Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Herp Rederped

wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

First 1017, now 3102. ...Seriously, SE? And then it says "if the problem continues, please call customer support." Yes, i believe you should be able to speak with them regarding the current issue... in your dreams, lol.

Sorry SE, gonna have to award you a hearty "Double Derp"

Comments

• SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602
    It's one for the wall of shame launches indeed. 
  • PanopeiaPanopeia Member Posts: 31

what are all you kids whining about of late with this game, I have had one que of 6 and one of 32 in last week, I get in to play all the time what the hell is it with you lot .... you must have some real sucky internet connection :D

Also if you were all wanting to play the game maybe you should of bought it earlier rather than later with such outstanding knowledge of how mmo launches go, then maybe you would not of all been locked out of creation or crashing in the odd que etc.

To those that read this bull.. its not all as bad as they are making out one little bit... the game has run today for example with no issues at all for last 9hrs... Phoenix server..

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

In a week no one will care about the launch issues.

In a month the power levelers with multiple 50's will be gone.

In a few months, we'll REALLY be able to see where this game is at and where it is going.

You know, just like EVERY OTHER MMORPG LAUNCH EVER.

• SamuraiXIVSamuraiXIV Member Posts: 354
    I understand having errors launching a new mmo but taking weeks or probably months and still have same errors is plain stupid and unseen.

"mmorpg.com forum admins are all TROLLS and losers in real life"
    My opinion

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

It's not worth it.  I had no issues but people called me a fanboy because I was stating that it wasn't the total catastrophe that everyone was claiming.  Just cross your arms and ignore them.   With the exception of a few failed logins ON labor day.. I've had no issues.  Today either.

What would Lord British do?  ;-)

Seriously though, are the negative nancy's the ones you really want to populate the game?  Let them move on. 

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    how long have you had the 3102 it doesnt seem to be wide spread i seen it take up to 15 minutes to fully kick people out tho
  • kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854

I blame the PS3 for all of this!

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Originally posted by Raxeon
    how long have you had the 3102 it doesnt seem to be wide spread i seen it take up to 15 minutes to fully kick people out tho

It's been 30 minutes now good thing I was done for the day, tried logging in to see if there was a queue.

• muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    Originally posted by Ikeda

It's not worth it.  I had no issues but people called me a fanboy because I was stating that it wasn't the total catastrophe that everyone was claiming.  Just cross your arms and ignore them.   With the exception of a few failed logins ON labor day.. I've had no issues.  Today either.

Seriously though, are the negative nancy's the ones you really want to populate the game?  Let them move on. 

Yes my same experience and I stopped caring. And hoping that these people get tired and ask for a refund or something.

Every launch is the same and I bet they are always the same people

Originally posted by Panopeia

what are all you kids whining about of late with this game, I have had one que of 6 and one of 32 in last week, I get in to play all the time what the hell is it with you lot .... you must have some real sucky internet connection :D

Also if you were all wanting to play the game maybe you should of bought it earlier rather than later with such outstanding knowledge of how mmo launches go, then maybe you would not of all been locked out of creation or crashing in the odd que etc.

To those that read this bull.. its not all as bad as they are making out one little bit... the game has run today for example with no issues at all for last 9hrs... Phoenix server..

You mustn't have played the last two days then or got real lucky with your server. Both Monday and Tuesday myself and many others were forced to spam 0 from early morning onwards because the servers were clogged with AFKers. Just because you claim to not have had any issues, don't go around spouting nonsense that it isn't that bad because it has been that bad. 

• tort0429tort0429 Member UncommonPosts: 297

I just got in again after about an hour of 3102.   Our patience is being tested.  lol

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    Originally posted by Raxeon

There's already a 52 page thread on the main forums.  Its widespread.

You're the negative here cause that there are issues it's a true fact ignoring them is like you don't want the game to succeed, cause if you did you would point the issues in order to get them resolved.

Sidenote: I love FFXIV ARR more then any single player game or mmo game, bought it for PC and ps3 and have desktop theme and ps3 theme set with it, that said since the 24th so over 10 days I have played maybe 6 hours tops and if I say different I would be liar.

10 days and still not fixed is a shame!

My opinion

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by Senden

because the servers were clogged with AFKers. 

See, it's stuff like this that just... wow.

