Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Implementing simple but unique features in Wh40k Eternal Crusade

Hello everyone, i am new to this forum and i would like to present some cool and innovative features that have come to my mind. But these are not just my opinion of what should be in the game, as many stuff that i am about to mention have been told by others several times on other places, so this is recollection of those and some of mine on what should be in the game.

As i am fan of Warhammer 40k games and lore i have come on this forum because developers of WH40k EC ,and especially Miguel Caron, the studio head of Behaviour Interactive has told numbers of time, that there will be no fire wall in between devs and fans and i would like very much even a little to contribute to the game and shape it whit the rest of the fans before the game is set in stone, as it is still early in development.

So here it is:

1.Competitive race ranking - I like that there will be Squad Leaders, Strike Force leaders and then War Council but i see a problem here and that is if someone is elected to be member of the War Council than that is Democracy and the most popular players will be on top. And i suppose there will be rivalry and someone else can steal that position if deemed more worthy by other players, but in Warhammer 40k The strongest, not the most popular will be on top (War boss,Chaos Lords) and those of intelect and tactical thinking (Marneus Calgar, he has both might and bright).So lets say elected players for war council are tactical players who deserved their place by guiding their race. Where do the best players who have skill unmatched by others go?

Solution: Make 5 top elected players Tactical Leaders who have to be at the end of horizontal progression for that position and be active and favored by the players. Voting for top players should be weakly event at specific time and make it player driven event. Candidates should be Strike Force Leaders(Guild leaders) who are running for position (every Strike Force Leader should have choice to put his name for voting or not to).Top 5 are elected and gain seat on the War Council while preserving their Strike Force Leader position(Guild Master).

What about other 5 you ask?Well other 5 seats can not be filled by election and can be obtainable only by winning massive 1v1ranked tournaments.Rules are simple as all players who are at the end of horizontal progression excluding (5 voting elected War council members) can participate.There are 2 tournaments the qualifications and main tournament. Qualifications are smaller separate tournament in which all who have applied and have qualifications(end game players) can participate in 100 separate smaller tournaments.All players who have reached end game on horizontal progression have right to participate regardless of rank in group of solo players. these 100 Qualifications tournaments can be organized in place of players mutual agreement in personal housing or on ground for example. There can be only one winner of the each qualifications and the the final 100 players participate in the main tournament in special battle arena whit all other players able to watch the matches from arena stands.Top 5 players whit least loses all become members of the War Council , and THE PLAYER WHIT  0 LOSSES (the best player ) GAIN THE TITLE OF THE Champion of the Chapter,Leader of  WAAAGH of like CHAMPION OF CHAOS.....(i am just giving an example here, and yes the title is for ever, even if you loose on next tournaments). Next week you get to defend your position on the War Council in same manner as you have won it. The tournaments and elections are each week but not on the same day and have set time, who put himself for tournament but did not show up on time is disqualified.

Also when in War Council you can have unlimited use of (Terminator armor,Meganob armor) and you can equip unique gear like Iron Halo or Chapter Banner,Boss Pole (boosting your defense from range weapons by giving shield, or inspiring nearby players by giving buffs like in DoW2). This would make players competing against one another for place in War Council and worth a while and make them motivated.And yes War Council member should be more powerful then the rest of the players regarding gear and it should be same for each race thus being balanced.

So in the end there would be 5 tactical leaders of the race and 5 war leaders as part of the War Council.In total of 10.

5 Tactical leaders with for example banners who stay behind and give orders and buff players with banners on their back. When 5 War leaders are in front of the army and are the best players of the game who are feared on whole server!!!!!!!!

Last i want to say is that Tactical and War leaders of War Council should be easily recognizable one from another by title and looks so that players know who got on the war council by what means.

2.Spiked  armor decorations - you can kill enemy player and take his head, and if you have spikes on your self (Chaos marines, Orks) you can put it on for all players to see who did you kill ,(ofc if enemy changes armors and helmets his head  on your spike should not change as it is copy of his head load out when you chopped his head off.

This could be excellent material for dlc after launch and you could sell spikes in cash shops to put on armor,weapons or just enable us to put heads on spikes on existing armor with existing spikes for fee.But imagine if you could for example return your head if you kill the one who previously took it (only the owner of the head can take it back) ,and he looses your head from his spike....just imagine this:

ORK:

WAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!! I GOT YER HEAD FROM DERE WAR COUNCIL SPACE MURINEE!!!!ON ME SPIKEEE...YAHHAAHAAHAHAHH!!!

SPACE MARINE:

RETURN MY HEAD YOU XENOS FILTH!!!!! FOR THE EMPEROR I WILL STRIKE YOU DOWN!!!

ORK:

WAAAAAHG!!!!!!!! YOU CANT CATCH ME SPAHSH MAHRINE ME ARMOR IZ RED, RED GOS FASTA!!!!!!!!YAHHHAHAHAAHA!!!

Infinite troll possibilities!!!!!

3.bounty on players - if you could implement this so that players can put bounty on other players and even several at the same time from different players on same opponent, and the one who finishes off player with bounty gets all the credits and money it could work well with number 2 of my ideas. :P So top strongest players and the trolls would be on the top of the list, and it would be so fun if it would be implemented as quest given by the War Council to kill certain player + player giving adding requisition points for example on someone hit list to increase the bounty.

That is all for now pls tell me what do you ppl think? You too Miguel if you can and if this can be implemented in WH40k EC in some way?

Sorry for the dreadful English.....

Comments

• SavijSavij Member Posts: 341
    Originally posted by Odolusas

1.Competitive race ranking - I like that there will be Squad Leaders, Strike Force leaders and then War Council but i see a problem here and that is if someone is elected to be member of the War Council than that is Democracy and the most popular players will be on top. And i suppose there will be rivalry and someone else can steal that position if deemed more worthy by other players, but in Warhammer 40k The strongest, not the most popular will be on top (War boss,Chaos Lords) and those of intelect and tactical thinking (Marneus Calgar, he has both might and bright).So lets say elected players for war council are tactical players who deserved their place by guiding their race. Where do the best players who have skill unmatched by others go?

Solution: Make 5 top elected players Tactical Leaders who have to be at the end of horizontal progression for that position and be active and favored by the players. Voting for top players should be weakly event at specific time and make it player driven event. Candidates should be Strike Force Leaders(Guild leaders) who are running for position (every Strike Force Leader should have choice to put his name for voting or not to).Top 5 are elected and gain seat on the War Council while preserving their Strike Force Leader position(Guild Master).

here is how they are planing how to get into the council (for now):

Q:
    How will the War Council be chosen?

