Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Race Change

I had a question regarding races. I picked Lalafell for my race and am regretting it now. I was thinking about starting over, but then looking around the Lodestone, I saw some optional features listed. It says something about gender change, but its a hyur  to miqo'te. Has there been any confirmation on this feature and name change?

Comments

• CeldainCeldain Member UncommonPosts: 119
    i seriously doubt they would put a picture like that if you couldnt race change
  • CmdrAnaxCmdrAnax Member UncommonPosts: 2

You get a race/sex/appearance-change(and a non-combat pet) as veteran reward for paying your first 30 days. No name change included tho...

The complete description is actually on the account management page...

I think it would be a fair guess that race change/etc~ it will be eventually an optional service.

• GableGable Member UncommonPosts: 44
    Is the name change a for-sure thing as well?
  • CmdrAnaxCmdrAnax Member UncommonPosts: 2

yeap, it's explicitly stated that there is no name change included when you use "Fantasia"(In-Game item to initiate the appearance-change).

I think character appearance and name are even two different "systems".

When you design a toon you can first edit your appearance/race etc, then you get a prompt to save it .. after this you can chose date of birth, god/fortune and the name.

In one of the most recent news, regarding some problems with 1.0 legacy chars that didn't transition properly, everyone of those gets a free Fantasia-potion and they'll have to submit a support ticket for the namechange.

Source: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/20fd6131618cdcb88ed6c6d97093ae73a3ee83f6

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

I got one of these fantasia potions in the mail today.

Wasn't expecting that.   Don't you need to be subbed for a bit first?