Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Neo's Land: Aiming at MMO Roots

2»

Comments

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

Poor poor Mary.. a corpse with her cute tight little butt up in the air like that.. how could any big fat sloberin zombie in a loin cloth resist.

Poor poor Mary and she thought the game ended when she died.

• dwarfkinglordsdwarfkinglords Member UncommonPosts: 75
    another feature: really bad graphics...
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by BlueTiger33
    I don't want to be in any way detracting from the thread but in that photo, how is that thing in any way suppose to resemble a zombie? :)

How do you know its not a zombie giant..

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Originally posted by Caldrin
    Originally posted by BlueTiger33
    I don't want to be in any way detracting from the thread but in that photo, how is that thing in any way suppose to resemble a zombie? :)

How do you know its not a zombie giant..

Poor Mary gonna find out just how giant that zombie really is : (

• DajagDajag Member Posts: 55
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Marketing 101,tell the gamer's it is their game and their creation.I simply do not like when devs pull off that lame marketing.

Even a voting system is a fail because you could have an idea voted on by 40% leaving 60% of the players not liking the ideas.

When i game,the last thing i want to do is keep checking for some new vote on content,i never used it in EQ2 either on the dungeon builder idea.

How well simple termed content ideas are has to actually be seen in game,otherwise just marketing talk.This is why when mentioning a gimmick you need to go in great detail about that gimmick so we know exactly what it is and WHY it is.

Example,i originally thought NW's idea was so cool ,i couldn't wait to get into the game and try it out.When i finally did get in i was not impressed,i never made one quest,the tools were simply not good enough and the results by player built content was nothing special,just tons of repeated ideas,locations ect ect.It was simply repeated content with a different quest heading.

I prefer a developer to make the content unless you are going to allow players full access to the game engine.Also voting is a waste of time,better to just have the game create instances of player made content,that is the ONLY time i care to see instances.Perhaps cycle content every 2 months it gets rotated out for new content.

No levels or Ah,was spun to sound like a positive,it might  be a total negative,again we need to hear the reasoning behind it ,the REAL truth.The levels might be removed to eliminate having to make gear and spells.abilities for every level,AH might be removed to simply save time on development and not have to have a robust data system carried by the servers.

I realize it is every developers job to sell their product but we need details on proclaimed ideas.

I agree that this recent Neverwinter2013 project was twarted by limitation aplide by Perfect World, but the original Neverwinters nights by Bioware was amazing, and players creating wonderous things, and great worlds.

I too am skeptical by developers who make such claims, but hope it happens.

• will75will75 Member UncommonPosts: 365
    No instances, which is the main reason i paid $180 to support camelot unchained. Instances ruin open world pvp and pve . Spindelhalla  for example > any wow raid dungeon. As for pvp? FFA or make it 3 side faction. Otherwise good luck

• AmarantharAmaranthar Member EpicPosts: 5,797

I'm really interested. There's some issues though, and I hope the answers come about to satisfy me (and I think many others).

• First off, I really don't like RMT (real money trade). However, the realities of financing a major project like this do soften my views somewhat. "Land Only" RMT seems like an acceptable way to go. That also partly solves the issue of players leaving the game and what to do with their property. They'll more than likely sell it to someone who's still playing.
    • Related to that, I also do like "pay to win". This is that. But again, it's acceptable to me if they hold true to "Land Only". It solves issues as well as being one, without overdoing it.
    • PvP. I think PvP needs to be "Wide Open" in the world to make it meaningful, but there has to be something to keep players from rampant PKing. I think there are solutions to this, and I think it can come through game play and true risk to PKers to keep them from running wild outside of meaningful conflict. I'll be involved on the message boards on this issue.
    • Player created Dungeons. I hope this doesn't turn into a means to harvest gold or resources. If the game controls the spawn in some fashion to remove this, and if there's an in-game cost to building these dungeons, then it could be a really cool feature.
    Other than that, I'll have to do more reading on this game. But I'm really interested.

