Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Will wait 1 year" Club - Post here if you are joining the wait...

SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

I am giving this game 1 year to see how it is by then...

Anyone else giving it a rest and coming back in a year's time ?

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation

Comments

• Darknessguy64Darknessguy64 Member Posts: 233

No.

• c0existc0exist Member UncommonPosts: 196
    and play what?  this game has got my fire back in the mmo genre that i thought could never be relit.  I hum the tunes unknowingly and think and plan what i will do when i get off work like the good old days.
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

I am giving this game 1 year to see how it is by then...

Anyone else giving it a rest and coming back in a year's time ?

I am taking years, the genre is too saturated with the same ol'. The first that releases something new and innovative/captivating I will be there.  I want something that grabs me the way UO/DAoC/SWTOR/WoW did... That hasen't happened in like 8 years.

I never played consoles so I missed out on many exclusives/great games.  I am strickly a PC gamer I have been since my Texas Instruments PC, long before the Commodore.  I owned a Nintendo and played the shit outta' Mario and Zelda then went back to PC gaming.

I recently went to Best Buy with a  buddy last week and picked up a PS3 and Pre-Ordered a PS4 and Xbox One. In the last week I have played many great games I cannot believe I missed out on but appreciate even more in these trying times as there is no good MMO's. I mean even if an MMO is great and I stick around I seriously lose interest 3 years in I may continue to play off an on but eventually I need something new.  After watching E3 I sold my Nintendo, WiiU as the game list was so nasty I felt ripped off, Mario Kart??? Really! I love Mario Kart but they had nothing RPG related. I played Uncharted 1,2,3, Heavy Rain, Red Dead Redemption and I pre-paring for GTA V. Can't wait to get online and play GTA V.  The game I am really banking on is UBISoft's The Division, if it plays out how I think it will that will be my game for a while. 

@ C0exist: I felt that way in Beta but took a step back and looked at the big picture and after many 18 hr game sessions I seen where I would be in 6 months in the same rut. I have found that feeling at the moment in console games which is surprising for me. Maybe it is my OCD kicking in but I find I am more interested in leveling my actual PSN account trophies/achievement's against my other buddies... tehehe.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• BigmamajamaBigmamajama Member Posts: 198
     A year ?     What are you waiting for?  Server issues are resolved, game is as polished an MMO as I've ever seen.  
  • vmopedvmoped Member Posts: 1,708

I am personally waiting for the ps4 launch myself.  So I hope everyone who is playing has fun, hammers out those bugs, and helps make it a better experience for those of us waiting!

Cheers!

MMO Vet since AOL Neverwinter Nights circa 1992. My MMO beat up your MMO. =S

• OmiragOmirag Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Im waiting a few months. That is when the hype train will die down and we will get to see the real merit of the game. Everyone will say this is the worst or best game they ever played for the first month. After that, they usually die out fast saying nice things.

• flclimaxflclimax Member UncommonPosts: 92
    lol, no one will be around in a year.
  • boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438

If the game is as great as they say, 1 year from now it will be even better and more populated. After the GW2, D3, Simcity disasters I'm very skeptical of buying online games on day 1.

Also, the fact that it doesn't have a free trial is suspicious as hell. 

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    I played beta 4, it was horrible and I will pass.
  • Mighty_PlatypusMighty_Platypus Member UncommonPosts: 101
    Originally posted by boxsnd

If the game is as great as they say, 1 year from now it will be even better and more populated. After the GW2, D3, Simcity disasters I'm very skeptical of buying online games on day 1.

Also, the fact that it doesn't have a free trial is suspicious as hell. 

Games don't release with a free trial, so what is so suspicious? Games start adding a free trial when their population is dwindling and they are looking for fresh meat to fill the servers. As it stands right now, there isn't enough data capability for SE to handle the amount of players that want to play it after paying for it, so why would they add jet fuel to a fire they are just now containing. The free trial will be available in about a year, then you can try it.

• Mighty_PlatypusMighty_Platypus Member UncommonPosts: 101
    Originally posted by Rockniss

That is a very thorough review you gave there. What MMO do you play now, that makes this game look horrible? Or can you elaborate your original statement, other than it is horrible. Other than the server issues that were 'mostly' fixed today, I cannot see much wrong. I just did the primal Titan fight, normal mode, and I have to say, I haven't had a boss fight that entertaining in a long time.

• MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

I don't blame anybody for waiting to purchase, these days.

With that said, I am so glad I played beta and preordered a physical PS3 CE, as well as already owned 1.0 on the PC. I am thoroughly enjoying this game and looking forward to a long ride. 

