Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is people loosing interest in Archeage?

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

It is bad when a westernized version takes too long and it does hurt the games since some players just run out of steam waiting eventually.

But I think most of the reason we had so few posts about the game lately is because there have been few news about it so we really doesn't have that much to discuss at the moment.

Even if many people have lost interest about the game right now the game can still be a huge success if it is good enough, once a good game is running the players will bring in their friends and so on and people who were hypoed about it earlier will remember it and give it a shot.

However if the game isn't good enough it will sink as a stone.

We will just have to wait and see, right now is my hype meeter zero but it might rise a lot around launch, it really depends on what we hear about it then.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

It isn't on my radar at the moment, but I am still interested in it. I haven't heard anything in over a month for both ArcheAge and Blade & Soul. There isn't much to do other than wait. I'm hoping they announce some sort of beta schedule by the end of this year, but that may take a miracle. TRION has been quite silent the past couple of months.

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    Originally posted by Ticklepink
    I was soooo hyped for this game until I saw a Starbucks in world.

That is definitely the point the hype I had deflated.

• SkaldirSkaldir Member UncommonPosts: 48

Two years ago I heard about this game and have been stoked ever since, slowly but surely I have been losing interest though.
    I think it was a bad move for Trion to announce its right to publish so early, the localization of the game is taking too long and that is hurting the game. I watched the interview with Trion's community managers dahanese and OverloadUT today at PAX Prime where the question about ArcheAge's status passed by, they basically said they still have to figure out westernization and the like to prep for alpha and beta, so we're still very far away from playing.

Meanwhile other MMO's have shown up on the radar like Wildstar and EQ Next which in my opinion look more promising and are actually promoting their game so much unlike ArcheAge (west) where we haven't had any official preview or whatever to showcase the game. Simply putting out a weekly video series where you could highlight a unique feature of ArcheAge to the community would keep the hype alive.

I have the feeling Trion is trying to save their sinking ship Defiance way too hard, while also trying to put out content for Rift to make sure the F2P players stay. Like I said, marketing a game doesn't have to be expensive, but since the official website launched months ago with the beta sign-up page we haven't seen anything been put out to promote the game.

• Synns77Synns77 Member Posts: 124
    Unfortunately this game has missed it's chance, there's bigger games coming soon, TESO and EQN, along with the fact that ages ago we heard Trion were doing something with the western release and then its all gone quiet. Depending on timing I may get excited about it again when it releases but to be honest I will probably be playing something else by then, the hype has gone.
  • caremuchlesscaremuchless Member Posts: 603
    Originally posted by SirBalin
    Originally posted by Fusion

I guess starbucks, coca cola vending machines, hawai shirts/shorts and cars drove alot of people away :)

Or just the general lack of news on the western version.

Fusion, remember me pooping on you in Tera?  Just kidding.  Anyway, Fusion you are right...who wants to see that crap in a game...killed Tera for me...also the game is going more and more pve.  Tab target...eh...boring.

Based a whole game on a minute detail...ignorance at its best.

Bigger games coming... eh, maybe. 

TESO is definitely not getting me excited.

EQ Next looks fun.

Archeage looks great, but how long can you stay excited about a game when there is no information being released...

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by MoonBeans

i recall a few month ago, was one of the top games in hype.

Tab target and only having one type of server as oppose to pve and pvp servers killed it for me

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    It's a shame really, I think there's going to be a great open launch window in Nov/Dec but I don't think Trion is able to hit it.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• dgarbinidgarbini Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    It's a shame really, I think there's going to be a great open launch window in Nov/Dec but I don't think Trion is able to hit it.

I agree, if Trion could have hit that late fall/early winter window, they could have been the only MMO released at that time.  Would have given them more exclusive attention, lots of players from gifts and free time from the holidays, and a beat to the market for the whole 'next gen' crowd.

If they release around ESO and wildstar, they will be competing for players, marketing budgets and so on.  I do not see why Trion is dragging their feet on this so much.  And not releasing info every so often has been a bad move, it means either they are way out from releasing this or they have a very bad PR team.  I'm not saying hype the hell out of it, but at least keep the name out there, its totally overshadowed at this point.

