Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Will wait 1 year" Club - Post here if you are joining the wait...

Comments

• Kayo45Kayo45 Member Posts: 293
    A year? Why? Even if the game had terrible bug and worse login issues its a few months wait ... tops. May even get it cheaper.
  • AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

I am giving this game 1 year to see how it is by then...

Anyone else giving it a rest and coming back in a year's time ?

I do this with some singleplayer games. I don't wait a year but just as long till price drops and first day DLC and probably even further add ons are included for a much cheaper price. E.g. RTW2 currently is such a candidate. Totally overpriced atm and seems to be buggy too.

But with MMOs I like the rush at the start. There is not a guide for everything already, lot's of people in the world and so on. Can't help it, sorry. ;)

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

Thanks for the replies guys :)

Well, I do own the first version of FF14, Collectors edition in fact lol...

But I just cant bear to play the game now with all these problems, it will certainly take my hype away and not make me want to give it a "2.0" try.

So I am just gonna play GW2 which I just started to play last week, and then in a years time I will try FF14 again.

I am a veteran MMO player and I know that sometimes waiting on a game is the best strategy, or else I lose the interest with all the bugs/problems in the early months.

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683
    I'm going to level slowly and enjoy the ride as it is, on a Japanese server....Lone wolfing it, it's actually quite nice so far. I can't wait to get deeper into the game....It has it's flaws, no doubt...But it's also quite fun for me.

--Custom Rig: Pyraxis---
    NZXT Phantom 410 Case
    Intel Core i5-4690 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB Smart Cache, 3.5GHz
    Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    Asus GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
    Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

There are problems. I'm rather disappointed about them. I should know better, especially after 1.0, but I had hoped that in trying to get away from the 1.0 debacle that ARR would have been better executed. The game is much improved, but the server/network problems - yeah.

That being said:
    The server/network problems aren't good, but the game is still very playable and I highly enjoy it - when you can get in. Maybe the maintenance from today "fixes" it, but I think it more likely we see some improvement, and continued improvement over the next few days/weeks. It isn't anything that I haven't seen in other MMO launches - that's not an excuse to somehow rationalize it, and there are a lot of things S/E could have (and should have) done better in hind sight; but just saying it's not totally atypical or unexpected to see a new game come out of the gate with launch problems.

There is something about being in a game at launch. Communities form. The economy is new. Not everything has YouTube guides telling you "The Right Way" to do everything. There's a lot of trial and error in everything. It has that new car smell.

That certainly doesn't last very long.

Combined with the fact that MMOs are never "done". I can't point to a single MMO out there where it doesn't have it's glitches, it's problems, it's bugs, it's quirks. If you like the game enough, you learn to live with them, and if you don't you won't.

So you can wait as long as you want to, but that won't really change much. There's only been 1 instance I can think of where a MMO went through a radical overhaul (without a relaunch - since ARR is a total relaunch, and I think you could count DF UW a similar light) such that waiting a period of time resulted in a drastically different gameplay experience from launch, and that was SWG NGE

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Could be hit by a bus by then, so I respectfully decline :)
  • Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Originally posted by Wicoa
    Could be hit by a bus by then, so I respectfully decline :)

Bus is a fun way to go though! Quick, dirty....Think of all that meat and gris they have to peel and pick off the grill! And how many traumatized kids and folks! You easily get +600 points for that!

--Custom Rig: Pyraxis---
    NZXT Phantom 410 Case
    Intel Core i5-4690 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB Smart Cache, 3.5GHz
    Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    Asus GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
    Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392
    Waiting to see what FRONTLINE brings to the game.
  • xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    No, why wait to play the best mmo that has been released in years, literally YEARS!
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • kingotnwkingotnw Member UncommonPosts: 103
    No reason to wait. Best MMORPG released in as long as I can remember.
  • echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681

Wait a year to have fun? I'm not but more power to ya!

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    It took Squenix 3 years to even consider fixing error 3102.
  • GregorMcgregorGregorMcgregor Member UncommonPosts: 263

I hope it won't take a year to add something to do... And no, I'm not on about end game. And no, I didn't rush to 50 (or whatever level it is - not even looked!).

What I mean is... It's boring!

There is too few quests, the lev dailys have a limit of 3 (whoa! loads!!!), and the only 2 options left?

Grind like a gold farmer or run the gauntlet of Fate chasing!

Now, while I like the idea of a game lasting more than 2 weeks before max level limit hitting (yes, that meant you GW2!), I don't like the idea that "watching paint dry" is fun, killing 500 of the same mobs tends to get a bit naff after awhile and running around in a zerg looking for Fates? Hell no!

No trials. No tricks. No traps. No EU-RP server. NO THANKS!

...10% Benevolence, 90% Arrogance in my case!
  • LegendtriggerLegendtrigger Member Posts: 39
    Originally posted by GregorMcgregor

I hope it won't take a year to add something to do... And no, I'm not on about end game. And no, I didn't rush to 50 (or whatever level it is - not even looked!).

There is too few quests, the lev dailys have a limit of 3 (whoa! loads!!!), and the only 2 options left?

Now, while I like the idea of a game lasting more than 2 weeks before max level limit hitting (yes, that meant you GW2!), I don't like the idea that "watching paint dry" is fun, killing 500 of the same mobs tends to get a bit naff after awhile and running around in a zerg looking for Fates? Hell no!

