Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rome Total 2, beware to post anything negative on Steam forum your post will get deleted.

MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325

This is what I wrote on Steam forums about Rome 2 and it got deleted.

Anyone else feels this is a mass produced game for the fanatic Rome 1 fans?

Rome 2 feels in my opinon not ready in any form or shape as a new TW game, It feels like a good mod, nothing else.
CA knows that fans has been asking for a Rome 2 so ofc they made one as fast as they could because they know fans will pay for any turd throwing at them, no matter how the shape of sead turd are beacuse they know the fans will defend the game with their bare teeth.

Fans tend to say.

1: Have you never played a TW game before, they are buggy and broken, deal with it.
2: It's your PC that sucks not the game
3: CA will fix everything so stfu
4: I'm playing right now, there is nothing wrong with the game It's all working as intended

You know where I'm getting at, and the sad part is fans think this is ok and the really sad part is that they say the rest of the gaming community should just suck it up and extremly sad part is CA knows this and laughs all the way to the bank beacuse the sead fanatics will defend their behavior to the death all over the interweb.

For me as always its not CA that makes good TW games It's the modders.

Comments

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    That's not negative. That's inflammatory. You basically wrote a rant about how much TW fans suck. It deserved to get deleted.
  • MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,325
    Originally posted by Scalpless
    That's not negative. That's inflammatory. You basically wrote a rant about how much TW fans suck. It deserved to get deleted.

Have you read what the fans write?, with your post I doubt you have.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

As with most games, there will almost always be a group that hates and a group that loves the game.  You see this in MMOs, RTSs, FPSs, etc.   I know many fans of TW games, my self included, are used to the games coming out sort of rough at launch.  However, CA usually does a good job of fixing things up, so STFU..... just kidding.

Honestly though, bugs just comes with the territory with complex games like these.  Similar to MMOs at launch.  Should we have to suffer through this?  With the various amounts of desktop configurations, we sort of have to now.  But that's PC gaming for you.  Look at the issues FF(whateverthenumberis) is having.  The fans are still dedicated becuase they know pass the rough ends that there is a game that they enjoy under that hot mess. 

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426
     I always pick up the TW games after they go on sale at Steam. By the time the Christmas sale hits Rome 2 will be $30 and the bugs will be patched. I find I am much happier buying a good 30 dollar game than a rushed 60 dollar one. I am a big fan of Rome 1 but I would rather wait for the game to be finished before I buy. 

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

• DecadentiaDecadentia Member Posts: 464

You wrote more about the fans than the game it seems. Most forums deter from pointing the finger on other forum posters, especially when it's bound to result in drama. I think I agree with the other poster, it does come off less as critical and more flaming. There's a lot to be said about approaching a hot topic with tact.

However, the point of your message(if you dig deeper than the prodding of fanboys), is spot on imo. The game is half-baked, it really is a let down considering how much they were hyping it. I feel as though they can patch the hell out of it, but core concepts in the game are almost half the problem as it is.

I'm a rabid TW fan, I was foaming at the mouth for this game practically, while I'm playing it...it's certainly not what I've come to love from Total War games. I feel almost as though it's a similar step that Civilization took, by dumbing down the game...though Civilization did it in a manner that the game still stayed true to its roots.

TLDR for those that haven't tried it: There's a good chance this game will never meet it's potential. While optimization bugs are likely to be ironed out, the core mechanics of the game are way off the mark. It's a lengthy discussion, but read some in-depth reviews about the game.

• SnarlingWolfSnarlingWolf Member Posts: 2,697

Gamers tend to not understand the difference between flaming/attacking and constructive criticism and then get mad when their posts get moderated.

You can't attack other players and call things turds and 1) expect to not have your post moderated 2) expect to have any positive result from your post ever.

Constructive criticism done in a respectful manner will always be more productive. Sadly it is also extremely rare.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Originally posted by Maurgrim

I've seen some good topics on the Steam forums. Like this one:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/214950/discussions/0/864978109509768763/

Note that it doesn't just bash the game or the people who like it, but offers well-formed and constructive criticism.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311

This is what I wrote on Steam forums about Rome 2 and it got deleted.

Anyone else feels this is a mass produced game for the fanatic Rome 1 fans?

Rome 2 feels in my opinon not ready in any form or shape as a new TW game, It feels like a good mod, nothing else.
    CA knows that fans has been asking for a Rome 2 so ofc they made one as fast as they could because they know fans will pay for any turd throwing at them, no matter how the shape of sead turd are beacuse they know the fans will defend the game with their bare teeth.

Fans tend to say.

1: Have you never played a TW game before, they are buggy and broken, deal with it.
    2: It's your PC that sucks not the game
    3: CA will fix everything so stfu
    4: I'm playing right now, there is nothing wrong with the game It's all working as intended

You know where I'm getting at, and the sad part is fans think this is ok and the really sad part is that they say the rest of the gaming community should just suck it up and extremly sad part is CA knows this and laughs all the way to the bank beacuse the sead fanatics will defend their behavior to the death all over the interweb.

For me as always its not CA that makes good TW games It's the modders.

Normally, I'd say: "It's not what you say, but how you say it".

In this case, it is what you said.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

That is not the point, it's what you wrote that got "you" moderated.

You attacked the fans of the game, no forum will really support this.  Also, using terms such as "turd" to describe a game is also likely to draw the ire of moderators.  Sure, it's colorful, but will draw down the ban hammer on yourself.

In all things, be civil.   Learn this rule and you'll go much farther in many aspects of your social life.

Challenge it and expect polite society to reject your thoughts.

This is not MMA Fighting, attitude can be left at the door.

Edit: One more thing....Steam is trying to sell games, you are not helping.  Expect them to favor those who do.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    First of all - why do you come on mmorpg site to complain? Personally I think they did well removing your rant.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014
    Originally posted by Kyleran

In all things, be civil.   Learn this rule and you'll go much farther in many aspects of your social life.

They can't, it's not possible.

Shame but again not possible

Edit: One more thing....Steam is trying to sell games, you are not helping.  Expect them to favor those who do.

+1

It always has to be an Id explosion with some players. They can't just look at a game and actually criticize it.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Kaijin2k3Kaijin2k3 Member Posts: 558
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by Kyleran

They can't, it's not possible.

Shame but again not possible

+1

It always has to be an Id explosion with some players. They can't just look at a game and actually criticize it.

Very much agree with Sovrath.

Honestly OP, what did you expect? That everyone here would just agree with your mindless bashing of the Steam forum users?

There's nothing to discuss in your OP, it's just flame bait. It can be summed succinctly as "You guys suck and I pity you."