A (August.2013 Patrick):
    it will be a combination of 'skill to unlock' in some sort and a voting system. so not everyone can become part of the council. i personally don't like the idea of fighting to become a leader, because leading is not about being the best fighter, its way more about strategy and the big picture. how the mechanics exactly are going to be is not to be revealed yet

so its very close to that what you suggested^^

What about other 5 you ask?Well other 5 seats can not be filled by election and can be obtainable only by winning massive 1v1ranked tournaments.Rules are simple as all players who are at the end of horizontal progression excluding (5 voting elected War council members) can participate.There are 2 tournaments the qualifications and main tournament. Qualifications are smaller separate tournament in which all who have applied and have qualifications(end game players) can participate in 100 separate smaller tournaments.All players who have reached end game on horizontal progression have right to participate regardless of rank in group of solo players. these 100 Qualifications tournaments can be organized in place of players mutual agreement in personal housing or on ground for example. There can be only one winner of the each qualifications and the the final 100 players participate in the main tournament in special battle arena whit all other players able to watch the matches from arena stands.Top 5 players whit least loses all become members of the War Council , and THE PLAYER WHIT  0 LOSSES (the best player ) GAIN THE TITLE OF THE Champion of the Chapter,Leader of  WAAAGH of like CHAMPION OF CHAOS.....(i am just giving an example here, and yes the title is for ever, even if you loose on next tournaments). Next week you get to defend your position on the War Council in same manner as you have won it. The tournaments and elections are each week but not on the same day and have set time, who put himself for tournament but did not show up on time is disqualified.

they dont want to have to much fightinggames/minigames besides the great war of the planet

and as patrick said they dont want someone getting into a leader position by fighting

Also when in War Council you can have unlimited use of (Terminator armor,Meganob armor) and you can equip unique gear like Iron Halo or Chapter Banner,Boss Pole (boosting your defense from range weapons by giving shield, or inspiring nearby players by giving buffs like in DoW2). This would make players competing against one another for place in War Council and worth a while and make them motivated.And yes War Council member should be more powerful then the rest of the players regarding gear and it should be same for each race thus being balanced.

So in the end there would be 5 tactical leaders of the race and 5 war leaders as part of the War Council.In total of 10.

5 Tactical leaders with for example banners who stay behind and give orders and buff players with banners on their back. When 5 War leaders are in front of the army and are the best players of the game who are feared on whole server!!!!!!!!

Last i want to say is that Tactical and War leaders of War Council should be easily recognizable one from another by title and looks so that players know who got on the war council by what means.

as much i would love this idea, they dont want to make some1 superspecial and superstrong just because of his titel

they want to keep every1 killable for someone who has just started

2.Spiked  armor decorations - you can kill enemy player and take his head, and if you have spikes on your self (Chaos marines, Orks) you can put it on for all players to see who did you kill ,(ofc if enemy changes armors and helmets his head  on your spike should not change as it is copy of his head load out when you chopped his head off.

This could be excellent material for dlc after launch and you could sell spikes in cash shops to put on armor,weapons or just enable us to put heads on spikes on existing armor with existing spikes for fee.But imagine if you could for example return your head if you kill the one who previously took it (only the owner of the head can take it back) ,and he looses your head from his spike....just imagine this:

ORK:

WAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!! I GOT YER HEAD FROM DERE WAR COUNCIL SPACE MURINEE!!!!ON ME SPIKEEE...YAHHAAHAAHAHAHH!!!

SPACE MARINE:

RETURN MY HEAD YOU XENOS FILTH!!!!! FOR THE EMPEROR I WILL STRIKE YOU DOWN!!!

ORK:

WAAAAAHG!!!!!!!! YOU CANT CATCH ME SPAHSH MAHRINE ME ARMOR IZ RED, RED GOS FASTA!!!!!!!!YAHHHAHAHAAHA!!!

Infinite troll possibilities!!!!!

just WTF ^^

some wh40k fans are already complaining about "how would you handle death in EC? cause there is no respawning in wh40k!" and you want to kick the lore in the ass with getting your own head back from the enemy? :D

i think there will be customization that will support skulls and spikes but your idea is kinda wired :D

3.bounty on players - if you could implement this so that players can put bounty on other players and even several at the same time from different players on same opponent, and the one who finishes off player with bounty gets all the credits and money it could work well with number 2 of my ideas. :P So top strongest players and the trolls would be on the top of the list, and it would be so fun if it would be implemented as quest given by the War Council to kill certain player + player giving adding requisition points for example on someone hit list to increase the bounty.

its a good idea

but can be abused if 2 friends are in different factions. collecting bounty on your head > tell your friend where you are > get killed by him > give him free "money"

well maybe need some testing :3

Sorry for the dreadful English.....

wasnt that bad^^

be always up to date about Eternal Crusade
    WH40k:EC dev Tracker

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337
    EternalCrusader.com Savij

• OdolusasOdolusas Member Posts: 30

Well i saw your comments , and i kinda have to add that 100% pure choosing your leader based on votes is outdated and what i wrote is basically 50% 50% vote vs power, so you gonna have constant 5 members in War Council on votes alone.

Why would they not add 1 v 1 massive tournaments each week for other half of the War Council. It is basically ENDGAME Content that some will never finish. I like my idea that best player will have something to do and compete against each other in this tournaments. Who does not want to, he can aim for the voting one if he is bad at pvp. And it practically gives purpose to dueling.

And if you are best 1 v 1 player on your faction i dont see why you would not get unique title that no one in the game can get unless you are beaten in next weakly tournament for number one spot in your faction.

And i think one should have unique equipment if in War Council like iron halo and chapter banner , i dont wanna see 1000 space marines with iron halo in game running around, 10 best space marines in game having banners that benefit all players and yourself is not op, and i dont think heaving over shield  iron halo that protects against ONLY range weapons, and is like 20% of your total hp is not game breaking at all.

And terminator armor can be used by all but only for some period of time and you have it for as long as you are in War Council  whit no cool down is quite reasonable to me.

And for the for the head on spike :P i think you could chop off if not head the  just took ppl  their helmets no head so it is not lore breaking, but this is an mmo you just have to break some stuff or it is not fun.

and now that i have replayed i will write number 4:

4. I dont like my commander - If you like your group but lets say you think you squad leader is not the best person for its rank, but he made the group so there is nothing you can do i would implement  a challenge for duel if your progress and achievements are close to his, and your activity on your character  and involvement whit the squad/ company and in winning 2/3 you can replace him while he transfers to your rank. And you get several days CD not been able to be challenged after winning/loosing. And if not possible to remove someone from position if over 50% of squad agrees  you should be able to begin election by voting for new commander.

5. Tyranids global activity - now this work so that Tyranids could pop up in the middle of the battle in between opposing player forces that are of SMALLER scale 100 to 200 player and you got like 100 Tyranids popping out all shapes and sizes in the mix. It is chaos and i love it. And there should be global activity so lets say the Swarmlord pops up and starts gathering forces while while moving from location to location and if you do not stop him in time he gets swarm of Tyranids and overwhelms your base. That would be kinda like global event and very rare and ofc you have to find him where he is and call other players , and it should not be marked on the map for it would just kill the experience. But if War Council finds him they can put like quest on him that is visible to player of that faction to eliminate him.

Also like event to find and exterminate Lector in some kind of thick forest would be great but ofc this would not be  quests but rather notions from npc faction leaders whit no general idea where he is, so you gotta explore the forest and such.And see if it is true or not or it could be worse that that, whit like  whole forces of Tyranids in hiding in forest so you gotta purge them.

i think it should be added that you could possibly lose your main base to the Tyranids if not careful.

5. Tyranids global activity - now this work so that Tyranids could pop up in the middle of the battle in between opposing player forces that are of SMALLER scale 100 to 200 player and you got like 100 Tyranids popping out all shapes and sizes in the mix. It is chaos and i love it. And there should be global activity so lets say the Swarmlord pops up and starts gathering forces while while moving from location to location and if you do not stop him in time he gets swarm of Tyranids and overwhelms your base. That would be kinda like global event and very rare and ofc you have to find him where he is and call other players , and it should not be marked on the map for it would just kill the experience. But if War Council finds him they can put like quest on him that is visible to player of that faction to eliminate him.

