Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Great game... Support is making me give up...

I was quite hyped some time ago about the game, played it during phase 1 of the beta and I really enjoyed how the game was. Then I tried it during phase 3 and it was simply amazing.

To be honest, this must have been one of the best game I've played in the last few years, the community was also quite exceptional, people were friendly and helpful.

However, I have been banned for roughly a week now due to a real money trader hacking my account, I have no idea how, but it happened. Since then, I learned something... Usually, I don't really care about the quality of support a gaming company provides, if you have a problem you talk with them somehow and it gets fixed, can take days to have feedback but it usually ends up being fixed.

This is NOT the care with SquareEnix. While the product might be very good, they customer service is the worst I've seen in 15 years of MMOs. I've seen quite a bit of stuff, companies banning player for pointing out a bug on the forums in the bug section, companies selling stuff "which will only be available this week" then putting the same item 2 weeks later at 10% the previous price... But SquareEnix is just on another level.

First of, when writing a ticket, don't expect an answer. You could write about a bug which makes you unable to log in, they might answer about how their mother cookies are tasty. This is literally what happened to me twice. Asked to know if my accounts were correctly linked BEFORE the game was released, was told they were not supporting this service... On September 5th, I posted about having a 3102 error, was told they fixed it on september 4th (indeed, my problem did not exists... I was a beast of the future. The lack of service there lead to my ban, since I had also realized there was a character I had never seen on my account when I logged on MogStation, I did put this information in my tickets but was ignored). These wonderful and useless answers also lead to a closure of your ticket, so you ALWAYS have to make new ones... 

Then there are the "mass tickets wipe" which happens there and there... Also, if you get the "We will answer to your ticket in 2 business days", you're done, open another one because this one has become useless.

The phone support offer two services, a busy signal and a waiting queue. I live in Canada, I called and waited for 1h then I had to hang up the phone due to the bill increasing.

The chat... Oh wonderful chat... First, it is hidden. I really had to find someone willing to give me a guide to access the chat. Once I got in I was sooo happy. I remember, I was #112 in the waiting queue... When I got to 1, a wonderful message appeared... Status: Canceled There are no agents available to chat with you right now. Please try again later. I tried again, same thing. Today I just got back from work, so I am giving it another shot before they close. Oh also, each time you try to reach the chat service it creates a ticket, so you get completely flooded with those.

To be honest, I am reaching a point where I am seriously wondering, was the game really worth all this... What if my problem gets fixed and something happens in a few months which will make me have to try to contact their support again ? Is all this trouble REALLY worth it ?

It is quite a shame to have such a quallity product with a completely awful customer service.

Comments

• ZenTaoYingYangZenTaoYingYang Member Posts: 354

Yoshida the game developer and director seems quit unhappy with NA/EU support teams. I am sure as how he revambed the awful websites and registerations into one single place " mog station ", he will be focusing on revamping the customer support system soon.

If you are for the long term, you will see improvments I can assure you, but if you just feel its not worth it well its your right.

• CaldenCalden Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by ZenTaoYingYang

Yoshida the game developer and director seems quit unhappy with NA/EU support teams. I am sure as how he revambed the awful websites and registerations into one single place " mog station ", he will be focusing on revamping the customer support system soon.

If you are for the long term, you will see improvments I can assure you, but if you just feel its not worth it well its your right.

I would be in for the long term if I could actually play the game ;)

I think it is somewhat simply sad to be banned for something I did not do and get no help at all =/

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    Originally posted by Calden

I was quite hyped some time ago about the game, played it during phase 1 of the beta and I really enjoyed how the game was. Then I tried it during phase 3 and it was simply amazing.

To be honest, this must have been one of the best game I've played in the last few years, the community was also quite exceptional, people were friendly and helpful.

However, I have been banned for roughly a week now due to a real money trader hacking my account, I have no idea how, but it happened. Since then, I learned something... Usually, I don't really care about the quality of support a gaming company provides, if you have a problem you talk with them somehow and it gets fixed, can take days to have feedback but it usually ends up being fixed.