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Member UncommonPosts: 457
    I've lost interest. Mostly because there are so many other games which appeal to me as well. ArcheAge seems to have it's own ideas which are polarizing people from what I've read. Good for them. Not every game has to be exactly the same and appeal to the exact same people. I'll probably check it out if given the chance. But I'm not as eager about it as I am a few other games I've been following.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    I lost interest in it months ago, after seeing the combat.
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

ArcheAge took the old approach of revealing info over time, however when that info is spaced out it results in gaps in hype. Camelot Unchained, Shroud of the Avatar, EQN and other recent titles have taken the newer approach to generating hype, which isn't to reveal info but to relay talking points. Deciphering, discussing, analyzing and contesting these "sound bytes" has proven to create a greater wake of hype and subsequent chatter.

ArcheAge seems to have compelling enough gameplay to warrant a decent amount of commotion, but their PR team seems to be a bit behind the times in their approach.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by Loktofeit

ArcheAge took the old approach of revealing info over time, however when that info is spaced out it results in gaps in hype. Camelot Unchained, Shroud of the Avatar, EQN and other recent titles have taken the newer approach to generating hype, which isn't to reveal info but to relay talking points. Deciphering, discussing, analyzing and contesting these "sound bytes" has proven to create a greater wake of hype and subsequent chatter.

ArcheAge seems to have compelling enough gameplay to warrant a decent amount of commotion, but their PR team seems to be a bit behind the times in their approach.

Those games are building a marketing hype with promises and lies, they are showing us some interesting features of the game while keeping us dark with about 80% of it. EQN is even admitted that they were manipulating the gameplay videos to "give better impression".

Trion don't need to come out with gameplay videos, since you can watch these anytime on YT and Twitch. They choose to be quiet instead of spreading false PR lies, we will see how it works out for them later.

• mo0rbidmo0rbid Member Posts: 363

Originally posted by BearKnight
    AA tanked HARD in Korea because the developers made a sandbox title and released it in Korea. Koreans are well known for not liking sandbox titles, or Western type games. ArcheAge is a hardcore Western type MMO (ie: PayPerMonth, and too many open-world sandbox designs). For whatever reason Koreans just hated ArcheAge, but I'm concerned it may be totally due to the fact that the developers weren't listening and kept adding fluff into the game without fixing major issues that the Korea fanbase put forth at launch.
    good to hear it's actually like a western mmorpg

• HanthosHanthos Member UncommonPosts: 242
    Many of us have not lost our interest in ArcheAge, just our patience with Trion/XL Games.
  • AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Originally posted by Hanthos
    Many of us have not lost our interest in ArcheAge, just our patience with Trion/XL Games.

Agreed. I'm hoping for a 2014 release. Phantasy Star Online 2 got pushed back (to what seems to be) a year... I'm wishing on a little star that ArcheAge doesn't get delayed till 2015. TRION has to say something before the end of the year, and I'm not talking about a paragraph or two. Having complete silence (or very close to it) for long gaps (i.e. months) is never a good thing. C'mon TRION, you can do it!

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

I would ask the question

"what is Trion doing to generate interest" ?

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Onomas

It takes an average of 6-8 months for conversion/translation from east to west. Trion got it in January, its August in about 10 hours. So..............Whats the hold up?

My biggest fear is they are going to westernize it and ruin it here. Because lets face it, the western gamers are the entitlement-give-me-now gamers, and that will just take away from this game. A simple translation should not take this long with out any word, beta, or game footage. Think we have seen 1, maybe 2 short clips in 6-7 months?

Trion had its hands full, don't think Trion was the right choice to be honest. With Rift faltering, Defiance not doing so well, and other issues......................

Im still interested, long as its not dumbed down and completely changed like so many western games are.

Trion was not a good choice at all but i think they didn't have many publishers wiling to take it on that were big enough and had a bit of spotlight.

At the time Trion was arguably one of the bigger names ,so it did make some sense from their side.From the gamer's side,Trion was a really bad  choice.

I do not believe the TV series did very well,Defiance definitely did not do well so they are not exactly a developer willing to put a lot of money into marketing someone else's product.

