Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Elder Scrolls Online: Latest Q&A Centers on Cyrodiil and PvP

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The latest Ask Me Anything Q&A has cropped up on the official Elder Scrolls Online site. This time, game developers chose to focus on both Cyrodiil and PvP with regard to ESO. 

If players are free to choose one of three factions, how will ESO strike a player balance between the three? What if one faction is over-populated while another is extremely under-populated? The under-populated one won't stand a chance in claiming the throne! – By Benji Cold-Beer 

Three-sided battles actually allow for more player balancing options than systematic options. If one side is over-populated, the other two sides usually gang up on that alliance. That being said, there are alliance population caps per campaign to make sure one alliance doesn’t fill up a campaign entirely. There are also scoring incentives for alliances that are tailing behind when capturing resources and keep, from the winning Alliance if the score is imbalanced. You’ll get more points by taking keeps and resources from the winning alliance and holding your own keeps, helping you catch up in the overall score. Lastly, keeps can be captured with smaller groups than you may expect, so even under-populated alliances have a real shot at claiming the throne.

Read more on the Elder Scrolls Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Mange1Mange1 Member UncommonPosts: 266
    Just hurry up and release this watered down Elder Scrolls MMO, I feel like you've done all of the Q&As possible.  Now is time for show.
  • LordSneergLordSneerg Member Posts: 119
    Looking forward to this game. 3 faction pvp owns. It is time to put this game into my greedy hands.
  • feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330
    Originally posted by Vivasvan
    No raiding in this. Just 24 man dynamic events. Which these companies think are replacements for raids.

Yeh sure...that's why u will end up f2p within 6 months.

Won't touch it

That is exactly what I want.  I dislike dungeon raids but love open world raids.

• TekaelonTekaelon Member UncommonPosts: 604
    24 man events sound just right to me.
  • superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

As far as I know we haven't heard the details about adventure zones yet (large group content).

But I can tell you, I'm quite pleased they're avoiding WoW-esque raids of 40. Thanks, but no thanks :)

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by Vivasvan
    No raiding in this. Just 24 man dynamic events. Which these companies think are replacements for raids.

Yeh sure...that's why u will end up f2p within 6 months.

Won't touch it

Raiders still area  minority. If it goes F2P after release, it will be for a variety of failures. Not one.

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383
    This just sounds too good to be true.