Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No sign of digital sales resume date yet...

As it seems the Sept. 12th Maintenance is about new content to Worlds, enhancement of instanced Worlds and Duty Finder performance, and solving several confirmed issues. Not a word about resuming game sales. So we have to wait until at least next maintenance (Sept 19th?).

Comments

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030

Really only two things to do:

A) Wait

B) Play something else

actually, there's always C) Both lol

• HorActiHorActi Member Posts: 33
    I'm sure it's worth waiting. Currently I'm fooling myself that it's actually a paid closed beta, and the actual launch of the game will happen in October, lol. 
  • KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    Although I haven't seen any new/zombie posts about server issues....I would say that at least once you're able to buy it you will not have these issues.  An assumption on my part...but a safe one methinks.
  • TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435

There are trusted websites you can use to download a digital copy. Companies that literally bought up cd keys and resell. You pay a couple of dollars extra a friend of mine did it and paid a 3 dollar mark up which I thought was pretty okay. He isn't on right now so I can't get the link but I believe he got the link from reddit. 

Hope that helps

• buckeyebuckeye Member UncommonPosts: 70
    There are still plenty of box copies available in stores. They should get it there if they don't want to wait for digital download to resume.
  • Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Originally posted by Tsumoro

There are trusted websites you can use to download a digital copy. Companies that literally bought up cd keys and resell. You pay a couple of dollars extra a friend of mine did it and paid a 3 dollar mark up which I thought was pretty okay. He isn't on right now so I can't get the link but I believe he got the link from reddit. 

Hope that helps

Oh I didn't know that. I've had a few friends that sent me in to check out the game. Last week I convinced them this is where we need to be. They couldn't buy the game this past week and were pretty pissed at my assessment sad to say. I hope I can get them back.

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

• dx2killadx2killa Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Idk if I'm blind or what but yesterday when i was looking to purchase the game online it said sales were suspended and none in stock. I went and bought a physical copy last night and checked online for my friend on square enix store and it no longer has that message and says they are in stock so you may want to check.
  • SharkypalSharkypal Member Posts: 1,137

This is pretty pathetic tbh.

A 3 year old game, re released and two weeks later digital sales are still suspended?

I understand 'teething' problems etc but these guys are shooting themselves in the foot with this kind of behavior.

At the very least, set a date, so people know when they can expect to be able to buy the game.

Leaving people in the dark with no ETA just serves to annoy potential customers.

And I agree, many people who are angry about this will run out and buy it the second it is available (myself included) but it doesn't excuse this type of behavior when you are trying to win back customers and promote a game that tanked extremely badly when it was first released.

• dx2killadx2killa Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Sorry that was for a physical copy only. I would try best buy if you honestly want to play mine had about 10 left in stock!
  • MagicabbageMagicabbage Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by buckeye
    There are still plenty of box copies available in stores. They should get it there if they don't want to wait for digital download to resume.

No there isn't. Gamestop stores where I live (there has to be like 10) all are sold out, as well as Walmart. They get like one copy in every other day and it's gone before it hits the shelves.

• HangedManHangedMan Member Posts: 2

All of the stores in my area (Bestbuy, Gamestop, Walmart) are sold out. I found one copy a two hour drive away but no way am I doing that.

The cd key prices are going through the roof. Allcdkey is up to $56.99. A few extra bucks is fine but I'm not going to pay close to double retail price.

Guess I'll just have to wait.

• FelverickFelverick Member Posts: 5

Yeah it appears they have the physical copies in stock which doesn't seem like they did before.

I'm in the same boat where it does seem to be sold out around here so physical won't be an option. It's like a 2-3 hour ordeal just to get to the bestbuy in my area and their online site says 'not available online or instore'. 

I hope it's soon but at the same time they'll start it when they are ready. People think its some sort of vindictive measure. The thing is they can't sell them digitally when they need to deal with new customers with physical copies coming in all the time. They can't shut down brick and mortar retail and distribution. The copies are printed and on their way. 

• Iceman8235Iceman8235 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    Originally posted by Felverick

Yeah it appears they have the physical copies in stock which doesn't seem like they did before.

I'm in the same boat where it does seem to be sold out around here so physical won't be an option. It's like a 2-3 hour ordeal just to get to the bestbuy in my area and their online site says 'not available online or instore'. 

I hope it's soon but at the same time they'll start it when they are ready. People think its some sort of vindictive measure. The thing is they can't sell them digitally when they need to deal with new customers with physical copies coming in all the time. They can't shut down brick and mortar retail and distribution. The copies are printed and on their way. 

The issue with that is that from everything I've read the game has been fine since the fixes they implemented and this was 3-4 days ago.  How long do they need to evaluate the fixes before they see that it's okay to reopen digital sales?  I don't know if I've ever seen a company try so hard not to take my money :p  I like that they're putting their current customers' satisfaction over an immediate increase in revenue, but I think they're in good enough shape to at least reopen digital sales for a while.  Maybe they could turn them on for a day or so and then re-evaluate?

