple weeks of problems and game breaking bugs or missing features so yes, this was a really smooth launch.

Just name ONE that was this smooth, i dare you.

• Swedish_ChefSwedish_Chef of heroes, MSPosts: 213Member

Uhh... I'm sorry, but any launch where a sizable portion of your playerbase can't log in for either early access, or during the first week of release definitely doesn't qualify for the use of 'smooth' as a descriptor. Quite the opposite in fact.

Also, it would be remiss of me not to say that the OP's account troubles are merely the final event in a string of difficulties involving the less-than-stellar CS offered him by Squeenix thus far.

Edit: Games with better launches?

The Secret World (surprised a lot of people, but it was very smooth)

Lord of the Rings Online

TERA Online (velvety smooth)

Pirate 101

Planetside 2 (iffy, but I feel it was marginally better than FFXIV's)

Age of Wushu

Guild Wars 2

Rift

Scarlet Blade (horrid game, but launch was smooth)

Path of Exile

Diablo 3 (most difficulties were resolved in 3-4 days)

Shall I continue?

Edit: A few more! (Question was rhetorical anyway)

Wizardry Online (again, game quality is separate from launch 'smoothness')

War Thunder

Elsword

Marvel Heroes

AirMech (very underrated MOBA)

• icculus2112icculus2112 Richmond, VAPosts: 105Member

An MMORPG company has poor customer service!????

You don't say!

Anyone that lets a company's customer service be a reason for not playing an MMORPG plays no MMORPGs. 

• SiugSiug TallinnPosts: 1,236Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Spaceweed10
    Gold sellers are a cancer on MMO gaming - exterminate them all.

Yes! image