Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well I'm done!

124»

Comments

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

Reading this thread has convinced me to stay far away from FFARR. I was on the fence, thinking I would give them another week or so to figure it all out. Now I'm completely off of the fence. FFARR might be a decent game, but customer service counts in my book.

They still have not been able to open sales, and seeing how fast they are to ban without any way for the banned person to even find out why they were banned, I'm staying FARR FARR away from this one.

• JimmydeanJimmydean Member UncommonPosts: 1,290
    If only there were some kind of extra security measure people could take. They could even make it "token" sized so you could carry it around with you. Heck, they might even be able to integrate it into a mobile "app". Person who figures this stuff out is gonna be rich I tell ya!
    Originally posted by Jimmydean
    If only there were some kind of extra security measure people could take. They could even make it "token" sized so you could carry it around with you. Heck, they might even be able to integrate it into a mobile "app". Person who figures this stuff out is gonna be rich I tell ya!

This whole thread is talking more about customer service issues than a security issues. Either way their handling of just about everything during this launch has been laughable at best.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by SuperDonk

This whole thread is talking more about customer service issues than a security issues. Either way their handling of just about everything during this launch has been laughable at best.

it is what it is not goign to stop me from playing a good game

Originally posted by Raxeon
    Originally posted by SuperDonk

it is what it is not goign to stop me from playing a good game

It will stop someone like me from buying it though.

• TissmogiTissmogi Member Posts: 177
    So the op got his account hacked and blames SE for bad service, then calls one of the smoothest launches a bad launch? This thread is ridiculous even for MMORPG standards.
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Tissmogi
    So the op got his account hacked and blames SE for bad service, then calls one of the smoothest launches a bad launch? This thread is ridiculous even for MMORPG standards.

I was in full agreement until I read that line in yellow.. I mean come on...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• Swedish_ChefSwedish_Chef Member Posts: 213

Squeenix really has dropped the ball on customer service for a lot of people. Yes, there should be some leeway given due to the fact that the game has so far proven to be more popular than expected (and rightfully so IMO) & 'caught them napping', but you can only ride that chocobo for so long. Eventually they need to be held accountable for both their lack of foresight, and their relatively ineffective (so far) responses to the situation.

Squeenix has been given a second chance in an industry which does not often present the luxury of such a thing, and they need to quickly step up & do whatever it takes to make things right. If they botch things up too badly this time, I can pretty much guarantee there will not only be no further chances for FFXIV, but for Squeenix as a whole within the MMO industry.

On a personal note I'll add that FFXIV is the first FF game I've actually enjoyed since FF9, and I'd really hate to see it fail because Squeenix screwed up something which they should've had down pat by now, given their years of experience with FFXI.

• MiracleDownMiracleDown Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Originally posted by Sithos

If you pay for a service and you have to try for days or weeks on end for any form of satisfaction then the company has failed horribly. At no point in this day and age should any paying customer have to spend that amount of time/effort to rectify a potential problem. It is simply unacceptable.  The OP has every right as a paying customer to stop paying them for what he perceives as craptastic service. Those who want to try to belittle or make light of him doing so are just furthering the idea that shitty customer service is the "norm" and is to be expected,or they use the fact that they spent weeks on end calling,emailing and such to fix a problem,as a badge of honor.Bad customer service is just exactly that..BAD. To state that it's OK because the game just launched shows a lack of basic understanding of how a company can retain it's player base. Any responsible company would have overstaffed for the initial influx and resulting complaints or issues.The cost/expense of doing so would have been far eclipsed by customer retention in the long run. Shows a spectacular lack of foresight.Sadly it's not just S.E that does this,it's done by the vast majority of MMO companies out there and we as the consumers keep making excuses time after time. Maybe one day we will stand up and let these companies know that it's no longer acceptable.

This exactly. Does anyone remember Tera's customer service at launch, and all throughout their subscription days? It was by far the best customer service I've received - anywhere! And it was that way right at launch - I remember because I called them to correct launch-related account issues, and to set up two annual subscriptions. I was amazed! They were so positive, too, and joked all the time. I loved it, and I miss it. :( I really think it would be great for companies to learn from events like this with Square-Enix, listen to customers, and buck up. Good customer service = return customers. This goes for anything.
  • TissmogiTissmogi Member Posts: 177
    Originally posted by Distopia

I was in full agreement until I read that line in yellow.. I mean come on...

