Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hacks bad and getting worse...

Comments

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702
    I quit around launch because of the hacks. They're still here. Wow.
  • PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Yes! it's annoying to get sh*t on by a hacker...

However, you guys make it sound like everyone who plays PS2 is hacking, maybe you guys are just horrible at FPS games? it's always the players that die a lot who get's frustrated in their own lack of skill and need someone or something to blame it all on... the obvious one is calling hacks.

"OMG HE KILLED ME SO FAST!! HACKS!!"

Well, maybe that dude plays FPS games everyday, and have done so for the past 10 years.. Do you honestly expect to have the same reaction time, skill, and situational awareness as him?

I don't really notice when someone hacks, because, if I get dropped as infantry 2-3 times, and especially if by the same guy, well, then I'll try another approach, maybe pull a max on him, or if the base/terrain allows it another vehicle.

Even if someone does hack, he can't do anything when you come rolling with a full platoon, unless he goes full retard mode and headshot everyone in 5 seconds, but if he does that, he'll be banned.

Listen, there are hacks in every FPS game, there are hacks/cheats in ALL games... but always look at what you could have done better, not what everyone else do or did to you, even if they touched you the wrong way.. just pull a MAX suit and touch them back! image SURPRISE BUTT***!

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by General-Zod

Psst, Zod. Don't you need a new avatar update?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower Member Posts: 1,245
    Originally posted by chaintm

Well beyond the hacks as I will show, the version of this game just isn't ps1 as much as I want it to be. I think this is explained so much better in other threads so I will leave that be. But the anti-hacking that they boasted would be in this game is far from it when you see things like this...

(this is from a hacker site, I get these for I like to know the latest games effected and being aimed at)...

" We've added PlanetSide 2, The War Z & Diablo 3 to our client just a few hours ago. We are also working on our upcoming BF4 Hack - once it hits the beta you are invited to help us to create the most powerfull cheat for BF4 available"

Needless to say this isn't the only one I have come across but I don't want to "emphize" who what where when for I won't feed the hacking fest. Just pointing out I knew it was running rampant latly more then not in ps2 and now it seems, new version are coming out within hours of this posting. Just saying, people are wlling to fork money over to get hacks for games like this. It tells you really that MP games are just dead, well at least any ftp where the consiquance to hacking doesn't hurt the hacker user.

Just erks me to no one end when we brought this up over and over prior to this going live and saying "you know free to play will equal hackfest" as it cost no one to make another account with another email. Sure their time is wasted certing up, but then when do you need certs when you can just hack your way threw. Equipment and items be damed!

I report then go to games forum and quit if i get no reponse and see any progress in solving problem of these hackers/cheaters/exploit.

Result i react with my wallet.

I stop playing cancel and now i mainly play solo games or co-op which im sure dont have to deal with cheaters.

More and more hacker/cheaters ruin game industrie thats why rampart DRM system i hate.

Soon 100% cloud games i wont buy.

In my book there all super losers and should be banned from internet hehe

100%LEGITplayer Forever!!!

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502
    Originally posted by Tallyn

Not sure what server you guys try playing on, but I haven't seen 1 hacker in the last 2 weeks on Matherson, and maybe encountered 1 in the last month or so. That's averaging about 24 hours a week mostly during primetime.

I'm not denying the existence of a hacker problem at all, but I want to point out that SOE has made a very public display of hacker hunting and banning. Whereas hacker prevention inevitably fails in every F2P online game, SOE has done a very good job at following up that failure with an extremely active in-game anti-hacker team.

Then again, Mattherson seems to avoid most of the problems that many people complain about on these forums, probably because the server is full of many of the top outfits from PS1. We seem to police ourselves over there.

Oh, and if anyone wants to see a real state of the game or get responses from the devs like Higby and others, check out the planetside reddit page instead of feeding off of mongering on forums like this. Just some advice, since you'd be surprised and impressed with how awesome the PS2s dev team is to the community on reddit and planetside universe. That's where they go to for advice, feedback, comments, suggestions, and to mess around. Good community = good dev response, which is non-existent here.

Anyway, did you even know that the lattice system is about to be put back in next patch, OP? How's that in regards to more PS1 for ya? That's AFTER the players asked for it on sites like reddit and planetside universe. =)

I play on Waterson and Connery and have been since BETA.  I have not seen many hackers at all.  This is one area where I think SOE is working hard at keeping it under control.

