Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Well I'm done!

Comments

• SilacoidSilacoid Member UncommonPosts: 237
    So you are quitting because you let your account get hacked when they have a built in system to prevent that.  Either way, coming on here to inform us of that decision isn't really necessary.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Originally posted by eccoton
    Originally posted by Soki123
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Ikeda
    Originally posted by DMKano 

Rift for example they make acct mgmt SO EASY, why SE has to make their stuff so obtuse is beyond me.

I think that's the Japanese in them to be completely honest.  They just think differently.  It's not bad, it's just... different.

And I wouldn't know.  The ONLY digital authenticator I have/had was Rift.  My other ones (WoW, ToR, FFXIV) are on a keychain near my desk.

I understand they are Japanese and that culturally things that make sense to them are unique, that's fine.

However if you have your game in US/EU regions you should localize the acct mgmt as well, not just the game. QA teams should have identified this as an issue - its too damn confusing - have acct mgmt localized as well.

I mean for pete's sake have a link in the launcher that says - Did you know you can secure your login with a FREE smartphone app - click here to learn how.

How hard would that be??

Because it is right IN FRONT of Your face every single time you log into Mog Station or the Game Launcher itself!

Every SINGLE time you see the option to fill in a One Time password! With right under it a link: "What is One Time Password?"

Click link and voila: http://www.square-enix.com/na/account/otp/

How much more easy do they need it to make? When they practically FACEPALM you With it in the login section of the Launcher!

PS. You can also just use Your own head and do a search for Square Enix in either GooglePlay or iTunes and the software token pops up right in Your face.

Thank you, was going to respond, you beat me to it. Really funny how people don t read, and it s the company's fault.

Did you even read my 1st post? It is not only about the suspension, it seems to be issue after issue. At some point as a customer you say enough is enough. You have not reached that point but I have. almost no access for a week, double billings, suspension, inablility to get to CS, These thing spread out over a year in an mmo might be tolerable but all this at launch in only a few got me to that point of not wanting to deal with it anymore. It is not only me this is an issue with SE and FFXIV. It puts a bad taste in my mouth and I am done giving them the benifit of the doubt. There are other places to spend my entertainment dollars. SE does not seem to want them.

Obviously, you didn t even read what I m commenting on.  I m responding to the people that can t see how easy it is to access and use the ONE TIME PASSWORD. I m not even going to respond to your OP, as you re apparently not caring what anyone is saying, don t even like the game much, and well, IMO, just here to start a thread to whine, and bash anything anyone says. As I stated, I wasn t even talking to you.

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Originally posted by Husvik
    Originally posted by Ikeda
    I'm trying to understand... You're upset because you had a soft enough password/habits that allowed your account to be hacked?  Or the fact that you couldn't get someone immediately on the phone from Square?  Because I know it took me 4 hrs of waiting on the phone with Blizz when my account got hit during the Curse debacle.  It then took 2 days worth of emails to sort out my account.  Ever since, I used a one-time code generator whenever avail.  And it IS available for this game.

First we are not talking about Blizzard. I have a very secure password. I am an experienced mmo player since 1996 with Meridian 59. I have been hacked before and in WOW and yes it took 2 days. I also said I know I can fight this and work hard to reverse it since I was hacked. What I was pointing out is that after the enitial hype and excitement of the game with so many issues for over two weeks and now I find SE has a hard time with keeping account secure and a hard to reach customer service I find I am done. An example of a good game (not great imo) but I just can not bring myself to keep dealing with SE's issues with games like WOW and Rift out there. I am sure I am not the only one feeling this.

You've been hacked before?

I've been playing pretty much as long as you have and have been hacked a total of Zero times (knocks on wood). I'd readdress your password procedures and of course scan your machine regularly, or stop using soft passwords. Use the onscreen keyboard to log in. Use different email address for different accounts

See if you are logging into your account in location "A" and all of a sudden you log into your account in location "B" (including different IP) your account is immediately locked. So when they logged into your account it was immediately locked. I know i went through this as i logged in at a friends house, i then had to go to my email and unlock the account.

So for this to happen they had your account password and your email password, that's not sounding good. Are you using the same password for both, are you using the same password or very similar password for other games?