Also like event to find and exterminate Lector in some kind of thick forest would be great but ofc this would not be  quests but rather notions from npc faction leaders whit no general idea where he is, so you gotta explore the forest and such.And see if it is true or not or it could be worse that that, whit like  whole forces of Tyranids in hiding in forest so you gotta purge them.

i think it should be added that you could possibly lose your main base to the Tyranids if not careful.

that sounds good ^^

i would like 2 kinds of tyranids attack

1. swarms of nids running over the planet and attack big groups of players and bases

2. underground swaming nids who BURST out of the ground when they reach a big group of players or in the middle of a fortress and while bursting out of the ground they leave a hole behind where a broodmother is producing unlimited amounts of nids and the fortressdefenders need crush through the endles stream of nids to destroy it

some events where a titan big carnifex apears would be cool too^^

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

• silent0sirissilent0siris Member Posts: 8

TYRANIDS CONQUERING YOUR BASE, YOU SAY???

What a strange idea.... }:D

- Steven

Lead Level Designer

What Savij and quotheraving wrote about Tyranids and different ways they can infest the battlefield i agree 100%!!!!!!!!!

You see Tyranids should NOT be considered the farming NPC but like competitive race that is as dangerous at the enemy Faction!! You should be able to interact with them in different ways and turn the tables in you advantage using them like this:

1.Lets say Eldar are under siege from Tyranids from one directions, and their Fortress is under attack now Chaos players could use this advantage and attack together whit Tyranids but from opposite direction of the Fortress, squeezing Eldar in between and the end it would be Chaos vs Tyranids as Eldar are wipe out from their fortress (some random fortress ).

2.Space Marines are attacked from all sides from Tyranids on their territory as a whole. And so they find The Swarmlod is guilty and is moving with huge forces to attack their main base. However Chaos has much less territory,  and are not under attack of that magnitude as Space Marines are. Lets say Killing Swarmlord REDUCES planet infestation by huge margin and weakens all Tyranids forces on planet affecting all races if you kill him. So lets say Chaos players dont care that much for Tyranids , as they are not attacked as much as Space Marines, and as Space marine forces go towards Swarmlord and his forces to kill him Chaos forces gets in the way and say NO!!! Protecting the Tyranids forces from main Space Marine forces by standing in between and as they clash whit their mortal enemy they watch as their base is taken over by the Swarmlord.

So what i described is how i think Tyranids could be used in pvp conflict and it gives players many strategic options.

Now the innovation number 6:

6.Manifactorum, Mining Shafts,Convoys and the type of ammo - There should be small factories on the map producing ammo(boulter rounds and such) .And as Developers said Mining Shafts are present and you have limited ammo so how to make this all conected well:

You would have Mining Shafts that produce raw materials, and when they reach certain size of materials gathered it would be loaded on to the convoys that go to the manifactorums(factories) to be used for making stuff like ammo. This convoy can be attacked by anyone including Tyranids and thus steal materials for your self (Playable Race only). However what if you could lets say MANAGE  the route of the material transport if you are member of the War Council that would add much tactical options.

Now you have factories whit materials and lets say each factory makes different type of ammo. So lets say one makes Kraken bolts , another Inferno and one Standard ones and other Hellfire and so on, now imagine if you have only 2 mining shafts so you could decide to whitch one the convoy goes based on you needs, or you could mix and mach so that you could produce for one hour Kraken and standard and change after some time to hellfire and Metal Storm ones. This would give huge tactical push to the game!!!!

Ans so you have ammo of different kinds in different factories, but!!! Lets say Ammo produced is limited and based on total of player  in faction playing (scaling) . So 1000 player present and you have like 20k ammo rounds of one kind(produced in factory each hour) but you could take 100 rounds per player( OF EACH KIND OFC so 100normal+ 100 kraken + 100 hellfire should be possible) each so not all could get them but if you faction player dies you could take his ammo as he does not need them any more or you could trade rounds in guild and groups and that would be excellent social aspect as  you could SHARE it whit friends!!!

So it would be like on one hour you have like 100k standard bolter rounds made and 20k kraken 30k hellfire. So you could go to the manifactorum personally and wait for the ammo to spawn before all other players take it for them selves but lets say there are convoys for that ammo so that it can be transported to vendors and your bases and you could also manage their transport routes ( War Council ) because going to 4 different factories for ammo is tiresome. And you could have limited time before you could take ammo from the factory before it is put on convoys and starts moving towards base your War Council chose to go to!!!! But lets say there could be secret factories or well hidden ones that when you uncover they can make several different types of ammo at the same time or have unique stuff only they can make(advancing, living world!!!). Convoys whit ammo can be attacked, destroyed or looted by enemy factions!!!!

7.Looting ammo ,convoys and vehicles - this should be race specific and unique to each race:

Orks can loot convoys, turn metal scraps in ammo, take ammo from fallen members of every ENEMY faction and their own ofc excluding Tyranids.  Orks can loot vehicles and turn them in their own.

Chaos Marines can loot everything of the Space Marines and resources that go to factories from all factions.Ofc cant loot Eldar ammo or Ork one.. but can destroy them.

Eldar can loot only other resources but not ammo, but can destroy ammo convoys.

Space Marines can loot resources and destroy everything else.

And yes you should be able to trade ammo whit other members of your faction.

If lets say you die (you are executed) but you have not been looted when you respawn you have all your stocked up ammo from before death.

Looting ammo from friendly and enemy players have like 3 sec progress bar so that you can be interrupted if hit or if players respawn it interrupts your looting. If you for example are interrupted while looting you still get some ammo based on time spent before being interrupted.

And one more thing as you can have several different type of ammo you should be able to change it on the fly in battlefield to counter different enemy by reloading the gun i suppose???

Ok now goes number 8:

8. World needs to evolve but ,some parts need to stay the same - Now it is mention by Miguel Caron That campaigns will last 2 weeks to 3 months and then you go to another planet. This is bad in my opinion for simple reason and that is it will be extremely hard to create totally new world and what if the first world grow on me and i dont want to go to other planet. It will be hard on developers to keep game running like this as they must create new planet every month. And planet cant be won in the first place by wining 100km2 of its surface..so simplify the game and do this:

Solution: Planet should have like 10 zones and each zone is a place for 1 campaign. This would be more reasonable and you could in different campaigns show different part of the same planet. When campaign is won conflict on other part of the planet starts and so you can show different places of the same planet and its different climate. So one campaign could be on tropical island the other on frozen wasteland full of show and ice on the same planet giving variation to gameplay  in each campaign.

By putting world map whit 10 zones for campaigns you would appeal to all DoW 1 and 2 fans who would feel at home. Except this is from perspective of a single soldier.

So after several campaigns have finished war could start anew on part of the planet that had campaign a year ago and it would feel nice to older players to revisit old familiar places and new players would not mind as that would be their first campaign.

So in the end battle could be won(campaign) but never war so it is endless war as name of the game implies Eternal Crusade.And ofc after you win over campaign what you won influences your next Campaign.

And war on the same planet would be awesome to introduce next races for example:

New campaign started and bam!!!! There was Necron tomb world under that part of the continent and so they are introduced as new race.

And  lets say there is space hulk  that pops out every 3 to 18 days (3 D6) above the planet no matter the campaign you are in at the moment and is persistent in each campaign and bam all can board it and be terrified as who knows what can pop up genestealers or enemy faction as you explore it.