Are there hackers in PS2?  Definitely.  Is it as rampant as people think it is?  Definitely not.  Sorry guys some people are just that good at the game, and because you get killed a lot does not mean they are hacking...always.  Some times it does and you should be able to notice the tell-tales when they are.  180 Deg. snap turn to head shot - Probably hacking.  Shields/health never move even on hit registers - Probably hacking.  etc etc.

There are hackers, yes, this is not and it will never be PS1.  Which isn't a bad thing.  Hacker sites brag about all manner of things, saying they have a hack for so and so, does not mean that they do.  You can come here and cry wolf all you want, but the facts do not side with you in this argument, the hacking is not as rampant nor as wide spread as you would have people believe.

As far as speaking with Higby, really it is pretty easy, hit him up on Reddit, I bet he will speak to you personally, I have spoken with him via  TeamSpeak and on the phone, he is happy to address any issues you may be having.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    I don't recall seeing anyone doing any blatant hacking the past month and even before that the amount of obvious hackers was low. It's just that the damage that they were doing was very noticeable. These days though? Either they are very subtle or they are extremely rare, which is the exact opposite of what the op is saying.
  • OmgzOmgz Member Posts: 13

I played Ps2 alot and dont anymore but I wouldnt say its because of hackers although im sure there are some. However, always remember the dunning kruger effect.:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

In DAOC...players caught using radar to find other players......IF they receive the maximum punishment its a 3 day ban.

I think many companies have made the calculation that they would rather have the subscription money/in game purchase revenue and have a few angry players...rather than cutting off  a source of some potential revenue.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973
    Originally posted by Rayshe
    It really pains me to say this being a PC gamer. But its starting to look like the only way we can get around hacks are focusing on Console games for shooters. I used to be a High ranking in unreal tournament before this whole hacking thing came to pass (Talking double digits). Playing on PC is still my preference however Consoles are starting to lock online content to anyone who homebrews their system. Given that this can keep out hackers, it looks like shooters will fall into a console only catagory eventually. 

Yea it's one reason why I still love my console gaming and most times I prefer to play my FPS's on console. Just more acustomed to the controls and the hacking is usually less severe on consoles. They still do exist but are no where as rampant in my opinion.

Planetside 2 is coming to PS4 so we'll have to see what type of hacks hit on that version and how rampant they are. Script kiddies and the like will always take the time to find some type of loophole. It's just their thing, but comparing PC to console as far as hacks. Consoles are much less prevalant with them.

As far as comparing PS2 to PS1 they are different games. They are working on bringing some of those older mechanics back, but I don't thnk we'll see many of our more favored features like the perstant landmines and engineering equipment like spitfire turrets come back. Planetside 2 is a cool game it's just not the same beast that Planetside original was though.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf

In DAOC...players caught using radar to find other players......IF they receive the maximum punishment its a 3 day ban.

I think many companies have made the calculation that they would rather have the subscription money/in game purchase revenue and have a few angry players...rather than cutting off  a source of some potential revenue.

That's assuming cheaters make up for a large amount of your players.. then sure, you might be better off looking the other way.

But If you as a game company ignore the cheaters, you lose most if not all your legit players.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf

Any company with a half a bit of sense knows that the general rule of thumb is that for every problem player you keep you lose ten good ones.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• DwigoDwigo Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Skooma
    Like you don't get pve hackers

All them bots in wow and gw2
    People making power level maps in neverwinter
    People teleport hacking to raid bosses they want

Etc..

The difference being that in a PvE game I couldn't care less if they are hacking or not. It is not affecting me in any way. In a PvP game hackers are directly ruining my gaming experience if they use bots/hax.

• tempest373tempest373 Member Posts: 2
    Planetside 2 is filled with hackers. The problem is that you guys seem to think they would be obvious. They have learned and are playing subtle. Like the people with low headshots but very high accuracy? Look at the leaderboards every once in a while at the "top" players for your servers and question some of the players there. Kinda interesting that PS2 has some serious pro players and yet they are unheard of in any other FPS game and in fact, are terrible at them. But being in denial is fine as well.
  • reichtreicht Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by Tinybina
    Originally posted by DrunkWolf

almost all shooters are hacked before they even release. these websites that sell/rent hacks have people in the betas working on a hack that is ready for release of the game.  I use to play alot of shooters some on ladders in competetive play, but hacks have pretty much ruined all of that for me. now i find myself not even having fun in them, as most are so hacked up its just pathetic.

the biggest problem isnt the blatent aimbotter that goes out and kills 100 people in a second he gets banned. its the guys who use wall hacks/no recoil/no spray and so on to give him a slight but not so obvious advantage, they are the hard ones to detect but are still cheaters that help ruin the game.

