Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

will EQN be on the ps4 or not?

rungardrungard Member Posts: 1,035

lets face it, the ps4 will be $400. to upgrade the pc will be $1200 or more. The way I see it I would prefer the ps4 version. Way more bang for the buck and while its true that the specs of a 1200 upgrade will be superior on paper, somehow I doubt the quality will be any better on the pc.   

Comments

• EnrifEnrif Member UncommonPosts: 152
    they develope it it primary for the pc. a port to consoles is not yet anounced. And i hope they dont plan it in the near future.
  • EnrifEnrif Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Originally posted by DMKano

It will be out on PS4 - I am 100% certain, SoE has been hiring devs with console background experience.

Maybe for the Planetside2 port to consoles? or to support DCUO? Not everyone in SOE is working on the same stuff

you wouldnt consider WoW going to console only becasue Diablo3 is going that way.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • rungardrungard Member Posts: 1,035

I see people scared of a console release, but realistically, what's the difference nowadays? The ps4 is basically a pc. It can use a usb mouse and keyboard and can pretty much do anything a pc can do.

the other factor of course is that if it was going to be on the ps4 and I decided to upgrade my computer I would bet money it would run a hell of a lot better on an 8 core amd rig with the amd graphics card.(even if its technically inferior) That might change my point of view since it would be a lot cheaper to upgrade with amd parts.

I get this strange feeling anyway that intels single core advantage will dry up as more and more if not all games become programmed to take advantage of  8 cores to maximize the microsoft and sony machines.

specs mean nothing if the games are coded for amd parts from the get go.

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059

Companies will do as they want but my gut feeling? I fully expect SOE to release EQN on the PS4 and I think it is being coded for that right now, as well as possible release on other platforms based on announced features and UI considerations we are seeing from 8 abilities on. In regards to performance, I expect it optimized for consoles at release. I am not sure the prices you note are of such significance in that you can easily argue that people consider a PC or laptop more of a house hold fixture due to the variety of things they are used for so they might just buy a solid PC  or laptop (that can match or best the console specs) and skip spending $400 dollars extra for a console to begin with. It kind of reminds me of the whole Xbox One argument in that it begs the question of are you looking for a game machine or a console that tries to replace your laptop while charging extra fees for services you take for granted now. *Shrug* IDK how it will pan out man.

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997
    for now the official answer is no, no it wont.....maybe in the future but the game is made on PC first
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

unknown

but if EQN is anything like PS2 and FreeRealms,  it will appear on consoles 2 years after PC launch

• MagicabbageMagicabbage Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by Enrif

It will be out on PS4 - I am 100% certain, SoE has been hiring devs with console background experience.

Maybe for the Planetside2 port to consoles? or to support DCUO? Not everyone in SOE is working on the same stuff

you wouldnt consider WoW going to console only becasue Diablo3 is going that way.

Because when WoW came out there wasn't a console on the market that could render those graphics.

The new gen Consoles are better than the AVERAGE person's PC and almost better than everyone's laptops.

The machines are light years ahead and almost every MMO out can run on these and EQNEXT's graphics are cartoony, making it way easy to port with no problems.

Plus the way the game is setup EQNEXT is built for consoles.

I mean I play GW2 and FF14 with a controller. Both are great games and the next gen systems can handle them easily.

Devs don't make games for top end PCs because those owners are the 10% tile very small market. That is why Wow got such a following, due to being able to run that game on a high end toaster.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Magicabbage
    Originally posted by Enrif

Because when WoW came out there wasn't a console on the market that could render those graphics.

The new gen Consoles are better than the AVERAGE person's PC and almost better than everyone's laptops.

The machines are light years ahead and almost every MMO out can run on these and EQNEXT's graphics are cartoony, making it way easy to port with no problems.

Plus the way the game is setup EQNEXT is built for consoles.

I mean I play GW2 and FF14 with a controller. Both are great games and the next gen systems can handle them easily.

Devs don't make games for top end PCs because those owners are the 10% tile very small market. That is why Wow got such a following, due to being able to run that game on a high end toaster.

I'm pretty sure WoW would of run on the consoles of the time actually,what they lacked was the online services .

The real reasons MMOs haven't been put on consoles in the past was Sony and MS's draconian,closed garden policies which prevented updating and patching that MMOs need to do.Sony has only relaxed this comparatively recently and MS has only just relaxed them in the past month.

