Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Media] General: Minigame

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

In our weekly comic, artist Blaz Klaric brings us his irreverent look into the foibles of the MMO worlds we love, and love to hate. Check out "Minigame" and then leave us your thoughts in the comments.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TwigmansamTwigmansam Member Posts: 10
    I like how the comic is just in time for the return of the SAB in GW2 ^_^
  • IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138

Mini game-ception.

It wouldn't have to be a mini game if it was in the open world.

For example is an arcade in duke nukem really a mini game or part of the game delivered in a social context. Take away all the little things in a game and you just have npcs, combat and environment with the possibility of no day/night cycle or weather effects. It becomes a hollow world without any immerssion.

Yet in games like street fighter, that makes sense.

However, you want to feel compelled at least in a themepark to have a theme which might include mini mechanics (crafting) and games to motivate the player as a side distraction for the next expansion or even during a gear grind. Multi tasking makes monotonous content more enjoyable...ask all the mmo moms playing mmos while running the home business on the phone.

Nice comic, but I felt i had to post this after reading it, and not implying the idea of the comic, just the reaction response from previous debate on the topic.

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• BeadmanBeadman Member UncommonPosts: 154
    I'm scared. My life is a game, controlled by some no-doubt "noob" gamer. I should be AT LEAST level 30 by now.
  • KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667
    Well, this Sux!  I reached Level cap.  And there is no end game.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• JAFAJAFA Member UncommonPosts: 34
    I think xkcd 1223 says it better...
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,991

"Well, this Sux!  I reached Level cap.  And there is no end game."

The expansion 'Heaven and Hell' is meant to be on its way, but some are calling it vapourware.

I think that first picture taking the piss out of EQNext's graphics was a but much. :)

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Christina had a column earlier about RP, in there was a recursive pic which is a bit better I guess:

http://images.mmorpg.com/features/7359/images/Gonzalez-Apr29-1_t.jpg  :)