This is NOT the care with SquareEnix. While the product might be very good, they customer service is the worst I've seen in 15 years of MMOs. I've seen quite a bit of stuff, companies banning player for pointing out a bug on the forums in the bug section, companies selling stuff "which will only be available this week" then putting the same item 2 weeks later at 10% the previous price... But SquareEnix is just on another level.

First of, when writing a ticket, don't expect an answer. You could write about a bug which makes you unable to log in, they might answer about how their mother cookies are tasty. This is literally what happened to me twice. Asked to know if my accounts were correctly linked BEFORE the game was released, was told they were not supporting this service... On September 5th, I posted about having a 3102 error, was told they fixed it on september 4th (indeed, my problem did not exists... I was a beast of the future. The lack of service there lead to my ban, since I had also realized there was a character I had never seen on my account when I logged on MogStation, I did put this information in my tickets but was ignored). These wonderful and useless answers also lead to a closure of your ticket, so you ALWAYS have to make new ones... 

Then there are the "mass tickets wipe" which happens there and there... Also, if you get the "We will answer to your ticket in 2 business days", you're done, open another one because this one has become useless.

The phone support offer two services, a busy signal and a waiting queue. I live in Canada, I called and waited for 1h then I had to hang up the phone due to the bill increasing.

The chat... Oh wonderful chat... First, it is hidden. I really had to find someone willing to give me a guide to access the chat. Once I got in I was sooo happy. I remember, I was #112 in the waiting queue... When I got to 1, a wonderful message appeared... Status: Canceled There are no agents available to chat with you right now. Please try again later. I tried again, same thing. Today I just got back from work, so I am giving it another shot before they close. Oh also, each time you try to reach the chat service it creates a ticket, so you get completely flooded with those.

To be honest, I am reaching a point where I am seriously wondering, was the game really worth all this... What if my problem gets fixed and something happens in a few months which will make me have to try to contact their support again ? Is all this trouble REALLY worth it ?

It is quite a shame to have such a quallity product with a completely awful customer service.

as for the gil seller hacking your account.. that doesn't just happen randomly out of the blue. you need to start examining your Internet practices, password strengths and browser security and anyone else who might use the same pc.

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

I think it is somewhat simply sad to be banned for something I did not do and get no help at all =/

you did do something you allowed through some action or failure of internet/pc security your account to be stolen and used for bannable purposes. Im sure that SE will work something out IF you are truly an innocent party but they HAD to ban the account  until things can be figured out. If you give up on the process its not their fault.

Originally posted by TribeofOne

as for the gil seller hacking your account.. that doesn't just happen randomly out of the blue. you need to start examining your Internet practices, password strengths and browser security and anyone else who might use the same pc.

Nobody uses my PC except me, my security is at a quite high level and if someone was to access my pc, there would be better stuff to do than sell gil.

This is the first time I ever had an account compromised, ran multiple antivirus already, nothing was detected. I also ran audits to make sure there wasn't a keylogger or something, nothing.  My password strength is quite fine and uses multiple type of characters.

With the amount of people in the same boat as I that I was able to find, I must say that I doubt I was simply "unlucky". This kind of thing could very easily have happened when they merged their services seeing how it was poorly handled.

Anyway, the problem of the service support remains. So sorry, but if I am to give up in the process it is due to their customer support, which is actually their fault for providing us with such a low level of support.

Originally posted by Tsuru

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/7360774bfa00f42c1264a0d58b41eaefc2aeef7b

posted on their news section.

Thanks, however I do not think this applies to my problem... I already changed my password on the day I realized a new character was on my account...

Followed their instructions though, changed it again... No result =/

If their damn chat would work for once -.-

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

There is saying that goes "too little; too late."

I'm afraid this may be what really is going to stop FFXIV from reaching the playerbase it was hoping to get.

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486
    Originally posted by grimal

I'm afraid this may be what really is going to stop FFXIV from reaching the playerbase it was hoping to get.

They already have way more players than expected. That is why they had to expand and create new servers.

Also when PS4 version comes out that will be a ton more players. The DirectX11 client for PC and PS4 will also be out around then and probably make it look so good that even more will join.

