Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWG Refugee Camp

TruthXHurtsTruthXHurts Member UncommonPosts: 1,555
If you still haven't found a game that holds a candle to it, or have just given up hope of one coming along I invite you to this page. Most of the people on here say let it die, but I say keep hope alive!

"I am not in a server with Gankers...THEY ARE IN A SERVER WITH ME!!!"

Comments

• GerdaGerda Member Posts: 5
    Any people from Valcyn on this forum?? Or on facebook. Alot of us former Valcyners, are on facebook chatting in a group. Contact me. [email protected]
  • lordstarwolflordstarwolf Member Posts: 53

I actually still check this forum about every 3 days or so.  I'm happily playing the *edited for being unable to talk about it on MMORPG forums* and still enjoying my pre-cu experience daily with a thousand other players, on a more populated server than they had Live. 

I still remember when the NGE came out, we came here to express our feelings on something we weren't allowed to discuss on the SOE forums. I remember how pissed off everyone was (except Obraik, the biggest SOE fanboy of the era- later to become a senator in the NGE... apparently never could fap SOE enough).  I remember Playing the "open beta" of the NGE like 3 days before it was brought live... I was thinking... they can't be serious. 

They were. 

Despite the apologies, the admitting of the "fuckup" as it were, the suicide of the Dev who was blamed by the public, and the passage of time... I'm still pissed.  

I still don't own, pay, or subscribe to anything with a "sony" name on it. 

And yes, I still have quite abit of hatred left for those who brought the NGE into being.  Nothing at this point will ever change that.  It's still a raw nerve, and people still lurk, watching these forums.  

*edit

Originally Ahazi, finished it out on Farstar with Unity. 

2nd Edit:

Currently grinding pikeman.  Just filled out my "expert polearm support abilities" box

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969
    Tarquinas veteran here...
  • achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Originally posted by lordstarwolf

I actually still check this forum about every 3 days or so.  I'm happily playing the *edited for being unable to talk about it on MMORPG forums* and still enjoying my pre-cu experience daily with a thousand other players, on a more populated server than they had Live. 

I still remember when the NGE came out, we came here to express our feelings on something we weren't allowed to discuss on the SOE forums. I remember how pissed off everyone was (except Obraik, the biggest SOE fanboy of the era- later to become a senator in the NGE... apparently never could fap SOE enough).  I remember Playing the "open beta" of the NGE like 3 days before it was brought live... I was thinking... they can't be serious. 

They were. 

Despite the apologies, the admitting of the "fuckup" as it were, the suicide of the Dev who was blamed by the public, and the passage of time... I'm still pissed.  

I still don't own, pay, or subscribe to anything with a "sony" name on it. 

And yes, I still have quite abit of hatred left for those who brought the NGE into being.  Nothing at this point will ever change that.  It's still a raw nerve, and people still lurk, watching these forums.  

*edit

Originally Ahazi, finished it out on Farstar with Unity. 

2nd Edit:

Currently grinding pikeman.  Just filled out my "expert polearm support abilities" box

Just to clarify.   His suicide was unrelated to SWG.

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

I played swg casually for over eight years. If it was still up, I'd still be playing. That said, I am looking forward to trying new mmos with their own take on crafting and gathering professions.

• lordstarwolflordstarwolf Member Posts: 53
    Just the ability to have a "non-combat" profession and let that be the entirety of your gaming experience has been impossible in any MMO I've tried since.   Having crafting as a viable form of gameplay seems to have been lost on developers.  To say nothing of the social aspect of the Dancer or Musician professions SWG had. 

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

No game has come close to the golden era of SWG PRE CU.

Crafting still unmatched.

The rich features which gave you never seen gameplay options in any MMORPG since mixed in a game. Breeding, growing your own pets from taming to extracting their NDA, slicing weapons as a smuggler activity, dancers, musicians.

Every MMORPG of today is a barebone skeleton measured on that rich features and gameplay options masterpiece.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Update:
    FFXIV is my new SWG. Hope you guys find what you're looking for out there :)

• HardcodedHardcoded Member UncommonPosts: 97
    I'm praying that http://www.therepopulation.com/ pans out like I hope it does.
  • AcorniaAcornia Member UncommonPosts: 275
    Old Lowca pre CU player that loved the game at the time.  Left for good after the NEG / Jump to Light Speed mess.
  • vveaver_onlinevveaver_online Member UncommonPosts: 436
    let soe make swg2 lol smead whatever you know what needs to be done by now!
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Acornia
    Old Lowca pre CU player that loved the game at the time.  Left for good after the NEG / Jump to Light Speed mess.

heh, I don't think you meant to put JTL there, I'd assume it was Trials of Obi-wan.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    I have to say it is the same for me. I loved SWG, but FF14 is turning out to be a pretty decent MMO. Even though it is different, it hits a certain spot with me.

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• barrkbarrk Member Posts: 24

lawlgat forum for former swg players

http://lawlgat.freeforums.org/

QQMOAR