You didnt get so far. fates are only at the beginning,

Once your 50 u do dungeons,raid,trials to keep you busy.

• Cliff1963Cliff1963 Member UncommonPosts: 60

Although I read about the login-problems, I downloaded the game because of all the positive things I read, just a few days before the official release. I think the positive reviews where more important for me to give it a try, then the login problems. And I have to be honest: never regretted it. only had one day of problems with getting in the game, but now those problems are fixed, why wait? it's a great game after the initial 15 levels of introduction. After that: great! Did the 4 first dungeons with the duty-finder: 4 smooth runs.

Played WOW for 6 years, got frustrated with the game and community, never looked back. Still play Rift on a regular basis. But being able to play all the classes on 1 character, even more freedom than the soul-system in Rift. OK, it takes some grinding to level other classes after your main, but I don't mind. Even use the grinding for the other classes to get mats for the awesome craft-system. Don't need alts for all the professions, got them all on my only toon and I don't need the auction house/market. Every profession gathers some mats for other professions. That alone can keep me busy for hours.

No, don't wait a year playing this game and please give it a chance even if you don't like the first 15 levels. After that the game will open up to you in a way I haven't seen since a very long time.

• GregorMcgregorGregorMcgregor Member UncommonPosts: 263
    Originally posted by Legendtrigger

You didnt get so far. fates are only at the beginning,

Once your 50 u do dungeons,raid,trials to keep you busy.

Did you miss the whole point where I said "I've not got to max level".

And what is the point of saying "You didn't get so far"??? The main post WAS the fact that I've NOT gotten so far, and yet I've run out of THINGS to DO. (apart from Fates or grind). So what your saying is.. race to 50 like the rest of them idiots and grind dungeons & raids? Whoa! No thanks!

Now that that's sorted... I'm still bored, and grinding, so any help/advice (apart from being reminded I'm not 50) would be super! Thanks y'all! ;)

No trials. No tricks. No traps. No EU-RP server. NO THANKS!

...10% Benevolence, 90% Arrogance in my case!
  • Sunnyguy46Sunnyguy46 Member UncommonPosts: 91

Waiting a year for no reason would be epic fail. lol

My friend's brother's next door neighbor's son-in-law knows a guy who read on the forums that some guy hear  that the game is in shambles...stay away!!!!

• Torque2484Torque2484 Member UncommonPosts: 50

Im sorry you think that but just fyi Leves regen twice a day every twelve hours so you get 6 a day.  In the long run after playing such games as Aion, GW2, and more the grinding doesn't bother me one single bit so I say lets go I want all of the classes to be 50 and hopefully by the time that is over, even more content will be here and I will get to level up even more clases.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

If you are interested in a game (any, not just FFARR) - it's best to play at launch.

Why? Well, it's typically the most exciting time to play and you get to see the game grow. It's usually full of people so you get to do the content when it's fresh and all the "best most optimal" styles of play haven't been mapped out on excel sheets and things are still pretty new.

And you get to level with a large bulk of people which lets you experience the content in full as opposed to the later stages when people are skipping things on their alts and you get the whole scenario like newcomers find in WoW where people ignore the world quests to grind dungeons to cap.

That's my two cents.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Originally posted by Sunnyguy46

Waiting a year for no reason would be epic fail.

If he waits for 364 days and then tries it... that would be epic fail. I promised myself that I wouldn't try out Meridian 59 till 20 years after release. I can't wait till December 15th 2015!

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    lolwut? Wait a year? I'm gaming now, not a year out from now.  I don't know if I'll even be alive a year from now.  I'm not playing it now but I won't rule out anything for the future and I'm not limiting myself to any timeline.

OMG,

I am in 100% total agreement with you. (Has that happened before?)

LOL!

• DSBHRDSBHR Member UncommonPosts: 75
    I don't know about a year but I will wait at least until people hit end game and have a month or two to work through that.  At that point the truth as to whether there is any longevity will come out. Not really looking for another GW2.
  • Iceman8235Iceman8235 Member UncommonPosts: 205
    I'm thinking about giving this game a try, but I have a few concerns.  One is the 3 second gcd.  This doesn't make combat feel a little sluggish?  I feel like it'd be a little harder for a player's skill to shine when you only have to worry about pressing a button every 3 seconds.  I'd most likely either tank or heal if I did play, I haven't decided yet.  Are there dungeon queues?  If so, do you get groups faster as a tank or healer than a dps?  Thanks
  • simulacrasimulacra Member CommonPosts: 93
    lol as a healer the GCD (which is 2.5 not 3 secs) makes the game way more challenging. I have to pick what spells I use very carefully. If it was a low GCD then I can easily just spam random buttons, but the slightly slower gameplay makes it more challenging, so no i don't agree that the higher GCD makes the game easier by any means. At lower levels it can feel a bit sluggish but that's only because the difficulty is quite easy from 1-20. I'm now 38 and my guild party wiped several times on a dungeon. It was quite difficult and the boss battles were intense and fast paced. I  used to think the game was easy until I hit mid 30s -- Also as healer I can use duty finder and get a group instantly, but I prefer to run with my guild.
  • HefaistosHefaistos Member UncommonPosts: 388

I've just added 2 x 60 days time cards to ARR. Whats the point of playing the game after 1 year ?