A few people quitting won't hurt anything.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by khameleon
    Originally posted by grimal

They already have way more players than expected. That is why they had to expand and create new servers.

Also when PS4 version comes out that will be a ton more players. The DirectX11 client for PC and PS4 will also be out around then and probably make it look so good that even more will join.

A few people quitting won't hurt anything.

Of course, it's all too soon to tell, but I am getting the feeling it's a lot more than just a few.  Word of mouth spreads fast and I'm reading a lot of grumbling about this one.

We shall see though.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Wow, if I didn't hear this story twice today, I wouldn't know what to say.

I'm sorry for your issues.  I'm hearing this repeatedly.  I have to wonder if I needed something if I wouldn't be put into your position.  So far, I've had a relatively flawless play through.

I hope they resolve your issue amicably so that way both parties win.  

• Sircampsalot08Sircampsalot08 Member Posts: 20

Nobody uses my PC except me, my security is at a quite high level and if someone was to access my pc, there would be better stuff to do than sell gil.

This is the first time I ever had an account compromised, ran multiple antivirus already, nothing was detected. I also ran audits to make sure there wasn't a keylogger or something, nothing.  My password strength is quite fine and uses multiple type of characters.

Your PC wasn't as safe as you thought it was and you either got suckered in by the phishing email that went out or you've inadvertently got a virus, must likely a trojan key logger.  SE's servers weren't hacked so you can tell right off the bat the breach wasn't on their end.  Don't fool yourself just because you run anti-virus/malware programs that you're 100% secure, you're not.
    Originally posted by Sircampsalot08

Your PC wasn't as safe as you thought it was and you either got suckered in by the phishing email that went out or you've inadvertently got a virus, must likely a trojan key logger.  SE's servers weren't hacked so you can tell right off the bat the breach wasn't on their end.  Don't fool yourself just because you run anti-virus/malware programs that you're 100% secure, you're not.

Indeed and the wave of accounts hacked lately is luck of the draw, come on now, they used the good old face saving way of saying "We've got a problem here" by asking people to change their passwords.

And no, I did not open any e-mail or anything. You people really need to stop thinking everybody is dumb as hell, seriously all the "excuses" given so far are stuff any script kiddie would know about. You are basically insulting the intelligence of anyone who's got hacked. I am reporting these posts now.

• Sircampsalot08Sircampsalot08 Member Posts: 20

Indeed and the wave of accounts hacked lately is luck of the draw, come on now, they used the good old face saving way of saying "We've got a problem here" by asking people to change their passwords.

And no, I did not open any e-mail or anything. You people really need to stop thinking everybody is dumb as hell, seriously all the "excuses" given so far are stuff any script kiddie would know about. You are basically insulting the intelligence of anyone who's got hacked. I am reporting these posts now.

You did something, otherwise your account wouldn't have been hacked.  It's really that simple.

SirCampsalot

• TissmogiTissmogi Member Posts: 177

It's always the same pattern and the same people. If you get hacked you either did something wrong or you actually deserved the ban. In all of my 30 years on the internet i had not a single account of mine hacked ever. I have seen plenty of PCs though that where infected with trojans and keyloggers, users that use the same stupid password on every service and click on anything without thinking.

It's not the game or customer service that is bad, it's you that is bad at securing your accounts.

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Originally posted by TribeofOne

you did do something you allowed through some action or failure of internet/pc security your account to be stolen and used for bannable purposes. Im sure that SE will work something out IF you are truly an innocent party but they HAD to ban the account  until things can be figured out. If you give up on the process its not their fault.

Companies also get hacked all the time. His data could have easily been compromised through their systems. Not saying that is what happened. Just saying it is easily possible.

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793

Come back in 2 weeks or a month and keep working with suport if you are in it for the long haul.

And no, Square is not very good with support.

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• EphexeEphexe Member UncommonPosts: 8

You did something, otherwise your account wouldn't have been hacked.  It's really that simple.

SirCampsalot

Not necessarily. Even Blizzard has had a major hacking fiasco shortly after Diablo III's release, during which thousands of accounts were compromised overnight simply due to a fault in their server security that allowed  hackers to access every account's information. Needless to say, that game instantly lost a very large portion of its players.