Could now have said it better myself.. There are SOOOO many guys that use the cheats that give me a advantage.. 

I know people will say there are hacks in all FPS games which is true, the difference in other games that are not massive these guys usually get the boot from the server admin.

In Planetside 2 these GM's that they have really are pretty useless.  It takes them hours to do something about the blatant hackers, I can pretty much guess how they deal with guys that are less blatant...

I never though I would say it but Planetside 2 has kind of turned me off from Massive Online FPS games due to the fact that they can not deal with hackers, at all..

They pretty much lied to us about being able to handle hackers.

It is nice when people point out for you that they have no idea what they are talking about.  Anti-hacking in a game is not like playing Whack-a-Mole, you don't just usher them out as you find them.  You need to figure out HOW the hack is being done and how to prevent and detect it automatically and efficiently so that instead of spending 3 hours weeding through people throwing fits and managing to get two people actually offending you can just get every one of them at once.

Smacking them around lightly just lets them now this method is being fought and figured and that it is time to pursue a new one.  It is a free to play game, single person or account efforts are pointless, their reinvestment of time to make a new account is essentially nothing and with dynamic IPs being so popular IP bans can often result in annoyance for legitimate customers down the line.

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375
    There's always going to be someone crying "hacker" in games and especially in FPS's. Alot of the time its down to latency, bugs etc, but 99% of these issues is down to the player simply being out played by someone better.
  • AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834
    Originally posted by SysFail
    There's always going to be someone crying "hacker" in games and especially in FPS's. Alot of the time its down to latency, bugs etc, but 99% of these issues is down to the player simply being out played by someone better.

Yeah I totally agree... One example is when Mythic finally decided to do something about "radar" in dark age of Camelot.    When they dropped that first 7 day Suspension all the servers had less than half the players they normally did for the next 7 days...

It was because only 1 percent of the players were cheating... 

Which oddly enough pretty much mirrors every single MMO that has PvP going back at least as far as Ultima Online and the days of UO Extreme.... (and of course people cheat in PvE as well but PS2 doesn't have that).

I've seen people saying "so and so hacks" and when *I* fight that player I never get that impression.   However, putting your head in the sand and thinking 99% of the time nobody is cheating... is... well I can't think of a nice way to say to flat out say it.. so I'll just stop here.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I started playing again last week and I dont think i have come accross anyone hacking.. well not that i could tell anyway.

I have been having a great time again and the game seems to play a lot better than it did a month after launch.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    saw 2 hackers today, using a teleport hack, but i only reported one of them... because the other was on the same side as me... how bad is that? i should have reported them both really.. but im not even sure reporting them does any good anyway image
  • nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Originally posted by chaintm

When it comes down to it, it is the free to play that makes it a redundant cycle of hackers. When there is no actual cost to hacking (IE paying for an actual account etc) the more people will continue to do so. GW2 has hackers and so does every game out there with MP in it for sure, but when there is a cost factor, you see allot less of it if the development team is activily seeking out bans on these type of people.

In this case, they are no argument about it, but the fact remains being free to play just equals making account #12 and keep going if your that type of player. No skin off their backs so to speak. When you have to pay for a server (IE monthly fee) as many of us suggested they should have a paying version for the serious players and non for the free to play, this could "help" the issue. No it wouldn't fix it, but if they kept on top if it, it would definitely be very scarce compared to what it is now in free to play servers.

When we brought this idea up however, the response then and after was the same however "That would break up the community to much we believe" and they would probably be right.  Don't know, I just don't see it here keeping viable, better off with BF3 and the like , at least you can find servers with admins that kick/ban daily with more control. Thou it doesn't stop it, it does help allot :)

Personally with a game like this (if I was on the team) I would go with a massive ban hammer just watching threw peoples eyes all day, but alas I believe it would end up with a good part of the population being banned. My personal experience has been every 15min I am seeing something that just doesn't make sense. Being I have been playing these games sense conception, I am sure about half of them are probably ok while the other half isn't , taking that into consideration still is 30min running into someone doing a hack of some sort if not sooner.

I am no care bare, but I don't find a non-even combat field any fun for the ones that attempt to play it as it is ment to be played. All you have to do is search for griefer videos on utube, there are people that thrive off of grieving others, it's actually sad to watch for I personally don't get how ruining another's gaming experience a muse for entertainment.

