Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you love the world of Eorzea ?

FoufletFouflet Member UncommonPosts: 7

Hello there !

Hello there !
It's me, Fouflet, the little french player from Belgium 
Eorzea, I don't know of what you think of it, but me, I love these landscapes. It's a magic world.
I'd like to share with you some videos about Eorzea.

The first one, my favorite, Limsa limsa !

The first one, my favorite, Limsa limsa !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWmfOwagUTw&feature=share&list=TL4VPi1mHWJ30

I love Limsa Lominsa... ocean view, the architecture... it's a wonderfull city.
And you, what do you think about Limsa Lominsa ?

In second, here is Gridania with her gigantic trees and her river :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNRirtecaiw&list=TL4VPi1mHWJ30

And the third, Ul' dah the city of the sun and the desert :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGYp0zFvUX8&list=TL4VPi1mHWJ30

The rest of the world are also full of magic and magnificent landscapes. Middle La Noscea make me dream.  These landscapes are amaizing.  

Middle La Noscea :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKg8dy_uxHU&list=TLH8plxDoWYFo

Central Thanalan : 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2E-5trMFPU

Central shroud :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caVznMQh8h4&list=TLQN4aCw9xmh0

I hope that you will like these visits of Eorzea in video !

Have a good day !

Fouflet

Comments

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486

This world really brings all the fan favorite final fantasy music, characters, classes, enemies, NPCs, etc. all to life in one game.

For that reason I love this world!

It all looks great too, but guess what? this is only the DirectX9 version of the game. They are working hard on a much more beautiful DirectX11 version that will be out ion Q1 2014 on PC and PS4.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    I'm torn between Ul'duh and Limsa.  In fact, I just did my grand company quests and moved from the first to the second.  the only thing I don't like... running everywhere.  I can't count the number of times I ran from East Thal to West Thal back and forth for one set of quests only to be sent across the world and then back and then across the world AGAIN.  Damn people, couldn't this be conducted via the mysterious earpiece you gave me?
  • FoufletFouflet Member UncommonPosts: 7
    I agree with you,  i hate running everywhere 
  • FoufletFouflet Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Excuse me, but can you say to me if there is a (sub)forum for youtube video ?
  • JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601
    I love the world.. one of the best MMO worlds in ages. Beautifully done and really feels like a "world." It is a tad small I agree, but it's still awesome.
  • Renegade0621Renegade0621 Member UncommonPosts: 1

The continent is called eorzea and the world is called hydaelyn. Just to clarify. I know some people are acting like the entire world is eorzea. 

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    i think i just like Eorzea, i would love it if i could swim around Limsa and dive to catch some rare fishes and algae

• SimsejensenSimsejensen Member UncommonPosts: 51

It might be decent graphics and all..

But there is like 0 things/content to do for an explorer/adventurer. 

Add some world puzzles, items from rare monsters, open world bosses, rare chest spawns.

Just add something :S

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Originally posted by Simsejensen

Add some world puzzles, items from rare monsters, open world bosses, rare chest spawns.

I agree with you on that.  Things like EQ2's collections go a long way.  Granted the game IS brand new....so we'll see what things they add as it goes.

• SimsejensenSimsejensen Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Originally posted by Kajidourden

I agree with you on that.  Things like EQ2's collections go a long way.  Granted the game IS brand new....so we'll see what things they add as it goes.

Yep. In todays MMORPG race, i dont think a company can hold onto their customers for along time. Hopefully they got something on their drawing board allready.

This game doesnt offer any new things to the table, and that isnt all that important (right now). But its missing some key stuffs for any modern mmorpg, if some stuff aint changed / added. People will get back to their original mmorpg, because its simply does a better job. Once the people gets over with the "Uhhh-new mmorpg-feeling" which usually lasts a month or 2, then its over. (wardrobe, exploring stuffs, some kind of rare item/mob farming, world bosses, housing!, puzzles) Im sure people could come up with more stuff.

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Originally posted by Kajidourden

Yep. In todays MMORPG race, i dont think a company can hold onto their customers for along time. Hopefully they got something on their drawing board allready.

This game doesnt offer any new things to the table, and that isnt all that important (right now). But its missing some key stuffs for any modern mmorpg, if some stuff aint changed / added. People will get back to their original mmorpg, because its simply does a better job. Once the people gets over with the "Uhhh-new mmorpg-feeling" which usually lasts a month or 2, then its over. (wardrobe, exploring stuffs, some kind of rare item/mob farming, world bosses, housing!, puzzles) Im sure people could come up with more stuff.

Housing is coming in a near future patch.  Old-school style housing with plots of land, etc.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

Visually appealing with very nice sound effects but that is all there it is. NPC are glued to one place, there is no life in city or outposts. As an explorer there is nothing to do or see and on top of that zones are small and surrounded by invisible walls which won't even let you jump of a ledge or hill if you want to take a shortcut. You have to follow the specified path.

beautiful looking world devoid of any life or adventure. Everything is static and bland.

• c0existc0exist Member UncommonPosts: 196
    The world is simply beautiful; day/night cycles, vegetation, distant landscapes, music.  The only thing i wish it had which is completely minor is i wish the airship was like it was in ffxi.  I know why its not in there because people are so impatient and dont want to play an experience anymore.  Nonetheless the game is good for an mmorpg in todays setting.
  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by drivendawn
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

Visually appealing with very nice sound effects but that is all there it is. NPC are glued to one place, there is no life in city or outposts. As an explorer there is nothing to do or see and on top of that zones are small and surrounded by invisible walls which won't even let you jump of a ledge or hill if you want to take a shortcut. You have to follow the specified path.

beautiful looking world devoid of any life or adventure. Everything is static and bland.

Wow you just don't like this game do ya buddy. lol

Have to disagree as well. With the dynamic weather, the sounds from cities,npc's making conversation and gestures at one another not to mention birds flying over your head and other things like that.

For me backgrounds and sound effects alone don't make an immersive world. If you can prove me wrong on other points go ahead. Show me NPC wandering around and not just stuck to one place, show me the freedom of movement and that you can go anywhere without being hit by an invisible wall. How ridiculous it is when you can not even jump over a small rock formation or a ledge and have to go around the whole thing to follow the path so nicely chosen for you by devs.

But hey we got weather sounds and it rains so it must be really immersive. Well not all of us have same idea of immersion doesn't mean i hate 'heh game'. That was quite a leap there.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by drivendawn

Wow you just don't like this game do ya buddy. lol

Have to disagree as well. With the dynamic weather, the sounds from cities,npc's making conversation and gestures at one another not to mention birds flying over your head and other things like that.

For me backgrounds and sound effects alone don't make an immersive world. If you can prove me wrong on other points go ahead. Show me NPC wandering around and not just stuck to one place, show me the freedom of movement and that you can go anywhere without being hit by an invisible wall. How ridiculous it is when you can not even jump over a small rock formation or a ledge and have to go around the whole thing to follow the path so nicely chosen for you by devs.

But hey we got weather sounds and it rains so it must be really immersive. Well not all of us have same idea of immersion doesn't mean i hate 'heh game'. That was quite a leap there.

Have to agree with this poster. First, OP, those were very well made videos, so thank you. Graphically, artistically, whatever you want to call it, this might be the most beautiful world. I enjoyed GW2 cities a lot, but this world is a lot more stunning. However, it suffers from the same things most MMOs currently suffer from, just NPCs that just stand there, no life, sure, they move there hands and move their mouths with no voices, but that is not a world that feels alive. Still waiting for them to make the game feel more stable at least before I dive in. Maybe Ill try this in a month or two.

There Is Always Hope!