Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ff14 working now as intended or not please

With the numerous threads from chatholic school girls to failed miserably, numerous threads in between. I ask the question can one actually download the game from square enix and play it or not?

They said all would be well after the maintenace and once done it would start allowing digital downloads and more people on to the servers.

Has that actually happened?

Comments

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Digital sales are still closed, so the only way to get a copy is to find a store that still has a boxed copy in stock. Good luck.

That said, the fact that the sales are still closed should answer your question.

I'd give it a couple of weeks or maybe past the first "free" month, which should kill most of the queues.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    I have the game bought from version 1.0 but Im waiting for all to settle down until I open a sub and try the game again.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Originally posted by jonas555
    With the numerous threads from chatholic school girls to failed miserably, numerous threads in between. I ask the question can one actually download the game from square enix and play it or not?They said all would be well after the maintenace and once done it would start allowing digital downloads and more people on to the servers.Has that actually happened?

If your local store does not have a boxed copy (most under-bought in anticipations of them not selling) you can buy the boxed from Square Enix, you can find them on amazon and of course if you are really desperate and have a lot of spare cash to throw around, you can buy a copy off e-bay, but they are going for scalper prices there.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Or....just wait? It's not that hard, for most normal people that is :V This is of course in regards to going to extreme lengths to get a copy.

--Custom Rig: Pyraxis---
    NZXT Phantom 410 Case
    Intel Core i5-4690 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB Smart Cache, 3.5GHz
    Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    Asus GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
    Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB

• jonas555jonas555 Member Posts: 19

thank you for the replies. Im not desperate to travel 45 kilometers to nearest city to buy a hard copy, so i will wait a bit to see if the digital download comes back up.

However i do think something might be horribly wrong if the company 10 days after lanch has,nt the confidence to provide the game or access to it for all who want to play it.

i hope all who actually got into the game finally are having fun after the maintanance.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    I've heard more and better things about stability and the ability to get into servers/create characters from some friends, so while I'm out getting some stuff for the wife and kid tonight, I might have to take a special trip past Best Buy and see if they have a little gamey game in there...
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Most online retailers are listing that they expect to get more digital copies next week, so not a long wait it seems.

And as I said, the population will inevitably dip a lot after the first month, because that's how subscription MMOs roll.

• Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Originally posted by tom_gore

Most online retailers are listing that they expect to get more digital copies next week, so not a long wait it seems.

And as I said, the population will inevitably dip a lot after the first month, because that's how subscription MMOs roll.

Exactly! A bunch of people will steam roll it down in a few weeks/days. Whine about lack of content, start comparing it to WoW's abundant content....And suddenly all vanish and leave a bunch of ghost servers. Don't worry, you'll get in when they leave! And if you display patience, we already know we want you more! This applies to any MMO community really.

The first wave are just content locusts.

--Custom Rig: Pyraxis---
    NZXT Phantom 410 Case
    Intel Core i5-4690 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB Smart Cache, 3.5GHz
    Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    Asus GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
    Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB

• CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923
    i have been playing for about a week now and have only been in a que no longer than 5 mins twice, but i guess my time zone helps :) but yeah if you want to enjoy the game without interruption i would give it a lil more time depending on where your based of course.
    Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • EpicentEpicent Member UncommonPosts: 648
    The game has been patched  and  fixed. It is now stable.
  • darthadendarthaden Member Posts: 47
    Yeah so far so good for me since the patch. I logged on twice yesterday, once at 3:50 and once at 6:45 west coast time so pretty much peak traffic hours. My first log in I got strait in and the second I got in with a 6 person queue and had no issues while in game. There were quite a few that had issues right after the patch but it sounds like they fixed those pretty quick
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Waiting for:
    Swords of the new world: Granado espada
    DOMO

Playing: Ge Sg beta test
    Rappelz
    trickster

• krekenkreken Member UncommonPosts: 139
    I was able to login and play last night for the first time since I bought the game on Saturday.
  • vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587

I woke up early this morning to play before work. I was able to log in no problems.. After I finished what I wanted to accomplish, I logged out just to see.