Ok guy let's get this straight. I know all about passowrds and the possible issues with passwords. I have been online in mmos since 1996 and i have been hacked  only twice once in WOW and here in FFXIV. I understand that even a good password and a player who is knowledgable can get hacked. First I do not even know I was hacked since I can not get to CS. It might be another issue. The e-mail i recieved said I violated user agreement and the section on gold selling or buying was quoted. The date was 9/9. I did not log in yesterday or ever bought gold in any game pure and simple. I realize I can spend  a few days to a week to fix this but why should I be put through another hassle? The reason I statred this thread was not about hacking, passwords, or being suspended. It was I am simply tired of the continuing issues with this game and how SE deals with it. Your experiences maybe be different and flawless but mine is plagued with continuing issues. As a customer I am simply tired of dealing with it for a game that is good but not great for me.

Hey i'd be PO'd too. What I'm trying to point out is that for them to have hacked your account they would have to had:

Your email address and password - definitely

and possibly started with

Your game userid and password - maybe

I guess the bottom line here is change your email password now!

Scenario 1) If they did have your game userid and password your account would have been instantaneously locked then would have to be unlocked via your email.

Scenario 2) They simply used your email account to gain access to your game userid and change your game password.

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    Originally posted by Silacoid
    So you are quitting because you let your account get hacked when they have a built in system to prevent that.  Either way, coming on here to inform us of that decision isn't really necessary.

I will respond with respect since you have been a member since 03. Like you I come here to discuss my mmo experience and to inform others about mine not yours. If you read my post you will see I like the game. If you have been following SE you will know their customer service has a history of being bad.

I think someone who is experienced on mmos and understands the issues with a launch and finds a company to be falling short of what a customer should expect is a good reason to come here and post their experience. It is up to your to decide if it has any bearing on your feelings about the game and company. This is one of the main sevices mmorpg provides a forum to relay our experiences. If you notice I have been here like you many years and this is one of my first post about a truely negative experience with a game company.

• RalstlinRalstlin Member UncommonPosts: 234

not trolling just my thoughts.

And if i am wrong then:

You got hacked? your fault. Probably a random not-secure FFXIV site, a trojan, anything. I have been playings MMO since90s too and never got hacked. And if i get someday, i will not claim my rage over service, because is not that they sneaked your password,  was YOUR fault.

"It is just not worth the effort." 

Dont worth the effort to recover your account, but yes to come forums and write 2 paragraphs about how bad SE is. If u dont care, u dont care and u dont come here to cry. If u care, u had to call them and wait whatever is needed, emails etc. IF you care but you dont want to contact them is because u know is your fault. and thats why i think u bought gold.

as i said, Byebye.

• eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    Originally posted by Ralstlin

not trolling just my thoughts.

And if i am wrong then:

You got hacked? your fault. Probably a random not-secure FFXIV site, a trojan, anything. I have been playings MMO since90s too and never got hacked. And if i get someday, i will not claim my rage over service, because is not that they sneaked your password,  was YOUR fault.

"It is just not worth the effort." 

Dont worth the effort to recover your account, but yes to come forums and write 2 paragraphs about how bad SE is. If u dont care, u dont care and u dont come here to cry. If u care, u had to call them and wait whatever is needed, emails etc. IF you care but you dont want to contact them is because u know is your fault. and thats why i think u bought gold.

as i said, Byebye.

I will refer you to my earlier comment:

I think someone who is experienced on mmos and understands the issues with a launch and finds a company to be falling short of what a customer should expect is a good reason to come here and post their experience. It is up to your to decide if it has any bearing on your feelings about the game and company. This is one of the main sevices mmorpg provides a forum to relay our experiences. If you notice I have been here like you many years and this is one of my first post about a truely negative experience with a game company.

As far as gold all I can say is I never bought or sold gold. Nothing I can do to make you believe this but I have not. I am pointing out in my case a long line of issues with FFXIV it is not only the suspension. It was also the double billing and launch issues.

• teknotazteknotaz Member UncommonPosts: 112
    i had this problem with NCSoft. account got hacked, got it banned, call NCSoft, got it back, and got banned again because a GM thought i was the gold seller. people need to verify IP's before thinking. everytime you log in to and game, it records your IP.

• MiracleDownMiracleDown Member UncommonPosts: 10

Well Square Enix just lost my business. After the messed up launch, I received an e-mail that my account has been suspended for gold selling. They say the violation happened yesterday, I did not even log in yesterday so my account was already hacked. Now I realize I can fight this but I tried to contact SE by phone and could not get through. It is just not worth the effort. 