What? Just 1 week of problems then it was fixed. The game is polished like no other game before, has tons of content and classes and the most stable client i have seen. You name me one, just one MMO that launched without any server issues and did not have missing classes, skills, auction house problems or game breaking bugs incl. economy rollbacks.

All recent MMO launches had multiple weeks of problems and game breaking bugs or missing features so yes, this was a really smooth launch.

Just name ONE that was this smooth, i dare you.

Uhh... I'm sorry, but any launch where a sizable portion of your playerbase can't log in for either early access, or during the first week of release definitely doesn't qualify for the use of 'smooth' as a descriptor. Quite the opposite in fact.

Also, it would be remiss of me not to say that the OP's account troubles are merely the final event in a string of difficulties involving the less-than-stellar CS offered him by Squeenix thus far.

Edit: Games with better launches?

The Secret World (surprised a lot of people, but it was very smooth)

Lord of the Rings Online

TERA Online (velvety smooth)

Pirate 101

Planetside 2 (iffy, but I feel it was marginally better than FFXIV's)

Age of Wushu

Guild Wars 2

Rift

Scarlet Blade (horrid game, but launch was smooth)

Path of Exile

Diablo 3 (most difficulties were resolved in 3-4 days)

Shall I continue?

Edit: A few more! (Question was rhetorical anyway)

Wizardry Online (again, game quality is separate from launch 'smoothness')

War Thunder

Elsword

Marvel Heroes

AirMech (very underrated MOBA)

• icculus2112icculus2112 Member Posts: 105

An MMORPG company has poor customer service!????

You don't say!

Anyone that lets a company's customer service be a reason for not playing an MMORPG plays no MMORPGs. 

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Originally posted by Spaceweed10
    Gold sellers are a cancer on MMO gaming - exterminate them all.

Yes! image

• WebferretWebferret Member UncommonPosts: 90

Have not even played this rubbish game since it first released (Got sucked into buying a CE version) and I got an email today advising me of breaking the rules and my account is banned (checked my account on Squares site to be sure). I have not logged in fsince it first released and overly dont give two hoots either. But yeah looks as though there is some account data being stolen Square/Enix end if you ask me. I have had a stupidly long password of letters, numbers capitals etc, along with the keychain code garbage that came with the CE.

Personally I dont care though, They can have the account and never buying another product of that company ever again.

• JorendoJorendo Member UncommonPosts: 275

That reminds me about the first beta a few years ago. Square Enix problems with the beta started with the fact that the beta testers page was broken. If you tried to login it kept sending you back to the login screen. You needed to login so you could download the client so i reported this and found out many people had this problem. So SE does the following, they post a link where you could download the client elsewhere. However, that version of the client was broken too, for some strange reason your max download speed was around 5kb/s and the download was over 10 gig........

So another report was send their way by me and many others. SE fixes this and happily reports that we can now download the beta client from our beta tester page....the same page they still haven't fixed. Send another report about it even though after days of keeping the client download itself with 5kb/s i finally could play the beta.

Three months later the open beta starts and i finally get a mail from SE support saying to me "As of today the open beta started, your report is about the closed beta there for we can no longer help you", three months to get a automated mail saying my report was out of date.

Many other reports where made about the state of FF14 back then, SE all nicely ignored them cause they where too arrogant to listen to testers. Something that is typical for studios to do (not only MMO's, there are some nice articles out there about the live of a tester at big studios). But yeah....we all know the past of this game and how bugged and broken it was when released.

Right now I'm subbed and enjoying the game though, but the gill sellers are a huge problem. So many accounts are hacked. May i ask, do you have the pc or the PS3 version of the game? Or perhaps both? Cause i wonder if the massive amount of hacked accounts could be linked to the Sony hack a few years ago cause i believe your PS3 account is linked to your FF14 account no? And many people didn't really change their login info of that. If its not related i really wonder why so many accounts are already being hacked, did many of these people buy gill? Did they use the same account info as with other MMO's where one of them might have been hacked before?

