Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Tequatl Rising Coming September 17th

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The first information about the next Guild Wars 2 update has been released on the official site. Called "Tequatl Rising", the update will feature the return of an evolved Tequatl, new rewards, new WvW features and much, much more.

Something’s gotten into Tequatl the Sunless. This ancient dragon, scourge of the Splintered Coast, has become more formidable than ever, with an arsenal of new attacks and lethal tricks at its disposal. To stop this rampaging beast, you’ll join forces with old friends and new allies in a desperate battle where failure is a very real option. Tequatl has risen – and it will take an army of players to bring it down!

Read more on the Guild Wars 2 site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Tequatl..sounds like a bad cocktail drink which might give you a killer hangover next morning.
  • ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515
    Originally posted by Bigdaddyx
    Tequatl..sounds like a bad cocktail drink which might give you a killer hangover next morning.

You sir, are a GENIUS! *runs to the nearest bar*

This is not a game.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • spaniard81spaniard81 Member Posts: 59
    Originally posted by cinos

Did not expect the update to all of the bosses. That's a nice surprise.

Looking forward to see how they play. :)

Looking forward to the new LFG tool as well as the new addons to WVW. GW2 just keeps on getting better! :)

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

awsome!!!

that typhoon looked amazing!!!= surfin anyone?

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by orbitxo

awsome!!!

that typhoon looked amazing!!!= surfin anyone?

Depends.  Think they'd allow me to use a board made out of a Karka shell?

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    New update sounds amazing with the new boss fixes and then of course the new drop system for Tequatl. I will be waiting to do the that plus the group finder is going to help alot.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    The LFG tool is what's going to finally bring me back. I grew so sick of going on a website to find people for a dungeon.

Smile

• dontadowdontadow Member UncommonPosts: 1,005
    So wierd, yesterday I was thinking that they should redo one or two of the bosses and turn them into "scarlet like" zone events with different tactics in different areas.  Even with a god of war like instance battling on top of hte dragons 
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    I started GW2 around 4-5 days ago and I am loving it!
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • LevicusLevicus Member Posts: 22
    Epic. Can't wait to see the new WvW features!
  • jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

WvW gets flame ram mastery!

Are they serious?

I just can't get interested in this game anymore until I see some major effort put into WvW.

• zastenzasten Member Posts: 283

Unless they improve the drops from these godlike creatures, I doubt I will put much effort in to killing them (yet another back item does not mean much to me)!

At present, the only reason for killing them is for 1 or maybe 2 yellow items, to sell on tp. You NEVER get anything usefull!

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by zasten

Unless they improve the drops from these godlike creatures, I doubt I will put much effort in to killing them (yet another back item does not mean much to me)!

At present, the only reason for killing them is for 1 or maybe 2 yellow items, to sell on tp. You NEVER get anything usefull!

You can get ascendant weapons and the skin will relate to Teq. Also more stuff just naming my main reasons lol.

So in near future, there will be a reason to kill him. You WILL get something useful!

Hope this help ya, cause that was my worry as well, which is no more when I had heard the news.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• ESSKAESSKA Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Originally posted by jacklo

Are they serious?

I just can't get interested in this game anymore until I see some major effort put into WvW.

They changed the entire zone and added new areas to capture. Do a little research..

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by RizelStar

You can get ascendant weapons and the skin will relate to Teq. Also more stuff just naming my main reasons lol.

So in near future, there will be a reason to kill him. You WILL get something useful!

Hope this help ya, cause that was my worry as well, which is no more when I had heard the news.

Also a point which a lot have seemed to miss is that you will get minor rewards based on how far you take him down too. Even if you fail you should be able to get something to help make the time worthwhile.

Oh yea I missed that as well thanks for adding that.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• jakinjakin Member UncommonPosts: 243

Are they serious?

I guess you missed this then:

NEW RUINS OF POWER IN WORLD VS. WORLD

Big changes are coming to the eternal war in The Mists!  Each borderland map in WvW has been redesigned to include five new Ruins of Power—capture points that armies can battle over in order to earn lethal Bloodlust boosts for everyone on their server!

That would be a negative not a positive.  The new capture points are interesting, but putting bonuses on them that favor whatever server can afford to hold those points plus operate normally is a bad idea.

• Originally posted by jakin

Are they serious?

I guess you missed this then:

NEW RUINS OF POWER IN WORLD VS. WORLD

Big changes are coming to the eternal war in The Mists!  Each borderland map in WvW has been redesigned to include five new Ruins of Power—capture points that armies can battle over in order to earn lethal Bloodlust boosts for everyone on their server!

That would be a negative not a positive.  The new capture points are interesting, but putting bonuses on them that favor whatever server can afford to hold those points plus operate normally is a bad idea.

Are u really serious about this?

• YgdradYgdrad Member UncommonPosts: 4

I think you need to learn to enjoy games for the gameplay and not just the virtual rewards. I don't care how bad the reward is going to be, I wasn't fighting the dragons because they were lame, easy, and un-fun. If there's some challenge and fun to be had, I'll be participating again.

People need to relearn to play just for the sake of playing.

• zastenzasten Member Posts: 283
    Originally posted by Ygdrad

I think you need to learn to enjoy games for the gameplay and not just the virtual rewards. I don't care how bad the reward is going to be, I wasn't fighting the dragons because they were lame, easy, and un-fun. If there's some challenge and fun to be had, I'll be participating again.

IMO

I only play them because of what they have to drop. This is because IMO they are too dam hard already and not worth the effort. I most likely will go and try it once, once they change it, and when I see that every body is dead (and not just me), I will leave and not try again!

It will most likely end up like jormag, with every body running to attack at certain times and running away the rest of the time. No real challenge when it is just a matter of being in the right place at the right time to make one attack out of what ever pathetic number of attacks are required to kill the beast!

So, yes, IMO, make the reward worth the effort (or at least make it playable and not boring)!

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Ygdrad

IMO

I only play them because of what they have to drop. This is because IMO they are too dam hard already and not worth the effort. I most likely will go and try it once, once they change it, and when I see that every body is dead (and not just me), I will leave and not try again!

It will most likely end up like jormag, with every body running to attack at certain times and running away the rest of the time. No real challenge when it is just a matter of being in the right place at the right time to make one attack out of what ever pathetic number of attacks are required to kill the beast!

So, yes, IMO, make the reward worth the effort (or at least make it playable and not boring)!

Too hard? They are loot pinatas at the moment.

• ConleyConley Member Posts: 195

Dragons too hard? Are you kidding me? They are piss easy right now. That's what they are finally fixing in the next patch. Also the current loot isn't bad at all if you consider the small time investment.

Looking at the video's of Tequatl I'm loving this fight. At last the promise of challenging and complex open world raids is made true. 

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    They are finally balancing them.  They won't be able to be zerged finally.