I was able to log right back in. So then I logged out again, just for sh*ts and giggles... it worked a few times in a row.

GL to the rest of you.

• KebeckKebeck Member Posts: 323

The problem I see here, is there's too many interresting stuff coming out in the next couple of weeks.. GTA 5, AC 4 and all the launching lineup coming with the new consoles. I've got a feeling that, if SE doesn't fix this real fast, they're in trouble... People will leave and find their entertainment elsewhere...

Myself was hoping to grab the game while waiting for GTA 5.. Decided to wait past the first week to avoid the commotion every (successful) games have during first week, but no.. Guess SE doesn't want my money after all.

Wishing all the best to SE, the genre needs more games like FFXIV, imo.. But they need to fix those servers issues fast.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

It is still difficult to create a character on some servers.  For instance, I tried creating a character at 8am this morning on Behometh and the world is locked for new character creation.  I have been trying for the last two hours but it remains locked.  There is no queue or anything to allow you to wait for that creation; the only option is to refresh worlds every three minutes.

You can head to their website to see the list of the current servers locked for character creation.... It's a pretty long list btw..

Pretty sure they want all the new players to head to their new servers.

• vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587
    Originally posted by grimal

It is still difficult to create a character on some servers.  For instance, I tried creating a character at 8am this morning on Behometh and the world is locked for new character creation.  I have been trying for the last two hours but it remains locked.  There is no queue or anything to allow you to wait for that creation; the only option is to refresh worlds every three minutes.

My friends and I are all on Behemoth. Some of us hit refresh every 3 minutes for 30 minutes, but we eventually got in. 

As we all know, its one of the top 5 populated servers... 

So.... Keep up the clicking and see you in game!

Originally posted by Kebeck

You can head to their website to see the list of the current servers locked for character creation.... It's a pretty long list btw..

Do you have the URL for that specific site?

Originally posted by Kebeck

Do you have the URL for that specific site?

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/   for north america

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/   for europe

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327

If you are really anxious to get started, an option for you would be to create your character now and begin doing the basics, and then eventually request a transfer when they begin offering that service.  It may be a week or more before anyone is able to create new characters in some of these worlds.  I can only assume that Behemoth is one of them.

Originally posted by vidiotking

My friends and I are all on Behemoth. Some of us hit refresh every 3 minutes for 30 minutes, but we eventually got in. 

As we all know, its one of the top 5 populated servers... 

So.... Keep up the clicking and see you in game!

I think you guys just try to log in.. in this case Grimal is trying to create a character on Behemot..

List is long indeed.  Posted yesterday:

09/04/2013 2:27 PM
    Regarding Character Creation Restrictions (Sep. 4): Follow-up
    <hr pb15"=""> Currently, we have stopped allowing the creation of new characters in the following worlds:

Adamantoise
    Balmung
    Behemoth
    Cactuar
    Carbuncle
    Cerberus
    Diabolos
    Excalibur
    Fenrir
    Garuda
    Gilgamesh
    Hyperion
    Ifrit
    Leviathan
    Midgardsormr
    Moogle
    Odin
    Phoenix
    Ragnarok
    Ramuh
    Sargatanas
    Shiva
    Ultros

In the event of any changes in the situation, follow-up news posts will be posted here as well.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327

As a matter of fact, there is a real possibility, provided the game continues to sell at a rapid pace, that they will open new servers and wait until those fill up before allowing new character creation in existing heavily burdened worlds.  Just something to take into consideration.

• kingotnwkingotnw Member UncommonPosts: 103
    I play the PS3 version and it works wonderfully. I haven't had one issue with it since, aside from servers being full. The game is solid, and there is a much higher demand for the game than there are copies to be had at this point. If you manage to get a copy and get in, you'll love it.