Once upon a time....

• NeojacNeojac Member UncommonPosts: 157

Hi and thanks for putting your questions and concerns in a neat order, makes it easy to answer.

• There will only be RMT (real money trade) for "Land Only"
    • PvP is "Wide Open" but where there is certain things like guards you stand the chance of being caught and getting killed.
    • Players created dungeons will be the only instancing and mobs will be controlled spawns so we will be controlling it but will allow some resources to be mined if you are lucky. Do note that you can only get a dungeon of your own if you own a certain size of land or if you are lucky to find a cave with access grids in front of it to control it. Building in dungeons like wall and so forth does cost resources.
    • There will be non-instanced dungeons in the game as well.
    For those looking at the graphics, please note that this footage you have seen so far is technology Demos that's done for Kickstarter and graphics will be changing through the development.

www.neojac.com
    www.arcfall.com

Originally posted by Neojac

Hi and thanks for putting your questions and concerns in a neat order, makes it easy to answer.

• There will only be RMT (real money trade) for "Land Only"
    • PvP is "Wide Open" but where there is certain things like guards you stand the chance of being caught and getting killed.
    • Players created dungeons will be the only instancing and mobs will be controlled spawns so we will be controlling it but will allow some resources to be mined if you are lucky. Do note that you can only get a dungeon of your own if you own a certain size of land or if you are lucky to find a cave with access grids in front of it to control it. Building in dungeons like wall and so forth does cost resources.
    • There will be non-instanced dungeons in the game as well.
    For those looking at the graphics, please note that this footage you have seen so far is technology Demos that's done for Kickstarter and graphics will be changing through the development.

Thanks for the reply.

Everything you said is great, in my opinion, except for one critical issue.

PKing. PKers, if they stand to loot from victims or otherwise gain, don't give a rat's arse if they get killed sometimes. What do you have to entice them to NOT do their thing?

Once upon a time....

There has just been a Roundtable on that exact point, will post it here when it goes onto Youtube. The community wants to implement Bounty Hunting as a skill which will counter PKing. We do a live Q&A every day where you can talk directly to us in a live show and get your concerns addressed.

Here is a post in the forum where the community is addressing those concerns so if you can please elaborate more on it there as well.

www.neojac.com
    www.arcfall.com

Originally posted by Neojac
    There has just been a Roundtable on that exact point, will post it here when it goes onto Youtube. The community wants to implement Bounty Hunting as a skill which will counter PKing. We do a live Q&A every day where you can talk directly to us in a live show and get your concerns addressed.

Here is a post in the forum where the community is addressing those concerns so if you can please elaborate more on it there as well.

In UO, PKers had their friends kill them so they could collect the bounty and split it. So it really didn't do any good. You have to have more than that. And it has to hurt, or it doesn't do the job.

Once upon a time....

• zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

MMO "roots"  ?!

I was lied to...  This looks like the spew every modern MMO puts out non stop lately..

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Marketing 101,tell the gamer's it is their game and their creation. I simply do not like when devs pull off that lame marketing.

Essential to marketing a startup.

Second sentence: assigning motives.  Marketing is villainous if you assume it to be.

Having never heard of this title, or this company... not much evidence either way.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Has everyone forgot Greed Monger already?

Because I haven't.

I do agree totally with you that many developers do that, fortunately with the round tables we are doing and showing actual progress from round table idea of the community to actual in game footage with in a few weeks we are showing that the community is really building this.  Also we have much more riding on this than just a game as we are also developing the software for other game companies to use so we intend to make sure it is a success.

www.neojac.com
    www.arcfall.com

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842
    I'm really liking what I see here - and giving a big thumbs up for stepping back to subscription system. If the game is good enough, people won't have any problems paying the monthly fee. Maybe it's not the most "famous" option currently but maaaan, it really is the easiest way to weed out the turd from community. I may even have to pledge myself too!