9.Hiding parts of the armor and upgrading armors and weapons - lets say i wanna look like Kharn the betrayer so i can remove my shoulder pads and arms armor or make it invisible so i can show of the biceps and popping veins. Now that would be cool and, you could remove your helmet in that fashion and show your unique looking face.

Now the next idea is that armor should have empty slots in which you can put unique upgrades and parts of armors you found in exploring the world and uncovering relics. These change the look of the specific part of the armor and give you different bonuses. This way you could look unique and customize your self. The stronger armors have for example more slots and combining it whit the best of upgrades you could rely look awe inspiring and be rely powerful on the battlefield.

Armors should also have slots for purity seal that further customize your character  stats and looks.

For weapons same as above for armors.

Now on to the very important number 10:

10. Implementing lore in to the game : In most games you are put in its world suddenly , and you do not know who you are, what are you doing here and what is the purpose of your actions and of your race?

I got in to the Warhammer 40k because i was playing DoW Dark Crusade a few years back and one army was yelling :for the Emperor!!! ,and the other one for the Emperor!!!! - and i was questioning my self is the Emperor they serve the same but why are they fighting then???( Space Marines ,Imperial Guards were those two armies if you are wondering) .So i had to look at the internet to search for this Emperor they were speaking of to see what is the deal? But make no mistake, i played other games and never went to see something on the internet ,or to search for more information about them. But why i did on the Dark Crusade is because the game was mind blowingly GOOD ,unique and badass, and i wanted to know more of this world as i FELT from my involvement in the game that THERE IS RICH history and lore behind it, and i just did not know it!!!!! That is how i got in to Wh40k.

But i dont see the same happening in Wh40k Eternal Crusade to the new players as in DoW DC every unit was screaming badass lines when you click them so by listening to the badass lines you got some information about the race and a lot of questions asking for more????

Solution: Implement those badass line that made DoW 1 and its expansions (Dark Crusade) so badass. If you need a good voice acting for the game this is where you implement it!!! When your character you are playing do something notable or you kill, attack,execute enemies or do specific actions your character you are playing would SCREAM and SHOUT lines that SHATTER MOUNTAINS of how awesome they are!!!

How ever, only you can hear your character as 500 constantly screaming player on battlefield is game breaking. But you should be able to chose in game lines that only you can hear from the list and shout it so that all other players and enemy also can hear them. This should have some kind of COOL DOWN on it so it is not overused.

EXAMPLE:

I SHALL CLAIM YOUR SKULL FOR KHORNE!!!!!!!

PROTECT ME GRANDFATHER NURGLE!!!!!

BOW DOWN TO THE CHANGER OF WAYS!!!!!

LET YOUR SCREAMS PLEASE THE LUSTFUL GOD!!!!! - AHAHAHAHAH!!!   and after that:  SCREAM SOME MORE!!!!!!!

Yes it needs to be something MEMORABLE and AWESOME like the ones above^^^^^. Last words should be pronounced LONGER so it has that awesome screaming effect!

p.s please dont ban me i am simply a chaos worshiper :P

And the second way to implement lore and to interest new player is to put tomes and books like in Skyrim that drop from various places and some are extra rare drops and some can be bought from vendors, found in the ancient ruins or space hulk or a reward for winning the campaign. You could like put them in your personal ship and when you are bored you could sit in your *house* and read them. You can also show them to your friend and read the together.

There should be an option to buy additional bookshelf or several so you could have an impressive collection.OFC books should be more of racial oriented so if you want to know more of your opponent you will have to play them and collect their books full of lore and stories.

Where to find and what to put in these books Developers are asking them selves?? Well there are tons of codexes and novels to pull from but i would prefer codexes of specific race as there are tons of stories and lore in them like when Khorne was so angry that he took his sword and cut the ground in the warp whit so much force and power that the warp in which everything was possible could not return to how it was, and ground was split for eternity never to be return to the previous state.

One thing i forgot and that is, you need pretty pictures that should be present in books you collect from codexes, novels or even some fan art and nice cover ofc as cover of the books you collect should be unique and tempting.

• DecisiveRaindropDecisiveRaindrop Member Posts: 17
    I was going to suggest the same thing :D What I really want to see is the voices for space marines done in the same way as the ones in Dawn of War, not like the ones from Space Marine, Ultramarines, Fire warrior ect.
  • dwarfhunterdwarfhunter Member Posts: 8

this i like parts if not all of these ideas!!.

Devs you better be reading threw this :D

i really like the idea of managing how much ammo of each time is made, maybe something like this could be done for tanks too?

DecisiveRaindrops - yes i agree 100%. The voice acting does not need to be implemented extensively as i DONT want to hear Space Marine Commander or some npc preaching me an hour in full voice as that is such waste of money on voice actors. All i wanna hear is my character screaming and trowing around badass lines and cursing enemy when they harm him. NPC should have short and simple lines and important main NPCs should be more invested in as goes for voice acting than standard NPC. And yes voice acting in this game should be of high quality , and all you need is to look quotes from Daemon Prince, Chaplain ,Space Marine Terminators from DoW Dark Crusade.Voices should be loud screaming, intimidating,inspiring and also loud and understandable of what they are saying. I face palm each time i hear some voices from DoW 2 as most of them were not understandable and to QUIET and some irritating.

And yes Space Marines Should sound like zealous God emperor worshiping knights screaming and cursing in his name.

And Chaos Marines should be Chaos Gods worshiping and screaming lunatics whit badass deep and evil voices

And yes i like voice acting from the main Official Site as it is fitting and understandable they just need more screaming and more Awesome lines and it is all good, especially for chaos and marines.

dwarfhunter - thank you for your support i hope the Developers are reading too, and taking notes as i will put anything good that comes to mind here in the tread. Yes ammo for tanks could work the same way for artillery and mounted heavy bolters, but should not effect vehicles that dont use solid ammo and use only lascannons,meltas for example or maybe they should??????(IT DEPENDS HOW COMPLICATED YOU WANT GAME TO BEE) as for player wielded weapons all should have some forms of solid ammo or power batteries ,but for vehicles it could also bee 100% expendable power and ammo for its weapons, making game more complicated and RESOURCE driven(YES I WOULD LIKE THAT IF IT IS IMPLEMENTED MAKING GAME EXTREMELY TACTICAL!!!! ). Flamers could work as bolters too and have expendable ammo whit limited supply. That could be implemented nicely whit COMBI weapons as lets say they could hold, say 1/10 ammo of their full fledged weapons counterparts + full capacity for main weapons ammo??????? ( I THINK THAT WOULD MAKE COMBI WEAPONS AWESOME AND EXTREMELY USABLE) Tell me what you think........

Now i would like to update my post number 3 and say it shortly that all type of leaders (squad leaders,strike force leaders and War Council should be able to put bounty on players, ofc the higher POSITION the leaders is the higher is the bounty he can put on others. And players can put additional money on bounty making it larger how ever they need to pull *MONEY* from their OWN pockets to put on bounty making it like competition of who will kill the target first. (The ones who deal the most DMG and Finish of target should have the bounty so it can all go to 1 player of 2)!!

now on to innovation number 11:

11.My armor is falling apart - Now in other games you die and you lose some durability of you armor, and what i think of this is (no that is not how it works!!!). Lets say you happen to have a heart attack (i hope no one does,live healthy) does suddenly when you die from heart attack the clothes you are wearing RIP apart too????(hahahahahaha) of course not :P. But (developers are saying) we need to punish player for dying and not being good at surviving so what do we do????

