Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars: Duelist, Skirmisher School, Detailed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Darkfall Online: Unholy Wars site has been updated with a pair of articles that lay out the forthcoming changes in the next two patches. Included in the first patch is the new Duelist, part of the Skirmisher School.

Duelist is a fast paced, high skill role that will bring twitch-play back into the equation. The equivalent of an ultra high mobility melee glass cannon. With easy to land, low-cooldown, high-damage skills, we expect this to be the role of choice for the experienced pvpers out there.

Skills such as Flurry greatly reduce the melee protections of even the hardiest of armors. Lacerate will be more than useful against the caster-types, with a high damage burst, high damage bleed, and penalty to casting speed for the unfortunate victims.

More fun pvp tools will be skills such as Pummel, a long lasting blinding attack with a movement speed debuff to boot. Lunge is a powerful short-cooldown, medium-range ray attack that duelists will use relentlessly to chase and cut down their foes.

Read more on the Darkfall Online: Unholy Wars site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

game is 1 year out.. and there patching content that already should be in..

Good job av

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554

Who cares in all honesty?

This game was a major let down, I was a hardcore Darkfall 1 player and defended the game as often as the rest of its niche community, but AV basically took the good aspects of 1.0 and crapped on them, the combat in DFUW is basic...slow and very limited, you basically only have one avenue of attack with every class.  The beauty of the first game was that you could have a variety of attacks.

Only way I will ever touch this piece of crap game again is if it goes free to play and offers some from of payment for prowess...because even though I think Darkfall 1 was better for skilled pvp players DFUW is still a good combat game compared to other mmos***  but the overall game is just boring and really not worth 15 a month.

Frankly i would rather see the game die.

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    You must care if you took the time to post and read the article.

Oh you one of those, you want everything for free, so when you go to work tomorrow make sure you work for free..

Originally posted by Darkcrystal
    You must care if you took the time to post and read the article.

Oh you one of those, you want everything for free, so when you go to work tomorrow make sure you work for free..

Quite the opposite actually, This is one game I really despise because of how much I liked the first Darkfall and how AV really destroyed what was IMO one of the best games ever made.  I go out of my way to post my opinion of the game any chance i get lol.  Just so people do not waste their money on this trash game.

• HerbinLegendHerbinLegend Member UncommonPosts: 28

One man's trash ...

Seriously, saying DFUW is the best game on the market and then suggesting people should avoid it? Sort of counterintuitive, isn't it?

So, either you're paying a sub for another game that you consider to be worse than Unholy Wars, playing a free to play MMO with RMTs, or you're not playing MMOs while waiting on the next wave of "next gen" MMOs to release.

Do tell.

Can't get my pen to write in this space.

• StofftierStofftier Member Posts: 93

smoke more weed .... read his post and try again

i give a hint df o-O dfuw :O

Originally posted by HerbinLegend

One man's trash ...

Seriously, saying DFUW is the best game on the market and then suggesting people should avoid it? Sort of counterintuitive, isn't it?

So, either you're paying a sub for another game that you consider to be worse than Unholy Wars, playing a free to play MMO with RMTs, or you're not playing MMOs while waiting on the next wave of "next gen" MMOs to release.

Do tell.

Nice adjusting of my words there Darkfall uw player.

I said DFUW even though overall as a game is absolutely  terrible for a $40 box fee and $15 monthly afterwards...and even though the combat in DFUW is slow, limited and basic in comparison to Darkfall , that the game does still have a better combat system...due to its free aim style.

Its not as fun as DF 1 but it is still unique, its content is terrible and you spend more time preparing to do something than you actually do doing something in the game, that animations and character models are a joke, the limitations are ridiculous...DF1 was based on freedom to choose...DFUW is based on the exact opposite.

But if I was correct on my assumption that you are a DFUW community member then you will argue this to the grave, Which is another reason why DFUW is a terrible game is the community, most are the worst type of gamer you can encounter all wrapped into one persistent world.

How many people play this game now? 1k max? not including alts....sorry sir but you might like the game but its fallen out of every top mmo list and is being topped by games like Granado espada lol for a reason.

• indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344

Played Darkfall 1 for 3 years.

This new game is an utter piece of shit.

The faster everyone stops playing this game, the faster AV will go out of business.  Only then will there be a chance of getting DF1 back.

Darkfall Unholy Wars is almost 1 year old now and every "content" patch thus far has been to add back features that were already in Darkfall 1 that they removed (like seatowers and dungeons).

Game is complete crap.  I hope it dies ASAP.

• indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344

Also, it's plain and simple.

If you like DF:UW you either:

1.  Never played Darkfall 1 or 

2.  Were awful at Darkfall 1 and never won a fight without massively zerging.  DF:UW can't be played solo or in small groups and is only for big zergy skill-less combat.  Very similar to GW2 WvW.

• HappyThoughtsHappyThoughts Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by indef

Also, it's plain and simple.

If you like DF:UW you either:

1.  Never played Darkfall 1 or 

2.  Were awful at Darkfall 1 and never won a fight without massively zerging.  DF:UW can't be played solo or in small groups and is only for big zergy skill-less combat.  Very similar to GW2 WvW.

Im gonna come out and say that I don't play this game, nor did I play DF1.  I will say that your post is pretty rude and its wrong just to paint everybody who likes something the same way.

You aren't doing yourself or anyone else a favor by coming to these sites and throwing turds at the comment section.

And I highly doubt any of you angry forum dudes are trying to save anyone from this game.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    I wouldn't wish this game on my worst enemy. Awful content (slow too), combat sucks, and good luck finding people to play with you. The community is one of the worst out there and makes LoL's community look like a fresh breath of air in comparison.

Smile