I honestly do not feel there is enough gamer's to spread around to anymore  games.Based on that notion there is little Trion or anyone could do to make sure AA gets a lot of interest in NA.I think it may have a chance in Europe and most likely good interest in Korea.

I think as far as the developer goes ,Jake's ties are in Lineage,another game that sort of focused a little too much on pvp.I think many remember reading the stories of players threatening other players at their homes and work place.Pvp is just a really bad idea,too much drama,too much anger.I do not feel there is much interest at all in NA for another pvp oriented game.

If ever there was one game that i feel probably should go cash shop,AA might be that game.I mentioned there is not enough gamer's for another game but if f2p they might get players popping in and out from other games and make some money on cash shop.It is too bad really Jake Song i feel put a lot of effort into this game.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• CyyybCyyyb Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Lost interest in this game specially due to the fact they release no info whatsoever, their facebook page in full of people asking about he game, not even 1 reply for weeks and weeks, dont want to get involved with a company that has no respect at all for their potential customers (imagine how they will treat you after they get your money), there are many other mmos coming so its fine they can stick with their silence, I'm out!
  • xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by drakaena

IMO, If EQNext's reveal had been a list of ArcheAge features then people would be going gaga over it. Oh btw, these features are real, implemented, working, and live - not just some ideas and a sales pitch.

I feel fairly confident we get a NA version of the game later this year and the core mechanics are going to be the same as they are in Korea. 

It's silly to discount a game because of a steampunk themed car in a fantasy setting. Either you're knit-picking just because or you were never into the game to begin with and just trolling.

You win the thread. Everything i would have said but nicer lol. Well done.

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by lathaan
    i think everyone who was really interested in the game tried it in korea - and well .. we got not too much positive to report ;)

Wrong.

• icculus2112icculus2112 Member Posts: 105

1.  Other sandbox games in the works

2.  Trion's rep has taken a downturn

3.  More people are realizing that ArcheAge is a PvP based game 

• LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by icculus2112

1. Really? I don't see any as rich in features as AA, and has an amazing graphic like AA. The sandboxes you are thinking about are just presenting you "ideas and promises" and not showing you working features.

2. Still, they have way better reputation than EA, NCSoft, SOE, Frogster...

3. You just went full retard with this statement, and this shows that you don't have a single clue about how the game works... i wish you were true with your statement (because i want a PvP centric game for once), but the truth is that the game is turned almost fully PVE.

• icculus2112icculus2112 Member Posts: 105
    Originally posted by LlexX
    Originally posted by icculus2112

1. Really? I don't see any as rich in features as AA, and has an amazing graphic like AA. The sandboxes you are thinking about are just presenting you "ideas and promises" and not showing you working features.

3. You just went full retard with this statement, and this shows that you don't have a single clue about how the game works... i wish you were true with your statement (because i want a PvP centric game for once), but the truth is that the game is turned almost fully PVE.

1.  But its features in a setting most players dont like.  If there werent other sandboxes in the works maybe people would be more open for the whole eastern pseudo steampunky weird vibe the game has.  Or they may be more willing to try a PvP centric game.  but since there are other titles on the horizon people are willing to wait.  

2.  The big advantage most of the studios have over Trion is you know they arent going anywhere.  trion is on some rocky ground with numerous under performing titles.  EA is hated more than nayone, and it wouldnt surprise anyone if they became EA-Trion.

3.  The problem is, there are large parts of the game designed around PvP.  And PvP is really an all or nothing thing.  if you make a sizable part of your game locked behind forced PvP, PvE players will dismiss it.  Look at EvE:  there is a lot to do without fear of PvP.  But many PvErs wont touch it with a 10 foot pole because their progression will eventually be interrupted by PvP.

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by LlexX

Not among people who spent money on Defiance, they don't.

Debacle is far too kind a word for what Trion has foisted off on the playerbase and both the episode "content" and the first DLC were an insult. The second DLC, with "grenadegate" is shaping up to be even worse.

At least the forums were amusing, as long as you don't mind constant bot spam that goes unmoderated for depressingly long periods.