Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Servers

ZeddakisZeddakis Member UncommonPosts: 156
So I picked up a box copy of the game yesterday, since it sounded like their server issues had been addressed. I went though the character creation process and when I went to select the server my friends are on it tells me I can't create a character on that server. So this issue is still going on? I have been refreshing for the last two days hoping at some point I would be able to finish the process. Do they rotate servers so at some point I might be able to join my  to friend's server? The server is Behemoth. Thanks for any insight or information!

Comments

• DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/80cd4583bf743600105b947d6906d0909189e479

They just updated the character creation list, now most US servers are now able to, japan on the other hand most of them you can not.

• DzoneDzone Member UncommonPosts: 371
    yep looks like behemoth still can't create characters, but maybe later today if you lucky.
  • ZeddakisZeddakis Member UncommonPosts: 156
    Have to say this is really disappointing. I thought they had all of this fixed now?
  • NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    It's based on server load.  Honestly I would say start on another server and transfer because until transfer comes behemoth probably won't be open to much.  And, after transfers I see a lot of people moving off of it since it's been locked since EA basically.
    If they were going to give everyone at least one free transfer I might be inclined, but I don't think they have said they will do that. Also I play MMOs to play with other people and prefer to be where the people I want to play with are.
  • SengellSengell Member UncommonPosts: 30
    In a current later post update Yoshida says that they are further adressing the issues asap and it was more like a little hotfix so far. For example they are still halting their digital download sellings of the game.
    Originally posted by Sengell
    In a current later post update Yoshida says that they are further adressing the issues asap and it was more like a little hotfix so far. For example they are still halting their digital download sellings of the game.

Well I went ahead and rolled on another server, since I just didn't want to throw my free time away. I hope they do the right thing when everything is working as it should and give everyone one free transfer. I don't want to have to re-roll and have to go through the starting cut scenes and run you around the city quests again.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    they upped it!but you ask s-e to take on the whole wow world wide community!nobody is ready for 600kconcurrent player at 5 pm each night!as for server size?how big can they make them?towelliee alone as about 5000 viewer so its safe to say him alone bring in 5k if sodapoppin play this game?he alone bring 10 others is no server that can take on this many player on a short notice!I play on the newest server in an and it is always overflowing with player.you guessed it!ff14 v2is a major success.nobody anticipated!by next weekend server pressure should get relaxed a bit .they all probably either add capacity(my hope)if they raise each server cap to 10k it should fix this issue for about a week!(the time for word of mouth to fill it back up lol.