Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just bought this game

JuzaaJuzaa Member UncommonPosts: 31
Alright, so I just bought this game and now am patching it. Please tell me; is it really worth the 40e and have I bought a dying game?

Comments

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848
    Those sound like questions you should have pondered before making your purchase...
  • LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

It's still the best MMO on the market.

Just hotkey everything. If you use the radial wheels, you're not gonna have a good time.

Join up with a clan, and enjoy the world.

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?378187-update-please&p=6157734#post6157734

If you're able to handle the frustration of a company that treats its playerbase with the type of announcements in that thread, then you might be one of the few that can enjoy UW.

• EndoRobotoEndoRoboto Member Posts: 275

Lol classic douche-baggery right there.

I played this game for about a week before I 100% regretted even trying it. It has potential, but it's such a rough gem that very few will ever enjoy the faint glimmer of beauty this game hides inside of its blackened, crap-stained exterior.

• korbzykorbzy Member Posts: 30
    I still enjoy it, as the other poster suggests... bind your keys read uziks faq guide and join a clan.
  • Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

The answer to the OP's question depends on a number of things.

If I was still a schoolboy or a student and I was currently in my summer holidays, I might be playing Darkfall (with all that lovely free time on my hands).

However, at the moment, I want my great accomplishments to be in the real world. So I've got no time for Darkfall at all.

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360

This is the only MMO I play these days.  The best MMO since UO :-) . Check this video

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• OberholzerOberholzer Member Posts: 498
    Originally posted by Juzaa
    Alright, so I just bought this game and now am patching it. Please tell me; is it really worth the 40e and have I bought a dying game?

Always more helpful to ponder these things prepurchase. Hope you enjoy it though!

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549
    Originally posted by gamekid2k

This is the only MMO I play these days.  The best MMO since UO :-) . Check this video

Your comment is very misleading. It implies that UO is comparable to Darkfall.

Darkfall is a 'sandbox', with not that much sand, albeit with a strong PvP mechanic. UO has the unique distinction of being a stong sandbox + themepark in its day.

So OP, how is the game going?
  • JuzaaJuzaa Member UncommonPosts: 31
    Well, I have to say that I do enjoy the game. It is really refreshing to play something so much different than these mainstream mmo's.
  • gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    Good to hear that you are enjoying it. I myself is in the same boat as you except I been playing since April.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64
    Those sound like questions you should have pondered before making your purchase...

What a lame reply/wannabe sarcastic reply.  Are you capable of giving a proper response to his question?  The OP didn't ask, hey can someone give me a smart A$$ response to my question?  If he did, then your reply would be fine.  You need to work on your social skills my friend, if you reply this way to people in RL, I'm assuming you work alone in a corner in a basement somewhere and have minimal relations with people.

With that part over with, I'm interested in a bigger write up from the OP on what he likes about it, and more in depth.  I'm on the fence about buying this game.

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • MakidianMakidian Member UncommonPosts: 208
    I just started playing last week and I'm loving it so far. Like everything pretty much, open world that is huge, total freedom you do what you want. No themepark there are no quests instead there are feats to accomplish which involves pretty much whatever you do in the game. No levels instead there is prowess points, and you get stronger as you get more prowess. Controls are hard to get used to but once you pass that hump your all good. Great game so far Im alittle mad I never gave it a try earlier.
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    crap.  I would buy it but, I'll be living in Asia soon so the difference in latency would get me killed with this game having FPS twitch combat.  though I heard the game is in Asia for free BUT, there wouldn't be a English client to use in Asia I doubt.  Which sucks haha.

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686
    Originally posted by Lustmord

It's still the best MMO on the market.

Just hotkey everything. If you use the radial wheels, you're not gonna have a good time.

Join up with a clan, and enjoy the world.

If it is the best MMO on the market as you claim then can you answer me why Europe shard is loosing subscribers in a ever increasing rate?

Guilds have left the game out of boredom and crybabies that have been sitting beside their zaptowers now loose their cities cause they know nothing about PvP. I have to give a tribute to the new PvP alliance AAS that eat these noobs up one by one. They get what they deserve.

There is no new patches and DFUW is a incomplete game where 50% of promised features still isnt in the game.

So to me it looks like the game is dying on the Europe shard and it is dying fast.