I liked the game but this last weekend I did not play much only about 2 hours. I just did not have that fever to log in. I would be keeping my account for at least a few months even though FFXIV did not take me away from WOW or Rift it was good enough to continue to play and I wanted to give it a chance. However all the hassles are just not worth fighting through. So the reason I am leaving is not the game itself, it is ok, but SE handling of the game and my account. This thread is not to attack the game or get others to leave it is a good game but to show at least one customer is leaving because SE just does not have it together and I am tired of waiting since there are plenty of other options.  It just is not worth the hassles for me.

It's a good thing you didn't get through to someone on the phone, because you wouldn't have been any happier. I don't believe I've ever received such bad customer service from any company. Here's a quote from a thread I made on the official forums about the ordeal: (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/87165-Playing-two-characters-simultaneously)

"I just got off the phone with Square-Enix customer service after being on hold for 50+ minutes only to be hurried off the phone by a woman who claimed that the "implied statement" in the FAQ article above was simply "lost in translation," from Japanese to English (even though they list the same information here: http://support.jp.square-enix.com/fa...5&id=5383&la=2, as does Europe here: http://support.eu.square-enix.com/fa...5&id=5383&la=2), and that players are actually not able to play more than one character at the same time without having to pay for two separate game copies, and two monthly charges for two separate service accounts. If this is the case, why would the article read, "To use 3 characters simultaneously," and then state that only 2 registration codes are required?

I then asked her for instructions on how to get to the live chat section of FFXIV: ARR's support page, because I've been scowering the internet for instructions, and I thought if I got them directly from Square-Enix, I couldn't go wrong. However, her instructions were vague, giving me this link (http://support.na.square-enix.com/) and telling me that I simply had to click on FFXIV and open up a new ticket.

As I had already spent plenty of time searching this site, I asked her if she could sit with me while I got to where she was instructing me to be. She told me that she couldn't wait on the phone with me to fill out a new ticket and that she had other customers to assist. I reassured her that I only wanted to confirm that I was doing what I was supposed to be doing, per her instructions, and I asked her to please be patient with me, and she continued to make me feel very rushed, and agitated (still feel sick to my stomach after being off the phone for about 45 minutes).

I was silent. Panicked. I literally could not think while I was on the phone with her. She made me feel like an idiot.

"Hello? Hello...?" she asked.

I kept reassuring her that I was still on the phone with her as I was hurrying through the support page to find any possible inkling of "LIVE CHAT." She told me that she could answer any remaining questions I had and that I didn't need to even go to live chat in order to get an answer (I just wanted a second opinion - I got the feeling she didn't know about the topic). As I was doing this, she said, "Thank you for calling Square-Enix. Have a good day." and hung up on me.

Now, I'm sure other players can attest to the fact that "LIVE CHAT" can be found nowhere within FFXIV's support sections. This hadn't occurred to me to be a definitive fact until after the call with support ended."

I honestly don't want to give them any more money if they can't treat their customers with due respect. For a game company, great customer service should be at the top of its priorities. I got the game for about $17-18, and I have yet to pay for any subscription - I think I may just keep it that way. There are plenty of other great subscription games coming down the pipes, and their customer service cannot be as atrocious as it is at Square-Enix.

• TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297
  • Darknessguy64Darknessguy64 Member Posts: 233
    Sorry to lose you OP. Good luck with your next game.
  • Hitman211Hitman211 Member Posts: 52

I cant believe someone fell for the old 'your account has been hacked please log in with the link" things.

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554

I would just state yoru story to SE, they can tell where the account in question was logged in from etc, Thing i do not understand though is that if your account was hacked why would the password still be the same?  I mean anytime I have heard about accounts being hacked the password is generally changed and you cannot change it back without a huge episode with support (In most cases).

I am not trying to assume this but did you buy gold within the game? That will also get you banned as its against the EULA/TOS, Or have you bought gold from a company before for another game? Usually dealing with these asian scumbags results in nothing good in the end.  Player Auctions for instance was accused of stealing hundreds of game accounts from players that has used their site for purchasing virtual items.

So basically what I am saying is that your story is hard to believe unless you have not attempted to deal with SE support more than once, and if you have give it time...so many people playing the game atm...just be patient.  But if you did buy gold in game or previously for another...then you only have yourself to blame.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Sorry but it is YOUR FAULT. If you are hacked it is YOUR OWN FAULT. Whether its visiting shady websites or reusing passwords, it would be on your end. Sure, the slow support isn't helping, but in the end the situation is on your end.

