Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First teaser of super secret space project!

DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

check this out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg9Pokw9jtg

not much to see though, what the scale of this is going to be.

Might range from Moonbreaker/Star Conflict type quick PvP arenas to open universe to explore...

I´d hope for the latter

Comments

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

Looks allmost like Elite! open space and all!

oh,no it does not,looks like Amiga 500 trailer more than space game,what makes people think its some kind of new feature more than just new space missions ? what in that teaser actually does that trick ?

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by PAL-18

oh,no it does not,looks like Amiga 500 trailer more than space game,what makes people think its some kind of new feature more than just new space missions ? what in that teaser actually does that trick ?

Can´t tell much from that trailer.

except:

5 imperial fighters vs. 5 republic fighters

Might be a PvP arena warzone in space.

In fact, pretty close to my expectations that this will just be like "Moonbreakers" or "Star Conflict".

Select warzone, queue up, loading screen, you´re in space. Eliminate all fighters, win objective, loading screen, back on fleet.

Mined data suggests light, medium and heavy fighters selectable

No "Jump to Lightspeed 2" obviously, no big open space sandbox 

• pwainpwain Member UncommonPosts: 115
    Originally posted by DocBrody

except:

In fact, pretty close to my expectations that this will just be like "Moonbreakers" or "Star Conflict".

Select warzone, queue up, loading screen, you´re in space. Eliminate all fighters, win objective, loading screen, back on fleet.

I am fine with the PVP in space warzone. Would be cool if you could really modifiy your ship. Space dogfights are always nice. Star wars space dogfights are awesome

Originally posted by pwain

except:

I am fine with the PVP in space warzone. Would be cool if you could really modifiy your ship. Space dogfights are always nice. Star wars space dogfights are awesome

Well if that's really the case, SWG beats SWTOR in both ground AND space, even after this upcoming "expansion" or update.

More instanced warzones to queue up.. yay...

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

except:

When I think dogfights, I think full 3D 360 degree spins on all 3 axis's.  I didn't see that in the trailer.  True 3D requires s special flight stick, and you never know what used to be up and what used to be down - just focus on where you were and where you want to end up.  You control your vessel and spin through space.  From the trailer, I think dogfights is an inaccurate destrictor, and the angle of perspective never changed, outside of 2D + 1/2.

I think the SSSP is going to be not true 3D.  You never rotate on the 3rd axis, and you just point, click, and shoot. (kind of like if your avatar just flew around .. your view never inverts and goes upside down if you stand on your head [sky on bottom, ground on top].)

It's easy to become lost as an inexperienced pilot in true 3D, so EA probably is worried that it is too complicated for their clientele..

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

Originally posted by Karteli

except:

When I think dogfights, I think full 3D 360 degree spins on all 3 axis's.  I didn't see that in the trailer.  True 3D requires s special flight stick, and you never know what used to be up and what used to be down - just focus on where you were and where you want to end up.  You control your vessel and spin through space.  From the trailer, I think dogfights is an inaccurate destrictor, and the angle of perspective never changed, outside of 2D + 1/2.

I think the SSSP is going to be not true 3D.  You never rotate on the 3rd axis, and you just point, click, and shoot. (kind of like if your avatar just flew around .. your view never inverts and goes upside down if you stand on your head [sky on bottom, ground on top].)

It's easy to become lost as an inexperienced pilot in true 3D, so EA probably is worried that it is too complicated for their clientele..

just log into steam, download Moonbreakers and Star Conflict. Telling from the leaked tutorial page, they did exactly what I predicted as worst case. Put a lobby shooter on top of the themepark. Of course, what else? A big explorable universe? Nah, too complicated to monetize on cartel market.