Originally posted by Magicabbage

when WoW came out there wasn't a console on the market that could render those graphics.

are you aware the FFXI Online launched on the Playstation2 back in 2002?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XI

Everquest Online Adventures launched on the PS2 in 2003

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EverQuest_Online_Adventures

related

http://www.mmorpg.com/blogs/Gameloading/052009/3895_MMORPGs-on-consoles

• donpopukidonpopuki Member Posts: 591
    Sony owns both EQN and PS4. They are natural tie-ins. Plus the power ie the graphic capability of the PS4 will be comparatively high compared to PCs when EQN and the PS4 launches.
  • ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by rungard

lets face it, the ps4 will be $400. to upgrade the pc will be $1200 or more. The way I see it I would prefer the ps4 version. Way more bang for the buck and while its true that the specs of a 1200 upgrade will be superior on paper, somehow I doubt the quality will be any better on the pc.   

You upgrade your pc for just one game?

I upgrade my system for all the game genre's I might enjoy and everything else I get acces to with my pc

If I would buy a PS4 or XBO it would be only for the games because everything else I already can do with our Smart 3D Tv and Horizon UPC box. And the quality of the games on console comes close to current high-end and I am sure it can never match upcoming high end pc systems.

Unfortunaly I know I am going to missing out on some great games (still hoping on a few to get released on pc)

However the acces quality of a console games or MMO's will be allot higher for consoles then for pc's. Simple case of running a game on one and the same hardware or running a game where millions of gamers might have totally different configurations

For the question in OP: I believe they are working on it. Not only do they want the landscape of MMORPG again it would be grand for a company to actually deliver a high end sandbox game on console.

Also the next generation of consoles can do allot more then current gen. So I am not so worried about games becoming dumped down more then most already have.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    Originally posted by rungard

The real answer is maybe, people can say it is 100%, look at PS2 etc....  BUT if your question is which one will it be on 100%, it is the PC.  The chances of it being on the PS4 are high, but the chances of it not releasing at the same time are also there.  

Then you have to consider, which one will benefit you more, a PS4 or a computer.  Only you can answer that.

Last thing, you don't need to spend $1200 to get a PS4 quality computer, the PS3 will be middle of the line computer wise, probably more like a $400 to $800 debate, and if you shop smartly or are willing to get someone elses old gaming computer maybe even a equal debate (but it would be a new ps3, verse a used computer)..  I just sold my old gaming computer to a friend that is close to the PS4 for $200, so he got a friend discount, but I am sure if you started looking you could make it happen.

If you are sold on console as what you like to game on, then you just have to hope that it does come out on there, as it most likely will, and then hope you don't have to wait 6 months to a year for it to happen. 

• grifjgrifj Member Posts: 110

Frankly, with the direction they're taking this game, they SHOULD launch it on console at the same time as PC.

People don't like to join an MMO a couple years after it has launched.  So why not cater to the PS4/XboxOne market right off the bat?

Originally posted by grifj

People don't like to join an MMO a couple years after it has launched.  So why not cater to the PS4/XboxOne market right off the bat?

people dont like joining an old server

with a new platform, will be all new servers

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
    Originally posted by Nadia
    Originally posted by grifj

people dont like joining an old server

with a new platform, will be all new servers

Agreed.. unless they share the same servers.. many games I have played on my PS3, which also support the PC version have them inter mixed..  My guess, is that they will not distinguish between console / pc servers..  Since the PS4 is coming out this Winter, and Landmark is due to release too.. I think we might have a better idea after seeing the UI, what SOE's plans are.. 

• JedidiahTheadoreJedidiahTheadore Member Posts: 48
    Considering Sony is working on a VR headset for PS4, I hope it does come to the PS4, if for no other reason than hopefully having SOE throw its full weight behind a VR UI for EQN. Oculus Rift support on PC and Sony VR support for PS4, please.

That would be a dream come true, virtual Reality is a fully realized virtual world with thousands of other players.
  • khelluskhellus Member Posts: 25

Its being built for pc, but next gen are pc architecture. There are several MMO titles coming to next gen consoles, which was something I think they lacked last gen. Will it be released on ps4 at the same time as pc ? I doubt it, but there is still a lot of time between now and launch. I also think its a no brainer that Sony will eventually make it part of the PS4 line up, especially if its successful.