Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where's my 2H Sword class?

I always play the class that uses 2H swords to cleave down my enemies in any MMO or DnD game I've ever played. I know this class exists in the FF universe and I'm sad to see it not in at launch.

What classes would you guys like for them to add eventually?

Comments

• MistborneMistborne Member UncommonPosts: 26
    I read somewhere (can't recall the source) that a 2h sword job and/or class is in the works. I personally want thieves. Limsa Lominsa is missing a third class guild, so I wonder if in the future a thieves guild will be introduced there. Such a guild would make sense what with the pirate theme they have going on. And of course I really am looking forward to ninja, which I envision as an extension of thief.
  • David_LopanDavid_Lopan Member UncommonPosts: 813

2 handed axe is the new 2 handed sword.

New Classes:

Samuari

Ninja

Red Mage

Blue Mage

Dark Knight

Magi-tinker

Sword Sage

Fencer

Nihilist

to name a few

• MawneeMawnee Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Im right there with you, just feels wrong not to have the option.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

yupp a 2 hander class and a dual wiled class are definitelly missing in the game.

Also more types of weapons based on what each class can use. For example, a gladiator uses one hand sword. Why not one hand mace, morningstars and axes as well? thats lame, considering mages have 2 types of weapon, one hander + magic shields, and 2 hander staff.

Also more job combinations are needed.  I could very much use a new job based on Marauder / arcanist, or Marauder / thaumaturge, or Marauder / archer, or Pugilist / conjurer, etc. Just to name a few

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    I love bard classes and how many MMOs are missing my fav class? Not saying I hope you dont get what you want, just saying you cant have it all :- good news is they have said more classes/jobs coming. Just dont know when.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Originally posted by rojo6934

yupp a 2 hander class and a dual wiled class are definitelly missing in the game.

Also more types of weapons based on what each class can use. For example, a gladiator uses one hand sword. Why not one hand mace, morningstars and axes as well? thats lame, considering mages have 2 types of weapon, one hander + magic shields, and 2 hander staff.

Also more job combinations are needed.  I could very much use a new job based on Marauder / arcanist, or Marauder / thaumaturge, or Marauder / archer, or Pugilist / conjurer, etc. Just to name a few

Dont forget they can add more jobs to base classes.

• icculus2112icculus2112 Member Posts: 105

Ninja has already been more or less confirmed as coming

My guess is at some point MRD 30 + THM 15 = Dark Knight as a 2H sword class

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by rojo6934

Dont forget they can add more jobs to base classes.

Definitelly.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

The game was severely rushed and the whole design suffered for it.

Then they had to spend the last several months tidying up and implementing noob tools and ways to get players to easily get into the game.So they have not yet had a lot of time to actually finish the content that was intended for this game.

I guess the good news is that you will have lots more to do in months to come.

The problem i have is exactly what happened to ffxI,speeding up leveling is an absolutely HUGE mistake..Example in FFXI they added two new classes Geomancer and Rune Fencer,well because of the speed leveling mechanics,nobody actually gets to enjoy a class,it is simply speed level to 99 then grind 99 gear,that is really shallow gaming.

Point being they could add any cool class even a 2H class but if players race to level 50 in one week,how fun actually will it be?Answer is not fun at all,then it becomes WOW 2.0,nobody will care about the game,only what they can do at level 50,at least until level cap rises.

The game just released a  little over a week ago an already i see tons of players with level 50 characters,that is not enjoying the experience of raising a character at all,that is treating it like some race.When FFXI came out most of us were still learning the game 2-3-4 months later,let alone have any maxed classes.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• TalsalusTalsalus Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Then they had to spend the last several months tidying up and implementing noob tools and ways to get players to easily get into the game.So they have not yet had a lot of time to actually finish the content that was intended for this game.

The problem i have is exactly what happened to ffxI,speeding up leveling is an absolutely HUGE mistake..Example in FFXI they added two new classes Geomancer and Rune Fencer,well because of the speed leveling mechanics,nobody actually gets to enjoy a class,it is simply speed level to 99 then grind 99 gear,that is really shallow gaming.

Point being they could add any cool class even a 2H class but if players race to level 50 in one week,how fun actually will it be?Answer is not fun at all,then it becomes WOW 2.0,nobody will care about the game,only what they can do at level 50,at least until level cap rises.