Sorry, just feel its silly how you complain about this. Yes, support could be better but this issue is 100% on your end and your fault.  Hopefully it teaches you to be more careful with your passwords or where you surf or what you download.

• DrCokePepsiDrCokePepsi Member UncommonPosts: 177

Well Square Enix just lost my business. After the messed up launch, I received an e-mail that my account has been suspended for gold selling. They say the violation happened yesterday, I did not even log in yesterday so my account was already hacked. Now I realize I can fight this but I tried to contact SE by phone and could not get through. It is just not worth the effort. I liked the game but this last weekend I did not play much only about 2 hours. I just did not have that fever to log in. I would be keeping my account for at least a few months even though FFXIV did not take me away from WOW or Rift it was good enough to continue to play and I wanted to give it a chance. However all the hassles are just not worth fighting through. So the reason I am leaving is not the game itself, it is ok, but SE handling of the game and my account. This thread is not to attack the game or get others to leave it is a good game but to show at least one customer is leaving because SE just does not have it together and I am tired of waiting since there are plenty of other options.  It just is not worth the hassles for me.
    As a seasoned ex-runescape vet, this was the norm in gaming unfrotunately, bastards/ cancer to the industry just hack, and fuck with people all the time, nothing gets me angrier than someone who is so unfortunate that they have to hack accounts for pleasure, and I'm equally as angry at the bastards who ruin the industry with gold-spam and the such.

I'm quite sorry for you man :/ FFXIV, though not quite the sandbox ive been waiting for, is the next best thing that has come to the industry as of late and hope we can play together at a later date. Whatever gets you down, come back stronger than ever.

As for your lack of faith in the game as of right now, this is one of the rockiest launches I've seen in a while, don't lose hope, this game WILL if not be BETTER than the customer service, stability, and bug-free content than other mmos out today after everything is handled.

Never fear, your dream MMO will be here....
    just give me a decade or two to finely hone my Game development
    and design abilities as well as start a Game Design Studio.
    Thank you for your patience.
  • LugorsLugors Member UncommonPosts: 184

I am liking the game as it is right now, but just like a restaurant with great food and lousy service, why would you go back. Understand, if you get your account hacked, SE will get around to banning you, and you will need to buy another box if you want to keep playing. This is win/win for SE, because if you are dedicated, they will get another sale, and if not, then you aren't there to clog up the servers.

SE 's overly complex and entirely needless registration system greatly contributes to this problem making phishing all the more likely. You wind up putting your email, password, game code in dozens of times in order to get the game registered and working. One phishing email in the middle of your registration process is all that it will take.

Players do bear some of the blame in this to by practicing poor account security. Gold sellers have lists of emails and passwords from other games they've hacked. Anyone using the same email and the same password for another MMO increases the likely hood of getting your account hacked. And anyone buying gold is obtaining it from a gold seller who hacked an account to get it.

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748
    Originally posted by grimal

Yep.  There are countless posts about this all over their forums (or at least the ones they haven't removed already).

But there are some in this thread and website that would rather blame the player because they feel threatened when you criticize the company or game.

I think this information needs to be out there because people are having issues left and right on a variety of different levels and one should not be allowed to silence these just because the game happens to be your little darling at the moment.

No one is saying in this thread it´s the player´s fault!

This crap With Customer Support happens With EVERY SINGLE MMO and expansion launch!

We are in the middle of an initial rush period of launch!

They are completely overloaded.

Again! Try reach ANY support of ANY MMO at launch / expansion launch!

Good Luck! As you will encounter the EXACT same.

It was the same With WoW and each of their expac launches.

It was the same With EQ2 and each of their expac launches.

It was the same With Turbine, TRION, NCSoft, EA/Bioware, etc

I have to disagree wholeheartedly from my personal experience. I had problems requiring CS in WoW, EQ2, and Rifts, all within the first week of launch of either the game or the expansion, and I doubt I waited more than ten minutes each time for someone on the phone who helped me solve my issue. Blizzard of late has gotten VERY good and very streamlined. I reclaimed a hacked account and got all of my stuff back (from a reasonable roll back point) from an account that had been dormant for two years in less than 15 minutes from the time I dialed the call.

I am not saying others did not have problems, but my experience (and that of my wife and friends) with the companies I mentioned have been very good, and very fast, even in crunch times.

A responsible company would triple their staff with temp workers during launches.

