Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Steam news made shares up 366% (as of now)

wmada2kwmada2k Member UncommonPosts: 193

Some wild speculations this morning!

After the press release about MO was greenlit the share reached 0.94 SEK. It is now at 0.70 SEK (up 366%). Lets see what it will close at tonight! 

Will be a rally for sure! ;)

Comments

• TofkeTofke Member UncommonPosts: 342
    And it still be a crap long term investment! :p
  • wmada2kwmada2k Member UncommonPosts: 193
    Well, that will be determined by the price you paid for your shares and when you sell them won't it!? =P
  • Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683

Wasn't this game supposedly a big steaming pile of.....

*clears his throat and puts on his nice fake face and business voice.*

Wasn't this a rather unsuccessful endeavor financially and concept wise? With consumer lashback?

--Custom Rig: Pyraxis---
    NZXT Phantom 410 Case
    Intel Core i5-4690 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB Smart Cache, 3.5GHz
    Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    Asus GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
    Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB

Well, the game is still out there so I suppose the concept attracts some of the gaming audience.

Regarding the financials I will not make any statement since it is obvious and all the info is out there - but the fact that the shares raise 300% + proves that there are people believing in the company (and the game)!

For me it's good news since I enjoy playing Mortal Online and am eager to see what being on Steam has to offer in form of more players in MO, more cash for SV and for the share itself.

P.S No OT-posts about Steam, what it will bring to MO and not - we already have threads about that, thx D.S

And btw - wait for it...
  • ShyaticShyatic Member Posts: 41

While that's great for investors that bought in at a very low price, the vast majority of shares were sold (and held) at a far higher price than they are now.

So by the stock price going up, Starvault gets no benefit because the money they made was already off of the IPO, and the only people who benefit are those who bought the stock in the toilet. 

Basically the news is kind of irrelevant because the amount of shares isn't large enough to warrant any type of interesting information.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

Just wait a bit...

From the high of .94 it settled at .50 (almost dropping in half).  Because Starvault canceled the liquidity guarantee you saw things today like a rise in price of .20 based on a 100 share purchase (around $11 US)

This is the current chart for the stock as of 5PM Eastern today....

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

and there it came...

Yes, as I said - it will be a rally. 0,20 -> 0,94 -> 0,50...

Backed 24% to 0,38% but still 0,14 up since yesterday. Lets see how its traded today =)

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Welp, I guess it is good that people finally get some value for their money. Then again, stock market is like chinese to me. 

Originally posted by wmada2k

the fact that the shares raise 300% + proves that there are people believing in the company (and the game)!

Backed 24% to 0,38% but still 0,14 up since yesterday. Lets see how its traded today =)

Now down to .32 per share.  That would be a reduction of about 2/3 from it's .94 high yesterday.  Biggest losing stock (by percentage) for the day and one of only 5 to show double digit percent loss.

By your reasoning does that mean that people stopped "believing in the company"?

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

We all knew it was not gonna stay at ,94 (never stated) - but it was fun to see some action in the shares - and it is a bonus that is is still up .17 after the rally. 

That's more than 100% up since mid last week! So it seems the belief is still there =)

Graph for Star Vault B

• ilivesilives Member Posts: 418

and it is a bonus that is is still up .17 after the rally.

The market closing couldn't have anything to do with thatimage, clearly it was in a nose dive. 

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Slapshot1188

the fact that the shares raise 300% + proves that there are people believing in the company (and the game)!

Now down to .32 per share.  That would be a reduction of about 2/3 from it's .94 high yesterday.  Biggest losing stock (by percentage) for the day and one of only 5 to show double digit percent loss.

By your reasoning does that mean that people stopped "believing in the company"?

Sort of brings new meaning to the term "penny stock"

0.32 SEK = 0.0482720 USD

They can move like this, but usually settle back down to their nearly worthless value.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Guys, guys, can't we all just get along? 
  • BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    This thread is great.

Down another 12.5% today... #7 worst loss of a stock by percentage on the whole market.

Who ever could have seen this coming? image

It's still up .13 SEK - almost 100% since last week (.15 SEK). Would make some share holders happy image
  • ilivesilives Member Posts: 418
     Would make some share holders happy image

Only if they choose to no longer be share holders.   Anyway, it still has zero impact on the overall game.

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

Second winner now at 53% up today, lets keep it at closing! ;)

Star Vault B   53,57%   0,43 kr

The share closed at .47 SEK. That is +67,86% and todays winner! image

Who could have seen that coming!

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798
    There is no way to twist this news, however positive it may be, that people on this site will not attack. There is an unhealthy hatred for MO on this forum... borderline obsessive.
  • JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140

The share closed at .47 SEK. That is +67,86% and todays winner! image

Who could have seen that coming!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWLIgjB9gGw

EDIT- Under Henriks leadership we can expect nothing less than greatness and success as is evident by the roaring stock price and stellar game (which works as intended...really)- Now stockholders can celebrate another rally. Man, I am kicking myself now for not investing in such a sure bet.

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by Anubisan
    There is no way to twist this news, however positive it may be, that people on this site will not attack. There is an unhealthy hatred for MO on this forum... borderline obsessive.

Spoken like someone who knows nothing of the history of the game.

I actually tried to download the game again recently to see where it's at...  as soon as I realized I have to download years of patches after the initial download, I just deleted everything.  How can a company be so inept as to not have a 'snapshot' release that includes recent patches.

If people on steam have to download patches for two days after the initial download, the backlash will be intense.

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798
    Originally posted by psykobilly

I actually tried to download the game again recently to see where it's at...  as soon as I realized I have to download years of patches after the initial download, I just deleted everything.  How can a company be so inept as to not have a 'snapshot' release that includes recent patches.

If people on steam have to download patches for two days after the initial download, the backlash will be intense.

Spoken like one of the individuals I was referring to...

I have actually been playing the game off and on since beta block B. And I am subbed now. I wonder how recently all the haters on this forum have actually played it? My guess is it's been a long time...

And by the way, I recently re-installed the game after I bought a new PC. I encountered 0 problems and it took me only a few hours to download and patch the entire thing. Totally standard for an MMORPG. Go figure.

Originally posted by psykobilly

Spoken like one of the individuals I was referring to...

I have actually been playing the game off and on since beta block B. And I am subbed now. I wonder how recently all the haters on this forum have actually played it? My guess is it's been a long time...

And by the way, I recently re-installed the game after I bought a new PC. I encountered 0 problems and it took me only a few hours to download and patch the entire thing. Totally standard for an MMORPG. Go figure.

Congratulations on missing his point, like a true MO fan :P