Please read the patch notes.  Could you please note the part where they dealt with AFK'ers.  Just once?  They didn't.  Why?  Because that wasn't the cause of the problem.

But because you HEARD (likely from some people on here) that AFK'ers are the problem you immediately say "huh, well that's the reason for this".  It's a red herring...

The ACTUAL problem was the duty finder screw with server availability (per the patch notes).  

But calling people out... listen... I had no problems with the exception of Monday getting on.  Someone called me a liar and I posted timestamped screenshots.  I don't have the time nor inclination to go through every post and submit screenshots to prove what is said so I don't expect it of others either.

Originally posted by SamuraiXIV

You're the negative here cause that there are issues it's a true fact ignoring them is like you don't want the game to succeed, cause if you did you would point the issues in order to get them resolved.

I'm not ignoring facts.  So please stop making blanket statements.  I'm saying it's not as bad as people make it out to be.  And FRANKLY, I'm tired of defending it to people who may/may not even stick.  

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Originally posted by BadSpock

In a week no one will care about the launch issues.

In a month the power levelers with multiple 50's will be gone.

In a few months, we'll REALLY be able to see where this game is at and where it is going.

You know, just like EVERY OTHER MMORPG LAUNCH EVER.

A week from now or a week since launch, because technically this is the 8th day post launch.

Please read the patch notes.  Could you please note the part where they dealt with AFK'ers.  Just once?  They didn't.  Why?  Because that wasn't the cause of the problem.

But because you HEARD (likely from some people on here) that AFK'ers are the problem you immediately say "huh, well that's the reason for this".  It's a red herring...

The ACTUAL problem was the duty finder screw with server availability (per the patch notes).  

But calling people out... listen... I had no problems with the exception of Monday getting on.  Someone called me a liar and I posted timestamped screenshots.  I don't have the time nor inclination to go through every post and submit screenshots to prove what is said so I don't expect it of others either.

I'm not ignoring facts.  So please stop making blanket statements.  I'm saying it's not as bad as people make it out to be.  And FRANKLY, I'm tired of defending it to people who may/may not even stick.  

I played version 1.0 the whole time and I do like arr much better but no matter how much I like it I can't play it cause still get 1017

My opinion

No.. the duty finder is the main cause of the problem and a side effect of that cause is people logging in going AFK in fear of not being able to get on later. When I can't login at 10am in the morning without spamming 0 for 20 minutes and when I do get on, I see tons of stationary people EVERYWHERE, it's not just because of the reduced server capacity, it's because the majority of the people taking up spots on the server aren't even home let alone on their computers. Yes duty finder is the main culprit but you can't say the AFK issue hasn't been the cause of servers being clogged up in the mornings on a weekday. 

[mod edit]
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    [mod edit]

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by tort0429

I just got in again after about an hour of 3102.   Our patience is being tested.  lol

it means its not full blown the game just got stupid

• Riposte.ThisRiposte.This Member Posts: 192
    Just so the OP knows, I am playing and it is glorious

Killing dragons is my shit

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

I had the 3102 error several time this AM. Initially for a minute or two the 1st few times. Got worse. Eventually I got in. Afraid to log out but I'm only afking for a few minutes at a clip so I don't feel bad (well 20 minutes to eat).

Forums over at the game site are quite hot atm.

Originally posted by Riposte.This

A quick look at the official forums and you can see that a large portion players aren't able to play. I'm actually on too now and playing but I don't feel the need to rub it in people's faces who have issues. 

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by Riposte.This

Don't log out, it won't be so glorious anymore.

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

No.. the duty finder is the main cause of the problem and a side effect of that cause is people logging in going AFK in fear of not being able to get on later. When I can't login at 10am in the morning without spamming 0 for 20 minutes and when I do get on, I see tons of stationary people EVERYWHERE, it's not just because of the reduced server capacity, it's because the majority of the people taking up spots on the server aren't even home let alone on their computers. Yes duty finder is the main culprit but you can't say the AFK issue hasn't been the cause of servers being clogged up in the mornings on a weekday. 

Right, so the duty finder is the issue and not the AFK players.  Glad we agree.

I addressed this before and I'm not going to do it again.  You are wrong.  Your logic makes no sense. 

But please, continue to spew whatever you wish - I, like many others, are tired of trying to keep this forum in the general realm of reality.  Let the trolls have it - it's what MMORPG.com is good for anyway.

This discussion has been closed.