• Synns77Synns77 Member Posts: 124

The real cancer are the players that buy from them, if they didn't buy then there would be no business for the gold sellers in the first place.

Originally posted by Tanvaras

Have not even played this rubbish game since it first released (Got sucked into buying a CE version) and I got an email today advising me of breaking the rules and my account is banned (checked my account on Squares site to be sure). I have not logged in fsince it first released and overly dont give two hoots either. But yeah looks as though there is some account data being stolen Square/Enix end if you ask me. I have had a stupidly long password of letters, numbers capitals etc, along with the keychain code garbage that came with the CE.

Personally I dont care though, They can have the account and never buying another product of that company ever again.

Considering that you're basing your opinion of the game on its original release, and your post history indicates very clearly that you've got something against Squeenix, I think it's safe to say that your claims of having an account with an authenticator compromised are quite frankly a load of bullsh*t.

You didn't like the original game's design? Fine. You feel so 'betrayed' by Squeenix that you won't give the overhauled game a fair chance? Also fine. But don't start spreading misinformation & lies because you've got a bone to pick.

I will also point out that behaving in such a manner only serves to discredit the legitimacy of other people's claims, which in turn actually helps Squeenix in the long run. Just some food for thought.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by Synns77

The real cancer are the players that buy from them, if they didn't buy then there would be no business for the gold sellers in the first place.

I agree with both, both are disease. BUT ..... as is impossible to exterminate both .... is up to COMPANY(!) that makes MMO to curb problem. And Square Enix is total failure in this regard. And mind it is 2013, not 10 or 15 years back in time.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

This! QFT!

And the worst is, that the vast majority of players that scream murder and fire about their accounts being hacked are the ones that use these RMT services and practically handed over their account info to them.  /facepalm

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by JeroKane

This! QFT!

And the worst is, that the vast majority of players that scream murder and fire about their accounts being hacked are the ones that use these RMT services and practically handed over their account info to them.  /facepalm

Couldn't agree more.

If you're stupid and lazy enough to want to buy an ingame advantage via illegal 3rd party RMT, then your "internet security habits" are probably equally stupid and lazy. If you want to get involved with criminals, expect that bad things will happen eventually.

• MirathelMirathel Member UncommonPosts: 137

tbh your account got hacked because of something you did not SE. Don't blame them for you not securing your account better (having a authenticator, having a better password, not using the same password as your email, etc.)

Glad my account is secure...sucks to be you.

• MirathelMirathel Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Originally posted by daltanious

I agree with both, both are disease. BUT ..... as is impossible to exterminate both .... is up to COMPANY(!) that makes MMO to curb problem. And Square Enix is total failure in this regard. And mind it is 2013, not 10 or 15 years back in time.

Show me a MMO that has fully fixed the gold seller/spammer problem, I will show you a game that never existed.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Mirathel
    Originally posted by daltanious

Show me a MMO that has fully fixed the gold seller/spammer problem, I will show you a game that never existed.

Various MMO´s have managed to fully stop gold seller/spam in the past years.

Just one example, as I am getting tired of writing the same thing Down repeatetly.

LOTRO for example, was "legaly" only available in Europe region, NA region and Australia.

Turbine was running the NA / AUS region and Codemasters was running the Europe region.

gold sellers and spam was insane after launch, With them having dificulties stopping it. So they took a drastric step by implementing a blanket IP ban of the Asian region, specifically targeting China.  And after that Block the IP´s of the Proxy services they tracked Down.

Guess what? A day later, ALL gold sale and spam had stopped! Never ever saw any gold spam nor received any ingame tell or emails anymore. Ever!

Ofcourse, in case of FFXIV that is available globally and everyone allowed to play on JP and NA/EU servers and visa versa, they can´t do that.

So they have to put different messures in Place, like chat filters, better blacklist/report features for players and manual labor of tracking Down RMT and ban accounts.

A hell lot more work and will take longer to achieve results.