Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Highest burst damage in any MMORPG?

ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182
What class has the highest burst damage in any MMORPG?

Comments

• Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301
    This is such a vague question.  I doubt anyone can answer it the way you want.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    hmm hard to say, I would rather see the question say: what is the highest burst damage % in an MMORPG. Big numbers means nothing  and its all for show. You could divid DPS number and mob hit points by 20 or 30 or 50 and never change a thing on how a fight goes. Its all about the %'s

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• Vermillion_RaventhalVermillion_Raventhal Member EpicPosts: 4,198
    Originally posted by Arcona
    What class has the highest burst damage in any MMORPG?

The highest I've seen is when I accidentily attacked the wizards guild in Neriak.  I got hit for max damage possible which was like over 300k if I remember correctly.  

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Titan in eve wins it probably.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Suppression Fire spam Rifle use in The Secret World. Hands down, pound for pound champ. Time To Kill of less than a second (beta, 1 week before launch) on 5k or less HP pools on average.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ArconaArcona Member UncommonPosts: 1,182
    Originally posted by toddze
    hmm hard to say, I would rather see the question say: what is the highest burst damage % in an MMORPG. Big numbers means nothing  and its all for show. You could divid DPS number and mob hit points by 20 or 30 or 50 and never change a thing on how a fight goes. Its all about the %'s

Off course, highest % :)

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Interesting question. Stacking skills, bonuses and buffs probably makes for some massive multipliers for a lot of the scout classes. Would be neat to see some kind of comparison chart.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Your question is kinda vague, but I remember Bright Wizards from Warhammer Online being absolute beasts when their Combustion level was maxed out, self-harm be damned.

Combustion level Critical Chance Critical Damage Backlash
    1 - 10 +5% +10% 5%
    11 - 30 +10% +20% 10%
    31 - 70 +15% +40% 15%
    71 - 90 +25% +80% 25%
    91 - 100 +35% +100% 35%

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
    Originally posted by Bladestrom

This :)

If your talking about hp damage or % damage doesn't matter, as long as the titan got a clean hit then it does 

Base Shield DamageBase Shield Damage
    Base Armor DamageBase Armor Damage

NB this is not even with skills and ship set up considered so this would be like your level 100 wizard *or any other class* doing their magic / damage with 0 clothes and skills mapped

Whilst of course it has in game constraints it also shows your question being rather pointless :) 

% of damage that is over 10000% base damage against smaller items
    and yet only 50% of the base damage of Super capitals

So what are we going to judge base % from ? this cannot be answered

in response to the guy who said about under 1sec to kill a mob with gun, this would kill something in the time it takes to click mouse button, so again use time as the constraint then the biggest constrain will be the ping > server

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• UtinniUtinni Member EpicPosts: 2,209
    Max int throwing dagger proc mage assassin in shadowbane. 
  • SnigerknudSnigerknud Member UncommonPosts: 60

Most games I have played it was normal a melee class Rogue, warrior.etc.

• maplestonemaplestone Member UncommonPosts: 3,099
    Any game where the devs accidentally granted universal access to the /kill admin command?
  • drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    Bright Wizard in WAR.

Enhancement Shaman in vanilla WoW using 2 hand weapon.

Pom Pyro Mage in WoW Cataclysm.
  • PhelcherPhelcher Member CommonPosts: 1,053
    Originally posted by drakaena
    Bright Wizard in WAR.

Enhancement Shaman in vanilla WoW using 2 hand weapon.

Pom Pyro Mage in WoW Cataclysm.

EQ Wizard, before the AA crit nerf.

I use to solo the dragon liche, etc when I could land some 18k hits..

"No they are not charity. That is where the whales come in. (I play for free. Whales pays.) Devs get a business. That is how it works."

-Nariusseldon

• AngztAngzt Member Posts: 230

question was answered on page 1.

no matter how much dmg you do, you are no freakin death star (and the titan surely is close enough hehe)

daggers? lol.... magic? cute

that weapon system it fires is bigger than most of your boss fight maps :P

"believe me, mike.. i calculated the odds of this working against the odds that i was doing something incredibly stupid… and i did it anyway!"

• SeloSelo Member UncommonPosts: 108
    The assassin class usually have the highest burst the first seconds.
  • GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Speaking relatively rather than absolutely Hibernian rangers could pump it out in DAoC. Despite being a favourite it did have some OP mechanics (fookin Dwarven stunlocking healers)
  • VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    Originally posted by Quazal.A

If your talking about hp damage or % damage doesn't matter, as long as the titan got a clean hit then it does 

NB this is not even with skills and ship set up considered so this would be like your level 100 wizard *or any other class* doing their magic / damage with 0 clothes and skills mapped

Whilst of course it has in game constraints it also shows your question being rather pointless :) 

in response to the guy who said about under 1sec to kill a mob with gun, this would kill something in the time it takes to click mouse button, so again use time as the constraint then the biggest constrain will be the ping > server

Hah! Beat me to it!

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• WW4BWWW4BW Member UncommonPosts: 501
    Originally posted by Gorilla
    Speaking relatively rather than absolutely Hibernian rangers could pump it out in DAoC. Despite being a favourite it did have some OP mechanics (fookin Dwarven stunlocking healers)

Guess you didnt play when warlocks were added.. stupid suicide bombers with their 3 preloaded spells.

Personally Ive played characters that could one shot (after burning quite a few cooldowns and stacking a rediculous amount of damage buffs) or one round another character with regularity.

Other side of that coin would be battery healers in DAoC. Instantly healing any damage taken.. up to 3000 hp, I think it was.

• WW4BWWW4BW Member UncommonPosts: 501
    Originally posted by VassagoMael

Hah! Beat me to it!

Anyone remember torpedo kestrels?.. Or was it cruise missiles.. x waves of missiles hitting at the same time insta popping a battleship.. not bad for a frigate :P

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    Originally posted by WW4BW
    Originally posted by VassagoMael

Hah! Beat me to it!

Anyone remember torpedo kestrels?.. Or was it cruise missiles.. x waves of missiles hitting at the same time insta popping a battleship.. not bad for a frigate :P

... Caldari scum!

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• LyrianLyrian Member UncommonPosts: 412
    It's hard to get the right context you're looking for. But one thing that comes to mind is when a Paladin Reckon-bombed a world raid boss in Vanilla WoW with 1816 attacks in about 1 second and killed it nearly instantly.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Warhammer Online - Witch Elf at release (i.e. pre-nerf) They were meant to kill clothies in 1 second...problem was, they also killed heavy armor tanks in the same amount of time. And unlike the Bright Wizard, no ramp-up time needed.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

This one will catch you off guard but Wizard 101 lol.

You can build up dmg to hit massive proportions,and it is all in perspective according to normal damage.Your normal spell might hit for around idk anywhere from 3/4/500 then built up to 30/40/60/100k damage.

Spike dmg would only be spike dmg if it has a lot more damage and hate than normal damage.

i know in FFXi you would normally hit around 100-250 but could spike upwards of 2/4/5-10k.That would be around a 1200-40k% spike in damage.

I have never tried to pay too much attention to it,so i don't really know what game has the highest % spike.

In the TRUEST answer to the question,FFXI is the only game that uses BURST damage as in Magic Burst lol. and has a spell for BLM also called BURST :P.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.