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    No point in waiting. Who knows what will happen down the road but I know right now I am having a blast. When I stop having a blast then I will play something else. This is how all games have always been. I can understand if you are playing something atm but if you are not and looking for game to play then it makes no sense to wait.
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Enjoy your wait!
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Since it looks like the servers were somewhat fixed today, is there any word on reestablishing digital sales? My son and I can't wait to try this out! 

Oh OP, why wait for a year for anything fun in life. Even if I spend $30 on this and it is horrible, I at least gave it a try. Doesn't sound like a very fun club imho!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Originally posted by afvibe

Originally posted by Rockniss

That is a very thorough review you gave there. What MMO do you play now, that makes this game look horrible? Or can you elaborate your original statement, other than it is horrible. Other than the server issues that were 'mostly' fixed today, I cannot see much wrong. I just did the primal Titan fight, normal mode, and I have to say, I haven't had a boss fight that entertaining in a long time.

I used to play wow. It was great and still is but I moved on. No other mmo has lived up to it. I currently do not play mmorpgs. I had high hopes that ffarr would grab me and consume 5 years of my life but it just didn't do it for me. It's just another game that falls short, if I log in and think to myself " I would rather play wow " then I deem the game horrible, wow came out in 2004 and its 2013, there is no excuse for why today's games can not grab my attention enough to the point I say to myself " man this game blows wow away " The first hour of ffarr was enough to make me throw up, then when I finally got out of the main city I was killing these silly worms, I just rolled my eyes, logged out and refunded my pre order. There was a time I could tolerate the pure joy of leveling but once you do that one time, the joy of such a daunting grindy task is non existent. I guess that makes me part of the give it to me free crowd right? Well iftthat's the case then so be it. I will take my money and extremely valuable time somewhere else.
  • SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552

All of you over react so much...its quite pathetic actually.

• AyulinAyulin Member Posts: 334
    Originally posted by Sinaku

Who's over-reacting?

OP asks who's waiting for a year to see how the game is by then (a wise move, given the typical arc of a newly released MMO over the last several years).

People give fairly level responses. One person says they found it horrible and later explains why...

And you're here saying "all of you "are over-reacting and that it's pathetic...

Who's "all of you"? The one person who said they didn't like it?

So far the only over-reaction I'm seeing is yours to this thread.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Ayulin
    Originally posted by Sinaku

Who's over-reacting?

OP asks who's waiting for a year to see how the game is by then (a wise move, given the typical arc of a newly released MMO over the last several years).

People give fairly level responses. One person says they found it horrible and later explains why...

And you're here saying "all of you "are over-reacting and that it's pathetic...

Who's "all of you"? The one person who said they didn't like it?

So far the only over-reaction I'm seeing is yours to this thread.

He probably only read the title and not the thread. So in response, he failed even to react to the discussion.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• joe2721joe2721 Member UncommonPosts: 171

I am waiting until I can make a character on a server of my choosing so  likely several months away.

*** UPDATE***

nevermind just went to log in and its forcing me to register again which i cannot as my  code is already used and when I log on the website it tells me I have no characters. I'm gonna just take this as a sign that should pass all together

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Waiting till 2.2 or 2.3 as some of the features I really want in XIV won't be in till then, and I want to see how the servers settle down.

Of course wait too long and ESO, W* or EQN will be out and then XIV could come off looking like a relic.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I am not exactly sure when i will play FFXIV but eventually i will.Well i have played but but i am not subscribed,i enjoy FFXI better. When i am done with FFXI or most likely when i get bored and need a change then i will play FFXIV.

The game is solid already waiting too long can be a mistake as Square will add a lot of content by that time.Right now in FFXI there is soooo much to do that unless you have 20 hours a day to game and even then you won't have enough time.Yes you can call content that Square makes a grind  but still if you wait too long you will feel overwhelmed later to get caught up.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Greymantle4Greymantle4 Member UncommonPosts: 809
    I'm waiting on the patch that brings housing and player shops and information on how they will work.
  • geldonyetichgeldonyetich Member Posts: 1,340
    Hah, no thanks OP.  The game is fine right now, in the present.  Only thing wrong with it is the need to clear up the login bloat, and that will take way less than 1 year.  I'd be surprised if it's still an issue 1 month from now.
  • simulacrasimulacra Member CommonPosts: 93
    Originally posted by joe2721

*** UPDATE***

nevermind just went to log in and its forcing me to register again which i cannot as my  code is already used and when I log on the website it tells me I have no characters. I'm gonna just take this as a sign that should pass all together

Just contact SE support. Why give up so easily? lol