Solution:Armor should have durability but it should be lost little by little when you take every single shot or melee dmg you suffer. But all who die should be equal in death?? No they should not, if you suffer HEAD SHOTS ofc you suffer much more dmg but it is OPPOSITE for your armor as helmet you are wearing (if you are wearing one in the first place) is the smallest peace of the armor thus dmg armor suffers is quite small and only for that piece of armor. This is great and why is that ,because the more skilled players will shot you in head thus you armor will suffer less durability ,while unskilled players who *spray and pray* should be damaging your armor more thus making skilled players to be more wary and avoid incoming shots more, as they should. This would be great incentive for new player(as they would no be punished and suffer less in terms of durability) and for skilled ones to sharpen their skills even more!(to avoid getting shot)

When armor loses durability it should offer less armor protection lowering stats of the armor(purity seals and lets say iron halos and banners should not be affected as we must be reasonable ppl, dont ask to much).

Now as you are lets say killed but the Apothecary somehow found you and manage to put you together or Chaos Gods brought you back ( Orks can transplant heads so no problem there, dont know ideas for Eldars..). you wake up in your base (in building where apothecary works for example) but as you are fixed up you armor is not so you scream and grab your head as you must use your *cash* to fix it up.As you wake up Space Marine apothecary can for example comment:

-i fixed you somehow but i cant do anything for your armor , visit chapter techmarine and see what he can do..

-be careful next time brother

-if i was little to late to find you i would be taking geneseeds out of your corpse brother

Now as for repairing armor it could be done by techmarine or techpriest,big mek??, chaos warpsmith. Players should also be able to repair armor by them selves if they are certain class but they need materials to do so and no money required for themselves and other players, but could maybe ask for compensation in form of REQUISITION POINTS or AMMO or ARMOR, WEAPONS upgrades???

If armor reaches 0% durability dont make it so it disappear making my character naked just dont please????( no GW2 in my Warhammer 40k!!). When armor loses durability it should gain scratches and cracks and bullet holes over it and some blood from enemy if you had melee combat. So you should be looking like you were butchering pigs but they retaliated using power wepons and bolters (it is example ppl dont get angry):P.

Now ofc this is a question for lead programer mister Patric Baltazar, can game have any visible cracks and holes in our armors and blood over it(only like TEXTURES nothing fancy), or it would break games stable frame fate and push servers to much, and could this be some extreme or ultra graphical options for high end computers?So can we have new shinning armor and return from battlefield looking like we butchered pigs who were fighting back using power weapons and bolters?

Ofc weapons should degrade after being used, (like armor after being shot by other players)and better armor and weapons should degrade much slower and extreme cases would be something like MASTER CRAFTED power weapon and most extreme would be RELIC weapons, bolter or armors.

note: Demon possessed weapons and armors should degrade as slowly as Relic weapons but should regenerate when out of combat for some time and so they do not need to be repaired.I guess if durability reaches 0% your daemon weapon is banished you loosing him ,so you kinda need to re-summon it (the Daemon Weapon) from the warp whit help from the chaos sorcerer. When banished daemon weapon could leave something behind like small materialised part of its power in the for of lets say small orb?? so you can re-summon it using the orb???(tell me what you think).

note : All Orks should be able to repair their most simple equipment using what ever they find (yes this is reasonable because their technology does not  make sense so their repair system should not make sense also). How ever more powerful equipment do need to be repaired by orks (player, npc) who are specialised in ork technology (mek boy,big mek).

12.Let the wind caries me - What if the really powerful wind is blowing and when you walk,run against it you are slower but when you run,walk in the same direction you are faster and when hit on sides you are moving slowly toward right - left depended from which side the wind is hitting you. And what if lets say enemy is chasing you and wind is blowing against you so what would happen is he would not catch you if he is to far as wind is affecting him to bu what if enemy is 2-3 meters behind you is you would not be affected by the wind as your enemy is in front of you and taking full effect and preventing it from reaching you?You should know what would happen if you are chasing opponent in the direction of the wind as you would go faster but so is the one you are chasing but if you are close behind him wind would not hit him as you would be preventing that and so you would catch him.

This would work for enemies-allies, allies-allies and enemies- enemies.

And i would like if wind ,movement and explosion that are close to you would effect your purity seals and cloth you have on top of armor and it would move on the wind so to speak. Ofc this is question for lead programer mister Patric Baltazar as can this be implemented and not slow down fps and servers??

I would like if possible response from the Developers of what they think of my ideas and can they be implemented so they can revolutionize the genre?

quotheraving i completely disagree because those old mechanics have no place in Eternal Crusade and neither should their pros and cons be involved in it.

The seasoned players should have better armor thus harder to degrade while  the new players would be killed easily by skilled players whit head shots thus suffering much less degradation of armor to begin whit. What about beginners vs beginners you ask well:

The players must protect them selves from incoming fire and use cover, and beside hp that would go down this would be an excellent learning curve to use cover and tactics as your armor suffers too.And beginning armors are cheaper to repair as their parts can be replaced more easily, and ofc you would not have all weapons from the beginning thus more  harming ones for armor and your self will be in the hands of the skilled players and not new players thus you not being punished to much. As you would be hit in more hurtful places for your self and less hurtful for your armor.

Repairing armor should sink some requisition points and you could ask another player to do it for you if they have specific class that can do it whit materials required thus promoting social aspect and trading.

If your armor is damaged just a little you could repair it whit simple materials your faction gets from mining shafts and asking players that are techpriest or techmarines to do it for any kind of fee as i mentioned above, or ask npc who will ask for more requisition points but you dont need materials as he uses his own, or if armor is severely damaged you must replace whole parts that can drop or be bought for requisition points to patch armor.

note: if upgrade you have put in your armor is implemented in the part of that armor that is severely damaged you loose that upgrade and thus must find new part for the damaged armor to replace it, as when you repair it your upgrade slot will be empty thus you will need new upgrade.(upgrades can be bought,drop,found,made by crafting classes).

example:

You have upgraded your  shoulder pad whit adamantium plating and avanced servomotor for your left shoulder armor (these are 2 separate upgrades) granting greater strength in close combat, little faster attacks whit that arm and greater protection and durability of that part of armor.You get that part damaged you have to get repairs at local npc for some requisition points or for half of that by buying materials or take limited supply that is created at mining shafts (finding,steeling from enemy convoys,drops) and perform repairs yourself if you are techmarine of ask of another player trading something in return. If it is damaged beyond repairs you lose upgrades in that part of armor and  that armor piece offers none of its bonuses so you have to buy whole part of that armor and replace it and doing so opens up upgrade felds as previous upgrade is lost whit damaged part.

Dont forget that here you can lose parts of armor and upgrades and other mmoes dont have that, and still have repair armor mechanic that is simply a MONEY sink whit nothing behind it so dont tell me it will not work here. No excuses will work as for why repair system should not be implemented for this new mechanic if put in game.

note: Mining shafts dig ore, melt it and put it in shape that manifactorums can use(metal bars). These metal bars go to manifactorum and produce ammo and other stuff(limited), if you need more information of how it goes further down the line read PREVIOUS posts. Materials(metal bars can be requested for no fee at the mining shafts in limited number every 1 hour) and it affects production of ammo and other expendable stuff down the line. Metal bars cam be bought at manifactorum for fee at large numbers but even further affects production of ammo and other expendable stuff. Production of expendable stuff and ammo can be reduced to maximum of 5% whit requests from mining shafts(number of metal bars that player can carry like ammo is limited), requesting for fee at manifactorum can reduce production of expendable products(ammo,grenades,power batteries,parts,upgrades) by additional 45%(weapons and armors are not affected as they have their constant quote of materials that come from shafts, and yes they are limited in number but mostly advanced ones are). Maximum ammo and expendable stuff production reduced is 50%. so it is ammo vs armor, offense vs defense management or resources.

innovation number 13:

13. I sound different when wearing helmet: What if your character would sound a little bit different when screaming and yelling at the enemy when wearing helmet and when not wearing one. If you can put helmet to be INVISIBLE or REMOVE it ,you would hear your character normal voice but when you put helmet on your character gains sound filter ,and the same lines he speaks in combat sound much deeper and metallic. This would work well for space marines ,Chaos Marines and Eldar but i suppose not on orks as their face is never fully covered as far as i know it.