Blizzard immediately opened up rollback requests that allowed you to rollback your account approximately 24 hours, and they also forced everyone who got hacked to change their password AND apply an authenticator for their accounts, or else your account would still be locked. I'm not saying this was the best response to such a disaster, but at least they ACKNOWLEDGED the hacking incident and did SOMETHING in response.

I am a direct primary source of these facts, as my and several of my friends' accounts were hacked. And I am 100% confident when I say that I did absolutely nothing but play the game, yet still was a victim of this particular hack wave.

That said, this is BLIZZARD we are talking about. Post-WoW titan-of-the-market Blizzard. I despise the new Acitivision Blizzard, but I acknowledge that they are a far superior company in handling these issues. If this shit can happen to Blizzard, it can sure as hell happen to SE. The difference is SE's piss poor customer service and horrendous response to what seems to be an ongoing hack wave clearly indicates the incompetence of SE as a company.

• Hitman211Hitman211 Member Posts: 52

Im just really glad that ive never had to use support in any game ive played.  Never actually had an issue I couldn't resolve myself.

I think its kind of strange to quit a game over something like customer support, and seems like only someone who didn't like the game and was looking for a way out...which sounds strange still since you can leave anytime.

I would imagine support might not be great, especially when you consider that a majority of claims they have to sift though are people with issues they can solve themselves..which make service worse for those who actually need it.  Another reason im happy to not have to deal with it.

I will say ive seen many people who seem to care more about customer support than the actual game..strikes me as odd but whatever.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178

I have the same problem however this had happend in version 1. I wanted to check back into my account and it was banned. Contacted support and I was told banned is banned. Manage to get them to look into it (I told them I am sure they find some wierd IP adress that would clearly not be mine. How hard could it be to prove.) They promised to look. Send them my ID.....and now we are 9 month along. Ask them multiple times how it going and they still looking into it.

I do not care if they tell me they could not proof it was hacked and it was not me who did the RMT. As long as they at least take the time to look into it. 

Originally posted by Hitman211

Im just really glad that ive never had to use support in any game ive played.  Never actually had an issue I couldn't resolve myself.

I think its kind of strange to quit a game over something like customer support, and seems like only someone who didn't like the game and was looking for a way out...which sounds strange still since you can leave anytime.

I would imagine support might not be great, especially when you consider that a majority of claims they have to sift though are people with issues they can solve themselves..which make service worse for those who actually need it.  Another reason im happy to not have to deal with it.

I will say ive seen many people who seem to care more about customer support than the actual game..strikes me as odd but whatever.

You seems to be missing the point... Can't play the game at all, account banned, no other way to get back in-game than customer support... Non-existant. Tickets doesn't work, calling doesn't work, chat doesn't work... Customer support is never the first thing I look at for a game, it is actually one of the last. However, sometimes by the past I've had other issues, character bugged (rare nowadays since most game have included some stuck commands), recently I had to use GW2 support on their launch because I wasn't able to receive the e-mail to activate my account... It's quite rare when I think about it that I have to use customer support, however when I need it, it becomes the most important thing in the moment since it usually blocks me from playing.

If you can't see how not being able to play the game at all can make you go away, I am sorry but I don't think I can explain to you the situation any better.

Also, I am quite sure that anybody with an average attention span could realize that the point of my post was that their support was terrible. My problem might be that my accounts are not linked for all I care, the support remains terrible.

Originally posted by Coman

I have the same problem however this had happend in version 1. I wanted to check back into my account and it was banned. Contacted support and I was told banned is banned. Manage to get them to look into it (I told them I am sure they find some wierd IP adress that would clearly not be mine. How hard could it be to prove.) They promised to look. Send them my ID.....and now we are 9 month along. Ask them multiple times how it going and they still looking into it.

I do not care if they tell me they could not proof it was hacked and it was not me who did the RMT. As long as they at least take the time to look into it. 

How did you do to actually get an answer from them ? So far, nothing worked on my side...