Can you please explain Diablo 1,2 BF1,2 Counterstrike all versions and well damn near all pc games that are out you can find a cheat or hack for online yes even EVE online has hacks for it and I can go on its not just FTP but anygame you can get into the code for you can tweek it and change variables. Its not F2P thats the problem its the fact nothing is hack proof or cheat proof look at consoles people use hacks there as well.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576

Eve online definately has some hack like bots you can use that give an unfair advantage to those using them,

But computer based FPS games have always had aim bot/ teleporting/ other strange game specific hacks...it is why I rarely play them anymore... I had thought, or hoped, it wasn't a problem with console type FPS games but I see people are hacking into those as well...

oh well, I rarely play multiplayer FPS games anyway.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Oh yes, I have to chime in and say I've been noticing some rather weird stuff lately, last night and today I'm coming across ADAD macro'ers, but some of them has something else ontop of the ADAD macro- there was this medic moving at normal speed (sprinting) and I started shooting at his back then suddenly he was strafing left and right at ridiculous speeds turns around and manages to kill me, like going left then going right about 20 feet in 0.5 seconds and then back. There's hacks where you can bind to a hotkey and toggle it on and off so it doesn't seem obvious, but it's still obvious when you see a player that seems to be normal then suddenly is superhuman and close quarter fights are getting worse with these ADAD macro'ing and warping and when I encounter close fights I've been resorting to just swinging the knife instead of trying to line up the shot since the knife usually seems to do the trick.

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    Hacking and botting is a very common thing in mmo and it is more common in f2p mmo. but it is even more common in SOE f2p games and that is because SOE sux at handling hacking/botting and also they passively encourage hacking/botting. i remember when i was playing DCUO i constantly reported hacker and botters with videosscreenshots and every time i got an automatic reply after a week : "sorry you are having trouble with our product but unfortunately we will not be able to help you with your request because your account does not have an active subscription. only active subscribers get..bla bla bla..". one of the hacker guilds was recruiting players in forums and i posted a video link of their "endeavor" in dcuo; the same link i provided SOE while reporting this guild. and within 2 mins i got banned from forums for a week. after that i just went into the game and called the devs "worthless faggots incapable of handling hacking and cheating" and within 1 min i got permanent banned. and then i paid for 1 month sub and they revoked my ban. see that? SOE is the worst kind of mmo publisher when it comes to handling hacking and botting. given that PWE or Aeria or other major f2p publishers have worse situation but none of them have the title "Sony" in their name. And they are bringing out a sandbox style mmorpg soon that has the name "everquest" on it's title, I really want to see how that goes.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• TinybinaTinybina Member Posts: 2,130
    Originally posted by Phry
    saw 2 hackers today, using a teleport hack, but i only reported one of them... because the other was on the same side as me... how bad is that? i should have reported them both really.. but im not even sure reporting them does any good anyway image

Who would you report it to anyways? LOL,  I haven't seen a GM log in since the layoffs at SOE.

It's rather strange though, I haven't seen to many hackers of late.  You would think they will be all over the place now that the GM's have been canned...

Maybe they are having issues with these new "pre-optimization" patches that SOE has pushed out... Maybe they are lagging and crashing like the rest of us.

I'm not doubting you guys at all because I have seen more hackers in Planetside 2 then all of my time of playing COD/BF/UT combined.  I just haven't seen any in the past week.  I'll keep my eyes out though.. 

And then tell nobody because informing SOE wouldn't do anything anyways lol.

------------------------------
    You see, every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with their surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You spread to an area, and you multiply, and you multiply, until every natural resource is consumed. The only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.-Mr.Smith

• MilitantMilitant Member Posts: 48
    Screw hacks, took about 5 month break... come back, update, play for less than 30 minutes and game crashes... Sony STILL hasnt fixed crashes..
  • FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    Originally posted by Arclan

Yep, everyone knows F2P = H2W (Hack to win). But "F2P" is in a bubble at the moment, which I think will burst in one or two years. Let's hope.

Doesn't matter if it's F2P or P2P, hacks are in every game where they can be exploited in profiting ways.

I'm playing FFXIV atm and our server (and probably every other aswell) are plagued with teleport-hacking farm bots & teleporting miner / logger bots (reported 2 weeks ago, yet there they still are, teleporting, botting and ruining the economy)

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.