This would make terminator have that deep voice when wearing helmet like in DoW 1 and not wearing one or making it invisible, you would have your standard marine badass voice.

One more think i forgot to say is that by having people at manifactorum and mining shafts to use their unique features and by having resource circulate from mining shafts- manifactorum -fortresses and players interacting whit them , the player base will be divided between them thus creating less problems for servers i suppose and better performance overall. and this is where that smaller player combats of 10 to 20 people will happen.Correct me if i am wrong.

• windbringerwindbringer Member Posts: 16

An item degrading system does not fit in the lore. In the lore one suite of armour tends too be over a thousand years old and is counted as a relic of a past age if you broke it you could be put too death,  If you damage your armour more resources would be put into fixing the armour then healing you. 

No eldar, spacemarine, or chaos marine would pay too fix there armour, The tech marines(or bone singers heratechs etc) would fix it as part of there duty too the race.

Also try not too think of this game as an mmo think of it more like space marine or planet side 2.

The mind of the Farseer is utterly inhuman in its depth and complexity. Without mercy or moral feeling, his consciousness stands upon the edge of spiritual destruction. That he does not fall must be a result of constraints and balances that only an Eldar could understand. To a mere Human it is yet another reminder that we are but children in comparison to that ancient and powerful race.

quotherraving Oh how wrong you are:

-What you suggest is 100% pure shooting and killing and siege warfare while collecting points for your deeds and the buying what you need, i am 100% right  am i not? So what is there to do beside that how long before you get bored as you got best gun and unlock everything? Now someone like you might like that kind of game (planatside2) that is basicly same as you want, but do you honestly want Planetside 2 whit pve and TPS? Not that it cant be cool and enjoyable by being simple game like that but 100 different ppl have 100 different taste so..I would enjoy game if it was like that 100% but how long would i play it that is the question?

-What is innovative is the system of resource management for whole race and, how race as a whole can manage resources routes, manage what manifactorums to activate by linking them to mining shafts and deciding where is best to pour that mining effort on the planet. Because each manifactourun produces different king of equipment.Yes there are several mining shafts and several manifactorums so you can mix and mach.Your ammo production is limited, and based on the mining shafts and routs of transport you decite and manage, you can put it all to ammo and expendable equipment production while spending requisition for repairing your armor. Or you could reduce ammo production and use resources from mining to directly repair armor thus saving up requisition for some cool piece of expensive armor.

-Have you not read all my posts all is connected, thus you can LOOT other faction convoys that carry resources and even ammunition and expendable stuff ,and actually HURT your opponent by doing so!How is that not innovative??

-I have posted 10 pages of text and some stuff are implemented in other game( the good stuff )and by adding it to this game could make it so much unique and dont tell me that every game have what i wrote in all my posts that you can actually call it pig whit lipstick , and if you are talking only about armor repair when talking about pig whit lipstick let me ask you how is everything made, what is the first step? ofc it is the gathering resources but you are not doing it nor do you refine it you just manage it. You can not disagree that everything that is ever made was first collected from earth like minerals and metals and that is a starting point of everything. You can not just trow it away as it is basic for everything and it is my personal opinion that it should be in the game.

-All these production and distribution lines are vulnerable from attack of other faction to Tyranids and it can all affect you. They can steal you resources,ammo,grenades that are in transition from mining shaft to manifactorums to fortresses and all have different kind of goodies that enemy players can attack not just their starting locations and then use what they looted against you, while you need to send ppl to defend the and change TRAVELING ROUTES making it highly tactical warfare!

-I am personally responsible for more than 70% of stuff i wrote and that i created as i was writing, while other 30% are not mine ideas that already existed in other games and were wrote by other PEOPLE that spend their free time writhing on internet like i do now so please dont call it pig whit lipstick when much of this no other game has.Of course everything has some inspiration and starting point but what you called it is over the top.Respect other fans even if they are wrong if they are trying to better the game and have all the best wishes for it by giving new ideas to Developers who are listening and as 2 head are better than one so it is all for better game. Mine and your opinion are both important so dont forget why we are here! So dont get angry at me, i am not trying to scold you and perhaps your was is the better way just respect the time i am investing for the mutual goal.

-You did say something about the loot and drops being all the same so i will tell you this. Why can one not go explore and find something unique on lets say Space Hulk or ancient underground tunnels below the planet. Who knows what can be found and exploring and finding something unique is satisfying and rewarding so why not?

-As for crafting, every race should have crafting dedicated class for example: Techmarine and Meckboy and this is part of the lore so why not implement it as it is?And no one can repair something he/she does not have materials to patch the holes :P And that is what i am representing here and would like to be in game but no one wants the same stuff i guess.

-As for the simplicity everything here i wrote is quite simple because whit 1page of text i wrote exactly  how it should be implemented in game whit all the details and explained it so it is quite simple to me. So 1 page of information can make the game a total new experience.

-But please if you have something better on mind please write here in this tread, i would like to see what you have in mind. If you suggest something awesome i will fully support it.And no this tread is not only for me write something ppl lets better the game together.

Windbringer- i see what you are saying but armor can certainly  get damaged whit bullet holes and then fixed up? Or that is a no to?Spare parts?

-But please if you have something better on mind please write here in this tread, i would like to see what you have in mind. If you suggest something awesome i will fully support it.And no this tread is not only for me write something ppl lets better the game together.

or just use this thread

we already got there 166 posts of ideas so we dont need another thread ^^

there are also lots of posts von quotheraving ;)

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

Originally posted by quotheraving

"there are also lots of posts von quotherraving ;)" God not you too... sticking extra r's in my name makes me feel like tony the tiger :P

im sorry :(

i just copied from Odolusssasss cause i always forget how to write your name :D

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

Originally posted by quotheravin

No worries Sausij :])

lol some of my friends call me like that when they want to tease me!

WHO ARE YOU!? expose yourself!

well back to topic ;)

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

Savij:

No no you misunderstand, this tread is not like suggestion tread as it is more for game changing mechanics as a whole and not per single character like abilities,attacks.

It is for something that is innovative, simple to implement and would make game fun.

The suggestion tread is more per characters and abilities, race specific but i dont want to discuss that, as i dont know anything about the game or its mechanics in that field. The closest i can imagine is Space Marine game, but god i do hope the game is not like that as spamming buttons and that one button for combo stun is extremely repetitive.

I would like variations on that regard,more complexed combos and movement skills that can be executed on their own or in combination creating new attack that has both implemented in the same time?

quotheraving: 2 r is the miss type >.< .

Savij:

No no you misunderstand, this tread is not like suggestion tread as it is more for game changing mechanics as a whole and not per single character like abilities,attacks.

It is for something that is innovative, simple to implement and would make game fun.