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829
    Originally posted by Naral
    Originally posted by grimal

Yep.  There are countless posts about this all over their forums (or at least the ones they haven't removed already).

But there are some in this thread and website that would rather blame the player because they feel threatened when you criticize the company or game.

I think this information needs to be out there because people are having issues left and right on a variety of different levels and one should not be allowed to silence these just because the game happens to be your little darling at the moment.

No one is saying in this thread it´s the player´s fault!

This crap With Customer Support happens With EVERY SINGLE MMO and expansion launch!

We are in the middle of an initial rush period of launch!

They are completely overloaded.

Again! Try reach ANY support of ANY MMO at launch / expansion launch!

Good Luck! As you will encounter the EXACT same.

It was the same With WoW and each of their expac launches.

It was the same With EQ2 and each of their expac launches.

It was the same With Turbine, TRION, NCSoft, EA/Bioware, etc

I have to disagree wholeheartedly from my personal experience. I had problems requiring CS in WoW, EQ2, and Rifts, all within the first week of launch of either the game or the expansion, and I doubt I waited more than ten minutes each time for someone on the phone who helped me solve my issue. Blizzard of late has gotten VERY good and very streamlined. I reclaimed a hacked account and got all of my stuff back (from a reasonable roll back point) from an account that had been dormant for two years in less than 15 minutes from the time I dialed the call.

I am not saying others did not have problems, but my experience (and that of my wife and friends) with the companies I mentioned have been very good, and very fast, even in crunch times.

A responsible company would triple their staff with temp workers during launches.

They also would of included some kind of account lock for a different IP.  I find these amazing in security, sure they are a hassle for people who travel, but overall they are excellent for stopping hacks.

As others have said, they make an APP and sell a security key.  If you don't want to use either, that's your own fault.  You can have one of a billion machines that you can purchase that let you have an added layer of security.

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861

i've been hacked before, it really sucks. i utterly despise bots and gold seller with the passion of a thousand suns, but that doesnt stop you from getting hacked. if you used a unique password its probably because you visited 3rd party final fantasy websites for databses/guides/ info etc. a lot of the times they have malware on them from the banner ads that will infect your computer and steal your information.  

i'm sorry for loss. the real only way to prevent it is to use the one-time password thing. but honestly they should have made it more clear what the hell one time password is, or that you should strongly use it. i am used to the phrase "authenticator" so i had no idea what the hell one-time password meant.  also, its launch. they are probably hideously swamped right now so its going to be fun dealing with customer service right now. its not an excuse, but its typically like this with all mmorpgs.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• VoqarVoqar Member UncommonPosts: 510

This is kind of lacking in details.  The chances of someone being truly hacked are so very slim.  Most "hacking" is due to people having horrific security and usage behaviors.

For ex, I recently heard of someone in game who got hacked and was blaming SE for it and crying about getting restored.  Turns out they had the same username and password for both FFXIV and the recently hacked LoL/Riot, which was public and where it was explicitly stated to change your info.  If you're dumb enough to use the same usr/pwd for multiple services AND don't change them when they get hacked...well...yeah...bend over.  IMO, SE would be doing an extreme kindness to restore somone who gets hacked this way, or by dealing with RMT, or doing other incredibly stupid things.

Premium MMORPGs do not feature built-in cheating via cash for gold pay 2 win. PLAY to win or don't play.

• mastersomratmastersomrat Member UncommonPosts: 373
    No worries, not missing much...that I saw anyway.  Played archer to 10, then switched to Bot (got it to lvl 9).  OMG, I thought I was going to hang myself....it is sooooooooo boring.  The combat was...okkyyy..at least they kept me moving.  Looking forward to trying or playing Wildstar.
  • PimpNastyPimpNasty Member UncommonPosts: 30

I had the exact same thing happen to me this past weekend. First I could not log in, so I do everything to find out why my account says in is "not registered". When I log on to the SE site, it says my account is suspended, but did not say why. I change my password, and sign up for the android one time password key. Still no luck.

On Monday i get an accusatory email stating my account has been terminated for gold farming.....here is the text......

Dear Customer:
    This notice is to inform you that we have suspended the FINAL FANTASY XIV service account registered to this e-mail for one or more violations of the FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement that occurred on 9/9/2013. Specifically, you have violated following Section(s) of the FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement.

