Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tasos Update, September 6th

We've been working on everything we talked about in our last update and I wanted to touch on a few subjects today:

Our next patch will probably be a patch containing a lot of fixes we've been working on and this should happen sometime next week. This patch is independent of our next content patch which will contain the new Skirmisher school, the Duelist. The ETA for this content patch is next Friday, with a chance (depending on how testing goes) that we may want to wait until after the weekend to launch the school. I posted an introduction to the Duelist today that describes its skills and purpose.

The Korean/Japanese beta is going well, but we couldn't help noticing comments on the forums some of which have been complaining that they get more stuff than we do, mostly about some "fluff" items that were visible in the Asian gameplay videos and screenshots. I mentioned before that the Asian version is a co-development. This means that to a certain extent we are developing parts of the Asian version together with Mgame. It's also a first beta test, meaning that we are trying out a lot of things that may not make it into the release, and others that will make it into both versions of the game. I've also mentioned that the western version will benefit from everything the Asian version has to offer and the gameplay features will be the same in both versions (where that applies).

Having said that, I should mention that development on Darkfall Unholy Wars is one single effort, and everything we're working on right now is going towards improving the game as a whole.

There was also some speculation on the forums that we aren't as diligent as we should be where it comes to real money transactions. This notion couldn't be further from the truth. We unfortunately have to spend a lot of time fighting against RMT. We have a zero tolerance policy and we actively enforce it daily investigating even what one may be tempted to call "minor cases". We feel that RMT is a cancer on the game economy and we are very dedicated in not allowing it to do damage. This week alone we banned hundreds of accounts associated with real money transactions. In short, we're doing everything we can on our end. If you want to help in our effort, please don't use these services.

Thank you for reading

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?379303-Update-September-6th

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

Comments

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360

Duelist - The new Skirmisher School

<blockquote restore="" "=""> This is an introduction to the Duelist, the new Skirmisher school, from our upcoming content patch. The information comes from Tassos Vourexakis from our QA department:

Duelist is a fast paced, high skill role that will bring twitch-play back into the equation. The equivalent of an ultra high mobility melee glass cannon. With easy to land, low-cooldown, high-damage skills, we expect this to be the role of choice for the experienced pvpers out there.

Skills such as Flurry greatly reduce the melee protections of even the hardiest of armors. Lacerate will be more than useful against the caster-types, with a high damage burst, high damage bleed, and penalty to casting speed for the unfortunate victims.

More fun pvp tools will be skills such as Pummel, a long lasting blinding attack with a movement speed debuff to boot. Lunge is a powerful short-cooldown, medium-range ray attack that duelists will use relentlessly to chase and cut down their foes.

Duelist ultimate skill will reset all his cooldowns, including cooldowns from other schools. It will also give a hefty armor bonus in melee and arrow protections, double his crit chance using all his attacks and restore a big amount of his mana, for that extra boost in stat management.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279

Darkfall: Unholy Wars is like the runescape of mmos. 1990s graphics and animation.

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    Originally posted by funcon

Darkfall: Unholy Wars is like the runescape of mmos. 1990s graphics and animation.

True if you play in a 1990 computer.  I have attached the graphic demo video for your pleasure.

• ScubaSteve34ScubaSteve34 Member Posts: 18
    DFUW is terrible, the DEVs left it a buggy mess with shit animations and mediocre game play. They refuse to do anything about it and avoid listening to the only people still playing the game, the fans. Hopefully this post will help other hard working people avoid spending a dime on this god awful game. Thats not to say it doesn't have potential, its just they keep heading farther in the wrong direction. Give up and go home DFUW, its over.
  • ilivesilives Member Posts: 418

I assume Tasos song and dance is in response to this thread?

https://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?378989-Are-EU-NA-going-to-be-secondary-markets-for-DFUW

V, some kind of simple clarification at this point I think would be greatly appreciated by everyone. It's a serious non-troll question.

• Is the majority (or "better part of", shall we say) of your focus now going to be on the Asian market? As active paying customers, some of which have been here for many years, I think it's safe to say we have the right to at least know (or be given a prognosis of) what's reasonably ahead in this regard.

• Due to the launch in Korea we've already seen an interruption in development for the NA/EU side of Unholy Wars. Should we continue to expect interruptions and a slower pace of development as we have experienced in the month of August, or now that August is over, can we expect the rate of updates and content to continue as it was in the first few months of the game (seemingly every 2 weeks or so)? What kind of pace of development should we expect in light of your work in Korea?

• There are currently unaddressed key issues that have nothing to do with content, and that if addressed, would make the game fun and playable even in its current state regardless of anything else. Things like role balance (so the PVP is far more interesting than most find it now), village buffs (so people other than naked alts actually bother stealing/defending and initiating PVP there), loot table changes (so there's a reason to go BACK to a mob spawn after you've finished its feat), and tower nerfs (so raiding cities is actually feasible again) would all bring hundreds of players back into the game alone.

• Despite the clamor on the forums citing the aforementioned issues, they seem to have been ignored in light of sea content, and then further by the Korean launch apparently taking precedent over the live game, which brings us to today. Would it not make sense and be a huge relief to your playerbase if the current game was made to be a much more enjoyable and less antagonizing experience BEFORE adding more content that will then additionally require revision?
    AV, your game is on steam now. You're reaching for a wider audience (something we've accepted at this point), yet you're still tending to treat the community like it's DF1 all over again. In your own self-interest, please consider communicating about the things that matter in a reasonable and timely manner (especially because it costs you nothing and makes a world of difference) and even better, addressing those things before adding others which will then also need addressing.

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

Wait Wait, let me stop laughing.  Did anyone else catch this?

Tasos and Co are diligent in their fight against RMT's. 

Tasos and Co are currently in testing to release an Asian version of the game.

What?  Dude, you guys are developing a game for the capitol of RMT and gold spam?  Are you guys for real?

I know, I know, I'm being a little ridiculous, but it's still funny.

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418
    Originally posted by DAS1337

What?  Dude, you guys are developing a game for the capitol of RMT and gold spam?  Are you guys for real?

Yet the Asian version will have a CASH SHOP. they don't want RMTs that cut into their RMTs.  $$$$

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by ilives
    Originally posted by DAS1337

Yet the Asian version will have a CASH SHOP. they don't want RMTs that cut into their RMTs.  $$$$

They don't want competition regarding RMT cash and want to establish monopol.

ALL the RMT cash belongs to AV.....MAFIA behaviour.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)