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by Juzaa

No you wasted your money now move along:P

Why do people first buy a product and then wonder if product is even good is beyond me? Did your parents or school not learn you to investigate first and explore before buying a product?

Good luck with DFU hope you like it.

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• ClassicstarClassicstar Member UncommonPosts: 2,697

Originally posted by time007
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64 Those sound like questions you should have pondered before making your purchase...
    What a lame reply/wannabe sarcastic reply.  Are you capable of giving a proper response to his question?  The OP didn't ask, hey can someone give me a smart A$$ response to my question?  If he did, then your reply would be fine.  You need to work on your social skills my friend, if you reply this way to people in RL, I'm assuming you work alone in a corner in a basement somewhere and have minimal relations with people.

With that part over with, I'm interested in a bigger write up from the OP on what he likes about it, and more in depth.  I'm on the fence about buying this game.

You my friend should learn some critics to and you lack even more social skills looking at your reply lol

Hope to build full AMD system RYZEN/VEGA/AM4!!!

MB:Asus V De Luxe z77
    CPU:Intell Icore7 3770k
    GPU: AMD Fury X(waiting for BIG VEGA 10 or 11 HBM2?(bit unclear now))
    MEMORY:Corsair PLAT.DDR3 1866MHZ 16GB
    PSU:Corsair AX1200i

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64

Well, it's never to late to actually learn something is it? I mean, Common sense dictates that spending money on something one knows nothing about is a bit backwards. Maybe the OP will take that advice to heart. Or maybe it will take him getting burned one too many times. But it seems he likes the game so "waste of money averted"

Given the highlighted part it seems that's a bit of advice you follow. Why shouldn't this gem of knowledge be shared?

Your rather bellicose remark give me the indication that Dark Fall might be up your alley.

In any case Dark Fall is a breath of fresh air in a somewhat slick yet dull landscape of mmo's. It does feel a bit "made by me" in some cases but if you get yourself into a guild, and quickly, you will experience a decent game. Provided you can overlook some of the "not so polished" aspects of the game. However, some of that is just cosmetic.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • BarCrowBarCrow Member UncommonPosts: 2,195
    crap.  I would buy it but, I'll be living in Asia soon so the difference in latency would get me killed with this game having FPS twitch combat.  though I heard the game is in Asia for free BUT, there wouldn't be a English client to use in Asia I doubt.  Which sucks haha.

They are working on their Korean launch. Not sure where in Asia you're moving but it would still probably be better than nothing. Providing you can communicate well enough in the language or if there is a decent  english speaking population on the server.

I bought it on Steam for $19.99. Looks like it could be good. I liked messing around in the game for a few weeks but it does require a bit of time and really should be the only MMO in your playlist ( maybe one of only two). I myself hop around between more than a few so if I get in the mindset to devote a good chunk of my free time to one game then I might re-sub.

This game will go free to play shortly imo. They have lost so many players, my clan has gone from 80 members with a lot of those active to 15 members and 5 active. No they didnt quit the clan, they were kicked because they have quit.... such a shame this game is dieing.
  • koturakotura Member Posts: 2

Why dont you answer the question instead of giving him useless knowledge. Im pretty sure he doesnt have a time machine

so be helpful and answer him or shut your trap

gooka malaka

• koturakotura Member Posts: 2
    exactly! :)

gooka malaka

• KnutCupKnutCup Member UncommonPosts: 21
    Unholy Wars is typically developing into a fantastic game, there is content coming out, and there will be much more as time goes on. Users that have quit, are coming back because content is being added and bugs are being eliminated, latency was an issue, but I think that they (A.V.) are working out the bugs, Lag freezes were an issue for me, but the last 2 sieges I have not encountered any freezes :) I am a dedicated Fan Boy because, simply, there is NOTHING else out there that even remotely comes close. I do not regret rolling either one of my chars. Very important to get involved in a clan asap, cuz this game is tuned to group play mostly. Fight the Zergs, join with Seek and Destroy.
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by korbzy
    This game will go free to play shortly imo. They have lost so many players, my clan has gone from 80 members with a lot of those active to 15 members and 5 active.

They first one never went FTP, despite people chanting the same doom. Maybe your clan just isn't very good? My clan has been swelling.