Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

[General Article] Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Review in Progress 1

12346»

Comments

• Ironman2000Ironman2000 Baltimore, MDPosts: 310Member
    11:29 pm on sunday night 9/1/13 and i'm here on MMORPG.com instead of actually playing FFXIV:ARR....I was in the last 3 betas and the early access....this stuff has gone on way to long.  I love the game, don't get me wrong at all.  Its hugely improved over the orignial train wreck but the login management systems and the abilities of the developer to deal with and communicate to the player base is seriously seriously lacking.  I purchased the game and I sware to GOD that they aren't getting one more dime from me until this crap is fixed.  They have 30 days (though anyone that was supposed to get 30 days or so free for buying the game should be comped) to get it all worked out or my money is staying in my pocket.  I was very prepared to chunk down 6 months of service for the game until its common for me to be met with Error 1017 for hours on end, now i'm not so sure that i'm giving them any money.  They also state that you can make 8 characters per server, but they halted character creation on "Leviathan" server (I understand why they did, but I don't like it one bit).  So long and short of it is, they owe US, the players, fans and financiers of this game.  They need to make it right.  Only problem is now that people have started putting down roots on servers, no one is going to want to move, they will want everyone else to move off the server even if they allow free transfers. If they allow free transfers, how long will it take to move all these people.  Way longer then they have.
  • MultibyteMultibyte Los Angeles, CAPosts: 76Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by pokolo
    is this game seamless open world or it have loadings all over the place?

I second this question. Is it a seamless and open world ?

In other words, is it like WoW with vast stretches of lands that can be traveled without seeing a loading screen or is it like GW2 where you have to go thru a loading screen every time you cross into another zone ?

• NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Common
    Originally posted by Conley
    5.1? Wow staying far away from this game for sure. I thought this was supposed to be such amazing remake but apparently SquareEnix failed again. 

5.1 is the game from 2 years ago  (and should be removed because it causing confusion)

mmorpg.com has not given their rating for FFARR yet

• RaveiceRaveice MellerudPosts: 22Member

Review In progress, so far, you fail just write mostly about server problems as a whine post like they do in the forum though everyone knows they're working to fix this ..

They can not ignore us they are working around the clock to fix it.

People need to calm down at times, not end of the world tomorrow.

It has always been like this on all the new games Lanuch. I have not seen anything perfect start where there has been lot of problems.

I'm also a bit annoyed but I have played and not complaining about it, but my friends that I wanted to play with can not post right now sinna characters on that server I'm playing right now. But it will be resolved soon

• gambe1gambe1 KrmeljPosts: 123Member
    This is why i always wait a month, or 3 before buying MMO. Many of them have shaky releases, mostly due the amount of people trying to play at release. 
  • MagikrorriMMagikrorriM Binghamton, NYPosts: 176Member Uncommon

The login issues mentioned are easily avoided, login during off peak hours and stay logged in. People are catching on to this, during peak hours, there are too many people trying to get in, so many that it exceeds the queue. There is no auto kick and from all indications from SE there won't be.

They stopped digital sales until they fix the server capacity. A lot of servers of been closed off to character creation. And the servers that weren't full have also filled up or are filling up fast.

I don't think anyone could have predicted such a mass exodus to ffxiv, but it would seem that word is getting out fast and furious, despite the server problems.

• muthaxmuthax mondaPosts: 593Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Wicoa
    Originally posted by Unfriendly
    [mod edit]

As a customer this launch has not been poo to me. I have played 80% of the time I have wanted to except for one day when the issues were really bad.

Ditto. I started 'playing' on thursday (well, staring at the login screen) and from friday on I had no problem loggin in (hit the queue a few times but it was a question of minutes). I don't AFK over night either

• muthaxmuthax mondaPosts: 593Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Bootez
    I was hoping to read a review. Thanks for wasting my time complaining. I want to know if the game is good. Not if an MMO had MMO troubles during an MMO launch, just like every MMO to ever exist in the MMO genre. Thanks for nothing. 

Yeah what use will this article be in a couple of weeks when the servers issues are gone?

• zaylinzaylin Olympia, WAPosts: 789Member

End game,End game....what about the journey, im just wondering where all this I NEED end game content came from, did EQ have End Game content? it seems no matter what mmo comes out or how much end game content it comes OUT with its never enough :P.

Almost all the end game content Ive seen consists of Dailies and grinding Raid/instiance finders for badges....idk i just have more fun getting to max level than i do grinding gear at max level, all this rush rush to end game then freak out becuase theres not much to do because you burnt threw it, i dont get. well maybe that because i dont have 8 hours a day to play lol.

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Posts: 758Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by zaylin

End game,End game....what about the journey, im just wondering where all this I NEED end game content came from, did EQ have End Game content? it seems no matter what mmo comes out or how much end game content it comes OUT with its never enough :P.

Almost all the end game content Ive seen consists of Dailies and grinding Raid/instiance finders for badges....idk i just have more fun getting to max level than i do grinding gear at max level, all this rush rush to end game then freak out becuase theres not much to do because you burnt threw it, i dont get. well maybe that because i dont have 8 hours a day to play lol.

Sad to say that the journey is only a week long if all you do is level your main. I stopped at 30 and am working on crafting to prolong the journey. Not sure why but seems that all crafting requires alot of things that other crafters make after 20, so this could take a while.

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox NottinghamPosts: 670Member Uncommon
    MMORPG.com stole my idea! I was thinking of Illidan's quote "You are not prepared" during last week while struggling to get on the damn servers lol.

imageimage

12346»