Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'm A Sad Panda =(

ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424

Well damn.... This is what I get for never checking my Yahoo mail.

I signed up for the ESO online beta with multiple email accounts to increase my chances of getting in at some point. So I went to check my email a minute ago and I guess I actually got accepted into Friday's beta test so... this really sucks guess I just learned to check my email at least once a day.

Comments

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

So do you only get one beta test per key...?

I'd say not. They'll be other test nights/weekends.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
    That's what I am hoping for but from what I have heard they have so many applicants not many people have been invited to into the other test but hopefully because this was simply a stress test beta I will get invited into another one at some point it still sucks though. I have been wanting to see what this game was truly like even if it was just through a stress test. There has been so much bad hype and I really want to know if it is justified or not.
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

I think you will get a chance again. They will probably send you another e-mail asking you why you missed this beta test. Just answer the questions and give them a reason why and you should get more invites :)

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• zimikezimike Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Hopefully you can get into next beta. I had a blast even if it was for only 3 hours :) Wish I could share the details, but you all know about that NDA thing and all...
  • B0reasB0reas Member UncommonPosts: 8

Originally posted by Shauneepeak

Well damn.... This is what I get for never checking my Yahoo mail.

I signed up for the ESO online beta with multiple email accounts to increase my chances of getting in at some point. So I went to check my email a minute ago and I guess I actually got accepted into Friday's beta test so... this really sucks guess I just learned to check my email at least once a day.

That sort of thing has happened to me before; You may get an email in a few days that will be a follow-up to your beta invite, I have heard others received them if they did not show up. It sounds as though that is an opportunity to make a case for staying in, but take that with a large grain of salt or two. It is not known if the key is good for one or multiple testing events however, so there is a chance you will get in.

Originally posted by Hokie

So do you only get one beta test per key...?

I'd say not. They'll be other test nights/weekends.

It depends on whether or not you are re-invited once you receive a key, as there has been mention of those who show activity level and contribution being more highly favored for recurring testing phases. Although it may be that one is locked in if they receive a key, I haven't been able to find concrete information on the matter.

• TibbzTibbz Member UncommonPosts: 613
    OP your NDA.... you broke it.... 

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Originally posted by Tibbz

Sometimes a fellow just can't win for losing. And then some one comes along and rubs salt into their wound... ;)

• CarnicideCarnicide Member UncommonPosts: 222
    That's what I am hoping for but from what I have heard they have so many applicants not many people have been invited to into the other test but hopefully because this was simply a stress test beta I will get invited into another one at some point it still sucks though. I have been wanting to see what this game was truly like even if it was just through a stress test. There has been so much bad hype and I really want to know if it is justified or not.

I got into the beta, and I honestly don't understand the bad hype. The game is very fluid and tons of fun. They really improved the combat system. To each his/her own though, that's just my opinion after all.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Originally posted by Crazy_Stick
    Originally posted by Tibbz

Sometimes a fellow just can't win for losing. And then some one comes along and rubs salt into their wound... ;)

Well technically he didnt, I know most beta's they ask you not to inform anyone you have been accepted into beta. However that is clearly stated on the registration page or on the invite itself. 

As this is an invite that does not have an NDA, and it does not mention this as part of the sign-up ( know personally ).

Technically he has not yet agreed to an NDA, and they have technically not yet asked him to agree to an NDA.

Oh and as far as the issue goes, I would use that handy little phone number they include, give them a call if you are worried and ask them. They include that number because they wanna be called, something I have NEVER seen on a beta invite before all the way back to the dark ages and Everquest.

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    Originally posted by Carnicide

I got into the beta, and I honestly don't understand the bad hype. The game is very fluid and tons of fun. They really improved the combat system. To each his/her own though, that's just my opinion after all.

I hope I share your enjoyment when/if I get the chance at a beta invite, I really do. But I'm so jaded now, and everything I've read and seen makes me very skeptical of this title. I truly hope I'm wrong.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• spaniard81spaniard81 Member Posts: 59

Sad Panda?

So was Sexual Harassment Panda

Hope you find your Island of Misfit Mascots!  :)

• CarnicideCarnicide Member UncommonPosts: 222
    The game is a lot better grouped though. If you get a chance find someone and group with them, it can get tough which is a breath of fresh air.