Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Recommend a game for me

• AmjocoAmjoco Layton, UTPosts: 4,789Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by BearKnight
    Originally posted by JMK90

I'm looking for a mmorpg to play.

Here are some games I played:

I enjoyed playing Tera for a short while, but it turned out to be too party-heavy for me. I enjoy playing solo and play party rarely. The reason why I enjoy playing solo is because I don't want to be burden for other players. I started out as a lancer in Tera and the fact that "lancer dies, party dies" concept of the game was overwhelming for me. I was literally traumatized when my whole party died because of me. I always soloed BAM ever since I started to play, and that for me, was the fun part.

I played Diablo 3 for quite a while then I stopped playing because I ran out of things to do in the game.

I played something called DFO because my friends played. The game was from South Korea and was very refreshing and enjoyable. However, lack of update killed the game.

I also played Atlantica Online. Not enough people in the game anymore.

Basically I like games that:

- are solo-friendly

- requires player skill

- has lot of players

- has extensive end-game contents (farming is never fun)

- has frequent updates

Final Fantasy XIV

Don't believe these people about GW2. It requires ZERO skill, and primarily the game is about zerging public encounters for easy no-thought exp and rewards. The combat system will bore you within about 2weeks at the most.

I've found FFXIV to get harder and require smarter players as the levels increase, but that's just my experience.

I would try FFXIV but they still don't even sell a digital copy.  

I can't make comparisons between GW2 and FF, but GW2 is far from what you describe. It may be in your opinion that it requires zero skill, but the game challenges most of us everyday mmorpg fans. /shrug

If FFXIV is the common quest hub game I'm not sure I want to play it anyway. Unless the PvP makes up for it! /sacrasm

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• a7folda7fold St. Louis, MOPosts: 56Member Uncommon

I thought I would throw it out there because no one has mentioned it yet. 

Dragon's Prophet - The game's combat is similar to that of TERA, however, I think it's actually quite a bit better than TERA's. It's far more fast paced in my opinion. 

It is currently in Open Beta and is launching on September 18. Characters will not be wiped from Open beta though so you can start playing now if you wish.

It is a Free to Play game with a cash shop. There are those who complain that the cash shop is too expensive in the game, but I strongly disagree. I barely have bought anything, and there really is no need to buy anything. Buying items from the cash shop is more of a convenience than a necessity. 

The quests are your very typical kill X / Collect Y quests, but there is plenty to go around so you will never be short of levels or things to do. Also it has some pretty cool group content if you wish, but also the dungeons can be solo'd if you chose to do so. Basically, there is no healer class and everyone just uses potions. You have to use potions/dragons/action based rolls to defeat harder bosses which is awesome. 

The dragon concept of the game is very neat, you basically can train any dragon and use them for a variety of things. Collecting materials for crafting/Combat/Skill training. Also they can be used as a mount from the moment you get one. 

I recommend giving it a try, you have nothing to lose just playing through the first 10-20 levels. 

• Sk1ppeRSk1ppeR PlovdivPosts: 511Member
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

Guild Wars 2.

Combat is even better and more dynamic than Tera, and also more relying on player skill.

And the game has updates every two weeks... yeah, no kidding.

And there is no subscription fee after the initial box purchase.

Guild Wars 2 definately :)

• HowryHowry springfield, ORPosts: 94Member Uncommon

Lots of GW2 Fanboys.

I personally hated the game. They need to have some kind of trial before you dish out $40-50 for it.

• AmjocoAmjoco Layton, UTPosts: 4,789Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Howry

Lots of GW2 Fanboys.

I personally hated the game. They need to have some kind of trial before you dish out $40-50 for it.

They did about a week or two ago.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Alexandria, VAPosts: 4,673Member Uncommon
    Try Fallen Earth, graphics are a little out dated but still looks pretty decent but gameplay and the world exploration is really fun.  And has an amazing crafting system as in you can craft everything, even craft all sorts of mounts like motor bikes, car, dune buggies or breed horses.
  • evilpreyevilprey CalafatPosts: 70Member Uncommon
    Guild Wars 2