The suggestion tread is more per characters and abilities, race specific but i dont want to discuss that, as i dont know anything about the game or its mechanics in that field. The closest i can imagine is Space Marine game, but god i do hope the game is not like that as spamming buttons and that one button for combo stun is extremely repetitive.

I would like variations on that regard,more complexed combos and movement skills that can be executed on their own or in combination creating new attack that has both implemented in the same time?

quotheraving: 2 r is the miss type >.< .

the thread is about ideas and suggestions for eternal crusade so its the same thread here

but i dont mind you can fill this thread alone i think^^

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

Savij yes both treads are suggestions,but mine is much more influential on the large scale and changes game dramatically in most cases. I appreciate that you think that i can fill this tread nicely my self. So i am here now to continue to do that because i could not these past days as i had a bit of a cold and so my replay is little bit of late.

This will *probably* be my last post for this tread(for innovations and not for replies) as i will wrap things here and add some crazy stuff, and make absolutely sense of this games setting and everything i put in each of my posts so they all connect well and dont break the lore.

Also i have to apologize to the Lead Game Programer Patrick Balthazar for writing his name wrong several times...

-Now an update on my number 2 post about the spikes and heads. I suppose that there will be NPC characters of each race (around the bases and military posts) and you could cut of their heads and put on your spikes and when player of the faction of which the head was taken kills that player that impaled NPC head on his spike ,the defeated player looses that head and the one who killed him gains small requisition reward. Everything else works the same as in post 2(as for how you get the spikes in the first).

Now on to innovation number 14:

14. My bullets are bouncing off - When i think of the Space Marine or Chaos Marine i think of the Tiger tank but if it would be Tiger tank whit 200km/h speed, 1 second 360 angle rotation of the main gun, ridiculous reloading speed and accuracy. It sound very terrifying doesnt it? Now the accuracy,gun rotation and reload speed is in hands of the player but what about the fact that its armor is like that of the tank ,well i have an idea of how to implement it well!!

First of, every heavy armored unit (Chaos,Space Marines in standard or terminator armor and Mega armored Nobz) would have shared ability,  to IF HIT at the very edge of armor, where the armor it self is mostly curved, every SOLID type of ammo would instantly bounce off(no affect on plasma or lascanons weapons or similar ones). This would make player who is shooting at such targets very frightened as his bullets that hit at the edge of the armor would bounce off thus making the game very emotional and immersive for players. The bouncing off mechanic would work from every angle you are shooting and the edge of an armor, and that edge is like 2/10 of total surface of player that the enemy is seeing form his  perspective. This would not make such players whit heavy armors overpowered as it  would have no effect on non solid ammo or grenades or flamers and skilled players would not be that affected. The bouncing off would be in all sides including sides of arms and legs,torso and shoulder pads and top and sides of helmet.

Now for direct hit you would have ammo penetrating animation or splashing blood one and for bouncing off, the one that is unique and shows where the bullet is redirected. Why, because the bullet would still harm target that is hit by the redirected bullet, but if hit by one you would suffer lets say 1/3 of its original DMG. But what happens if that target has also heavy armor and it bounces off and the third target has also heavy armor and it bounces off again would it not create infinite loop of bouncing off if lucky? Well it would certainly be fun to watch :P, but if it would bounce of the second time it would just fall on the ground, and thus no chain bounce would be created. So first bounce would be just change of direction whit loosing of power for bullet but second would show it being so slow that after bouncing off it drops on the ground 1 to 2 meters after.

This would be effect that is shown not the animation of each bullet or something that ridiculous ofc.

The bullet that is bounced off would do damage to your armor as it would loose some durability but only like 1/10 that it would be if it was penetrating hit, and second bounced off one would do 1/30.Bounced off bullets thus deal no DMG to your HEALTH and only harm your armor in very diminished way.

And as i am firm believer that durability should be implemented in the game, you should have some kind of HEALTH / DURABILITY / EXHAUSTION bars that would be seen on your screen. Thus you could monitor your state of armor and possibly have it repaired before some parts are permanently destroyed on the battlefield. You could do that whit assistance of friendly Techmarine player in the THICK of battle, or return to your base and NPC can do it too. Thus if careful you could never have armor part destroyed trow your whole gameplay!!! (forgot to add this in my durability post - the armor monitoring)

Now i have mentioned EXHAUSTION bar and what does this mean? Well lets say all classes and races have 1m/s movement speed when walking slowly , 2m/s speed when marching ,5m/s when running, and ONLY some races would have 15 m/s sprinting speed (Chaos marines,Space Marines, Eldar) that can be activated for short periods of time using exhaustion bar. This would be activated as Nitro in racing games and would last few seconds only. This could be activated so you could be less likely to be shot as you sprint towards the cover, make tactical retreat or super charge as you push aside, and hurt all enemies that you crash in, making them fly of to sides as you charge, and no this would not work as shoulder bash in Space Marine but more as a bull charging and not stopping as you go through crowd of people as long as you hold sprint button ( no this does not work whit fragile and small Eldar ). Ofc you could manage this bar as  you like as it could be activated for time period of your choosing (as long as you are holding the button for it). Well then want about the Orks ?? Well Orks could paint their armor red and have constant 6m/s running speed so they could eventually catch you.

15. The story and the setting of the game - Now you all know how every single game in Wh40k franchise goes (it is either Xenos invasion or Xenos than Chaos pops up, or some artifact hunt or some conquest of planet. I on the other hand have much better and not used idea so far that would justify several Chaos legions and Chapters, Craftworld and Ork Warbands fight over a single planet . As i could not see reason for so much factions going at a single planet at the same time i created my own reasons that FITS whit everything i have said so far in this tread.

Now, not only will i justify whole mmo whit different races and multiple Chapters ,Legions, Craftworlds, Warbands working together but i will justify my whole gameplay mechanics in game that i like to be implemented and i have spent this whole tread to describe. Also i WILL add WHY you could CONSTANTLY  ADD NEW RACES AND DIFFERENT LEGIONS, CHAPTERS, WARBANDS, CRAFTWORLDS as game is expanded after launch and here it is:

The planet that all races are attacking have so much value because:

-It is isolated planet whit not much populace but it has some large cities here and there, but the planet is soon to be discovered that it has extreme amounts of metals and minerals that are necessary for creating top quality grade equipment for war effort.

-It is discovered that in the jungles and various places around the planet lies ancient manifactorums, and these production facilities have capability and records of how to produce lost technology at massive rate and among them, is of how to produce Ancient Power Armors and Titans!!!

-In the past the chapter of the Space Marines that governed this planet was successor chapter of the Iron Hands and was called  Adamantium Smiths whit color scheme of (Black,Blue and Silver), but they were completely annihilated by some unknown means thus their factories were forgotten, and swallowed by the forest and thus the planet have been out of sight by rest of the galaxy.

So this leads to this:

Some xxxxx Imperium of Man ship has discovered this and this leads to:

-Several Space Marines chapter heard of this and the word is still spreading around thus many chapter have send their forces to this planet to take it as it would be a great asset to take this planet under their rule. Rediscovering ancient technologies benefiting all space marine chapters and Imperium thus all Chapters have Agreed to set their differences and work together for the Emperor as this planet is hope that imperium of Man could turn the tide, of this all front war whit enemy forces that are tearing it apart (daemons,aliens,heretics).