------------------
    SQUARE ENIX ACCOUNT TERMS OF USE
    1. Registered Users
    Use of the Website or Services is limited to those satisfying the following conditions:
    (b)You represent and warrant that you will not use the Website or Services in any manner that is in violation of this Agreement or of any applicable law or regulation;

FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement
    2.2 Real Money Trading, Farming and Power-Leveling.  You may not sell,purchase or exchange for real-world money or value any in-game currency,accounts, characters, in-game services, or in-game virtual items.  Youmay not play the Game for the purpose of acquiring virtual items or advancement in game play on behalf of a third-party or for the purpose of selling any virtual assets to a third party for real-world money, specifically including  $B!H (Bgold-farming $B!I (Band power-leveling services.
    ------------------
    Every action we issue is based on conclusive evidence of a violation and is reviewed for accuracy.  Here is an excerpt from the activity log regarding this termination:

Based on the actions in this most recent incident and any prior record on the service account, we have terminated the FINAL FANTASY XIV service account registered to this e-mail in accordance with the FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement.  To best understand the penalties taken against the service account, please review the Account Penalty Policy section on the Support Center at the following link:
    http://support.na.square-enix.com/rule.php?id=5382&la=1

For information on prohibited activities in FINAL FANTASY XIV, please refer to the Square Enix Account Terms of Use, the FINAL FANTASY XIV User Agreement, and the following URL:
    http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5382&la=1&kid=68216

As your account has been terminated due to a violation, you will be unable to create another FINAL FANTASY XIV service account.Unfortunately, you have shown yourself to be unwilling to follow the rules of the FINAL FANTASY XIV community.  If we find that you have created another FINAL FANTASY XIV service account, we reserve the right to terminate that account as well in our sole discretion.

NOTE:  If you suspect the violation resulted from unauthorized access to the FINAL FANTASY XIV service account or the actions of an unauthorized third party who is not your parent or legal guardian, or if there are other points you wish to clarify, please contact the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.
    http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5382&la=1&kid=68228

This message has been sent to you for notification purposes only, and we are unable to address further inquires via replies to this email. Should you have any additional questions or concerns, we ask that you visit the SQUARE ENIX Support Center at [http://support.na.square-enix.com/] to contact us directly.

- SQUARE ENIX Account Administrator

.................................................................................................................................................

Notice the highlighted areas of this letter. They amount to a flat out assault om my personal integrity. My opinion is, due to the fact this is made a matter of record in a publicly traded company amounts to libel, slander, and defamation of character, and may be worthy of a lawsuit. As I have been a gamer since PONG came out I take my gaming very seriously. It is my hobby and has always been a huge part of my life. The email plainly states they have CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE that they REVIEWED FOR ACCURACY, but no rep could tell me what the evidence was. I spent an enormous amount of time trying to get them to fix this, but all they told me is it has to be investigated in JAPAN, and they would let me know in time with no ETA. SO i get NO DETAIL, NO EVIDENCE, and NO ASSISTANCE. I will let everyone on a little hint.....The main switchboard number for SE is 310-321-6004...they are many extensions that start with 600*. You can get into all kind of departments if you really want to speak to a live voice, not that it will do you any good. I got on the line with their legal department and got a gentleman who, while obviously a pretty cool dude, could only try to calm me down with vague blanket statements and very few answers.

The emailed accusation really pisses me off. I did not do anything except play the game i paid for, which at this point is no more than a paper weight. I have never been anything but honorable in gaming. Have never cheated, exploited or hacked EVER.

Now here is the kicker......Back in 2010 I contacted them about a possible intrusion on my account. I found the old ticket when i went to review a support ticket issued on this subject. In the meantime I forget about it. There is no reply to the ticket, no contact made with me, no phone call, and they did absolutely nothing when given information about a security breach on their system. When I brought this up the rep said "oh we sent you an email....." Funny thing is they never investigated the issue that was brought to light......They drop the ball and I have to eat $40.00 for their incompetence. You would have thought that would be enough to reinstate the account, but it was not even close. They could not tell me when the infraction happened, what it was or any time frame at all as to when this will be fixed

When I saw this post I began to wonder, is this just a way for them to temporarily purge the servers so they can handle the load?

Again, the main switchboard number for SE is 310-321-6004. If everyone calls that number maybe they will realize they need to staff up quickly. No one wants to spend 1/2 a day on the phone trying to get some support. SE should be ashamed of the way it has treated their core base of players. We gave them a second chance after their last huge failure and they never even thought to give me any consideration in this scenario at all.