The game just released a  little over a week ago an already i see tons of players with level 50 characters,that is not enjoying the experience of raising a character at all,that is treating it like some race.When FFXI came out most of us were still learning the game 2-3-4 months later,let alone have any maxed classes.

There will always be people who rush to max in any MMO. But there are also those who take their time and enjoy the experience. 

• icculus2112icculus2112 Member Posts: 105

If I was designer for FFXIV (and had infinite resources ot make all these class quests) i would add:

DoW:

Thief

DoM:

Druid (nature based caster, new for FF as far as I know, but needed for jobs)

new Jobs:

30 THF + 15 PUG = Ninja

30 LNC + 15 THF = Samurai (Lancer may not be ideal, but MRD and GLD have other options)

30 MRD + 15 THM = Dark Knight

15 THM + 15 CNJ + 15 GLD = Red Mage

15 GLD + 15 DRU + 15 ACN = Blue Mage

30 DRU + 15 PUG = Geomancer

30 GLD + 15 THM = Spellblade

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by icculus2112

If I was designer for FFXIV (and had infinite resources ot make all these class quests) i would add:

DoW:

Thief

DoM:

new Jobs:

30 THF + 15 PUG = Ninja

30 LNC + 15 THF = Samurai (Lancer may not be ideal, but MRD and GLD have other options)

Oh god, "thief" would actually be a hybrid between a crafting & gathering class XD. It is paramount for any thief in FF games to actually be able to steal items from mobs, lol.

• MattatronMattatron Member Posts: 226
    Originally posted by DMKano

Here is what a 2H-Nihilist class should look like 

Just looking at this pic makes my neck hurt. lol

• AriolanderAriolander Member UncommonPosts: 97
    I expect with a long and health lifespan FF XIV will get the FF XI treatment and have expansions that beyond raising the level cap and adding more high tier content will introduce new classes.

• TissmogiTissmogi Member Posts: 177

Someone that has no clue what he is talking about.

If you would have taken the time to look at the roadmap from 1.0 to 2.0, a very detailed timeline and feature document released for everyone to see, read and judge the progress, you would find that EVERYTHING has been not only implemented as promised and delivered on time. It also exceeded the initial content adding new dungeons and mechanics.

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

DoW:

Thief

DoM:

new Jobs:

30 THF + 15 PUG = Ninja

Good ideas there. Although you could replace Druid (since it hasn't really existed in the franchise before) with Beastmaster. I especially like you ideas for the 15/15/15 jobs, it's a neat way to handle the more hybrid type jobs.

Actually, the way things are currently set up, they could add a huge variety of Classes/Jobs. Personally, I'd like to see the return of the Time Mage. They'd have to either be DPS/Support or a Healer/Support, but giving more control options would be neat. You'd have to be careful with it though, depending on how something like Haste could work, it could easily make other classes very OP (Pug/Monks for example).

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    Originally posted by Ariolander
    I expect with a long and health lifespan FF XIV will get the FF XI treatment and have expansions that beyond raising the level cap and adding more high tier content will introduce new classes.

This^^^

It's an mmo, it ain't finished, it's not over till the... ummm, well um, well it's never over, it's never finished.

Till the power shuts off, that's IT!

My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    Originally posted by DMKano

Here is what a 2H-Nihilist class should look like 

Yeah because having a traffic cone on your head is awesome.

• zaylinzaylin Member UncommonPosts: 794

Ninja has already been more or less confirmed as coming

My guess is at some point MRD 30 + THM 15 = Dark Knight as a 2H sword class

LOL just what I was thinking and my buddy is REALLY wanting

• azonic69azonic69 Member UncommonPosts: 103

So you are telling me what I can and can't enjoy? If you enjoy slow leveling and using the same few abilities than that's fine but I certainly don't. The reason I try to hit cap as fast as I can is to play my class like it was meant to be played with all the tools they are meant to have. The 1-49 experience is worthless anyway as you will keep NOTHING of what you get while you level up. What is the point of making the leveling part last 7 months if in the end you will still be 50 and will still need to start grinding 50 gear.

Please explain to me how it ruins the fun of the class to race to 50????