Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What level(s) are you and how long have you been playing?

gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861

Just curious how everybody else is faring.

I am Paladin lvl 39/ Blacksmith level 45. I have been playing since early access ( 2 weeks and 3 days). I've also been playing pretty heavily since then.

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

Comments

• Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362

Only 18 Marauder. I know I've barely scratched the surface, and i love everything about the game so far except the slow combat. I can't even make myself log in due to that. But been playing since early access, but that first week and a half I couldn't log in so that also killed my desire to play the game, I lost momentum if that makes sense.

Maybe I'll try and log in today. But again, the slow combat..... ugh.

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

I started a fresh character on early access launch.
    sorry pic is tiny. im currently 27gld 15cnj 17lnc 22min, in the teens on most crafting profs

• donpopukidonpopuki Member Posts: 591
    I'm lv 20 thaum/19 Arcanist/5 maurader. Been playing since Sep 2nd.
  • david361107david361107 Member UncommonPosts: 279

this is why I haven't purchased this game yet, level cap in weeks just seems like that same old shit to me. Must have a least a years worth of endgame if everyone is leveling this fast.

Peace,

Lascer

• gessekai332gessekai332 Member UncommonPosts: 861
    Originally posted by Elevenb4

Only 18 Marauder. I know I've barely scratched the surface, and i love everything about the game so far except the slow combat. I can't even make myself log in due to that. But been playing since early access, but that first week and a half I couldn't log in so that also killed my desire to play the game, I lost momentum if that makes sense.

By your mid 20s it should pick up pretty fast.  

Most memorable games: AoC(Tryanny PvP), RIFT, GW, GW2, Ragnarok Online, Aion, FFXI, FFXIV, Secret World, League of Legends (Silver II rank)

• Elevenb4Elevenb4 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Originally posted by gessekai332

Cool thanks for that. Need that encouragement. IF the combat speeds up, this will be the game I stick with for awhile for sure. I just really enjoy the atmosphere. Been floating from MMO to MMO since I quit SWTOR about 5 months ago.

-Unconstitutional laws aren't laws.-

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by david361107

this is why I haven't purchased this game yet, level cap in weeks just seems like that same old shit to me. Must have a least a years worth of endgame if everyone is leveling this fast.

Peace,

Lascer

Yea, on a single 50 they hit cap... since they had early access you're talking what.. a month or so of playtime.  You could do it faster, you could do it slower.  And since no one has beat the endgame yet...

Peace,

Ike

I started day 1 launch.  I'm lvl 21 Gld.  That's it.  Lvl 21 gld.  I also have done my hunter logs up through group 2 (I'm missing one set of imps that are across the world from where I'm currently hunting... once my quests get me back there I'll be finishing that and unlocking group 3).

• MurdusMurdus Member UncommonPosts: 698
    Currently have a level 38 White Mage and 16 pugilist. Been playing since Early Access launch. Slowed down a little so I don't get burned out. Really enjoying the dungeons at my level. Healing them gets pretty intense, pretty quickly. Lots of fun. Looking forward to raiding in the coming weeks. Also looking forward to get into tanking, as I hear it's fun in this game.
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by david361107
    this is why I haven't purchased this game yet, level cap in weeks just seems like that same old shit to me. Must have a least a years worth of endgame if everyone is leveling this fast.Peace,Lascer

Hey Lascer, you posted on your alt :/

I hope you find an mmo you like :)

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601

46 Dragoon/Lancer, 18 Pug, 15 Mara. Been playing since early access. The last week I've slowed down a lot just because I don't have as much time to play. There is so much to do once I hit 50 on my Dragoon I'm not sure what I will do yet.. whether it's craft, gather, or start another class/job... really enjoying everything so far.

Once you get cross class abilities and stuff combat really picks up IMO.

• evilizedevilized Member UncommonPosts: 576
    50 dragoon with I'd say 50% endgame gear and 1 kill away from relic weapon.

30 warrior

20 pugilist

15 culinary

15 botany

15 carpenter

Played since open beta, play time cut starting Saturday due to work. I really haven't been pushing myself.

15 gladiator

15 thaumaturge
    Originally posted by gessekai332

Cool thanks for that. Need that encouragement. IF the combat speeds up, this will be the game I stick with for awhile for sure. I just really enjoy the atmosphere. Been floating from MMO to MMO since I quit SWTOR about 5 months ago.

yeah marauder seems like it gets complicated in later levels because you need to be juggling wrath/defiance/ infuriated status to restore HP and increase your damage input while tanking bosses/managing adds. the 2.5 cooldown is needed later on in the game so you have a tiny bit of thinking time so you can decide what chain do you want to continue. you will also get access to abilities that you can execute during the 2.5 gcd period which will add to the complexity. 

• Cliff1963Cliff1963 Member UncommonPosts: 60

Playing since the last few days of EA, Archer lvl 25, the rest of the classes lvl 10. DoH's between lvl 8-10, DoL between lvl 12-16.

While waiting for a PUG via the duty-finder trying to level the profs, and when I want something else than my main I spend some time on the other classes.

Enjoying myself, with PvE, dungeon runs and crafting. Not much of an endgame-player because of time-issues, but will see were this game gets me, for sure playing it until the release of TESO.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    I haven't played at all.  I have owned the game and had installed prior to EA.  I have still been unable to create a character on server Behometh where my friends play.  As it is, I am waiting for character creation to open up on that server.
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265

50 bard, 45 fisher.

Not gonna sub for game, there is no end game.

doing same 4 man dungeon for weekly stones and just sit around. done all primal hards.

Originally posted by Arskaaa

50 bard, 45 fisher.

Not gonna sub for game, there is no end game.

doing same 4 man dungeon for weekly stones and just sit around. done all primal hards.

that's cool no one cares about the 0.5% population of powerlevelers than burn themselves out after 2 weeks into the game. Enjoying paying for gear repair all day long before you quit.   

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

I rp and take my time, enjoying the social aspect of the game. I've been playing since beta 2 and my current character since beta 4 and early start, minus a few days where I could not manage to log in. i am 20 in my first class, archer. I leveled quite a few classes in beta and decided to really slow down and enjoy the journey at launch. Looking forward to playing slow and lasting a long time here.

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Glad to see I'm not the only one taking it slow.  I have 29 CNJ (main), and 15 THM and ARC(thought THM was still the sub class for WHM when I leveled it :().  I would probably be farther on CNJ if I they didn't have issues with instances during EA (why I started leveling other classes).
  • LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701
    50 PLD with just Ifrit Blade only on Dhorme Chimera for Relic quest. Have 18 cnj and 15 Archer (leveling up to 50 next) 23 mining and 28 bsm. Started new character during EA.