There is no reason for any delay in reactivating my account. Either they have  CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE that I personally did something or they do not. Fact is they don't and now they just simply refuse to make it right anywhere near as fast as they made in wrong.  I doubt they will ever see another dime of my money on any game ever again, i don't care what it is or how much it is hyped. The guy in the legal department actually apologized. That was appreciated, but it did not solve my problem. I will ponder filing suit. I do not know that I have the time or energy, but i do so want to make an example out of them for the lack of consideration they have not just shown me, but everyone else this has happened to. Just plain shameful.

• SithosSithos Member UncommonPosts: 315

If you pay for a service and you have to try for days or weeks on end for any form of satisfaction then the company has failed horribly. At no point in this day and age should any paying customer have to spend that amount of time/effort to rectify a potential problem. It is simply unacceptable. 

The OP has every right as a paying customer to stop paying them for what he perceives as craptastic service. Those who want to try to belittle or make light of him doing so are just furthering the idea that shitty customer service is the "norm" and is to be expected,or they use the fact that they spent weeks on end calling,emailing and such to fix a problem,as a badge of honor.

Bad customer service is just exactly that..BAD. To state that it's OK because the game just launched shows a lack of basic understanding of how a company can retain it's player base. Any responsible company would have overstaffed for the initial influx and resulting complaints or issues.The cost/expense of doing so would have been far eclipsed by customer retention in the long run. Shows a spectacular lack of foresight.

Sadly it's not just S.E that does this,it's done by the vast majority of MMO companies out there and we as the consumers keep making excuses time after time. Maybe one day we will stand up and let these companies know that it's no longer acceptable.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    First I am sorry your account got hacked. Second, most peoples accounts that get hacked is their own fault. Using the same email all over the web and the same 3 passwords. Being a IT guy it drives me nuts trying to tell people who are educated to be smarter. Third, people like you should not be permitted to play new MMOs till they have been out 2-6 months. Been MMOing for 14 years and this launch is by far from good but not outside the norm. WoW still holds the books as the worst MMO launch I have ever seen. They haded out so much free time the first month because of server down time I almost had 3 weeks free play time. The also had to keep maxing out rest exp because they were down 3 days at a time. I played that game for 6 years because it was a good game. Never expect a good MMO launch, just hope for one and roll with what comes or dont play. This is a grown ups world.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

If i remember they tell you to specifically not use the same passwords as other accounts in other places,that is the only way your account gets hacked.

The worst place is in Emails one possible is Yahoo email.They can use key loggers or steal information just by you simply clicking an email,never having to go to any sites.So in this day n age,you should never click any email that you do not know as being 100% legit.You can hover your mouse over an email to see the actual sender,i always send them directly to the spam.

Reason why all those lame email businesses like Yahoo for example don't allow blocking is because they don't want you blocking their advertisers.

As to fighting it,you don't need to fight anything,you can simply take care of that process online however it is a bit tricky and why i prefer phone calls,the support people are very limited in their ability to help,seems YOU need to ask the right questions to get the proper answer.

Anyhow you mention you were hacked and want a roll back.They will want you to confirm it but not really tell you how to do it,again be persistent in your questions.They ask for you to sign a document stating you are going to forfeit your only chance at a roll back and allow them to investigate.When happened top me i was actually pissed because it was a no brainer,my account was logged in via Japan,i live in Canada.A foreign country login should NOT happen,so i blamed them for lack of security even though i realized it was my stupidity for clicking an email i did not check closer,i simply reacted to a user name that the email used to fool me.

It is a bit of a bs process,but you can understand how FULL protection must be utilized so they ask for photo ID and a singed document.They limit your size of file but it is not possible to combine the two with legibility so you will have to send two separate files,one with photo one with document.Point is you cannot expect them to simply make changes to your account,especially after it was hacked,without some form of PROOF/ID.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AstropuyoAstropuyo Member RarePosts: 2,178

At what point is the OP going to take responsibility I wonder?

Most of the time if not all of the time an account hacked is your own fault.

You did something incorrect and you were caught up in it.

You easily can read the lodestone and they speak directly as to why they lock accounts.

You clearly made the mistake and unless suddenly we find SE has a lead* in their security?

This is on you. 100%.

Stop being a wah wah and recognize your own mistakes.

Or you can keep justifying your little whine and gripe and your OWN incompetence.

Edit: *Leak not lead.