• OmnifishOmnifish Member Posts: 616
    Originally posted by HorActi
    I'm sure it's worth waiting. Currently I'm fooling myself that it's actually a paid closed beta, and the actual launch of the game will happen in October, lol. 

Pretty much the longest beta in history by this point ;)

This looks like a job for....The Riviera Kid!

• gostlygostly Member UncommonPosts: 134

Originally posted by Iceman8235

The issue with that is that from everything I've read the game has been fine since the fixes they implemented and this was 3-4 days ago.  How long do they need to evaluate the fixes before they see that it's okay to reopen digital sales?  I don't know if I've ever seen a company try so hard not to take my money :p  I like that they're putting their current customers' satisfaction over an immediate increase in revenue, but I think they're in good enough shape to at least reopen digital sales for a while.  Maybe they could turn them on for a day or so and then re-evaluate?

Ah yes, the old cartmanland strategy. Don't let people in for a while and then slowly let them in.

• FelverickFelverick Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by Felverick

I wish they'd turn digital sales on for a day or so as it'd get people like us that are watching and want in able to play but from a business standpoint it'd be better to just be able to handle the demand and leave them on for good. 

The reality is the demand is far greater then anyone could have anticipated. Based on the sales stats for the game from the last couple weeks they sit at 500k subscribers when they only anticipated 250-350 for the first while. They are most likely waiting to reopen when they can handle 1-2m players or atleast have the infrastructure in place that they can upgrade things fast. Unlike the current time. 

Gimme mah digital sales!!
  • MelkrowMelkrow Member Posts: 278
    Meh, I've just checked my local stores, all GameStops within 50 miles sold out, all Best Buy stores within 50 miles sold out.  There is one Wallmart store 32 miles away that shows they have it in stock..... yeah not gonna do that.

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Played: Darkfall, EVE, AoC, Ryzom, Ragnarok Online, GW2, PS2, Secret World, WOW, City Of Heroes/Villains, Champion Online.
  • VeldekarVeldekar Member Posts: 220
    Ordered a box from Amazon and got it two days. Don't forget that there is still a physical world out there that will deliver you stuff...
    Originally posted by Veldekar
    Ordered a box from Amazon and got it two days. Don't forget that there is still a physical world out there that will deliver you stuff...

I have an order pending with amazon and I have amazon prime, but right now to receive the physical boxed version of the game it says "usually ships within 2-3 weeks."  If I had to guess that's probably the message they use when they currently don't have any in stock, but know a shipment is coming to their warehouses at some point in the near future.  Anyway, I expect digital sales to resume before my copy ships from amazon at which point I'll just buy it digitally and cancel the amazon order.

• VeldekarVeldekar Member Posts: 220
    Originally posted by Veldekar

I have an order pending with amazon and I have amazon prime, but right now to receive the physical boxed version of the game it says "usually ships within 2-3 weeks."  If I had to guess that's probably the message they use when they currently don't have any in stock, but know a shipment is coming to their warehouses at some point in the near future.  Anyway, I expect digital sales to resume before my copy ships from amazon at which point I'll just buy it digitally and cancel the amazon order.

I guess they may be out of physical copy's by now since there are no digital sales. Well, I hope they lift the suspension soon so that peeps can get into the game :)

• SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759

This whole launch failure and digital sales delay has me reconsidering my interest in this game. One of my favorite things about launch is that most people are pretty much at the same level, same gear, and same skill. If I still can't get into the game this week I will likely just wait on the next launch.

I don't care if that makes me a mmo "locust" or not. If I wanted to play a game where everyone is already at max level with me starting a the beginning, I would pick a game that has already been out for a while and fixed most of their problems.

Originally posted by SuperDonk

This whole launch failure and digital sales delay has me reconsidering my interest in this game. One of my favorite things about launch is that most people are pretty much at the same level, same gear, and same skill. If I still can't get into the game this week I will likely just wait on the next launch.

I don't care if that makes me a mmo "locust" or not. If I wanted to play a game where everyone is already at max level with me starting a the beginning, I would pick a game that has already been out for a while and fixed most of their problems.

I know what you mean.  The longer you get into a game after it's release the less of that launch "magic" you get to feel.   There will probably be an entire new wave of players to start with after the digital sales resume, so unless the higher levels running around ruin the fun for you I think you should be ok.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    No sign of any physical copies either atleast from ebgames in Australia which is where I checked.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I believe it is a matter of them seeing server login's come to a point where they can handle more people.I do not believe they have or will add any more servers,they are simply doing what every developer does by undercutting need then waiting for things to slow down.

There was obviously a ridiculous mad rush,people were playing very long hours and noted by the many who already have level 50 players and crying for more to do.I played 3 Beta weekends which is around 8-9 days or so and i played a lot and i only got a couple players to around level 25 and 20.

It means players are still playing way too much,so the server load is probably near maxed.only a guess as to when it might slow down,maybe another 2 weeks is possible.

The next patch is probably more code to help reroute players so that each server is equally used allowing for maximum server use.So it is possible if things look better for each server after this next patch,maybe 2-3 days after that.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.