-One Space Marine chapter heading towards the planet feel in the warp at the hands of the Chaos gods worshiping Chaos Space Marines thus rediscovering their plans. Hearing this form the said Chaos Space Marine Legion Abaddon the Despoiler send the order of cooperation to all Chaos Legions so that Chaos may take this planet under their command and from their launch attack further in to Imperium whit NEW grade equipment for his chaos Legions.

-The one Ork weirdboy had vision of this, from Gork and Mork and they said that this planet would have a lot of dakka on it for looting and producing a lot more over time, so several Warbands must unite and attack together to mach opposing forces that are strong so several Ork warbands have started traveling to this planet in hopes of fight and lots of loot and goodies.

-The Eldar predicted this, and they knew that which ever race gets this planet either way they would be in lots of hurt so they went too, to sabotage all races from getting this lost technology while using its facilities to have advantage over other races by assimilating this advanced facility for their own needs for war over this planet.

-Tyranids were near this planet and as it has lots of biomass attacked it first before other races came gaining foothold on planet when other races arrived.

And for the other races:

-Sisters of Battle want to jump on the same bandwagon so they later came too(Sister of Battle added in game)

-Chaos Space marines had no upper hands after some time so they opened warp portal for Daemons of Chaos(Chaos added in game)

-Grey Knights heard of this demonic incursion so they came too, and ofc thy will claim it for them selves and inquisition (grey knights added in game)

-Necrons had their tomb ship under one war zone, so they awaken because of all the noise above (Necrons added in game)

-Tau heard of this fun party so they jumped in and started asking ppl to join them for the greater good(Tau added in game)

-Dark Eldar went to steal from other races resources and make some fresh slaves while they are busy whit each other (Dark Eldar added in game)

-Adeptus Machanicus started screaming when they heard there is war on planet whit lost technology and someone could damage it, so they went to claim planet for the Machine God(Adeptus Mechanicus added in game)

And as you play game you will discover what happened whit planet and its chapter of Space Marines as you venture over this planet and Space Hulk that reappears above every 3D6 days and the lost space marine chapter(The Adamantium Smiths) relics and secrets are discovered as the Space Hulk that appears on 3D6 days above the planet have parts of this Lost Chapter Ships integrated in it self....

So what do you ppl think? post and comment.

O i forgot the Imperial Guards so here it is:

-They were sick and tired of wearing only a T-shirts so they came to claim the planet for themselves and equip some proper power armor (Imperial Guards added in game) :P

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

Most of these ideas are utopic (in a perfect environment of infinite budget, time , crew experience/capacity and 0 latency by the user side) and insane the way they are described , mostly a derivative of surreal expectations

Im actually wondering if you are serious or not

I know my post sounds agressive but im not, im just giving my critics I too always had in my head the idea of the perfect game, but I recognize that most of them are too impossible to be achieved.

Feel free to retaliate/answer Im giving my fair and honest opinion based on a very long time of observing the genre limits

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• obsolete5obsolete5 Member Posts: 82

i dont have time now to read all but i like some of the ideas and as a tabletop player i like the heads on spikes idea that could be fun, like the chaos lord HQ is holding a helmet some terminators with helmets and tyranids on their shoulder spikes, its prettty badass

i also agree that a real 40k game deserves efforts put into it and a really amazing game not just another run of the mill thing

• freakishbeanfreakishbean Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Originally posted by obsolete5

i dont have time now to read all but i like some of the ideas and as a tabletop player i like the heads on spikes idea that could be fun, like the chaos lord HQ is holding a helmet some terminators with helmets and tyranids on their shoulder spikes, its prettty badass

i also agree that a real 40k game deserves efforts put into it and a really amazing game not just another run of the mill thing

Customizable banners, cosmetics for your character, scrolls, chains, skulls, all that stuff. Gimme that, and maybe a pet servoskull, and I'll be okay.

Needing is Wanting...
    Wanting is Coveting...
    Coveting is Sinning...
    I am SO going to Hell.

Originally posted by dinams

Most of these ideas are utopic (in a perfect environment of infinite budget, time , crew experience/capacity and 0 latency by the user side) and insane the way they are described , mostly a derivative of surreal expectations

Im actually wondering if you are serious or not

I know my post sounds agressive but im not, im just giving my critics I too always had in my head the idea of the perfect game, but I recognize that most of them are too impossible to be achieved.

Feel free to retaliate/answer Im giving my fair and honest opinion based on a very long time of observing the genre limits

we cant say what ressources and options EC-Team has so we are just here to make suggestions and ideas

we dont need to care if it is possible to implement, thats the devs job ^^

so keep the idea factory working everyone! regardless how realistic our ideas are, as long even a single word of this idea inspire one of the devs to improve our game can we be proud!

We are the sexy half naked muses to the devs!

Other EC Sites i'm in:
    Dakkadakka Savij
    Reddit EC Savij1337

dinams - well as you have stated you opinion, that has a lot of truth behind it ,i will retaliate in most pleasant way possible :P

You see what kills every game is:     - lack of focus

- lack of innovation or improvement from its predecessor

- failing to realize previous 2 mentioned in game (failing to turn ideas to reality or badly implementing them)

So what i do here is give ideas, and direction of what i think the game should take. And this is because 100 or 200 people who work on the game cant be expected to think of everything, and by asking fans they can use some awesome ideas that fans think off to make game better. As all game developers should ,as lets say gathering all the best ideas from fans and implementing them in game and thus choosing focus for the game is great for development.

What you are concerned is that even if ideas are good they could never be implemented because $$$ and time is needed to do so, which you think this game does not have?

But if you look at most of my earlier posts i share the same concern, as i have stated that if you cant implement it and would be to much of a strain then dont do it. And so i have put numerus ways to cut budget in my posts from not needing extreme voice overs and spending money on those just make our character sounding badass in first place and npc should be whit short lines if they have any to begin whit. Or to do several zones on the single planet while returning to old war zones from time to time, than to create new planet each month or two which is ridiculous.

I have because of that put ideas that can be implement easily, so that very little new stuff need to be crated, and you basically need to use, manipulate, modify what you already have in game and not reinvent everything. Yes ofc SOME STUFF I PUT NEEDS TO BE CREATED FROM GROUND UP but only 1/3 of what i put, and because i would like game to be unique and have all this different stuff so you could truly enjoy it. The game is also sandbox so no singleplayer story (where most of money for even mmoes goes) so i hope they can implement all the cool stuff i mentioned : ).

As for am i serious when i wrote all this stuff well ofc not (did you not read how each new faction should be implemented and introduced in game in game) :P and ofc i was not serious when i wrote idea number 2 :P, but i turned it in SERIOUS one in my last post as ppl have been telling me wtf it breaks lore and such. So some criticism helped me improve my original ideas that was more for trolling in something badass as obsolite5 told me :P

absolite5 - i agree 100% spikes and heads on them are cool, and game should have its own flavor. It should be unique so i can be proud and say this is the game i am playing and i enjoy every second of it ,and that i can spend a lot of time on it when ever i have it to spend it on.                                                   

Also that the time invested on some forums was read by Devs and some got even got a small chance to be implemented is extremely nice and rewarding to those who wrote them : ).

And to the Developer make the spikes that you can put on weapons and armor so you can place heads of your enemies on them the PRE ORDER bonus, it would be very cool :P. Ofc only few like 3 and and they are expendable items so you need to buy them from cash shops for new armors and if you want more of them, as something like that would be gladly bought by fans who want to support the game.That is how things work in GW2 for example.

Savij - yes!! forge the steel while it is hot!!!!